OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Shadowcat (Dreana)

HP = 55, PP = 38, EP = 39, Status = Pregnant, Bound

Gain 4 exp for the guy you killed earlier that I forgot about, and 4 more for the hellhound you killed. You may spend exp between this post and the next.

"Very good. An appetite means that you are not fool enough to distrust me completely. Tis a refreshing mindset among mortalkind, I must say! But I digress...." The horned woman said, and then clapped twice. The door opened, and a black haired woman with horns identical to those of the other woman stepped inside. She was dressed in a maids outfit.... Or at least the apron part of a maids outfit, the rest of her being quite obviously naked as she stepped forward, baring a tray containing lavish food and a pitcher of water. Setting it upon the bed that Shadowcat was laid in, she propped a tray over the Su-Ku-Ta assassin's rounded belly, and then set the plate down elegantly upon it. She hadn't spoken a word, but contrary to her revealing dress and servant's status, her crimson eyes practically glowed with intelligence, and she smiled warmly to Shadowcat as she retreated several steps from the bed.

The maid bowed, first to Shadowcat, and then to her mistress, before silently moving back out of the room and shutting the door. Once she was gone, the woman that had been there when she had awoken smiled and tilted her head toward the food. "Eat first, and then I will explain, and answer any questions that you like." Only when Shadowcat had begun to eat (the food was the best she had ever had) did her host speak further. "You are in my palace, my little kitten. I am the Lady of Acheron, but my common name is Xeon. Whether I allow you to use it is to be determined by this conversation." She said, by all accounts completely relaxed as far as any visual indications might imply.

"I suspect that you have guessed by now that I am a demon." She continued, folding her arms over her chest; "I will be as straightforward with you as I can, my little kitten, because I believe that you would appreciate that more than you would any more subtle attempts at coercion." She paused a moment, allowing that to sink in and possibly allowing Shadowcat a brief time to respond before continuing; "Your presence here offers a great opportunity to me and my kind. Though I regret the.... Circumstances, under which you were brought to us, I am not one to waste an opportunity like the one that you represent.

"This room is yours to use as you wish, until such time as you are ready to release the litter that you are carrying. When that time comes, I will ask of you to make a choice. You see, there are only two states from which you will leave this room. If you refuse my offer, and attempt to attack me or mine, you will be dealt with in a similar manner. Once your mind has been broken, you will be put to work in the kennels until your body can no longer take any more, and you expire. I don't want that, and I don't think that you do either." She paused a moment, a confident smile upon her face. "Would you like to hear more? Or will that be your fate, without a moment's consideration for the alternative?"

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Shadowcat (Dreana)

(exp spent. Added +4 body, and Heavy hitter talent.)

*Shadowcat started to shift in the cloth wrapped about her trying to free her arms from it. She at least wanted to feed herself and not seem helpless.* "You obviously want something from me. I should at least give you until i know whats going on before i start distrusting you entirely."

*Munching upon the food however her options were she listened to the woman with partly divided attention. Her vision took in as much around her as she could looking for anything out of place without being obvious she was doing it.* "Well miss Lady of Acheron..Me determining you to be a demon was pretty easy. We are or were in Artmirst and it being overrun with demons doesnt leave many options for someone who would have a home like this here. You are also quite right that i appreciate someone being more straightforward then subtle or tricky."

*At mention of the litter she carried she would glance to her stomach and settle a hand upon it if she were free enough to reach. her face would carry an angry glare at her own body for a moment before returning to a straight faced look upon her host.* "I will hear this offer of yours. I am a woman of buisness and my services can always be hired regardless of the race of my employer. Though I tell you now I care very little for the idea of carrying this litter to term. The beast didnt beat me so its litter isnt deserving of life. I am by no means fond of hellhounds."

Last edited:
OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: To Kill a Cat (Dreana)

Shadowcat: HP = 67, PP = 45, EP = 44, Status = Fine

The blankets were easy enough for Shadowcat to extricate herself, but she was still wrapped tightly, and with the added obstacle of the tray over her and her own swollen belly, and motions she might make to get out of bed would be both loud and slow. At her response, the woman nodded, and seemed pleased as she replied; "A highly reasonable mindset.... Most refreshing."

When Shadowcat laid a hand down upon her belly and spoke, Xeon tilted her head to the side slightly, listening and watching her as she spoke, and for a few moments after. Finally, after a short pause, she said; "You were brought to me, unconscious and your body already filled with its seed, by the very beast that you speak of. He did not defeat you, you say? I am curious as to what he will have to do to prove his worth." She paused, contemplating for a moment, and then sighed heavily.

"I do understand your feelings, my little kitten. I am no fan of the childbearing look myself, and have avoided having any spawn myself. But, I am afraid to say that I cannot allow you to harm yourself in order to remove them. However.... You say that they are unworthy of life because their father did not defeat you, correct? What if I could arrange for that to be resolved, one way or another? If you are victorious, you may slay your children, but if you are not, then they will be allowed to grow to term. Is this acceptable to you?" She continued, and then paused to wait for an answer.

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

*A bit of a grin begin to form on her lips as the idea of being able to kill the beast that did this to her came to mind.The killer fire started to rekindle and just imagining the beasts guts all over.*
"I say that agreement sounds fair enough. Though I doubt its the main reason you went through the trouble of bringing me here. I would love the chance to rip that things throat out...but i still would like to hear the real reason i'm here."
*She would work on finishing the meal before her as she waited for the woman to continue on.*

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Her host clapped in delight at Shadowcat's answer, and replied; "Excellent! I shall have the arrangements made swiftly.... But you are correct, that is most certainly not the reason that I have brought you before me." The woman returned to a relaxed position, her hands folded in her lap, before she continued; "Yes, you are in Artmirst now.... Though if I have my way, it will not be called Artmirst for very much longer. I desire that you help me toward that end."

She paused briefly, allowing her words time to sink in, and possibly for questions to form in Shadowcat's mind, before she spoke further; "You do not know it yet, as you have been here, but the mortal world... Your world, is under siege. And this time, it is not by the hands of my kind, for our domain is assaulted as well. They have been pushed back of course, but that they even thought to strike at us in the heart of our strength should be sign enough of how the fractured groups of mortals in this place have fared against these attackers.

"The balance of power in your world has been changed. And it has left an opening for us here, that we might thrive as we never have before. We have rebuilt much of this place while the eyes of those in power have been turned elsewhere. Now, we are prepared to claim it fully, and we would have our claim recognized by those around us."

She paused again, and her eyes flashed. "OF course, being demons, none of my kind may go before any mortal authority and expect it to end without bloodshed. Not yet, at least. That is why I desire your aid, my little kitty.... Though you are not of these lands, as I have been led to understand, you would be admitted safely into the halls of the humans that inhabit these places. I do not doubt that you have your contacts among them as well, given your penchant for hunting us here. All I require of you is to join me, freely, as an ally. In return, you will not only be paid in coin, but you will have our influence at your disposal, so long as it does not conflict with our own interests. If you ever felt dissatisfied with your position, you could vacate it freely, with my blessing."

She stopped, waiting for Shadowcat to speak.

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

"So let me get this straight..You wish me to act as your envoy of some sort going to the other cities and telling them of your claim onto this city? And as far as my contacts go..I am an assassin. I doubt they would really let me to close to anyone they feel important just out of paranoia. Regardless though you have a deal. I'll help you spread the word as you wish. Besides now that you say there is something going on out there it has me curious. I'll go around get into cities and tell them what you want them to know."

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Xeon tilted her slightly and smiled at Shadowcat's simplified version of what the demoness desired of her. "Yes, that is an adequate simplification of things. It will do for now, but do not mistake me for a fool, kitty. You say that you are an assassin? I will find use for your talents in that area, rest assured." She clapped once, and rubbed her hands together as she watched Shadowcat for a moment, and excitedly said; "I am pleased to hear that! If that is the case, then you may call me by my name."

She rose from her seat in one smooth motion, and turned toward the door. As she made to exit the room, she said over her shoulder; "I must go and make some arrangements, but I will send one of my maids to see to your needs." She paused at the doorway, and then turned to glance at Shadowcat over her shoulder as she finished; "Good day, Shadowcat." Xeon left the room promptly, closing the door behind her.

A few minutes later, during which Shadowcat was left to do as she pleased, the door opened once more, and another woman wearing a skimpy maids outfit stepped in. This particular maid had longish blond hair, and lacked an overtly demonic features, to the point that she actually appeared almost completely human save for her long pointed ears. "Good day, milady." She said, and gave the bed ridden assassin a polite curtsy. "I am to see to your needs. You will be delivering your children shortly, would you like me to get you something for the pain?"

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

*Watching the dmeoness depart she just shook her head to herself as she wondered exactly what was going on in the rest of the world for things to be as they were. For now she simply lay and rested in the bed not enjoying being bed ridden as she was. With the arrival of the maid she eyed the woman shortly looking her over a moment before shaking her head to the womans questions.*
"No i dont need anything really. It will hurt i'll deal with it. I would just like to lay here comfortably while i can."

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"As you wish." The maid replied, and then curtsied once more to Shadowcat. The two waited in silence, but it didn't take very long before Shadowcat felt pangs in her belly, and at the first signs of her distress the maid was beside her, pulling the blankets aside and forcing Shadowcat's legs apart, and speaking to her throughout the birth as she acted as midwife.

It was long and discomforting, to say the least, but Shadowcat's tummy was flat by the end of it. Ten healthy young hellhounds had been released from her womb, and were already crawling about on the bed. For the moment, she found herself too exhausted to crush the life out of the excited little pups, who were strolling about on their four legs and sniffing anything that sat still long enough, tails wagging happily all the while. "Drink this." The maid said, and handed her a glass of some sweet smelling amber liquid, where she had acquired it from a mystery. When she obliged, Shadowcat felt her pains slipping away rapidly, and was unconscious again before she knew it.

She awoke some time later, in fresh bedding and feeling as if she had been cleaned. Her puppies were gone, but the maid remained, sitting in a chair and working a needle and thread into some sort of garment. "You are awake I see. Would you like something to eat, or would you prefer to go straight to the contest to decide the fate of your children? My lady has already made all of the necessary arrangements, and the court shall watch you do battle."

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

"yes something to eat will be fine. I didnt know she was going to make it some big spectacle. Regardless now I shall eat and then give that beast a piece of my mind..or well i should say i'll may be picking pieces of his off my claws.."

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Right this way when you are ready, madame. I will take you to the kitchens, and then to the arena." The maid replied with a curtsy, and then waited until Shadowcat rose from her bed. Despite her recent ordeal, the assassin found herself still relatively fit, and had no trouble at all in moving. When she got out of bed, the maid offhandedly offered to fetch her some clothes, not really caring if Shadowcat wanted them or not, and then once that had been attended to led her down to the kitchens.

"Anything that you could desire can be made, if you're willing to wait. Alternatively, we usually have stew and stored foods ready, if that's all you want. I await your command." She said, waiting with Shadowcat in the corner of the fairly busy and fairly large room.

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

*Rising from bed she gave her limbs each a little testing making sure she retained her flexability and such. At the maids offhand remark of clothes she would nod and ask for something simple and loose so she could move in it well enough. With clothes attended to she would follow along after the maid and would only request stew she would look for something fancy to eat at a better time. When stew was delivered she would eat quickly enough as for now she had killing to do and with food and clothes now handled she would follow along to the arena after the maid to not keep things held up any longer.*

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Now that she had been fed and clothed, the maid silently led Shadowcat out of the building, and back out into the streets of Artmirst. Only, they were no longer the desolate, ruined streets that Shadowcat had grown so accustomed to. Demons were everywhere, goblins and stalkers and ogres, every type of demon she could remember was present, and they were all hard at work. Building.

They were rebuilding Artmirst, and they seemed to be well on their way to finishing. The maid that guided her made no comment as she led the way through the streets, but it might have come as a surprise just how much was respect was shown to the woman in servant's clothes. Other demons made way for her, and even bowed their heads in deference, a gesture she always returned with a nod of her own and a slight smile.

After a brief journey, Shadowcat found herself in front of a coliseum, as her own people had once built in ages past. "The hellhound who brought you here awaits within. Go down that path, and you shall find him." She said, and then pointed into a hall that stretched into darkness.

Following directions, she parted ways with the maid and quickly emerged into the arena. It was circular, and a barrier that was about ten feet high rose up around the walls, protecting the stands, which were full. Hundreds of demon eyes fell upon her as she strode into the dim light of the arena, a sea of twin red lights focusing on her all at once. Across the arena, a gap of about a two hundred feet, the hellhound waited, lying on the ground of the arena. The beast's head rose from its paws as she entered, but it was still lying down.

The voice of the woman who had been present when Shadow awoke rose above the loud chatter from the stands, which immediately went silent. "Welcome Shadowcat! Now that both participants are present, we can begin! The stakes you know already, so I will not repeat them, but know that there are no rules in this arena, save that you harm only the other participants. Begin!" Her opponent rose to its feet finally, and started lazily walking toward her, tail swishing about behind it. The beast looked to be in no great hurry to close the distance, and hadn't yet brought up ins protective armor.

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

*Eyes would narrow upon the beast sitting of leisurely upon the sands. half listennig to the wordsof the woman Shadowcat only paid them enough heed to to give a nod when the woman finished. She began walking across the sands towards her opponent at a brisk pace she was ready to bleed the bastard out every which way. After a moment her pace sped up and she began running across the sands hands flexing and claws at the ready. Waiting until the two were finally in reach of each other she made out as if she were going to dash straight forward perhaps to feint and trick him into attacking one way before she would shift and duck to its side trying to dig a set of claws into the hounds side aiming to cut in right where its ribs stopped and soft flesh gave way.*

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Shadowcat: HP = 15/67, PP = 45, EP = 44, Status = Badly Injured

Rolls
Hellhound activates Dark Armor, X = 6
Attack (Shadowcat) : Hit.
Damage: 8 + 2 + 49 - 18 - 8 = 33 damage.

Attack (Hellhound) : Hit!
Damage: 2 + 10 + 23 + 18 - 1 = 52 damage. Clothing is at 0/25 TP.

The helhound started toward Shadowcat at a lope a second after she began walking toward it, black armor appearing over its flesh. The two broke into a run, and the crowd cheered as they reached one another, Shadowcat spinning aside and avoiding the beast's initial strike and digging lines in its side with her claws. Or at least, she thought that she'd avoided it.

The beast's tail slashed against her side, a scythelike blade having appeared on it, and the assassin just barely avoided being sliced in half by it. Her clothing was torn to shreds as it sliced her not once, but twice, going once across her back and again across her belly as she spun away. What little was left of her garments were quickly stained red by her blood, and pain and blood loss began to fog her vision and slow her down. The hellhound continued its run and came in a wide circle until it was coming for her again at a full charge. The beast had left a trail of blood behind it along its circle and was obviously wounded itself, but it showed no signs of stopping either.

The wounded cat-woman had a couple of seconds tops in which to decide what to do about the charging beast.