What's new

Trapped in the Underdark ~ Out of Character discussion

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score
Re: Trapped in the Underdark ~ Out of Character discussion

But Monk is the most item dependent class in the game? Pick Wizard if it doesn't matter so much :p

Meanwhile I;m interested but trying to find a not third party thing to be interested in. Keep getting distracted by Taninim. This thing.

That said it;s fine if not, I'll just keep fussing til something sticks in my mind.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Theres also Garuda blood, but anyway. Looks goods!

Snuggleslime, are you sure you want to start without any gear, you are massively weakening yourself compared to others. At least pick a monk so it doesn't matter as much.
I don't want to imbalance myself at all. But this process is the part I really... really don't like.

I place my humble bow - ranger in the GM's hands. Bless her with whatever gear you like.

My thinking was that as slaves, we wouldn't be allowed to handle gear beyond a slave collar and whatever our Mistress wants us to wear, hold, or shove up an orifice.

(PS: If you don't want to take on the gear request, then yeah, I will play a monk so that this doesn't get too out of control. But I can't spend all day looking at the PF book or my mind will rot.)

Last edited:
OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

But Monk is the most item dependent class in the game? Pick Wizard if it doesn't matter so much :p

Meanwhile I;m interested but trying to find a not third party thing to be interested in. Keep getting distracted by Taninim. This thing.

That said it;s fine if not, I'll just keep fussing til something sticks in my mind.
Grab a deep gnome monk, dumpstat everything but wis, dex and enough to grab combat expertise, stand in the way, done. :p

Well, if you can make a dragon sexy I'm willing to listen. How about you give me a pic of how you'd imagine himherit looking to give me a better idea?

I'll stick something in your mind alright *wiggles tentacles*

I don't want to imbalance myself at all. But this process is the part I really... really don't like.

I place my humble bow - ranger in the GM's hands. Bless her with whatever gear you like.

My thinking was that as slaves, we wouldn't be allowed to handle gear beyond a slave collar and whatever our Mistress wants us to wear, hold, or shove up an orifice.
Alright, disclosure for a moment: I intend to use the gear to modify balance. Example. Mindflayer has an Aasimar, thats a race thats a bit tougher than normal. I can easily fix that by taking away some gear, with the whole 'Slave stick'. I'd rather not do it, depending on group balance, but I could.

My goal here is, to be clear, to keep the party balanced among one another, trust me, I can handle a group of lvl 20's, and if you want mythic levels I dun give a F* I'll just drop Hentai Father Llymic or Pandorym on yo' asses and go to town, I've run campaigns with deities..

But what matters is that none feel left behind, or way too powerful.

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Honestly I feel Lena is a tiny bit underpowered, but I'm not against that, and I figure that her drow (most likely starting) mistress, would see her value and let her have some of her gear with which to make herself useful. As both a guard or something for her, and a weapon maker, etc....

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

If that's the case, then if the drow/whomever our mistress is going to be intends to use us as footsoldiers then you could have them donate appropriately balanced gear to my character.

Would be kind've kinky if they forced my high elf to wear revealing drow armor anyway.

I just come from a perspective that a GM can give as much as take away. And part of the slavery deal to me was that we only get to have what our masters say we have. And eventually maybe we escape with whatever we can grab - at which point you could say my character gains appropriately balanced stuff as compared to the aasimar or dragon or lich... holy templates batman! Does no one appreciate simplicity anymore?

;)

Zilrax

Reputation score

Technically I'm not a template, Blue-slime. And well, played the game long enough to have kinda done most the basic stuff four times over. My other idea was a rock throwing multiclassed monstrosity.

Sexy huh. Well let's see what I can do for you, Pervy.

Last edited:

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Elves will always be sexy.

Okay updated the character. I'm exhausted. No more chargen for me today.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I just come from a perspective that a GM can give as much as take away. And part of the slavery deal to me was that we only get to have what our masters say we have. And eventually maybe we escape with whatever we can grab - at which point you could say my character gains appropriately balanced stuff as compared to the aasimar or dragon or lich... holy templates batman! Does no one appreciate simplicity anymore?

;)
Oh I can take away a lot more than I can give, muaahaha.

Truth be told, first time I ran this I started it out as a 'escape the prison!' and I didn't tell folks that this was just a show for the auctioneers.. until it turned out they loved the auction enough to make it a main focus without a prior escape struggle at all.

Theres enough campaigns that offer simplicity, I want to do a bit more.

Technically I'm not a template, Blue-slime. And well, played the game long enough to have kinda done most the basic stuff four times over. My other idea was a rock throwing multiclassed monstrosity.

Sexy huh. Well let's see what I can do for you, Pervy.
Hmnn No. This is not a monstrous campaign, well it will definitly have some, but the pcs shouldn't start out monstrous. What you post there is more of an end result or Auctioneer rather than a starting point, wheres the fun in already being corrupted, or at least, already being monstrous. This is a bit too extreme.

Anyway.

Lenalai:
Languages: Where does she get the second bonus language from with int 12? You get 1 per int mod.
Backround: You describe her as 'young sprite'. A sprite is a fey subset, but shes listed as elf.
I want to note that every second elven backround I get seemed to have gotten raided by orcs. damn orcs. *chuckles* Alright, gotta stop you there. If shes sent out into the mortal world from a fey realm and a sprite she is NOT an elf. Also, Fey don't usually get raided by orcs, they are too tricky and seclusive. this seems like two backrounds kind of collided.
Elves are mortals just like everyone else. Clarify what kinda character race you are going for here please.

Last edited:

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

I think that Zil meant a monstrosity in the metaphorical sense. In other words, a multiclassed char that makes throwing rocks a ridiculously deadly fighting style.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I think that Zil meant a monstrosity in the metaphorical sense. In other words, a multiclassed char that makes throwing rocks a ridiculously deadly fighting style.
Noot sure going by the very.. dragonish dragon pics. (And you need lvl 12 to make throwing stuff really viable)

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lenalai:
Languages: Where does she get the second bonus language from with int 12? You get 1 per int mod.
Backround: You describe her as 'young sprite'. A sprite is a fey subset, but shes listed as elf.
I want to note that every second elven backround I get seemed to have gotten raided by orcs. damn orcs. *chuckles* Alright, gotta stop you there. If shes sent out into the mortal world from a fey realm and a sprite she is NOT an elf. Also, Fey don't usually get raided by orcs, they are too tricky and seclusive. this seems like two backrounds kind of collided.
Elves are mortals just like everyone else. Clarify what kinda character race you are going for here please.
Hrmm, thought she had 14 Int. My bad. Well then take away Draconic.

The young sprite comment wasn't meant to be taken literally. Think of what Dain said to Thranduil when insulting him in the Battle of the Five Armies movie.

Anyways. She IS a high elf who grew up among wood elves in a place called the Bright Wood. The Bright Wood is meant to have a strong connection to the Fey Realm.

As far as I know from DnD lore (admittedly I know nothing of any PF changes) elves have fey ancestry and some of them, like the Eladrin, still live among the fey courts. If this is not the case, then I will simply have her be attached to an elven conclave.

And if the Orcs are too generic (I was trying to simulate the typical level 1-7 adventurer rise) I can have her favored enemy from way back when be the drow.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

elves have fey ancestry and some of them, like the Eladrin, still live among the fey courts. If this is not the case, then I will simply have her be attached to an elven conclave.
Ooh boy we have some 4th edition dirt to clean up. To be fair, pathfinder doesn't address the origin of elves, but I'll simply use lore as established in 3.0 and 3.5 here.

Elves were created by Corellon Larethian, this guy:

They are not at all related to Fey, which are inhabitants of an alternate 'echo' of the prime material, where the good echo is the Feywild, the 'Bad' Echo the Shadowfell. If they were, for example, cold iron would hurt them and they'd have confusion magic on them somewhere.

Some of the Fey just like to hang out on the prime material plane, for example Dryads that bind themselfs to trees, others are more distant. To be clear, its not impossible to have a fey touched elf, infact, a nymph or dryad union is far more likely between elf than for example a dwarf.

Now to my personal pet peeve, Eladrin. Eladrin are Chaotic Good outsiders, you know how hell has Devils and the Abyss has demons? Heaven has Archons and Arvandor has Eladrin. 4th edition rebranded them in a very short sighted effort to turn 9 alignments into 3. Elves tend towards Chaotic Good and thus, in their afterlive, often become Eladrins, leading to Eladrin often looking like elves, but they are far from the same. If an Eladrin were to mate with an elf they'd actually make an elvish half-celestial, infact, Mindflayers character could have Eladrin ancestry.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Ooh boy we have some 4th edition dirt to clean up. To be fair, pathfinder doesn't address the origin of elves, but I'll simply use lore as established in 3.0 and 3.5 here.

Elves were created by Corellon Larethian, this guy:

They are not at all related to Fey, which are inhabitants of an alternate 'echo' of the prime material, where the good echo is the Feywild, the 'Bad' Echo the Shadowfell. If they were, for example, cold iron would hurt them and they'd have confusion magic on them somewhere.

Some of the Fey just like to hang out on the prime material plane, for example Dryads that bind themselfs to trees, others are more distant. To be clear, its not impossible to have a fey touched elf, infact, a nymph or dryad union is far more likely between elf than for example a dwarf.

Now to my personal pet peeve, Eladrin. Eladrin are Chaotic Good outsiders, you know how hell has Devils and the Abyss has demons? Heaven has Archons and Arvandor has Eladrin. 4th edition rebranded them in a very short sighted effort to turn 9 alignments into 3. Elves tend towards Chaotic Good and thus, in their afterlive, often become Eladrins, leading to Eladrin often looking like elves, but they are far from the same. If an Eladrin were to mate with an elf they'd actually make an elvish half-celestial, infact, Mindflayers character could have Eladrin ancestry.
Actually Pathfinder elves are from another planet, and Feywild and Shadowfell are both 4e concepts unrelated to 3.x...

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Actually Pathfinder elves are from another planet, and Feywild and Shadowfell are both 4e concepts unrelated to 3.x...
I never claimed they were, trying to explain things understandably, not 100% complete.

If you want to be precise Fairies come from 'The Plane of Fairies' and Arborea, but I think the Feywald/shadowfell idea is worth keeping from 5th.

And, no, Elves travel to other planets, they do not COME from another planet. The lack of clarity here is very likely due to trademarks for 3.5 things, so I substitute 3.5 lore were appropriate.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lily: Imagelink seems broken, try hosting it here or on imgur or so.
Backround: Becoming a Lich is not exactly something that blindsights you, you can't just stumble into it, not with that kinda int and wis. I do like the explanation of her powers, but you can't easily be tricked into lichefying yourself, even a sorceror would recognize what they are working with. You either have to come up with another approach, or lower one mental stat to a point where its believable she really was not realizing what was going on(something like 8 wis before lich transformation), to fit a ditzy narrative.

The skill points: Why is everyone splitting skillpoints off so massively on this website? *chuckles* Your skills are too high, recheck the numbers.

Whats her phylactery?

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Hmm. I put the sheet together with PCGen, so I didn't do the calculations myself. I'll fix the image and work on changing the background, take a look at skills while I am at it.

As for the phylactery, it's a sealed metal box that contains various reagents used in the ritual that formed into the container for her soul.

Edit: Which skills are too high?

Last edited:

Zilrax

Reputation score

Fair enough. Also, for the record, I can get rock throwing to deal 2d4+20 at level 7. The real problem is dealing with DR. But I'm gonna skip on that for the time being.

Guess I'll be messing with cleric then after all. Which means we probably need to decide on deities and such.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ah ok, nevermind they check out. You didn't list Lich skillpoint gain or that they get some as class skills, I knew the former but not the latter.

Well, its a naughty campaign and I said I'd be more open on things, so .. Lily is Approved!

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Thank you.

Zilrax

Reputation score

Made mine, see if it works.