What's new

RPG RPG Maker [うさぎめしや / usabox] MaiDenSnow Eve / MaiDenSnow Eve ~さる前夜祭~ (RE115762, RJ115762)

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: MaiDenSnow Eve

Thanks.
I hope in that version the rape wont be inescapable. I mean they show it in and the girl already comes even if its her first time. And then hp goes 0 and the black screen of horror appears.

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Here's some food for thought.

Most Japanese game-makers are making games for their native country, and for a specific audience (ie. Japanese people). The game language/UI is in JP, the site it's hosted on is in JP, and even the subtle nuances in game are for JP people (like something a person who doesn't live in Japan would not pick up on, despite knowing the language). Therefore, for all intents and purposes, their products are for Japanese people. Foreigners pirating these games? Well, it's a deal, but not an enormous deal. Why? Because I'm betting most of these developers aren't expecting revenue from our demographic. Like Stiltz stated, it takes a great deal of convincing to persuade someone to drop around $20 on a product that isn't in their language.

Now there are some developers (very few) that are catering to this foreign scene. The most obvious examples are those that have translated their game and put it on Dlsite English, which a lot of people on these forums have attested to purchasing successfully from. And frankly, it just feels more comfortable playing a game in a language you truly understand.

Don't get me wrong, blatant piracy isn't a good thing and it's no doubt rampant. But it's not as if we're taking money out of the developer's purse every time we download a JP game. Some of the onus is on these game developers to see if they want to expand into the English-speaking market; which once again to informally quote Stiltz, can be achieved with proper communication channels. I am frankly all for this, since I believe it'll be a good thing for both sides. Sales will no doubt increase if these types of games do get out.
Correct on all counts. I never said that establishing this bridge of communication would have to start from the English side. As you said, the majority of the games we're talking about here are developed in Japan. If those developers want to make money off of our interest (which by all means seems pretty substantial), we would need to be willing to make the investment. If Japanese developers were willing to work with a few select members of the English community, I think that they could find that having a translation done would be very, very cheap; much cheaper than having it done 'professionally' as in the case of GirlvsGirl.

Maybe there could be an arrangement worked out where a separate, translated version of a game is posted on the English DLsite, and the translator gets a meaty cut of the profits. That way, the translator gets paid for their work, and the developer gets a free translation, plus they make a bit more money on the translated version, since it should sell much more than an untranslated version on the English Dlsite. The only drawback is that the developer wouldn't be making the full price sale to the members of the English community who buy games off the English site in full Japanese...but how many people do that? Compare sales between the English and Japanese DLsites for fully Japanese games, and you will see that the ones on the English site have abysmal sales numbers, in the area of less than 1/10. I believe that with a quality translation, those numbers could easily be doubled and then some, which would mean more final profit for the developer.

Japanese game (developer makes 100% profit after DLsite fees)
$10 x 100 sales = $1000

Translated game (developer gets only 50% profit after fees)
$5 x 300 sales = $1500

And I think that would be a very low estimate (for any decent game). If it's a good game with a good translation at a fair price, then the only issue remaining is convincing the people who have been pirating for so long for semi-legitimate reasons to pony up and pay. A system like this could start slow, but with the right, good quality games I think it could really take off.

Until then, people who want to play a good Japanese game are going to wait and try to play it in English, which usually comes with piracy as an unfortunate by-product.

I know I've gone way off topic here, but part of my frustration is that for this particular game, I could never even get it to work properly, and even if I could, I would lose interest in it trying to figure everything out.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Right, I believe I'm right in saying that the release of Maidensnow Eve is fairly imminent now (if I'm reading some of the twitter posts right). Now, given what's happened here I'd normally make a polite request for people not to pirate it, to demonstrate that we're not (all) scumbag pirates here. However, some of the monstergirls in the game make it really simple to get sharing banned from here, and hence a premptive note before release:

This game contains Loli. Therefore sharing it here is forbidden.

Incidentally, if people haven't seen the monstergirls, I believe the only one in the demo is Veritou (I think that's the name - the green humanoid monster that summons plants), and she will only appear in the animation if you've enabled futanari in the options and are currently a futanari.

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I don't think that the plant girl is loli. Her size compared to the heroine is almost the same. Just because she has no breast doesn't means she is loli.

Beside it is not mentioned anywhere on dlsite that the game contains loli. I am alright with not sharing it on the forum but don't spread lies to achieve it. I think we are intelligent enough to not share games what the author asks us to not share.

And on final note even if she is underage, what I still don't believe so, she wears a one piece suit all the time, she is not naked.

Last edited:

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

oh cool, hi ramble rabbit.

I think the girls you made for the games is really cute. :)

OfficerTJHooker

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I'm also unsure if that can constitute as Loli, at least in the typical sense we use it in here on the forums. However, if ramble or some other official source does in fact state the game has Loli, that would be a different matter.

Either way, this game's a release day purchase for me. Hopefully my saves will carry over.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Eh, for what it's worth, I reckon that Veritou probably does constitute Loli. Character has no breasts as such, and is about 3/4 Rolands height. At the very least, I wouldn't want to argue that she wasn't loli.

On saves carrying over: I wouldn't want to bet on it, or at least not bug free. That seems to have been the case with carrying over saves on every demo version so far...

EDIT: I've just spotted the manual on the uploader, which lists the things which are incomplete. There's quite a lot not finished, according to that. A quick read reveals that 4 H-events aren't implemented, 3 Story events aren't complete, a few game mechanics aren't done, one set of pictures not done, and most character customisation options (beyond outfit) are not done. That said, there does still look to be an awful lot in the game...

Last edited:
OP
lazycat

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

'. ' Is officially out.

Jester

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Im getting that FSN feel, oh bittersweet nostalgia
:(

pringerx

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

edited. to anyone having bought the game do you have script errors trying to start a new game?

Last edited:

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So much from not sharing it. -_-

RichInsanity

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Short and Simple: "This game is confusing as fuck."

Longer Version:

What the hell am I supposed to do?
It starts with a nice bug that crashes the game if you use the english version and start a new Game.

Solution: Start the game with the japanese Version, save and switch to english version.

After that, I suppose that I should enter a City, and the Black Doors tell me that I get closer to the city with a random number behind the text. What does the number stand for?

And to confuse me even more, some of these black doors just teleport you out of the dungeon, back to the starting point.
My Personal Best is Floor Number 6, but these Creatures become way to strong.

Cheatengine does not work, atleast I can't find the right values. I do find some, but even if I freeze them, nothing changes.

Decrypting the Game files results in a 4HP/1HP Error, so that's not an option.

Little Hint for those, who just start with the Game:
Switch to the Pistol. It's way more effective then the Sword and you can kill most Enemies without getting hit.

Reactions: ILL

PICO

Cthulhu
Reputation score

how i can start this game?

i just start this game and i found rabbit is jump on me :mad:

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Okay can someone tell me where do I find the other gears? Stockings and stuff.

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Basic gear yes... others no.

Anyway did anyone figure out how to upgrade your stuff with the dwarf in the cave?

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Other gear: If it's like in the demo, you need to find the gear in a fixed place before you can find it lying around. Again, if it's like in the demo, the Gothic Aproon is at the stream at the end of the cave, and the Sailor Suit is at the city gate. Sorry for not giving a more compreshensve answer, but I'm limited in Internet and only just got the game...

The dwarf I can answer though. Talk to him, pick second option, and you can upgrade stuff.

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Other gear: If it's like in the demo, you need to find the gear in a fixed place before you can find it lying around. Again, if it's like in the demo, the Gothic Aproon is at the stream at the end of the cave, and the Sailor Suit is at the city gate. Sorry for not giving a more compreshensve answer, but I'm limited in Internet and only just got the game...

The dwarf I can answer though. Talk to him, pick second option, and you can upgrade stuff.
That the problem. I pick the second option then the upgrade menu and there is nothing there.