What's new

[WIP - Full] [Tsukinomizu Project] Eclipse Knight Saga (RJ01130999)

OP
Arenara

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
The translation link doesn't work.
It may be the same issue that people were having on page 1. Try manually copying the link and pasting it on your search bar.

Sscdrake

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
This is my biggest hope for the improvement of AI, it might help smaller Japanese devs put out their game to more people faster. The quality isn't perfect right now but language is definitely one of the places it could be super useful in, and with translations being so arrogant and constantly adding in their own bias or pretending they have he right to inject their creative vision, they are a profession that really won't shed any tears for the loss of jobs, and if nothing else, normies will be able to squint extra harder at their work.

noyauestrane

Reputation score
This is my biggest hope for the improvement of AI, it might help smaller Japanese devs put out their game to more people faster. The quality isn't perfect right now but language is definitely one of the places it could be super useful in, and with translations being so arrogant and constantly adding in their own bias or pretending they have he right to inject their creative vision, they are a profession that really won't shed any tears for the loss of jobs, and if nothing else, normies will be able to squint extra harder at their work.
What are you yapping about.
First, I don't remember OP ever talking about using AI in their translation.
Second, translating isn't just copying text 1:1 to a new language, it's also adapting cultural or regional quirks from one script to another, meant for people who don't have those references. I'd much rather have a translation where there's western slang or whatever, than having a TL note every 5 lines because of some reference to a japanese TV show or actor.
A TL is as much of a work of art as the original script. If you don't like then just learn japanese. I wonder how you'll react when you see that the original also has their own "bias" or "creative vision" (I suppose that's your way of saying you don't like how TLs in mainstream media might reference current-world problems such as gender identity or racism, even when it might be present in the OG text).

Kynshin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Im more worried to references to the other Tsukinomizu games than "slang".
Dev does like to make a lot of references to his older works. Be it characters, areas or even random items.

Regardless glad to see Tsukinomizu games getting some love.
Thank you for your work .

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
That's the end of talk about general ai translation in this thread. Make a new thread for that if you must. Consider this an official warning.

Sscdrake

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Im more worried to references to the other Tsukinomizu games than "slang".
Dev does like to make a lot of references to his older works. Be it characters, areas or even random items.

Regardless glad to see Tsukinomizu games getting some love.
Thank you for your work .
They tend to be quite popular, or maybe that's just my perspective. This is their newest game and is the only not one not in english for obvious reasons. It's also a hefty boi so it'll take a while, but after into the nightmare did so well maybe Kagura will pick it up someday.

The real goats are still people like OP, most of the stories in these games are pretty bad so I'm usually fine with just having enough of a gist to understand what's going on. Though to be fair Tsukinomizu Project has made me laugh from time to time.

OP
Arenara

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
Today, I have finished Rinnyan's chapter (and the post-chapter events). I still need to translate Silvie's chapter before releasing the next partial, but that means I'm officially over halfway done with the chapters. Also, in terms of references to other games, there's no need to worry as I've played every single Tsukinomizu game and I'm quite interested in the connections between games and their shared world.

Now, for some more fun facts about the translation, this time about Eleanor's chapter, since I just talked about Sonia's chapter before. There are two points with text that's very easy to miss:

One of them is that after the event at camp where Eleanor unlocks her Ex-mode, you can go back to the first village and "talk" to the innkeeper for a short conversation between Eleanor and Kaya, which is notable for being (as far as I can remember) the only time characters are represented by portraits rather than busts in dialogue without a CG being on screen. The other is from when you can return to the city to recruit people, where the watchman who argued with Apple gets a new line of dialogue at that point despite not being one of the recruitables. It makes sense in retrospect, as he is the 'phantom eighth man' you get when you recruit everyone else, but still.

Last edited:
OP
Arenara

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
Done. The link on the first post has been changed to the new one.

OP
Arenara

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
I have just released version 0.3 of the patch. It's linked on the first post like always. Next partial will include the final character chapters, which is a relief. Honestly, I'm getting pretty sick of the character chapters. I mean, they're not bad, but they were made for the player to be able to get through all of them in a single playsession. They definitely weren't made for a player to spend months on them.

On to some fun facts. You should have seen the big increase in active messages in comparison to the previous version (I began to add numbers of active messages on the changelog to make that easier to see), this is in part because the restaurant in Rinnyan's chapter is now the map with the highest number of translated active messages, with 8, while the nudist beach in Silvie's chapter is second place with 7. No maps from the previous version had more than 3.

Also, Rinnyan's chapter has 4 required fights, but you're actually only required to win the last one. If you lose in one of the previous three, Rinnyan simply does something badass (like saying the enemies have no way to hurt her even with bladed weapons, then intimidating them into running away) and the story progresses normally. You don't even have to retry the fights. I usually dislike having to lose battles on purpose to check the text, but I didn't mind it for those ones. Also, on the third fight, besides the differences in dialogue right after the fight, there are also two separated lines further ahead in the following scene that are different if you "lost" the battle.

Well, that's all for now. Happy playing to you guys.