What's new

RPG RPG Maker Vore Loli Shota [Toro Toro Resistance] もんむす・くえすと! ぱらどっくすRPG中章 / Monster Girl Quest: Paradox (RJ201109)

Reputation score
Ironically, since I've been learning Japanese for a couple of years specifically to play this, the translation is one thing I'm not worried about. If only I had a trustworthy source for the demo...

Triplebrc

Reputation score
There are quite a few CGs in the demo, a surprising number of good ones too, more actual intercourse scenes than average for the series, hell there is even a good amount that includes restraints, be it with tools or tails, something I often miss in CGs. Since Exhentai is not accessible to quite a few people it seems, myself included, the CGs can be seen at Hitomi, easy to find with the search bar just like the demo was on F95.

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
According to F95, content's rather packed for a demo. Contains both parts 1 and 2 plus the lead up to the Big Decision. Unfortunately, TTR did it again with stressing VX Ace beyond its breaking point, as it seems according to other places, ytinasni's RPGmakerVXAce Translator (0.10c being the latest version to my knowledge) no longer works. Made translation and editing a breeze considering how cumbersome the VX Ace interface is. We may be in for a hell of a wait. Still, what's important is that we have a bit of part 3. Godspeed to TTR (and a translation).
Someone on MTool discord said about 50MB worth of text.

Darkstar816

Reputation score
Personally, I am hoping that we someday have an AI tool that converts older RPG Maker games into the latest engine. As it is, the Paradox Trilogy is going to make my computer smell like a roast pig.

goldendark

Demon Girl
Reputation score
you can already convert rpg maker vx ace to mv there a video on how to do that using a script on ace playtest the game which will activate the script that will turn the data into mv ones and make a new folder then you make a new game with mv put the data there copy over the audio and the worst part would be to scale the character tiles sets faces and what ever else to mv sizes oh and find all the scrips paradox uses in ace and find the mv ver of them if they exist i wouldn't know how to make them for mv, after that you have monster girl quest paradox in mv

JakeMSG

Reputation score
Ironically, since I've been learning Japanese for a couple of years specifically to play this, the translation is one thing I'm not worried about. If only I had a trustworthy source for the demo...
Sigma grindset right 'ere

you can already convert rpg maker vx ace to mv there a video on how to do that using a script on ace playtest the game which will activate the script that will turn the data into mv ones and make a new folder then you make a new game with mv put the data there copy over the audio and the worst part would be to scale the character tiles sets faces and what ever else to mv sizes oh and find all the scrips paradox uses in ace and find the mv ver of them if they exist i wouldn't know how to make them for mv, after that you have monster girl quest paradox in mv
This is really something more for the Devs of the actual game than random fans. I wouldn't be caught really trying this on your average Indie-dev VX Ace game, let alone one of, if not the biggest, RPG Maker VX Ace game I've ever seen, with actual Post-game Randomly-generated (via script ofc) content and the likes.
Just for an impression (and to make the Mods for the game that I upped on my blog), I opened the game in the Editor, and fucking god damn this shit trucks slow, and I've got a decent gaming rig too at that (clearly not something to have VX Ace editor cry out of all things).

The sheer size of the game would make the conversion method insanely lengthy, even if we were to assume easy parity between Scripts and Data (since you'd still have to upscale the visual assets, and just those files are the very bulk of the size of the game), but not only that, there actually ISN'T perfect parity between VX Ace and MV Scripts. Not only did they change the programming language between them (went from Ruby to Javascript), but they also changed their game libraries, meaning that even if you were to use a converter online between the programming languages, you'd still have to ALSO replace all the instances of method/object/variable calls that are changed between game libraries, and then STILL test all of it out, as even if it sounds clear-cut on paper, in practice you'd still get at least a decent number of bugs PER script.

In short, by the time somebody would succeed in converting the current Demo only to MV, the Translation for all 3 Parts would already be out, and very likely the MGQ2 would also be well underway in its development, if not already released.
Unless, of course, you assemble a team for this conversion, that could cut down on time somewhat.... But it would have to be a very competent team, and patient one at that.

That conversion would also require its own translation, so even if somebody were to want to try this out, best bet is to wait until the Translation for all 3 Parts is fully finished, and convert the Translated game instead.

Aesthetic

Reputation score
The most annoying part about all of this is that MV was released when Paradox was in development.

Most of their issues are also resolved in MV.
The biggest issue Torotoro faces with developing Paradox in VX Ace is Memory concerns.

VX Ace is a 32bit program. It has a hard limit of 2GB of RAM when it comes to borrowing memory.
64bit programs have no limit. Well they technically do, it's just so high that it's ludicrous to think about.

But they decided to use VX Ace instead of the new at the time MV, and now we're here years later.

Reputation score
The most annoying part about all of this is that MV was released when Paradox was in development.

The biggest issue Torotoro faces with developing Paradox in VX Ace is Memory concerns.

VX Ace is a 32bit program. It has a hard limit of 2GB of RAM when it comes to borrowing memory.
64bit programs have no limit. Well they technically do, it's just so high that it's ludicrous to think about.

But they decided to use VX Ace instead of the new at the time MV, and now we're here years later.
My current, rather-old laptop has trouble running Paradox Part 2 or (at times) games made in MV or MZ. If Torotoro can't tidy up Part 3 eventually, I may have to buy a new computer just to play it.

SoulLess Child

Reputation score

From what I heard and read, many in Japan still have 32bit computers and OS, so switching to the 64bit version of MV/MZ could hurt sales.

Aesthetic

Reputation score
From what I heard and read, many in Japan still have 32bit computers and OS, so switching to the 64bit version of MV/MZ could hurt sales.
The program you use to develop doesn't have a direct bearing on the final application.

MV uses a node version release that's 32bit.
You can upgrade it to 64bit tho.

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
The program you use to develop doesn't have a direct bearing on the final application.

MV uses a node version release that's 32bit.
You can upgrade it to 64bit tho.
I'm aware of that, but my point is that a good deal of the Japanese player-base might not be able to play a 64bit version, and if they can not play it, they probably won't buy it.
and even 64bit MV/MZ need to go through certain hoops for text heavy games.

Aesthetic

Reputation score
I'm aware of that, but my point is that a good deal of the Japanese player-base might not be able to play a 64bit version, and if they can not play it, they probably won't buy it.
and even 64bit MV/MZ need to go through certain hoops for text heavy games.
What the developer uses to build their game and what the players see are different is what I'm saying tho...

Devs should be using the 64bit version because of the higher memory allocation and faster look up times.

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
What the developer uses to build their game and what the players see are different is what I'm saying tho...

Devs should be using the 64bit version because of the higher memory allocation and faster look up times.
32bit stuff can be played on 64bit machines and OS, but 64bit things can not be played on 32bit machines and OS. dev could use 64bit software to develop then downgrade, but it would lose the point of using said 64bit software in the first place, but they could include both 32bit and 64bit launchers.

My point there was that RPG Maker engines are natively bad with text heavy games, even 64bit MV/MZ need some plugins to help with that.

JakeMSG

Reputation score
My current, rather-old laptop has trouble running Paradox Part 2 or (at times) games made in MV or MZ. If Torotoro can't tidy up Part 3 eventually, I may have to buy a new computer just to play it.
Honestly at that point it's not even a computer issue, it's a software issue, especially with VX Ace having a hard-cap as a 32-bit application. Not even NASA computers can make that game run better, unless you find a way to break that limit through 3rd party software (and for how stable that could be).A
We'll have to see, currently I'd be curious to take their Part 3 Demo for a spin to see how well it behaves (which is but foreplay for the fuckery that the entire Part 3 will bring to the bed).

32bit stuff can be played on 64bit machines and OS, but 64bit things can not be played on 32bit machines and OS. dev could use 64bit software to develop then downgrade, but it would lose the point of using said 64bit software in the first place, but they could include both 32bit and 64bit launchers.

My point there was that RPG Maker engines are natively bad with text heavy games, even 64bit MV/MZ need some plugins to help with that.
This could be a point, however most of the games on DLsite nowadays have switched to at least MV, plenty to MZ, and Torotoro themselves at least have a know-how of newer tech, after all they do also have that Tower Defense mobile-gatcha game too now.
I do think it would be fine for them to have Paradox on MV from a sales perspective, by this point it's common to at least expect most of your current customers to be able to run 64-bit programs, without going into detail about pc specs (pretty sure even an 8gb RAM would be able to run the full Paradox if it were able to use more than hard-capped 2gb RAM).

There might be certain optimizations needed in certain, bigger, games, but there's an insane difference between MV and VX Ace when it comes to that. Just as a minor test, try to open, in VX Ace editor, Paradox, see how hard it lags, and then find the bigges MV game you can think off (possibly something from Steam), and open it in its own editor. Not even close to that amount of lag (although on some databases with more entries, you might have a bit of an initial loading time).

Reputation score
This could be a point, however most of the games on DLsite nowadays have switched to at least MV, plenty to MZ, and Torotoro themselves at least have a know-how of newer tech, after all they do also have that Tower Defense mobile-gatcha game too now.
The tower defense game is made by someone else, Torotoro just collaborated with them by letting them use MGQ characters.

Reputation score
I've done a couple of the endings now. This demo has definitely reignited my interest for Part 3.

1702202506239.png
Yep, those are three choices there. But the last one, looking for a third path, leads to a bittersweet ending...