What's new

[TOOL] Machine Translator - work for RPGMakerTrans, wolftrans

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Have you been researching ways to get the game comments with RPG Maker Trans? Comments are sometimes used to print text through custom scripts. Unfortunately, they are ignored by default by RPG Maker Trans and therefore never appear in any .txt file.
My TL misses some Jap text because of this. Maybe you had the same crappy luck as me and looked for a solution? No luck on my part though: I have many things to do and I would like to postpone messing with RPG Maker Trans source code as much as I can.

OP
P

prao179

Reputation score
Have you been researching ways to get the game comments with RPG Maker Trans? Comments are sometimes used to print text through custom scripts. Unfortunately, they are ignored by default by RPG Maker Trans and therefore never appear in any .txt file.
My TL misses some Jap text because of this. Maybe you had the same crappy luck as me and looked for a solution? No luck on my part though: I have many things to do and I would like to postpone messing with RPG Maker Trans source code as much as I can.
Yes, i did. But it's quite hard for me. For now, I'll focus on translate's method, and put this thing later.
If you have some things useful, please share it with me, I appreciate that. And I'll share all information i know if you need.

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Something useful?
Well, I reused your character list "TerminatingCharacter" in my code to deal with Scripts. I added some others:
'{' '}'
As well as some alternate Japanese versions of ':' (takes as much space as a Jap character), '/', (more oblique) '-' (longer). Here's a capture because I couldn't copy paste them here.
Capture.JPG
You might also want to add:【】♡
Fell free to take what's useful for your list.

OP
P

prao179

Reputation score
Edit on 7/1/2018: Add Beta-version: Translate with var, single and double quote fix. add no spoil text.

Download latest version at first post.

Lv1VillagerA

Lurker
Reputation score
Nice, but I don't understand the read me file (as it's a txt file I suppose you couldn't proofread it).

I'm confused what do you mean by:"single and double quote fix" shouldn't you just isolate and translate anything between quotation marks/brackets without regard to any order or number?
What is "no spoil text"?

I'll wait a little longer before looking in the code to see how it works. I'll tell you when I borrow something to experiment with it like last time (The API blog post and the TerminatingCharacter list really helped). I'm going with a more complex approach for my translator with lots of juicy features (I'm making an auto-translator the user can configure to better translate specific games and can also use as a translation helper). i-e. it will never be as fast or simple as yours, I think this is your biggest advantage and you should not waste it because of a readme file.

There's no point in rewriting a readme if no one but me has read it and asked you to do so. So don't rewrite the readme just because of me but, if you want the translator to be fast and easy to use, maybe you should rewrite something so even an idiot can understand what needs to be understood to get started quickly.

Sanuu

Reputation score
I'm getting a "Script 'Window_Message' line 346: NoMethodError occured. undefined method 'upcase' for nil:NilClass" error. Any ideas on why this is happening?

OP
P

prao179

Reputation score
I'm confused what do you mean by:"single and double quote fix" shouldn't you just isolate and translate anything between quotation marks/brackets without regard to any order or number?
What is "no spoil text"?
About single and double quote, I meant " and ' . The have problem when apply patch to the game. So, I fix it.
No spoil text: Remove translated text from API out of log and terminal. Because that would effect to game's experiences if you read it. So I add to translator, You can turn it on in head part.
There's no point in rewriting a readme if no one but me has read it and asked you to do so. So don't rewrite the readme just because of me but, if you want the translator to be fast and easy to use, maybe you should rewrite something so even an idiot can understand what needs to be understood to get started quickly.
I thought about it. I'll re-write it in easier way to understand. Btw, im not good at English, so there are a little problems in my grammar. Sorry for that.
I'm getting a "Script 'Window_Message' line 346: NoMethodError occured. undefined method 'upcase' for nil:NilClass" error. Any ideas on why this is happening?
Could you send me your game and patch? I would fix it.

TheTru3Sky

Reputation score
I just get "Translation API failed for [moonrunes] with message: 743:....." when I try to translate. Someone know how to solve this?

DevilRabbit

Reputation score
I'm not sure if I'm just mentally disabled or I can't get the patch to actually patch.

I make a patch with RPGmaker trans, run google trans, it translates and then I patch the game with the made patch and it's still in Japanese?

Edit:

Upon looking into it more it seems to automatically close at some point in the translation, if I reopen the tool it will translate like two or three lines and then crash again. Normally at the 'commonevents' stage.

Last edited:
OP
P

prao179

Reputation score
I just get "Translation API failed for [moonrunes] with message: 743:....." when I try to translate. Someone know how to solve this?
Try to change to your own api. If it still have error. send me your patch_backup and info game.
I'm not sure if I'm just mentally disabled or I can't get the patch to actually patch.

I make a patch with RPGmaker trans, run google trans, it translates and then I patch the game with the made patch and it's still in Japanese?

Edit:

Upon looking into it more it seems to automatically close at some point in the translation, if I reopen the tool it will translate like two or three lines and then crash again. Normally at the 'commonevents' stage.
Could you send me your patch_backup and your info game?
So I could fix it in next version.

lehoangru

Reputation score
Does anyone know how to fix this ?? I don't know what I did wrong here. error.png

Predatorpulsado

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Does anyone know how to fix this ?? I don't know what I did wrong here.View attachment 15206
When you get that error it usually means there's a rogue backslash ( \ ) somewhere in the translated files that you have to fix, usually happens when calling commands like \\n or \\c are part of the translated string. Most translators mess up these commands and you end up with \ \ N or \ n n, etc. I'd recommend waiting until prao updates the translator to be able to handle those strings better or if you want to edit them yourself open all the patch txts, except for the scripts one, in notepad++ and use ctrl+f to look for the rogue backslashes and fix them, this can be time consuming depending on the game.

elyas

Reputation score
Hey I tried using this tool overnight and it worked perfectly except for towards the end it apparently was used too much and i got a long failure message with "Service invoked too many times for one day" in it. Is it possible to close the translator and open it up where it stopped working tomorrow or something?
Also since I have my own 300 dollar free trial google API is it possible to swap out the free one for my own key so I don't have the limit. And how would I go about doing this?

Last edited:
OP
P

prao179

Reputation score
Does anyone know how to fix this ?? I don't know what I did wrong here.
You can skip translate Script file by change $SkipScript to true in code.
Send me all your txt in patch_backup folder. I could update in next version.
Hey I tried using this tool overnight and it worked perfectly except for towards the end it apparently was used too much and i got a long failure message with "Service invoked too many times for one day" in it. Is it possible to close the translator and open it up where it stopped working tomorrow or something?
Also since I have my own 300 dollar free trial google API is it possible to swap out the free one for my own key so I don't have the limit. And how would I go about doing this?
Download attached file. Open by notepad++. Place your API in $YOUR_API_KEY. Save it. Run.
If it have some error about API. Please send me your API key. It would be easier to fix if i have a real key.

Last edited:
OP
P

prao179

Reputation score
Sorry, but I have absolutely no clue what an API is and how to change it.
I have a tutorial video link in first post. Come to see it.
Btw, compress and send me your game_patch. Maybe it's a bug, i would fix it in next version.