What's new

RPG RPG Maker Vore Loli Shota [Toro Toro Resistance] もんむす・くえすと! ぱらどっくすRPG中章 / Monster Girl Quest: Paradox (RJ201109)

rllog

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Monster Girl Quest: Paradox

heh, from what I'm experiencing now, the story line, the amount of 'holy shit!' of part one entirely surpasses the whole trilogy
well, that is of course that you have to play the original first to have this kind of feeling
Well, I do find that quite difficult to believe. And there's a great reason for that - no one expected MGQ part 2 to have such a well executed twist (especially after rather tame part one), making it all the better. Of course in a well established universe like this there is a lot of room to grow, but the mind-fuckery part will never be as mind-fuckery anymore if you can expect something to happen :) I mean, that's just my opinion based on some other franchises, so it might be completely inaccurate.

I guess after a bit of thought there are exceptions to this rule? Phoenix Wright series being prime example probably, even though you expect it to go over the top - it still manages to surprise you. Most visual novels usually do better as one-time wonders though (looking at you, Steins;Gate 0).

Still, it's very good to hear. MGQ is my favourite ero-oriented game, with quite amazing storytelling. Makes waiting for full translations that bit more painful though'.

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Still, it's very good to hear. MGQ is my favourite ero-oriented game, with quite amazing storytelling. Makes waiting for full translations that bit more painful though'.
Yeah, I always think to myself "man I wish the translation would come faster", and I realized that if I just started learning Japanese back when I had that thought during the original trilogy, I wouldn't need to wait for a translation during this new trilogy now.

whitecode

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Well, I do find that quite difficult to believe. And there's a great reason for that - no one expected MGQ part 2 to have such a well executed twist (especially after rather tame part one), making it all the better. Of course in a well established universe like this there is a lot of room to grow, but the mind-fuckery part will never be as mind-fuckery anymore if you can expect something to happen :) I mean, that's just my opinion based on some other franchises, so it might be completely inaccurate.
What do you mean by original part 2 end to be 'no one expected'? I mean you can pretty much expect the whole 'I'mma gonna fight the goddess with my MG queen waifu' from the beginning, especially with such a shitty personality goddess

While this paradox part 1
throws the whole 'you know what, Fxxk you, the multiverse is gonna collapse and there is nothing you can do about it' in your face while you have to deal with first world problems such as calming nations.
All in the while of the most powerful beings from the great angel vs MG war are coming back to life, as well as introducing new characters out of nowhere or.... well somewhere

redx

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Honestly i was guessing it was going to end like.

Alice- Save the world, defeat the angels.
Ilias- Save the world, reinstall ilias as god. destroy the monster girls.

i'm talking about Paradox not the first one.

Last edited:

imercenary

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

...Are we talking about the same game? Cause the entire MGQ series, from very beginning was about the debunking (and later inverting) the concept of "angels = good, monster(girls) = evil".

As for MGQ:paradox, I just hope there aren't multiple endings based on the Ilias/Alice choice in the beginning. The game is just too damned long and repetitive for that kind of replay.

rllog

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Okay guys, guess you have way higher expectations from a erotic game than I had, because mine were pretty much non-existent - even approaching the end of part two. And duh, of course you can say the whole trilogy was about "yea, bad angels good monsters!" after playing part 3, but there is absolutely zero hints of that happening through the whole part 1 of the game, and till the very end of part 2 where we finally find out how Illias is psychotic bitch launching full fledged assault from heaven.

Really makes me wonder if we played the same game, you tell me.

Last edited:

redx

Reputation score

i knew ilias was evil when she kills you if you don't answer her. it was real easy to figure out she was the main bad guy.

rllog

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Huh, pretty cool. Didn't know she did that.
I guess that is a major hint, but I missed it :)

whitecode

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Honestly i was guessing it was going to end like.

Alice- Save the world, defeat the angels.
Ilias- Save the world, reinstall ilias as god. destroy the monster girls.

i'm talking about Paradox not the first one.
What are you talking about? you mean the first one right?
Because paradox is all about chaos and fixing apoptosis

Tesseract

Reputation score

You can pretty much distill any plot line down to a couple of sentences to simplify it and make it sound bad. E.G. "x bad, y good. oh no! twist! y bad, x good!" The main differences between MGQ and your run-of-the-mill VN/RPGs are:
1. Good writing/good translation
3. Game length & content variety

redx

Reputation score

What are you talking about? you mean the first one right?
Because paradox is all about chaos and fixing apoptosis
yeah i'm figuring after that gets fixed its going to go into a route depending on who we chose as our companion.

Briger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I wonder if the succubus girls who were humans who transform into succubi will get multiple racial options :) ... now to pass the time while we wait.

MGQ Trivia Time!

Welcome back, I'm your host Birger Moor and this is Trivia Time! As our previous contestants leave the stage allow me to take a moment and thank them for being such good sports in the face of Deadkaiser329's cheating. We've prepared a bonus for you backstage. And now let's welcome a new round of contestants to the stage!

imercenary

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Okay guys, guess you have way higher expectations from a erotic game than I had, because mine were pretty much non-existent - even approaching the end of part two. And duh, of course you can say the whole trilogy was about "yea, bad angels good monsters!" after playing part 3, but there is absolutely zero hints of that happening through the whole part 1 of the game, and till the very end of part 2 where we finally find out how Illias is psychotic bitch launching full fledged assault from heaven.

Really makes me wonder if we played the same game, you tell me.
Sounds like we didn't.

Alice was dropping hints the whole time and, as redx points out, there was a huge (albeit missable) hint from Illas at the very beginning. The game even throws it in your face when you get to the desert kingdom and learn that the royal family has monster blood in their lineage. And thats just part 1.

rllog

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I think it's kind of obvious that Alice being the monster lord and all was not very fond of Illias. Do you overanalyze all erotic games like that?

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I think it's kind of obvious that Alice being the monster lord and all was not very fond of Illias. Do you overanalyze all erotic games like that?
uhhh we are gonna bash game narration/history just for being erogames now ? how about the ones are pure based on that like TiTs (bad example i know) ?

rllog

Demon Girl
Reputation score

That's not what I meant at all. In fact, MGQ is a perfect example of good story wrapped in erotic game, with a clever twist and overall great storytelling. But it's a really unlikely exception - that's my point.

And well, imercenary seems to differ. I really wonder what games he considers to have good story.

whitecode

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

That's not what I meant at all. In fact, MGQ is a perfect example of good story wrapped in erotic game, with a clever twist and overall great storytelling. But it's a really unlikely exception - that's my point.

And well, imercenary seems to differ. I really wonder what games he considers to have good story.
You don't play video games a lot in general do you?
MGQ does have some of the best storytelling and light jokes for a H-game but its plot is nowhere to be hard to guess, other than some position arrangement of final boss being as prommy, black alice or the goddess

And if you haven't seen a H-game that's goofy-ass but epic as hell in the same time, go try rance series

rllog

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I do play plenty of video games, no need to look for clues of me being oblivious as to how second part would end, because the reason is simple - I was completely expecting it to be just lighthearted, comedic game and did not really pay attention to anything serious happening till the game made me pay attention by shifting its tone completely. That's it, seriously. That's what made the twist work, that's what made its storytelling extraordinary - and, by extension - the story itself. Well, looks like you didn't feel that way, sorry for making wrong assumption at the beginning saying "no one expected it". Further discussion seems pointless.

Rance is noted, will check it out - sounds promising.

Deathwings

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I pegged Illias as the final bad guy something like 2minutes in, back when Part 1 first came out. It really wasn't a twist at all.

I mean, she kills you if you ignore her, Corrupt Churches are staple of Japanese game, the fact that she is obviously actively preventing any sort of diplomatic resolution to the conflict, the verbal abuse when she gives her evaluations and finally the open sadism in her footjob scene are all pretty good indicators.

lavos

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I think it was pretty straightforward even without including the things you could miss but at the same time if you went at it expecting the usual from games then I can see how it having an actual interesting story would be a surprise.