What's new

Unknown's Blank Page

OP
Unknown Squid

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score
Re: Unknown's Blank Page

Fix'd. (How did I fix an empty spoiler box and know which picture was meant to be there? Magic. ^_^)

Mmm, that'd do it. Though I think you missed the point. I was looking for screen shots of a web page, with stuff like that on, rather than just plain images. Just to make it look more authentic. I'll try out the pic anyway, but do you use a standard sized monitor? Any chance I can get that as a screen shot still? I was asking because anything I take on my wide screen laptop needs to be stretched to fit.

I fuss about silly things I know... >_>

Here it is plain. I just realised that if it was an image of an actual hentai episode, then it being full screen would still make sense.

And I tried a screen shot from my laptop anyway. I guess it works fine really. But still, would be better without stretch marks right? Slightly? Sue me, I'm a lazy perfectionist. That's a difficult kind of person to be.

Still happy to try more.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You just know if one is caught in that situation, they're always caught with the worst possible stuff.

As such, futa warning.

OP
Unknown Squid

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

I've had this idea to start writing occasional entries for a fictional book I have long had in my head. The journal of a character of mine, Flynn. This Flynn guy travels freely around the universe sight seeing and making notes on the things he finds in his journals. Each one an unassuming brown book, simply titled Flynn's Journal. Strangely he also occasionally produces a limited number of copies of each journal and leaves them on Earth. How many journals exist is unknown. As are Flynn's origins, or how he acquired his mysterious powers that facilitate his apparent ease of travel. The actual age of the journals is another query. Without any dates or time keeping included, many collectors have long struggled to figure out the order the journals were written in. Virtually unknown to the literary community Flynn's casual writings are typically shrugged off as vague works of fiction, but to a small few, they are an elusive treasure to be sought after. My other character Simon, is one such collector, having stumbled upon his first volume in the older sections of the Gossamer Falls boarding school, and since discovering one more during his accidental trip to Etheria. Simon having witnessed some of the same sights as Flynn, takes the writings as honest fact, and now considers them of massive value to his self education.

So yeah, that's the gist of it. And I thought, why not write some of it? The entries may or may not be titled, and will not use dates. The order of entries is also loose. If I write more than these first two, they will likely skip about between various subjects. But enough intro...

Flynn's Journal

The Dead Planet

I stumbled across an interesting place today. I came to an old world that struck me as strange. It rests in a unremarkable system, under the light of an ageing star. The atmosphere seems to have been largely blasted from the planet, and the radiation from the star rains down harshly on the sand and rock with little resistance. There is little apparent here of any interest to living things. Regardless something caught my attention. The world was totally devoid of life, not only on the surface, but deep down. There was not a single soul present on the planet, and even the earth itself was utterly bare of any presence. Even young moons and frozen comets can possess a spirit, yet a planet as long lived as this has nothing. It is the first time I have seen such a case. It's not uncommon to find astral bodies with faint or broken souls, but for there to be nothing at all, not even a trace of base spirit, is unique in my experience. It almost appears as if the planet is somehow ethereally isolated from the rest of the universe. Arriving here I find that everything outside of this thin red sky disappears from my mind. It was in fact quite worrying for a brief moment, which is not a feeling I have had the need to feel in some time now.

This world is indeed the most inhospitable place I have ever set foot on. But for very different reasons to so many other common place hostile bodies, such as those baked under unrelenting suns, cloaked in toxic fog, or even those drifting in the frozen void. This world will not sustain even the simplest amoeba, simply because no soul will form to birth it. Which makes me all the more curious as to the origins of the ruins I discovered scattered across the land. They must be several millennia in age, and are for the large part barely recognisable as ruins. Enormous mounds and pillars of solid stone, that to an orbital scan would only register as mountains, but on closer inspection are clearly not natural formations. Dozens of the strange structures in various states of weathering can be found across the planet. Was it not for my special interest in the nature of this unnaturally lonely rock, I doubt I would have noticed them. But still, here they are. I can only assume that this was not always how things were. What kind of event could cause this 'ethereal void', or what happened to the soul and spirit of those who once lived here, I can't begin to speculate.

The sense of stillness and isolation here is absolute. If it wasn't for being a little haunting, it would almost be peaceful. For the first time since setting out on my travels, I find the universe feels smaller. In this place I can not sense the energy of the neighbouring stars, or feel the weave binding them. All traces of life outside go quiet to me, with nothing but ancient weathered stone as far as I can see. So despite all this. Why is it I can't shake the feeling that for once I, myself, am being watched?

Etheria

I don't know where to start! I never imagined such a place could exist. And to think, I've practically been standing in it this whole time. I was indeed being watched after all. Though I never expected to be greeted by a spirit and welcomed to a hidden dimension. They call it Etheria. A shining city of white, hidden away from the rest of the universe in it's own hand crafted dimension. And so full of life! Everything here is saturated in spirit. I can feel it flowing through the very ground I walk on. The people here are human physically, but spiritually are something entirely different. In the azure sky shines the same star that shone on the lifeless rock that hides this world. It's like an oasis. A secret paradise constructed to escape a forsaken world.

They call the dead planet Arthe. I find the name an amusing coincidence. Apparently they once lived on Arthe, long ago in a time before their history has surviving records of. I naturally delved deeper into the story surrounding this. As I've learned so far, many millennia ago some form of apocalypse severed the planets link to the ethereal plane and the natural life cycle that the plane regulates. The people here refer to this cataclysm as "The Avarice", explaining in short that the state of their old homeworld stems from the actions of the ancient empire that once ruled it. According to what I have been told, this 'Old Empire' at the peak of it's power, had obtained the means to map and control the flow of both the ethereal and athereal planes, bending each to their will in a manner not even gods or the greatest ascended souls can demonstrate. An elaborate construct comprised of a vast array of tower like structures engineered to harness the heavens. When the day came that their grand design was complete and this grand ambition was to be executed, something went awry in a most catastrophic fashion. The details of what exactly caused the cataclysm, such as whether it was an inherent flaw in the design, a failure to implement, or even a deliberate outside or inside interference, are seemingly vague and disputed among the Etherian people today.

Whatever the cause, the result was one of utter devastation to the people of the age. Their world wracked by terrible preternatural storms, and violently severed from both of the crucial planes they had sought to control. Those who did not perish in the immediate chaos, found their life energies gradually being drained from them until they succumbed to a fatal sleep.
The world was doomed to slowly go cold and die out. Yet a small few escaped this fate. Their solution to surviving a world where life and death were no longer in correct motion, was to build their own astral planes and regulate it themselves. This sealed city provided the engine to do so. A singular surviving component of the mechanism that brought about the disaster, left standing after the other towers had been annihilated. This tower still held enough power to be put to a new purpose. Salvaging the chaotic life force from their dying world in order to build their own personal imitation of the ethereal plane. It was small at first, a necessity stemming from the artificial plane's need to be sealed and contained within a limited space. Over time Etheria grew larger and more stable. New permanent structures were erected and dedicated to maintaining the fragile balance that keeps this sub dimension and it's life cycle from collapsing.

The very concept of either this hidden and artificial miniature cosmos, or of the "Avarice" itself both seem so incredible that I wouldn't have believed it possible was I not standing in it. But I suppose you learn something new everyday huh? I cannot begin to comprehend the workings of these towers, and having discussed the topic, am under the impression that it is not something any single mind can truly grasp through study and memory alone.
The secrets of this place lie within the tower's own abstract conciousness, and is something that must be drawn upon by a trusted vessel, not learned independently.

I am certain that I never would have found this world were I not invited. The concentrated spirit of an entire planet in one location, and I couldn't detect it. The border forming this dimension hides itself perfectly. Even now that I'm aware, it's like trying to find something while knowing it's not there, and having to succeed regardless. I'm not yet certain if my abilities actually would be able to allow me to pass through the border separating this world without the Etherian's assistance. I have to imagine that family of border manipulation mages back on Earth would love to get a chance to study this place. It reminds me of the fabled sealed land they spoke of. Perhaps I shall even try looking for that place again someday as well. Of course, I've still much to explore in this unique world and it's special society first. I best cease my writing for today, since I have been invited to dinner with an Etherian family and I believe it's ready. After that I shall be treated to a tour of the city. It's all very exciting!

Last edited:
OP
Unknown Squid

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Some new characters of mine. Not entirely sure what inspired these guys but I suddenly had a the urge to write em out. They're an awesome family. Shame there aren't any suitable RPs to put them in. (Not any I haven't already fully booked anyway.)

Care to meet the gang?

The Hawkins Family

Stan Hawkins
Appearance: A large rough featured man, worn physically by time and misadventure, though his exuberant expression suggests his trials haven't phased him. Only small hints of colour remain in his hair, haphazardly trimmed grey stubble on his stone cut chin. Built solidly and in surprisingly good shape for his age despite the violent past evident in his scars. He wears mostly aged Vietnam era US military fatigues, and moves with an energy that seems beyond his age.
Eyes: Dark brown
6'5", 255 lbs

Stan Hawkins is the proud father figure of the Hawkins family. In his youth he served in the US Army in the Vietnam War. Seemingly born to fight and struggle, he shrugged off atrocities that would break other men. When the war ended ad he was shipped home, it wasn't long before he booked a flight back to the east and began a life of travelling and rough living. He moved frequently, saw many things and fought through many hardships. Stan likes to move through the world grinning. Everything is a game in his eyes, nothing is sacred, and nothing can stop him. His time wandering took him through Cambodia, Thailand, Laos, Vietnam again, China, and finally ended in Japan after fifteen years of exploring.

Whilst climbing Mt Fuji, intended to be his final achievement before going back home to the US, Stan was very much surprised to meet a beautiful woman in a cave near the summit. Stranger was that the woman was taller than he was, had green hair, a pair of horns, and was happily sitting and drinking sake in the frozen cave virtually naked. Still, this did not phase Stan, who set about winning the woman as his prize for climbing the mountain. Normally this woman, one of four powerful mountain ruling oni (ogre), would have laughed off such ambitions from a human. Yet Stan prevailed. The oni woman was enthralled by the insistent humans brutish charm, and after several bowls of strong sake, they shared several personal hours in the cave.

After that they parted ways. The woman disappearing before morning, and Stan leaving Japan in the following week. Roughly nine months later Stan came to his door one morning to find three wrapped babies left in a bamboo basket. Each sported familiar mossy green coloured hair. Based on the little that had been said in the cave, Stan had been under the impression that their union would not produce offspring, but regardless it seemed that he was now a father. Welcoming the task of caring for the triplet half oni children as a whole new kind of adventure, he would raise them under the Hawkins name in a way only he could.

Kyle Hawkins
Appearance: If the word can apply to appearance, then Kyle is hardcore. Wide shouldered and powerful. Thick sturdy arms without looking like they've been built up. Straight chin/upper neck length moss green hair, and inch trimmed beard of the same colour. Always seen wearing his favourite pair of rimless matt black shades. Has the look of someone who doesn't need to worry about looking both ways before crossing the road. Could easily pass for being much older than he really is.
6'9", 321 lbs

Kyle's features come from his fathers side of the family, and are exaggerated by his heritage in his mothers side of the family. Built like a bear, Kyle seems to maintain a substantial muscle mass without any effort. Kyle is calm and methodical with his actions, and friendly though quiet around people. He could be described as the strong and silent type, saying what needs to be said and seldom little more. Unlike his dad he has a peaceful outlook, and never starts a fuss. Selfless and always ready to help others, particularly his sisters, whom he is very protective of. (even if they don't really need his protection)

In his free time he enjoys playing the bass guitar, listening to music ranging from metal to classic, painting and drawing. He tried amateur boxing in a previous school club, but no one could make him budge, let alone knock him down. He wasn't interested in professional boxing (much to the disappointed of the instructor), and so had to stop boxing since there was no point in anyone trying to fight him.

Kyle overall inherited the least amount of oni power from his mother, but that's not to say he's lacking. It manifested very physically within him, granting his imposing physique, but also boosting his strength beyond what the muscle itself would normally be capable of. His body is very dense, making him heavier than he would already appear, and also granting him an impressive resilience to harm. His bones will withstand forces substantially more than that which would shatter those of normal peoples, and his skin is tough as hide.
Kate Hawkins
Appearance: Tall and mature. Neck length moss green hair, well cared for but always slightly wild in style despite any efforts to control it. Strong but feminine build. Ample curves, which Stan proudly and regularly informs comes from her lovely mother.
6'5", 192 lbs

The unofficial leader of the Hawkins trio. Respected and looked up to by the other two, her opinion is often the deciding vote in many situations. She has an easy going and relaxed personality, but when serious commands a strong presence. She is fairly level headed, but not afraid of a little nonsense and having fun. Of the three, Kate has taken the most interest in the triplets unique heritage and has spent a lot of time researching oni and the rest of Japanese mythology in an attempt to learn more about her mother. Her search led her to investigate honing and harnessing the latent energy contained within her half-oni blood (see powers). She hopes to someday be able to meet her mother.

In their spare time they enjoy exploring their heritage, a bit of martial arts, relaxing, any hour drinking, and occasional partying.

Kate possesses a respectable amount of oni power, but more importantly has put a lot of effort into learning how to use it. She can perform her oni abilities much easier than the other two and with less concentration required.
Kelly Hawkins
Appearance: Youthful and bright eyed. Kelly is fairly small of stature compared to most, but looks absolutely minuscule when framed by her siblings. She has the same moss green hair shared by all the Hawkins gang, though hers has a slightly more colourful tint to it. Was it not for the distinctive hair colour, likely few would believe she was related to the other two, even if told so.
Eyes: Bright green, with a slightly distinctive radial patterned iris.
4'7", 153 lbs

The runt of the litter, but by no means weak in any way. Kelly encountered problems developing in the womb and only barely survived birth. She was an uncertain case in her early days, but soon made a strong recovery. Even so, she remained significantly stunted compared to her other towering siblings. Hidden beneath her unimposing exterior however, lies the largest share of oni power out of all the triplets. She has not came to understand and master her latent power as well as her sister, but makes up for it through an aptitude for using it instinctively and naturally. Despite her tiny figure Kelly is in fact the strongest of the three, capable of giving shoulder rides to her father and defeating her brother in arm wrestles.

She's affectionate and outgoing, and loves being the centre of attention. Also highly competitive with a hint of a inferiority complex, and has a bad habit of trying to out do anyone at anything she sees, as well as often going overboard on various challenges. Her sister in particular is forced to endure a lot of her competitive nature. Kelly also very much dislikes anyone looking down on her, and gets especially annoyed by people's tendency to mistake her for being younger than she is. Anyone who refers to her as the “little sister” is corrected promptly. She carries an ID card around at all times after being denied entry to cinemas on several occasions, and always having to hide when the other two buy alcohol.

In her free time she enjoys various sports and physical activities (though has room for improvement concerning her team work), skill based video games, and telling wild stories.

Powers
The triplets all possess super natural abilities drawn from the oni power in their blood. Kate Hawkins has explored the use of this power the most out of the three, and discovered various abilities they all share. Each has a different aptitude for certain powers.

Learning to feel the flow of her inner energies, Kate found she was capable of manifesting this energy into a physical form, that could potentially be quite destructive, and even shaped into various shapes or thrown off at a distance. The other two have vaguely achieved this technique, but to a lesser degree and have difficulty focusing and controlling it safely. Kate has been able to manifest a fire like heating effect, a crackling black effect that looks like lightning but tears at things physically

She also learnt that all of the triplets had a limited ability to alter their own form slightly, slightly changing their appearance and/or performance. Enhancing their strength further came easily, in fact coming to understand at the time that Kelly uses this particular trick near constantly on an instinctive level. Another trick is to alter their weight and density. Doing so makes them more resistant to harm of most kinds, though will of course make movement more tiring and potentially more difficult. There are no visible changes, but they cannot increase their defence without proportionately increasing their weight. Kyle is especially adept at this technique and can make changes more quickly than the others. One skill which so far only Kate has been able to achieve properly is altering her external appearance and overall form successfully. She can make minor changes to things such as her height, hair length, and proportions. It was during early experimenting with the limits of this technique that Kate discovered the side effects of using large amounts of oni power. Two tall slender horns sprouted upwards from either side of her head, her skin taking on a tougher texture and darkening very slightly. After her initial panic, and the fit of laughter from Kelly, Kate was able to reverse the effect. They learnt that this could happen to any of them any time they used large amounts of energy, and especially if used in conjunction with strong emotions. Kelly will grow a single smooth and perfect cone shaped horn pointing forward from her forehead, whilst Kyle will grow two thick but short horns from his forehead just under his hairline.

Finally, the Hawkins seem to be immune to hangovers, which is good because they all very much enjoy their drinks, and in large quantities.
Fun Facts
Kelly once accidentally ran her horn into some furniture during a tantrum stemming from a failure to use her oni power to increase her breasts, and became stuck till she calmed down and let it shrink.
Kyle is skilled with lead guitar as well as bass, but prefers to take a supporting role in things.
Kate has allegedly developed the ability to negate any intoxicating effects of alcohol if she so chooses. She just normally chooses not to.

Last edited:
OP
Unknown Squid

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

My posts are all glitching. I need to test stuff. Won't show any formatting or even new lines. Annoyed.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

You know I keep forgetting to check out your page, along with half the stuff on the blank page. probably becaudse I have this bad habit of marking everything read before actually reading anything. Haen't read the journal stuff yet, but I always did like the stuff you did in paint. Actually I like how you do the stuff in paint better than the last picture in photoshop. Not that the picture is bad, I just like the look of the paint stuff for some reason. keep up the good work and all that, and I'll try to read the journal stuff and comment on that.

OP
Unknown Squid

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Hey, always nice to have visitors. =)

Heh, and I do know what you mean actually. Might be partly because I tried doing a fuller scene rather than the character alone, but there's a certain uncertain difference between them. (does that line make any sense? >_> )

Always the chance that a loose roofing tile of inspiration will hit me and more shall occur. Who knows. Though now I think about it I've got things I could share that I never actually got round to showing here anyway. Kinda forgot I hadn't already. Think I'll make a point to fix that tomorrow. Expect dancing gif animations! I never finished that dream story I mentioned either... hmm...

Well, before I go to bed, I shall post up another journal entry I've done since. A very short one this, unrelated to the events occurring in the first two. It's not always about spiritual stuff. It just is so far.

(unwritten adjacent entries around this one would imply that Flynn is currently on Earth whilst writng this.)

Ghost Fire

I encountered a free spirit today, a small ghost fire. A will o' the wisp or hitodama, as some cultures called them. I see these all the time, normally quite unremarkable, but this one is somewhat unique as far as such simple entities go. For a start, it has been following me for over a week now. These most basic forms of spirit tend to stick to single locations, or drift aimlessly in a fixed path. But this one has been showing decidedly deliberate behaviours. It follows me closely, and stops moving if I look at it. Secondly, it not only has a more concentrated amount of spirit than normal for it's kind, but a far more developed soul than any other. I cannot determine whether it is properly self aware, but I'm quite certain there are at least animalistic thought patterns at work behind it's actions. Normally a free spirit possessing this level of energy and structure would be quite capable of assuming different forms and manifesting in certain ways, yet this one remains in it's primitive form.
(Continued)
The tiny spirit is still following me. It pulses slightly when talked to. Whether or not it can understand me is another question, but it most definitely knows it is being addressed. I have concluded that there is most likely a fair degree of intelligence present within it, though such an existence must be quite a solitary experience. In a way, I can see a little of myself in this creature. It moves gradually through a daunting world, observing things far beyond it's own abilities. It does not interfere or make itself known, but watches the lives of others from the side. I have to wonder how it came to be like this. Perhaps slowly degrading from a more powerful spirit, though that wouldn't explain why with it's current level of energy it remains in this form. Though strange, it seems as if it may have actually developed over time, starting off as a mere lesser gathering of energies. It is time for me to move on now, but I think I shall make a point to track down and visit this unusual growing soul again sometime in the future.

OP
Unknown Squid

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Did these a fair while ago now, but never posted them here. Some of my explorations into making animated gifs in photoshop. As promised, dancing gifs.

Look at them go! These peeps here would be my OC's from the SBS RP here. Grace, Ellisia, Simon, and his highly dangerous shadow. Drawn in paint, using a screen shot of the overdrive animation as a base. Used photoshop to help in certain editing stages, and to combine the frames into the animated product. Bellow them are some more little side projects staring the same characters, as well as sleepy Yume there, who was a little too late in being created to join the dance. Based on the cave story sprite. Been in my sig a while now. I've been wondering how many people might have assumed they're miscellaneous gifs from an anime series. I did Simon first, hence why he has the shortest animation loop of the lot of em. The animation was actually an after thought, but proved fun.

And the rest bellow are some of my other misc gif works. These are all created by simply screenshoting until I think I've got all the frames needed, and stringing them into a gif. No art of my own involved. Wasn't ever a real reason or intended use behind creating any of these. Did em all on a whim. The only hard part is simply trying to time my screen shots to get all the specific frames I want. :p

A wind swept nobody. Just one of several students or some such decorating the background of one level in the Vanguard Princess fighting game. They kinda caught my eye I guess, in between getting punched, so I felt like giving a shot at gifing them. They have a slightly mysterious air no?

Reimu run! Taken from a Touhou PV which I can only ever remember as "Reimu on Drugs". Meh, it's Reimu, and she's running. Careful, she's in an ass kicking mood.

"I have decided you will drink vegetable juice!" From that Touhou PV where Tei force feeds Reisen cans of vegetable juice as she's held down by a paper bag headed muscled goon. You know what I'm talking about. Right? Well this is the bit where they dance.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Hey, always nice to have visitors. =)

Heh, and I do know what you mean actually. Might be partly because I tried doing a fuller scene rather than the character alone, but there's a certain uncertain difference between them. (does that line make any sense? >_> )

It made sense to me, but I'm kind of senile so who knows. Anyways that's pretty much what I was trying to say.

The GIF's are nice for some reason the shadow dancing just cracks me up, though it would be better if you cold get him to do the opposite in his dance from the owner. Don't know if that's possible, but it would seem to demonstrate his power better. (if that made any sense, good lord am I going senile.)

OP
Unknown Squid

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Woah, fast reply... =)

I could have done the shadow facing the other way, but it would have been an extra chunk of effort (considering that shadow is literally a drop shadow, using one of the photoshop layer tools...), and I was trying to keep to the it was inspired by. Someone dancing out of line might have broken the look. Though that said it could also have added some unique character to it. Using the shadow was actually an afterthought since I wanted to bring the number of characters up to four. (as it is at the end of the overdrive anim)

I'd like to add Yume to it, since it seems unfair to have her left out, but the idea of trying to edit her in in surprisingly daunting. I might still. If I'm in the mood some time. And since you mention "demonstrate his power", have you read through the SBS character roster before then? Just made me curious.

Though this talk of Simon's shadow has alerted me to a ridiculous omission from my Blank Page here. I think I posted this back on tentacle haven, or maybe even the first forum. Makes no sense to leave it out now.

(pulled the description off my devArt account.)

Simon and his Shadow.

"This is Simon. Ever since he was little he's known that something was different about his shadow. It talked to him, and did things other shadows did not.

It acts as his ever watchful guardian, and protects him form any threat, great or small. Whether Simon wishes it or not. Due to a certain incident in his younger years, Simon isolated himself from others. To insure that his shadow had nothing it might need to "protect" him from.

~~~~~~

This was another idle doodle I did, and decided to put through the computer. Photoshop7, and an hour or two. The lighting was a tricky bit, which came out reasonably well, but I'm sure there's better ways.

Don't worry, It's not meant to be me. Although strangely his scruffy outfit ended up being practically identical to what I sometimes wear..."

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I remember that picture alright, I think it was on the Tentacle Haven forums when you were all sorting out how to restart the game after the first forums death.

Anyways yeah, I've read through a lot of the SBS characters before. I actually like reading through others characters and games even if I'm not playing. Since you never know what might inspire you, for a story, character what have you.

Games Dude

Lurker
Reputation score

O-overdri-ive!
O-overdri-ive!

Heheh, but anyway, they look good. Good flow, without losing any quality on any frames. Impressive.

While I'm thinking of IOSYS, have you seen yet?

OP
Unknown Squid

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Heh, forgot to reply. How rude of me. But cheers, and no I hadn't seen that one before. Never realised IOSYS hid clickables in their flashes like that.

Just came here to test something about embedding, nothing new to see.

...aaand it seems my test does not work. Oh well. :p

OP
Unknown Squid

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Check the spoiler! I went on a long midnight walk in the woods and came back in the mood for a bit of art-ish stuff. :D

See that tiny little bundle of pixels hanging there in orbit? That's Etheiria right there. See the "close up" for a more "detailed" view of the city and it's island like landscape. If my very basic calculations are correct then the whole image should be in scale.

17.5% Res >_<

Close up

The "Island" is approx 250km in diameter.
It floats at somewhere around 300km from the surface of the planet below. Around the same altitude that the international space station orbits at.
The central Etheirian city atop it is approx 35km in diameter (that's a little smaller than London, but also has considerable height and depth.
The central tower "Eternity" is approx 100km tall and 100km deep. (Seriously. It's a very big and very special tower.)
The smaller towers "Dusk" & "Dawn" are approx 10km tall each.
The planet below should be in scale, and so roughly 13,000km in diameter. (Based on Earth's 12756.1 km diameter)

Etheiria is a strange and special place.

OP
Unknown Squid

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Simon ponders...

'The same person in two different moods,
can be less the same,
than two different people in the same mood.'

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Grace grumbles...

"Getting to the bottom of cereal packets and finding nothing but crumbs and dusty bits is the worst thing ever!"

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Ellisia thinks...

'Mortal combat is easy. Singing is difficult. How are you supposed to practice? It's embarrassing.'

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Monday says...

"Humans should be more honest. Always lying, even to themselves. If they just said what was really on their mind..."

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Kate worries...

'It's awful! If I ever want to start driving, I won't be able to drink as much. How will I ever get around?'

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Kelly decrees...

"Damnit! One horn is just as good as two! In fact, it's better than two!"

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Kyle despairs...

'Chunky fingers and guitars were never meant to be together were they?'

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Harrel muses...

'The girls here are pretty nice, but the tap water tastes kinda funky.'

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Brilliant job on your 'scapes, Squid. They're lovely.

And why do I have the conflicting urge to either huggle Harrel or smack him for peeking in the underwear drawer? (Whether he has or not...)

OP
Unknown Squid

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Me thanks to ye as always.

Harrel is a particular fan of hugs. Whether he deserves them or not is down to the individual to decide. ^_^

OP
Unknown Squid

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Something a little different today. More paint stuff, but of characters from a really old comical setting me and some others used to talk about and make the occasional stick figure comic for back in school. A wide assortment of ridiculous heroes and villains. Not having to worry about anatomy really makes these a lot easier for me.

First an older one that I think I've showed before once.

This one was actually done with my laptop touch pad. Started as a spontaneous doodle after getting my laptop, and after working out better than expected pretty much became the reason I keep going back to old MS-Paint. This strange "Weener Man" fellow was my one of my characters in the setting. Unlike the rest of the cast which normally had some degree of basic features, he was never more than a simple white headed stickman with a strictly angular blue cape.

The blurb...
Welcome to Tin City. The unfortunate home of the ultimate hero, Weener Man. If the city's not being smashed by Genius the Evil Hamster, Invaded by the Moose Legion, or attacked by Aliens, then there's always the ever present danger of being "saved" by Weener Man.

Of noble heart and relentless resolve, Weener Man is a force to be reckoned with. Utterly indestructible, of infinite strength, capable of Mach 10 flight and beyond, and... infinite incompetence...

Where ever he goes, destruction and chaos is spread in his wake. Not intentionally of course. Seemingly totally oblivious to everything going on around him. Somehow, the worst WILL happen. Earthquakes, spontaneous infernos, planes falling from the sky, aliens, hurricanes, meteors, tidal waves, mass hysteria, rioting, dinosaurs, and everyone's favourite tv shows getting cancelled.

And at the end of the day, Weener Man flies off into the sunset, clueless and content with another good deed done.

~~~~~~~

And here's my latest in the 'series' as it were.

This guy is a friends creation, and could probably be called the main character if you were going to pick one. Somehow, this guy has actually developed a small fan following on deviantArt, and is strangely popular with the ladies, actually having fanart and even a converted action figure.

The blurb...
The classic Tinware Tinman in all his glory! He's even got his old goggles! (Try getting a bug in your eye whilst flying at ten times the speed of sound and you'll know why.)

When evil threatens the good people of Tincity, Tinman explodes into action to save the day! Here we see our indestructible hero thwarting the plans of Genius the Evil Hamster's latest Mecha-ton army. It's all in a days work for a hero. Today a robot army, tomorrow a rampaging radioactive monster, and who knows what else.

Super fly, super strong, and completely invincible to harm, Tinman is the only person capable of matching the terrifying destructive heroism of Weener Man in a straight fight. And as such frequently finds him self battling not only villainy but the forces of misguided righteousness.

A hero to us all.

Last edited:
OP
Unknown Squid

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Last edited: