What's new

Unknown's Blank Page

OP
Unknown Squid

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score
Re: Unknown's Blank Page

Just a very minor update on my pic in progress. Thought I'd post a new silhouette (replaced old one, look above). Very nearly done. She now has her hat, and the Lævateinn has taken on it's correct fearsome shape. Didn't need cropping or what not anyway. Just the wings and final touches to go! Man have I spent too long on this thing... but it'll all be over soon...

I'll shut up now, before I over hype what's ultimately an amateur image drawn in paint. ^_^

But first some virtually unrelated Norse poetry! =D (No I didn't write this)

41. Svipdag spake:
"Now answer me, Fjolsvith, the question I ask,
For now the truth would I know:
What weapon can send Vithofnir to seek
The house of Hel below?"

42. Fjolsvith spake:
"Lævatein is there, that Lopt with runes
Once made by the doors of death;
In Lægjarn's chest by Sinmora lies it,
And nine locks fasten it firm."

Last edited:
OP
Unknown Squid

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

So I made something else. This one's a little different, related to my character Kars from the Dividing Line RP. It turned out more than I expected, and I thought I'd post it here too.

(Following copy pasted from the Dividing Line thread.)
So, I felt like doing a 10 minute doodle to vaguely illustrate the shape of Kars "Hell Strafer" craft. Booted up paint, did some loose scribbles, and before I knew it I couldn't stop adding stuff. So here it is, in a faux sci-fi computer display style. You can ignore the boxed sections, they don't contain anything actually relevant, just copypasta from something.

The general idea behind the image is that Kars is visiting a shipyard to have some retroactive blueprints created so that in the case of his beloved ship being destroyed he might just be able to partially rebuild it.

As for who Sergei Vostof is and why or how Kars has gained access to his shipyard account... you'll have to make your own conclusions...

OP
Unknown Squid

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Hah, finally. Did I take long enough to get this one finished? Without any excess nattering this time, I present my all ms-paint rendition of...

Flandre Scarlet - Hidden Sister of the Scarlet Devil

Locked away for over 500 years to keep her powers of unlimited destruction safely away from the world. She knows no hate. Only wants to play.

Also, since I'd got used to making them, here's a finalised silhouette version. And an odd half tone version for kicks. And yes, I did cheat by using Photoshop for the halftone effect, but I thought it looked nifty.

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Wow, ok, I know you're saying that you want to keep things simple and all, but having an artist like you drawing only in MS paint is almost blasphemy. (I was gonna say madness, but I know what the next post will be in that case.)

Could you like get something a little better, not neccesarily PS but something better than Paint...

'Cause your paint Pics are AWESOME and I can't help wondering what will happen if you draw in a better program.

OP
Unknown Squid

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Thanks much. ^_^

And >_>
Eheh, well you see, I do actually have a copy of Photoshop CS2. The thing is, every time I've tried using photoshop for something like these it goes horribly wrong. It's really weird. I will try something in photoshop again though. Can't say what or when. I've always wondered what it's like to use a tablet, though I can barely afford breakfast cereal let alone new gadgets. I think I'll post up some of my old works next time I'm online too.

Eh, battery warning... must go.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I dunno how much money have, but they sell tablets in Argos. One for £30-ish I think and another for £50-ish. I bought the £50 one last saturday.

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

I actually have a full size a4 tablet at my disposal, problem is, I don't have any good software for it. I have a program called Paint .net, but that sucks...

OP
Unknown Squid

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Ok, I recently had probably the most vibrant and 'real' feeling dream I've ever had. As in something seriously abnormal as far as the dreams I'm used to go. Bizarrely it stuck in my head as clearly as something I'd seen while awake. Still, to be tottaly certain I didn't lose it, I dedicated the day to recording everything I could, with both drawing and written word. I've given it the name, Bones. The images below are my attempts to illustrate it. These are the best of a whole mess of doodles I did. They honestly don't come close, but I want to share them still.

Nice to meet you...

This things breath was unbearably hot and sharp.

I see you...

The creatures eye was damned intense. Sees right through you and sucks your gaze in. Kept shifting like flames in ever changing colours. You know the eye of Sauron scenes from the Lord of the Rings films? Worse than that. Don't challenge it to a staring competition.

Bone bite...

This little bugger is actually the same thing as the above creature, only in a more discrete form.

Bone bite wallpaper...

A wall paper I made.

If your wondering about the quotes, those are straight from the dream too. I plan on writing it up as a short story so to reveal what these images are really about. Sleep is weird...

Last edited:
OP
Unknown Squid

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Nothing fancy to show today, but I thought I'd give my little animated characters a small shout out. The two seemingly distracted peeps down bellow in my sig there. Drew em in paint and animated the eyes in Photoshop. Ain't they fun?

I'd also like to say that I had the "Bones" story written up for you to read, but unfortunately I haven't actually written anything since I last posted. Got stuck in the middle. The one part of the dream that was just far too vague to put on paper. The beginning and end played out like being in a story, but the middle was all fleeting images and feelings. Not sure how to proceed.

Been having more weird dreams lately. Nothing as vivid or special as the bones dream, but plenty of weird things that I can't really place any source or inspiration on. Not sure how I'm thinking this stuff up. I'm actually having serious trouble waking up because of them. I'm genuinely getting trapped in morning dreams. I should probably work on not waking up so late everyday, but it almost seems a shame to cut out what has been a unexpected source of ideas. My life's a stagnant mess, but somehow I'm more content than ever just dreaming. >_>

Oops, this is starting to look like a blog. Very very lost. Might just draw or write something.

OP
Unknown Squid

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Oh no, double post!

I made a video thing. It's a music and pics kinda thing. First I've ever done like this. Was pretty tough. A little strange. Touhou. Flandre. Kinda creepy. Bit amateurish, but why not have a look ey? I do like the multi coloured lightning effect bit.

If you want a better description than this then read the vid description. =D

Making these vids for fast beats is a nightmare. If I do another I'm going to make sure it's a nice gentle slow one. x_x

OP
Unknown Squid

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Triple posting now. Oh well. I do these for the hell of it, not attention.

The "Vasser Princess", Grace Vasser. A character I created for the SBS RP. Chilling out on a lazy day in her dorm room. Don't call her princess to her face though, she'd probably like the ring of it and start issuing orders.

(Half size. Click the pic for full res)

This time for once, no MS Paint involved. Was inspired to draw this after hearing that "Headphones On" song on Rock Band II. A bit inconsistent in detail and quality I realise. Turned out that messy rooms are surprisingly hard to draw. Perspective is a bitch too. I probably should have paid better attention to focal point and all that too. But I moan too much about my art don't I...

Drawn with Photoshop, my £6 mouse, the Lunasa playlist, and half a dozen or so mugs of cheap hot chocolate to stop my fingers going numb in my sub zero flat.

=D ?

Last edited:

Wrath

Lurker
Reputation score

<_<
-notes small squid in the corner-

Either way, these are quite impressive!
The talent in this forum is rather inspiring ^ ^

Mirchie

The user previously known as Hero-in-the-Dark
Reputation score

<_<
-notes small squid in the corner-

Either way, these are quite impressive!
The talent in this forum is rather inspiring ^ ^
I noticed the Squid aswell, and it is good isn't it? There are a lot of good artists and writers on this forum, its great isn't it!
If only I was that good...

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, You know what I think of your skills, and im SHOOO VERY HAPPYYY, that you're using something better than paint. The detail here is astonishing!

U g37 m4h +

Wrath

Lurker
Reputation score

Either way, in paint or shop, these are really well done!

OP
Unknown Squid

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Wheee! That's all I needed.

The thing I wish, is that I could do these faster and more naturally. While I enjoy it, ten hours for a pic like this is a little much. Just about all my pics here, excluding the dream pics and the Kars ship thing, are done more with stubborn effort than skill. I've never been any good at anatomy, and don't know any of the design sketch techniques that most artists use. I just have a reasonable eye for when something doesn't look right, and tweek and redraw as best I can until it does. It's why you likely won't see me drawing something human in pencil.

I rather envy those who can sit down and naturally draw something in an hour or two without having to reference existing art to figure out what shape an expression should be. If I could match the speed and even half the quality of some of the people I've seen on DeviantArt, I don't think I'd ever stop drawing.

Wrath

Lurker
Reputation score

Ah, that would explain the odd linear perspective in your princess's room ^ ^

And raw determination with a dash of bad ass perseverance can get you a long way. We are in the same boat in that sense, you put more obvious time and effort into what you do ^ ^ which in turn allows it to come out to a rather well done piece.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

While I can just sit down and draw out a full pic in a couple of hours I find it boring as hell. Sure, I enjoy drawing, but slowly its starting to feel more like a chore than fun.

OP
Unknown Squid

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

I'm surprised I put such an amount of time in myself really. I tend to avoid difficult or long term activities in general. Not fully intentionally, but there's a lot of things I think about doing but never do because of some frankly insignificant reason I find to stop myself.

I only ever draw when I get the urge to. And that's not very often at all really. You can see pretty much all of my artistic efforts over the last year right here in this thread.

OP
Unknown Squid

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

A little bit of fun here that you might be able to help me with. I cut out the screen on the pic you see below, intending to replace it with a scrn shot of some random NSFW webpage. A demon girl scrn was one idea, maybe danbooru, or something crazy. However my 16:9 ratio scrn spoiled my fun a little since my scrn shots won't fit convincingly. I could just bung any old picture in, full screen style, but it's not very authentic. And of course there are other work arounds, but I can't be arsed. It'd be a shame to spend those three minutes cutting away the screen and not get a result.

So I'm making it a group activity. Assuming anyone cares to send me some scrn shots. Be creative.

Alternatively, here's the PSD if you want to do it yourself. Just slide your desired pic beneath the main layer and don't forget to share the results.