What's new

RPG SIM Unknown/Hiatus [Tiziusacasus] Project: Royal Breeder (update 23/11/2019)

Tiziusacasus

Lurker
Reputation score

Gametest_Minotaur1 4X.png Project: Royal Breeder Gametest_Catgirl1 4X.png
(temporary title)

!!!ATTENTION!!!
Right now the project is in very early development, but i would be happy to recieve your feedback, expecialy on the art.
Every asset you'll see is likely a place holder.
If you have any question feel free to ask.

Current build : Project - Royal Breeder 0.0.0.4 (proof of concept 4)
Updated 23/11/19

Changelog :
- one new animation : (CatgirlsxGoblins)
- added a basic calendar (i recomend to start a new game)
- added the first "boss battle" : it will happen the first "Saturday". (after 5 days of breeding).
- added a basic combat event : it will happen every "Saturday"
- reworked the breeding system : tutorial in the README and op, more detailed information in the update post.
- added a new breeding mechanic : Vigor; high vigor means that a couple can breed more times each day.

Download here : (windows)

Installation : Simply extract the executable from the zip file, run the executable to start playing.

Genere/Fetishes (for now) : RPG , Breeding , Monsters , MonsterGirls

Controls : use the mouse to click buttons and type on the keyboard when necessary.

Current content :
- 4 species of monster (Catgirls, Minotaurs, Cowgirls, Goblins)
- 4 animations ( Catgirl x Minotaur ; Catgirl x Goblin ; Cowgirl x Goblin ; Cowgirl x Minotaur)
- basic breeding system : the offspring has a chance to inherit better (or worse) genes from the parents
- you can get rid of the useless monster by freeing them
- basic combat system : more information in the readme file
- you can capture the monsters that you defeat
-The itroduction of the story

My objectives for the game:

My goal is to merge seamlessly into the gameplay loop three main features: Breeding , Combat and Story.
Breeding, the more "intresting" one, will allow you to populate your stables with your own genetically engienered monsters. Each race will be unique and will mantain its qualities even during the late game, when every monster will have perfect genes; in example a perfect Catgirl will always be more agile but less strong than a prfect Minotaur.
Turn based 2v2 combat, similar to the one found in pokemon games, will incentivize you to breed the strongest monster possible. After combat you will be able to capture monters from the wilds, obtaining most of the new species will be done this way.
Progressing trough the main story, not only you will unlock new zones where to hunt for exotic species, but you will also face challenging boss battles, encounter intresting characters, and expirence even more "intresting" events.

How to breed monsters:

1)Choose a couple slot. In order to do that click on one of the colored numbers.
2)Select a female (names on the left) and a male (names on the right).
3)Click on the button FORM COUPLE. If everything went right the names of the monsters should now be highlighted
with the couple color(red for couple 1,yellow for 2,blue for 3,purple for 4).
4)Repeat 1 to 3 for all the couples you want / can form.
5)Press the button START DAY. All the couples you have formed will breed and will be ready for the next day.
6)Try to breed the perfect monster! You can disable the animations trought the menu to speed up the process.

Plans for the next release:

- improving the combat system.
- at least one background for the intro.
- adding better ways of starting a new game.

Last edited:
OP
Tiziusacasus

Tiziusacasus

Lurker
Reputation score
The new version is ready! you can find the download link in the op.

Project : Royal Breeder version 0.0.0.2 (proof of concept 2)
update 16/07/2019

Changelog :
- one new race : Goblins
how to get them : fight against one and capture him
- one new animation : (CowgirlsxGoblins)
- improved the cowgirl sprite
- added a basic combat system
- the player is able to capture the monsters defeated in combat
- improved the UI

About the combat system :

This is only the first iteration. I have already in mind some ways to make it a little more engaging and tactical.
It is also highly unbalanced. The stats of the monsters that you'll fight are randomly generated, so the combat may be very easy or very difficult.
The wild monsters also attack completely at random so if you are lucky you may be able to win impossible fight.
If you win you'll be able to capture the monsters that you have defeated.

For more information on the combat system, open the readme file bundled with the game.

Plans for the next realese :

- Adding a calendar, it will track the passing of in game days.
- One new animation. (Catgirls x Goblins)
- Improving the existing artwork.

Clawfoot

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
This game has potential. Just hopefully it doesn't go the path of a similar game.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Malware GG
Unless you have proof of this, I suggest not making false accusations. Did a scan of my own and it comes up clean.

OP
Tiziusacasus

Tiziusacasus

Lurker
Reputation score

Project : Royal Breeder version 0.0.0.3 (proof of concept 3)

update 20/09/2019

Change log :
[spoiler tag]
- one new animation : (CatgirlsxGoblins)
- added a basic calendar (i recomend to start a new game)
- added the first "boss battle" : it will happen the first "Saturday". (after 5 days of breeding).
- added a basic combat event : it will happen every "Saturday"
- reworked the breeding system : tutorial in the README and op, more detailed information below.
- added a new breeding mechanic : Vigor ; high vigor means that a couple can breed more times each day.

About the new breeding system :

I would really like your feedback on this.
Now at the start of each day the player will decide wich couples of monsters will breed.
After having formed up to 4 couples the player will start the breeding process.
Each couple will "perform" in order, displayng the relative animation (if enabled) and rolling the fertility check a number of times equal to their vigor.
After every couple has finished, the day will end and a new one will begin. The monsters WILL remain paired with their partners until the player overwrites or brakes the couple.
Overall this system should help you keep track of your objectives and , expecialy with a high number
of monsters in your stables, avoid the chaos wich is encountered in other games of the genre.

About the combat event and the "boss battle" :

Right now the combat event is simply the random combat of the previous version. In future updates this will be raplaced by the exploration of wild areas.
The first "boss" battle instead is an encouter with two low level goblins. Since it is meant to be the combat tutorial is almost a guaranteed win.
It will happen the first Saturday (Day: 6).

Plans for the next release :

- Color variations for the static sprites.
- Some story (maybe?)
- One new animation. (Cowgirls x Minotaurs)
- Improving the existing artwork.

Last edited:
OP
Tiziusacasus

Tiziusacasus

Lurker
Reputation score
Progress report 08/10/19

Good news everyone!
Like i said in the previous post, I managed to work in color variations and, since it was easy enough, the new system will work not only with the static sprites, but also with the animations.
freezeframe1.gif
The color of a monster is chosen randomly between 8 different ones during monster generation. Overall this change will bring much needed variety to the game.
Now I will start working on the CowgirlxMinotaur animation. Do you guys have any particular wish regarding it?

OP
Tiziusacasus

Tiziusacasus

Lurker
Reputation score

Project : Royal Breeder version 0.0.0.4 (proof of concept 4)

update 23/11/2019

Change log :
- one new animation : (CowgirlsxMinotaurs)
- adedd color variations, 8 colors for species
- added the story introduction

About the story introduction:

Right now is just a wall of text, but in future updates will be accompanied by pixel art backgrounds
and character busts. I'm not a native english speaker so any correction and suggestion you have will be
appreciated. I'm fairly happy with it, but I'd like to know your impressions. For now it will show up
every time you start the game, but don't worry there is a skip button.

Plans for the next release :

- improving the combat system.
- at least one background for the intro.
- adding better ways of starting a new game.