What's new

RPG RPG Maker [うさぎめしや / usabox] MaiDenSnow Eve / MaiDenSnow Eve ~さる前夜祭~ (RE115762, RJ115762)

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: MaiDenSnow Eve

I'm not sure if I'm playing Eve or Online version >_>
See it for yourself
@Harley
Unlike Eve, which has the sealed slots system, Daimakai/Online doesn't have this system. All their equipments starts with full slots respective to their gears.
What Monceber sees is basically full slotted everything in terms of weapons for the drawf, that's why he's like is he playing Online since everything is max slotted.

i.e. Rabbit messed up big time in a hilarious way. Way to go rabbit, we players are sheepishly happy, sort of.
Too bad, I am still playing on the JP version and I already have max slots of all weapons ... and multiple copy of them as well.

Clothing on the other hand, I am missing max slot see-through swimsuit and school swimsuit

Last edited:

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's great if you're missing a particular weapon type for fusion, but you (Dragonpaladin) and I have played for so long that max-slot equipment isn't exciting any more.

Don't you normally get a full-slot swimsuit from the chest that holds it?

I want a para-2 rifle of some sort, that's my base for a fusion towards Alternative.

Vidayen

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It's great if you're missing a particular weapon type for fusion, but you (Dragonpaladin) and I have played for so long that max-slot equipment isn't exciting any more.

Don't you normally get a full-slot swimsuit from the chest that holds it?

I want a para-2 rifle of some sort, that's my base for a fusion towards Alternative.
in the latest JP version it displays a full slot item however the item you actually receive from the chests have no slots at all.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

in the latest JP version it displays a full slot item however the item you actually receive from the chests have no slots at all.
You sure? This is the swimsuit I received from the chest. I could easily put 4 essences, but the 3 I've placed are just for show.

Attachments

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I can actually confirm the above, my swim-suit is 0 slot from the chest despite it showing full slots.
Otoh, I have had full slotted nameless blade and 0 slot nameless blade before. So I guess it various.

max-slot equipment isn't exciting any more.
Indeed, just max-slot isn't good enough at our level/farm/hours.
I want a mythril 2 or mag 3 rifle or something like it as well for my alternative, actually ... I just want 2 more sealing essence first x|

PS: Apparently demonic under (used as underwear) gives the most str/mag, noticeably more than slitted under in fact.

Last edited:

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Perhaps what you get from the chest is random, but you're more likely to get maximum slots if you have a high character level?

Maybe I got lucky, but I've not restarted my current iteration for what seems like forever. When I finish my current run in the barrier forest, I'll go back to the other areas with equipment chests and see what turns up.

I need 2 more sealing essences as well, funny how it's the phantom who dropped mine rather than Belle. Probably the law of averages being trumped by overwhelming numbers.

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Perhaps what you get from the chest is random, but you're more likely to get maximum slots if you have a high character level?
Or maybe max slots for normal mode, and 0 slots for makai D:

I need 2 more sealing essences as well, funny how it's the phantom who dropped mine rather than Belle. Probably the law of averages being trumped by overwhelming numbers.
Phantom never dropped even one sealing essence, Belle dropped one and only one. I been farming for days already.

Tesseract

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I've never seen anything but 0-slot clothing drop from the safe-zone chests. Before it's identified, it shows as full slot, but once you identify/wear it, its always 0 slots. Its probably just a item coding/database thing. I've only restarted a handful of times over the past few versions though. Maybe there was a version where this wasn't the case.

Anyways, what is the max slot for equipment? I'm seeing 4 slots for base weapons (certain weapons max out lower, such as the Epicedium Edge, which only has a max of 1), 3 slots for clothing/underwear, and 1 for necks.

Also, I'm having a helluva time trying to understand the finer points of crafting. For example:

I have a lvl 0 4-slot vanguard lancer which I am easily able to convert into a 4-slot limb-fire. But I cannot figure out a way to convert my lvl 15 limb-fire into a vanguard lancer. I'm also missing quite a few entries from my Item Book which I'm assuming are weapons you can only acquire from crafting.

I like to try figuring things out on my own when I play games, but I've spent way too much time shuttling hundreds of combinations of items back and forth between the church and the dwarven forge. Finally tried parsing what I could from the Japanese wiki, but it is a bit too detailed for a literal translation to make sense.

Vidayen

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I've never seen anything but 0-slot clothing drop from the safe-zone chests. Before it's identified, it shows as full slot, but once you identify/wear it, its always 0 slots. Its probably just a item coding/database thing. I've only restarted a handful of times over the past few versions though. Maybe there was a version where this wasn't the case.

Anyways, what is the max slot for equipment? I'm seeing 4 slots for base weapons (certain weapons max out lower, such as the Epicedium Edge, which only has a max of 1), 3 slots for clothing/underwear, and 1 for necks.

Also, I'm having a helluva time trying to understand the finer points of crafting. For example:

I have a lvl 0 4-slot vanguard lancer which I am easily able to convert into a 4-slot limb-fire. But I cannot figure out a way to convert my lvl 15 limb-fire into a vanguard lancer. I'm also missing quite a few entries from my Item Book which I'm assuming are weapons you can only acquire from crafting.

I like to try figuring things out on my own when I play games, but I've spent way too much time shuttling hundreds of combinations of items back and forth between the church and the dwarven forge. Finally tried parsing what I could from the Japanese wiki, but it is a bit too detailed for a literal translation to make sense.
bottom of this page www54.atwiki.jp/maidensnow_eve/pages/23.html

has the formulas for upgrading basic weapons into new weapons. a couple notes are . you need to slot the essences into the item and then use any item to make the combination . also using purple essences from births , give a +2 (I do not know if this is cumulative with additional purples or not moon or dragon may be able to confirm that?) to the value but are consumed. any orange essences can be removed by using an alchemy box on the final item even if they are in excess of the new items slots.

as for max slots of an item , the item book actually lists the items with their max slot count at the top

also I should revise my previous note. I actually didn't have the "newest" JP release I only have the 10/05 patch and I see there are a few more listed now. also I am playing on normal.

I've also not been playing very long at all -_-

Tesseract

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

bottom of this page www54.atwiki.jp/maidensnow_eve/pages/23.html

has the formulas for upgrading basic weapons into new weapons. a couple notes are . you need to slot the essences into the item and then use any item to make the combination . also using purple essences from births , give a +2 (I do not know if this is cumulative with additional purples or not moon or dragon may be able to confirm that?) to the value but are consumed. any orange essences can be removed by using an alchemy box on the final item even if they are in excess of the new items slots.

as for max slots of an item , the item book actually lists the items with their max slot count at the top

also I should revise my previous note. I actually didn't have the "newest" JP release I only have the 10/05 patch and I see there are a few more listed now. also I am playing on normal.

I've also not been playing very long at all -_-
Ahhh, so each crafting of a specific weapon requires a specific type of essence. e.g. I need enough lightning essences to craft a Vanguard Lancer. That's what I was missing. I don't think I would have ever figured that out on my own. Thank you. I imagine the dwarf says something to that effect in one of his dialogues? I have found no reliable way of hooking any of this game's text through memory, unfortunately.

Referring to the item slot count in the item book, it will only show the highest slot count of what you have found so far, I believe. I watched the item book carefully as I was getting items, and i watched my Granite Blade slot entry change from showing 2 slots to 3 slots after I ran a few dungeons. This was an earlier version, though. My mermaid's shell and diabolic bondage are still only showing 2 slots each. I'm assuming they go up to 3 slots? Some of them are bugged too, probably because of the outpost chests. Such as the sailor's outfit and swim uniform showing 4 slots (unless you can actually legitimately get those, which I have never seen), or the Nameless sword. I could be mistaken on any of this.

Last edited:

Monceber

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

max-slot equipment isn't exciting any more.
Same here, but it's a double-edged sword in new version - dwarf now has only max-slotted items. So, if I could buy overslotted items from him before - now I can't, because there are none :( Well, gotta revert back to previous version.

I have a lvl 0 4-slot vanguard lancer
I call BS on this, 4-slot vanguard doesn't exist in nature. It would be massacre otherwise, especially with Dragon's glass cannon build.

it will only show the highest slot count of what you have found so far, I believe
As far as I remember, book always showed maximum possible number of slots for item. Mermaid's shell is 2-slot maximum, so it won't go up no matter what.

Some of them are bugged too, probably because of the outpost chests. Such as the sailor's outfit and swim uniform showing 4 slots (unless you can actually legitimately get those, which I have never seen)
Seeing is believing xD
I'm using 4-slot sailor's right now and it's quite real, I assure you. 4-slot swim uniform exists too - I had it too, before I lost it <_<

also using purple essences from births , give a +2 (I do not know if this is cumulative with additional purples or not moon or dragon may be able to confirm that?) to the value but are consumed.
Orange = 1, Red = 2, Purple = 3. And they are cumulative.
E.g. for Spined blade you'll need either 5 para1 orange essences (impossible, I assume, there are no 5-slotted items), or 1 para2 red essence and 1 para1 orange essence, or 2 para1 purple essences, or, well, any combination of those.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I don't think I'm being called a liar, but I stand by what I said. The swimsuit I picked up had 4-slots and it was from the chest which activates future drops for the item. I have yet to see a 4-slot swimsuit drop in the wild because my exploration counter hasn't hit the heights required to trigger it (the most I've seen is 3-slots). Virtually every other item of underwear and armour in the game I've seen (and hold) a copy with maximum slots allowable. Just because players have never seen the items doesn't mean they don't exist, as Monceber can prove.

For crafting weapons of the same item type, say you need 5 paralysis essences for the spined blade. One valid combination that gives you the blade is to fuse a athame knife with 3 paralysis essences and a jade blade with 2 paralysis essences.You do not necessarily require 1 of the items in the fusion process to hold ALL of the required essences.

@Monceber: Is it just the English version that's messed up? The Japanese version seems fine so far.

Last edited:

Monceber

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

You do not necessarily require 1 of the items in the fusion process to hold ALL of the required essences.
Ah, so it works that way too, huh? Never occurred to me that it could be the case :(

@Monceber: Is it just the English version that's messed up? The Japanese version seems fine so far.
I assume so, but I didn't try 20141012 patch on JP version yet. If you're playing with it and you have no problems, than maybe it's really Eng version only.

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I assume so, but I didn't try 20141012 patch on JP version yet. If you're playing with it and you have no problems, than maybe it's really Eng version only.
Likely ENG only then. It's great for new players though

I call BS on this, 4-slot vanguard doesn't exist in nature. It would be massacre otherwise, especially with Dragon's glass cannon build.
For the record, my vanguard lancer+30 already does 100+ damage across a 4x5 square, and it penetrates.

This is just my PC wearing my maiden wear +22 for dex as opposed to stray cat for magic. (50% dependence on magic, 20% on dex due to Invoker and Clock-Engine)

If it's a 4-slot vanguard. ...
Let's stack more mag for +16 more magic stats. I usually run around with 101 magic stats atm, so with +16 more, I am at 118 or so, which translate to +59 raw damage on my Vanguard, which has a base attack of +102 at +30. ... 161 attack vanguard anyone?

Mind you, that's with scatter bullet. With mythirl I get 10% more magic dependence. So stacks up to around 177 at level 1 ... this numbers excite me, now where's that 4 slotted vanguard!?

Update: I forgot to include the 20% dex dependence. *face-palm*

Never occurred to me that it could be the case
*rub salt in wound* this is why I always said Base Weapon + Material weapon contains a total of 6 lightning essence for Vanguard.

Last edited:

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Latest 20141012 patch with Japanese version doesn't have a problem with the blacksmith (I'm at the barrier forest safe-house, not that it's relevant). It's probably the English version that's messed up.

For those curious, 20141012 fixes an issue with essences not properly transferring (using the ink) to the intended target from equipment with inscriptions.

Vidayen

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

For crafting weapons of the same item type, say you need 5 paralysis essences for the spined blade. One valid combination that gives you the blade is to fuse a athame knife with 3 paralysis essences and a jade blade with 2 paralysis essences.You do not necessarily require 1 of the items in the fusion process to hold ALL of the required essences.
thanks for that , its something I would never have figured out on my own. which is is how I bumbled most of my way through the game so far since I can barely understand the wiki with a translation ^_^

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

thanks for that , its something I would never have figured out on my own. which is is how I bumbled most of my way through the game so far since I can barely understand the wiki with a translation ^_^
To add to my previous post, the example I gave assumed all the essences in question are yellow.

More examples for a valid spined blade fusion:

1 athame knife with paralyse 2 (red) + 1 jade blade with paralyse 1
1 athame knife with paralyse 2 (red) + 1 yellow paralyse 1 + 1 jade blade
1 athame knife with paralyse 1 (purple) + 1 jade blade with paralyse 1 (red)

All of the above are valid combinations for the spined blade. Extend the principle to other weapon groups and players have a better idea of what they need for fusing impulse or the "Alternative" rifle for instance.

Veteran players figured out the above a long time ago, also big thanks to Dragonpaladin for finding the wiki and Monceber for the monster post summarising most of the findings gleaned over the course of the thread.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

More info on the vortex and how to beat it.

For those who can't read Japanese, conventional weapons fail horribly against the vortex. This leaves saving the sacrifice, using wands or scrolls of judgement for players who don't want to run away.

When using wands, be prepared to face ever-increasing waves of enemies as the vortex takes damage. If the vortex is close to death, it will quite literally spawn enemies every single turn until it dies or you're overwhelmed. Players might be able to delay the constant spawning by escaping to the corridors and away from the vortex's line of sight.

The most effective wands against the vortex are the wand of ashes (3-4 shots from a wand of 7 should do it), the nuke wand (1-shot high damage single-target) and the wand of silence (even if you have the inscription which allows silence from special moves, this wand keeps the vortex quiet for a very long time which helps players looking around for the sacrifice).

Other wands will also damage the vortex but they are far less efficient and won't do the job on their own. A combination of wands for players with inventory space to spare might do it but it's really up to you if you find the sacrifice to inventory space worth it to kill the vortex on the spot.

OP
lazycat

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

So since latest version stop crashing me, I decide to restart playing again.

Got silver essence to drop, decide to head back to cave entrance (still feel too weak to head towards dwarf)
Next floor is the monster room.

orz

Question: How do you unlock memories in this version? I remember last year version I got memory for plant girl when my character got raped, but doesn't seem to be the case with the new version.

(Debating whether I'll unlock those memories via suicide run then reset my stats after game over so I don't have to intentionally lose later to get it)