What's new

ACT [ touhou-marupon-dou] 当方丸宝堂 Damned, Kill me!! / Damned, Kill me!!〜くっ、殺せ! オークと女騎士の物語〜 RE164325 RJ164325

Omletteparty

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [当方丸宝堂]Damned, Kill me!!〜くっ、殺せ! オークと女騎士の物語〜

Has anyone found a solution to the missing picture problem?

The game is crashing whenever it tries to load the character expression pictures that go along with the dialog boxes.

It is trying to pull up a file under bmp/picture/Message/Fatima. It says it cannot find a picture called Fatima followed by 4 japanese characters. When I went to find the picture I noticed that nothing is saved as japanese characters, it is saved with different input icons such as ârâLâj0204.

I tried switching my computer to be japanese as the primary language and installed everything to do with japanese under the language and regions settings in windows 10. After that I reinstalled the game and it still does not have any files with japanese characters.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Or am I way off base on what is causing this issue in the first place?

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Has anyone found a solution to the missing picture problem?

The game is crashing whenever it tries to load the character expression pictures that go along with the dialog boxes.

It is trying to pull up a file under bmp/picture/Message/Fatima. It says it cannot find a picture called Fatima followed by 4 japanese characters. When I went to find the picture I noticed that nothing is saved as japanese characters, it is saved with different input icons such as ârâLâj0204.

I tried switching my computer to be japanese as the primary language and installed everything to do with japanese under the language and regions settings in windows 10. After that I reinstalled the game and it still does not have any files with japanese characters.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Or am I way off base on what is causing this issue in the first place?
Can you post a screenshot of the error? Also a screenshot of the bmp/picture/Message/Fatima ?

It should look like that (locale set to japanese):

And not that:

Mr.Pervy

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

okay....so theoretically lets say I don't know how to take screenshots. how would I go about theoretically learning how to take them?....theoretically. i have already theoretically looked online but it's not helping my theoretic case.

OP
lazycat

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

okay....so theoretically lets say I don't know how to take screenshots. how would I go about theoretically learning how to take them?....theoretically. i have already theoretically looked online but it's not helping my theoretic case.
The most primitive option is to just hit Print Screen key, open up Paint and Ctrl+V, then cut it down to the part you want if you don't want to show everything.

Mr.Pervy

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

okay....so this. hopefully i did this right.

Attachments

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

okay....so this. hopefully i did this right.
Same thing as for Omletteparty, we need to see the content of the folder bmp/picture/Message/Fatima. Can you post a second screenshot of that?

Omletteparty

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Here is a screenshot of the folder. I noticed you were able to post a screenshot of the files named the same as mine, but you also posted with the files named properly with the japanese characters. Are you using Windows 10? If so, how are you switching between the names like that?

I am using a locale emulator in order to run Japanese games in windows 10.

Attachments

Mr.Pervy

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

his is the same as mine.

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Here is a screenshot of the folder. I noticed you were able to post a screenshot of the files named the same as mine, but you also posted with the files named properly with the japanese characters. Are you using Windows 10? If so, how are you switching between the names like that?

I am using a locale emulator in order to run Japanese games in windows 10.
his is the same as mine.
I use Windows 7, I just change locales.
OK, then please change all your system locales to japanese before unzipping your game files.

Refer to that post for windows 10:

Omletteparty

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The game is now able to load the message pictures and I doubt there will be any more problems.

-1 points for locale emulators.

Thanks for confirming the issue and providing a solution Manamana. You the man.

Mr.Pervy

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

thank you so much dude. now i just have two more questions. the first one is how do you save in this game? the second is how do you use a save?

Mr.Pervy

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I know this will get me some flak but please. i would like some help with the save file.

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

thank you so much dude. now i just have two more questions. the first one is how do you save in this game?
You save in the map by using the first option when clicking X:

You'll be in the map after the first level.

the second is how do you use a save?
What?

Mr.Pervy

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

You save in the map by using the first option when clicking X:

You'll be in the map after the first level.

What?
for some reason i cant use save files. they dont work for me.

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

Is the folder marked as read only?

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

WAIT! figured it out....orry bout that guys.
You should explain so that others having the same problem will have your solution ;)

Mr.Pervy

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

VERY WELL MY GOOD SIR! so there is a folder marked user data. inside of user data there is a story file....put all of the saves inside of that folder and VIOLA! you have yourself a nice save!

Menauer

Reputation score

Trying to play this game but it just doesn't start. The executable runs and gets closed silently. I'm on Windows 7.
I have locale set to Japanese and tried running as adming.
Maybe a Windows update made the game incompatible?

Kuroneko.

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I can't seem to get the game to work. when I press start. Half of the map appears and then it suddenly turns black... :confused: