Trapped in the Underdark ~ Out of Character discussion

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Trapped in the Underdark ~ Out of Character discussion

Well hey, if you do want to do any other threads, either 1 on 1, or anything, especially in that futa world, I'm in for that. I mean, just look at my title. :p

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Your experience will differ with others. I've had free form games that have run for years. It depends on the personalities at a given table.

What is one person's "customizability" is another's "bloat."

For instance, there is nothing that stops a creative DM from porting any concept from 3.5 to 5e, therefore unless you're the sort of person that needs an official splatbook, then it's all fine.

There are amazing indie games out there. D&D persists largely, I think, from being iconic and a concept that the old guard are already familiar with. There are people who would rather not bother learning a new system if they're already committed and knowledgeable with one already.

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

5e also needs a skill system that isn't completely arbitrary. I like being able to say, this is the dc for climbing a tree, so I can climb a tree. And I can see better from up there cus less cover and so forth. Never been a fan of having to hope the gm is generous. Course with how skills are set up, nobody is assured of being good at any skill at all. I find having arbitrary dcs leads to encouraging players to try less actions rather than try more things. Since you'll never know if you're about to have a gm decide they don't want you doing that so the dc hopped up by 5. Can still happen in 3.5 but at least you can tell something is up. Assurance players can do things encourages them to do these things.

Also, I'm not saying total lack of plot mind you. It depends a lot on the players as well. Some groups respond better to it than others. Adapting to which style they favor is pretty important too. But responding to what the players want to do can matter a lot. Course they've a responsibility to make chars fit to things a bit too.

Like in this case, knew we'd be starting as a slave and we're gonna probably end up corrupted a lot. I made a char who'd fight against it, initially, since otherwise it's not much corruption if we're already dry humping every single corrupting influence heh. Once it starts to break or is forced we'll see where it goes then. But it'd be lousy if I made a char who literally can't be and such. Or offs themselves soon as it seemed like they were succumbing :p.

But yeah, it goes both ways as I see it. I don't buy into the gm should have final say on every single thing, but I think players have a responsibility to try and play along a bit too. After all, idea is for everyone to have fun.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, I'll be honest. My dream is of course a game system that I can turn into a game game. Aka something with lots of gameovers and restarts. Slap it into coding, perhaps hook up with an artist, get a small hemhorrage while editing all the tiny mistakes out and voila, you got yourself a CYOA to throw at people, this way instead of writing for a small, dedicated group (luv you folks) I can write for thousands.

I agree that experiences will differ, but you have to agree tht its hard to find a persistant group online.

@Zilrax:
Skills - honestly, I rarely set DC's, thats more for big posts and its actually a trick to get people to continue the action quickly, people WANT to roll, I found out. ^^
I usually let you roll then go 'Eh, 13, thats ok I guess, you get a basic sucess' or 'geesh, 32, what is that guys mod? Oh ok, whatever, lets see.. you succed and then some!'

I don't like being static with DC's and I let my players do a lot. I fondly remember them failing like .. all their climb checks to get up a tree to harvest magic fruit XYZ, so they were like 'Fuck it, lets throw the halfling!' and I was like.. roll to attack, dex from the hin and for bludgeoning damage upon landing aand it worked. ^^

Also, I'm not saying total lack of plot mind you. It depends a lot on the players as well. Some groups respond better to it than others. Adapting to which style they favor is pretty important too. But responding to what the players want to do can matter a lot. Course they've a responsibility to make chars fit to things a bit too.
Yeah on that note, Dun make me poke Lorelai with an arousal stick, is that a vote withheld on whom to be auctioned to? :p
This and admittedly the earlier skill rolling is a matter of experience. I don't think many DM's abstain from guiding a group right because they just want to push their story through, its that they don't know any better. Don't you worry about that from me, I'm flexible. I must say these forums have a larger hunger for lewdities than I am used to, which is why I.. powered up a little there, but basically, well.. I don't want to go off on tangents, but as long as we are on the same 'lets have erotic fun being victims of lewd underdark creatures' page, you can pretty much do w/e. Oh, to be clear that current enforced lust increase is more to find the right dom for you lot, not a thing that'll stay.

But yeah, it goes both ways as I see it. I don't buy into the gm should have final say on every single thing, but I think players have a responsibility to try and play along a bit too. After all, idea is for everyone to have fun.
I'd say they do, but you seem to have made some not super fun experiences with DM's. I play the kind of characters that when an inn gets invaded, spits a tanglefoot bag at those coming up the stairs to aid her allies, drink a bouncing body potion, then jump out of the first story window with an obscene gesture at the attackers, check to bounce back up and show another obscene gesture if I make it all because its easier to throw bombs at the attackers that come in downstairs. (Was an alchemist. :p )

Last edited:

Zilrax

Reputation score

Yeah, Lorelai's not, well, you know, the type who'd want to be dominated heh. She's the type who'll need breaking probably. Kinda funny that they expect such easy breaks from adventurers. They're kinda notoriously difficult. Me, I'm pretty fine with any of the lot there. Though Ventus does make my character more effective overall and is probably the only one that won't make me have to redo my character sheet cus of the one step cleric rule. Lotta undead are usually LE :p. Mummies in particular and they're sorta the cleric version of lich to boot. Ultimately I'm happy with anyone though. Lorelai is happy with no one :p.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Mummygirl wants a hug!

All with moderation. I decided not to hit you with the most extreme stuff I an come up with at first, for some reason. :p

Zilrax

Reputation score

Oh certainly understand that. Just how it plays out is all. The bidders seem to want slutty sluts prebroken. But are buying freshly captured adventurers...? Seems like this would be more the place of those who would be thrilled by the challenge of breaking adventurers rather than looking for easy slaves is all. But either way heh.

Also,

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Each of the bidders has different personalities. Xirce certainly wants slutty, Ventus wants loyal, Moren wants puss puss...
This is just a way to make it into a good show and entice the bidders.

Zilrax

Reputation score

Well yeah, I got that. Just feels odd that one thing none want is hard to break. Seems like the point haha.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well yeah, I got that. Just feels odd that one thing none want is hard to break. Seems like the point haha.
Ventus likes pride but not defiance.

Oh, full disclosure, I like a lot of things but I'm not good with being cruel and mean to the fluffy slaves... we'll see how we get there.

Zilrax

Reputation score

That's fine. And yeah I figured as much. Seems like Lorelai is least desirable of the lot cus stubborn and willful heh.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Lily isn't exactly all that easy to break completely either, and can get rather difficult to deal with at times. She just happens to have some vulnerabilities. And I decided to go along with the spirit of the scene, because that's how we affect the outcome of the auction apparently.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, it beats just throwing whatever I feel like at you, am sure most would still enjoy mind you, but we first need an.. anchor character.

Zilrax

Reputation score

Thats what we need, an animated object master, created from an anchor :3

Naira

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Oh, full disclosure, I like a lot of things but I'm not good with being cruel and mean to the fluffy slaves... we'll see how we get there.
Is this my cue to test you?

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Is this my cue to test you?
No, this is your cue to respect my roleplay limits. I can and have tried literally anything else, I had two maso slaves flay each other bloody with glee infront of my dom, but I don't do sad.

Mindbreak is something else, because at first they get sad and then they get really, really into it, but I can't do cruelty and sex.

Naira

Demon Girl
Reputation score

No, this is your cue to respect my roleplay limits. I can and have tried literally anything else, I had two maso slaves flay each other bloody with glee infront of my dom, but I don't do sad.

Mindbreak is something else, because at first they get sad and then they get really, really into it, but I can't do cruelty and sex.
Oh, you mean not good as in not comfortable with it. I misread what you said. No argument there in that case.

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

I'm kinda the same way Pervy. Hard for me to do cruelty and sex together. I can do mindbreak and stuff like that easily enough, but certain things, like sad, is tougher for me, cos real life's sad enough already as it is.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Pretty much that yes. To be clear, I might do pretty nasty and dark things, but only to build a story, from a villain that needs to be overcome... and I'd propably actually warn ahead of things as well. I'm not telling more because spoiler territory, but lets just say that each of the potential buyers is what I plan for nice naughties. There is a total possibility for gameovers.. just that we'll keep going.

Zilrax

Reputation score

Pretty hard to bother me, personally. But yeah, can imagine. Course if these guys are all "nice" hate to see the real bad ones heh. Right now Lorelai is trying to pick out the one she considers the most... Reasonable and analytical.