What's new

RPG RPG Maker [うさぎめしや / usabox] MaiDenSnow Eve / MaiDenSnow Eve ~さる前夜祭~ (RE115762, RJ115762)

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: MaiDenSnow Eve

Just looking at the picture I can tell that the mermaid shell is being worn as underwear. If the mermaid shell is worn on top, you cannot wear the stray cat at the same time. I've tried myself since I have my own set.
I can do the same and end up with the exact same graphic you have, but it's guaranteed that the mermaid shell inscription won't activate. If it does for yours, then it's one of the bugs with the english interface.

I'm going to assume it's an english interface problem, since I never have this one with the original Japanese. Also, you're using the wrong page to check for active properties. It should be the one accessible using the 'D' button by default and looking under the 2nd of 3 tabs to see what's active. If you can see both the minotaur's armour inscription along with the one you've got on your stray cat, then you can safely say they will both activate in combat.

Last edited:

CrownLustre

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Well I post like four picture there.
Ignore the Roland picture at the right, its not the decisive factor here.
- The first picture (item menu) shows the cat-suit and mermaid shell possessing the pareo. That's enough to say that the mermaid-shell was worn in full wear except disarmed.
- The second picture further state where the mermaid-shell inspection-menu shows the armor-type mermaids-shell, where if it was an underwear, it wouldn't show the water resist and mgc-def2 essence in the inspection. You can also see that I didn't take off the Cat-suit behind the inspection menu.
- The third picture shows the condition page where it describe the Flame barrier from mermaid-shell being active as counter.
- The fourth picture shows the bonus magic resist from cat-suit Black-goat and water-resist from mermaid-shell also being added.

Sorry that I didn't post the battle log or skill menu, since the Minos Daemon came from my cardinal robe, I had to re-load my (a bit) older save and continue from there. Like I said, it was risky going bottomless in BoE, and I haven't found other good inscription for the mermaid-shell yet.

Maybe the English interface have problem, but it sure is a delicious problem, if ya kno wa ai min ;) ;) ;).

Last edited:

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

1. Picture tells me a lot actually, since the mermaid shell worn in full would have the green shawl whereas yours has exactly the same picture as a mermaid shell worn as underwear.

2. Armour inspection menu is irrelevant, since even underwear when inspected will show which essences it has even if they aren't supposed to be active.

3. The condition page is irrelevant as I've mentioned before, I want to see the skill menu. For the record, my condition page only shows one active armour inscription.

4. Mermaid shell resistance to water attacks might work even when equipped as underwear, so for it to show in the English version makes no difference anyway.

My screenshots exceed the maximum allowed on this forum, so I've compressed them into a zip file. To get the menu I've shown, press D and navigate to the second tab.

For the record, my cardinal's robe has the Belle armour inscription while the mermaid shell I'm using as an example has the Wild Hunt armour inscription.
Because both my stray cat and my mermaid shell use the same armour inscription, I've used a different example to illustrate my point.

Another reason to avoid the english interface where possible, since it's glitchy and if it doesn't work as it says it ends up misleading players.

Attachments

Last edited:

CrownLustre

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

There ya go! :D
Good thing BoE doen't saves on base-save-files.

Again, sorry, I didn't have winzip, so I compress the file just like that. Hope you have a good eye-sight!
I had both Black Goat (4th column) and Minos Daemon (6th column) and Phantom (last column) in case you're suspecting Her uterus inscription.

Attachments

Last edited:

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's definitely a problem with the English interface then.

Good for you if you like to exploit the glitch. I'll stick to what I'm familiar with the original interface.

Yukihirou

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Do you mind sharing me this exploit Crown....uhm...-san?
It's not like I doubt you or anything but I have a good reason to believe in your way of making it happen since well.... I do mess with the game sometime to find bugs on my own (why I got to find the money making tip) to evade it in the future cuz I hate bug (not all, this one sounds super cool)
I'm just looking for a way to get both epicedium edge and crossfire but still now way yet, I still have to figure something out first tho.... *sigh*

edit: still... the idea of scavenging in BOE without underwear (a virgin nonetheless)... maybe... just maybe, seem like I've gotten yet a new challenge...

@dragon plaladin: after switching to makai
my evade: 90 - ~80,81 (still manageable)
my str: 42 - 16 (hope it gets better once I get to lv 10)
my mag: 106 - 91~94 (not a big deal)
res: the same
ac: a difference of 10 points lower (don't remember)

so all in all, my remark: I would get hit more often like, instead of 2/10 would land a hit ---> 4/10. My magic is still a-ok. My low str is the real concern here tho, how am I supposed to kill stuff it it's fucking low like this (hope it get better once I lv up), good thing I rely upon status alignment build :rolleyes:

edit 2: @Harley: My last run in forest cemetery stopped at floor 96, regrettably, I ran out of scroll so I can no longer face the constant big monster room anymore
say, when you got to floor 110 of BoE, did it have the same pattern of constant big monster house starting from floor 86 like everywhereelse ?

Last edited:

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

With the new mechanics to dungeon exploration, a combination of luck and avoiding all enemies for a time is the only way to stop the wave of big monster rooms in the higher dungeon levels.

CrownLustre

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Yuki-kun, I already post how to do it one or two pages back, I'm too lazy to search to tell which page it was.
It's basically almost the same way as the cheat money thingy, except you disarmed both lower-half. I can't remember the exact procedure that I use, but it shouldn't defer much to that regard.
You know it works once you see Pareo turns up as a part of the Mermaid-shell and Cat-suit equipment (and yeah, I only tried it with Mermaid-shell and Cat-suit).

It may sound cool, but you also lose a lot without skirt and short gain bonuses and protection. I'm considering not to use it.

By the way, was it your evade 90 or Agi 90? Evade 90 was hell high.

Last edited:

Yukihirou

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Yuki-kun, I already post how to do it one or two pages back, I'm too lazy to search to tell which page it was.
It's basically almost the same way as the cheat money thingy, except you disarmed both lower-half. I can't remember the exact procedure that I use, but it shouldn't defer much to that regard.
You know it works once you see Pareo turns up as a part of the Mermaid-shell and Cat-suit equipment (and yeah, I only tried it with Mermaid-shell and Cat-suit).

It may sound cool, but you also lose a lot without skirt and short gain bonuses and protection. I'm considering not to use it.

By the way, was it your evade 90 or Agi 90? Evade 90 was hell high.
Well.... can you... like... experience it again and tell me how it goes? I did just that ( I replaced Ink with repair scroll since I don't have Ink atm) and it didn't work 0_0

And yes, In normal, I have 85-90 agi at lv 80 , once I went full makai, it's like 76 -81 0_0 (I doubt i'll have 90 evade back again even if I reach lv 99 by going to... let's say... floor 200 extreme makai)
@Harley: I haven't even gotten a single para2 equipment yet and you're telling me to just run away and leave the loot untouched ? Is luck the only thing I have left to rely on ?

Last edited:

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I hope the new players know that in Daimakyou difficulty you ALWAYS start off at level 1 once you exit and re-enter a dungeon. There's also not much point aiming for level 99 in a single run since character level-up stats are more or less maxed out by level 50.

My strategy for the border forest is as follows:

1. Scout around, kill everything in sight.
2. Look for lantern traps.
3. Step on a lantern trap if found, then look for the nearest exit and leave.
4. If no lantern trap on the floor in question, find the nearest exit and use a map scroll before leaving.

I won't pick up anything from the ground unless it helps survival (elixirs, bullets) or is an inscription item which I like and/or currently lack in my collection.

Right around level 80+ is when the game starts throwing big monster rooms at me in consecutive waves. My best at this point (considering monster levels don't reset in the forest) is 3 in a row with bosses turning up twice consecutively. I never chance it when my equipment is close to breaking so first chance I have with a map containing vortexes I leave for the safehouse.

The only good thing about the border forest is I've never seen vortexes appear in the same map as a huge monster room, so it's a small improvement from surviving the hordes of monsters late on.

Aarkken

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Started replaying this again after that last patch a week or two ago.

I want to try a gun build, but can't pull myself away from the glorious riposte and Protectors oath.

I am trying to get the Alternate, is it viable as a melee weapon that can turn into a gun when I need it and not suck, I think it's about the only weapon I haven't had access too thanks to the essence it needs.

If only you could use guns and have protectors oath, I think I rely on it too much.

Yukihirou

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I hope the new players know that in Daimakyou difficulty you ALWAYS start off at level 1 once you exit and re-enter a dungeon. There's also not much point aiming for level 99 in a single run since character level-up stats are more or less maxed out by level 50.

My strategy for the border forest is as follows:

1. Scout around, kill everything in sight.
2. Look for lantern traps.
3. Step on a lantern trap if found, then look for the nearest exit and leave.
4. If no lantern trap on the floor in question, find the nearest exit and use a map scroll before leaving.

I won't pick up anything from the ground unless it helps survival (elixirs, bullets) or is an inscription item which I like and/or currently lack in my collection.

Right around level 80+ is when the game starts throwing big monster rooms at me in consecutive waves. My best at this point (considering monster levels don't reset in the forest) is 3 in a row with bosses turning up twice consecutively. I never chance it when my equipment is close to breaking so first chance I have with a map containing vortexes I leave for the safehouse.

The only good thing about the border forest is I've never seen vortexes appear in the same map as a huge monster room, so it's a small improvement from surviving the hordes of monsters late on.
Then how the hell did the guy who reached floor 200 BoE months ago did that with consecutive big monster room with boss turning up :confused:

@Aarkken: If you are just having fun and only want to experience the story/flow of the game and reach the ending and then call it mission success then you're welcome to use any combination you like, but if you want to experience the game the way it's intended to be then you're likely have to make your own build and mix match based on your own reference.
Take a look of the first page and see if any build catch your eyes

edit: now that I think about it, 96 floors, and Invoker essence drop right on the last floor, maybe that's the main trigger for my retreat... I'm such a coward *sigh*

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@Yukihirou
Take a screenshot of the status page for me. (Use the stats page) Use jpg format so the forum doesn't make your image smaller.

I am curious on how you are reaching 94 magic in Makai and still maintaining 80 dodge. 80 dodge and 94 magic is hell-impressive in makai. Note that strength wouldn't matter if you use guns. How's your dex looking?
---
In terms of getting better once you level up, Makai's stats increase is nerfed.
Instead of gaining 10 str at Lv11, you gain 6 str in Makai.
Refer to:
---
I am trying to get the Alternate, is it viable as a melee weapon that can turn into a gun when I need it and not suck, I think it's about the only weapon I haven't had access too thanks to the essence it needs.
Alternative is not a melee weapon I am afraid. So your are out of luck in the protector's oath department.

Last edited:

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Then how the hell did the guy who reached floor 200 BoE months ago did that with consecutive big monster room with boss turning up :confused:
The record is floor 350. There's only one build that can pull this off (basically all-out offence) and a combination of one confusion scroll, one judgement scroll and the MaidenSnow ability.

Yukihirou

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Take a screenshot of the status page for me. (Use the stats page) Use jpg format so the forum doesn't make your image smaller.

I am curious on how you are reaching 94 magic in Makai and still maintaining 80 dodge. 80 dodge and 94 magic is hell-impressive in makai. Note that strength wouldn't matter if you use guns. How's your dex looking?
---
In terms of getting better once you level up, Makai's stats increase is nerfed.
Instead of gaining 10 str at Lv11, you gain 6 str in Makai.
Refer to below

Alternative is not a melee weapon I am afraid. So your are out of luck in the protector's oath department.
nope nope, nothing like that :)
80 evade when I go with my agi build, and 94 magic when I swap agi weapon with spi weapon , not 94 magic and 80 dodge at the same time.
But let me experience a bit to see if I can get 70 evade with 100 magic (hope I have enough essence on hand)
pics later.
@ Harley: if so, why not one hypno or 2 hypno scrolls instead of one confusion and one judgement, get thing done, and you can go all out defense and status resist ???
oh, if so, then what is the record for normal map (don't have the hut to restock on scrolls)

Last edited:

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If you use a sleep scroll, then the judgement scroll wakes everyone up and players have to survive one round of attacks from all of the surrounding enemies. At higher levels, this is not an option since they hit so very hard; hence the confuse scroll to hopefully reduce the number of attacks to 1-2 rather than 8-10. The clincher as always is the maidensnow ability, it is IMPOSSIBLE to get far without using this ability and relying on equipment and innate stats to pull through.

350 IS the record for a normal map, I think the hard-core players in Japan can pull off something close to 300 in the forest. At floor level 350, apparently players have witnessed monster levels in excess of four digits.

Yukihirou

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

If you use a sleep scroll, then the judgement scroll wakes everyone up and players have to survive one round of attacks from all of the surrounding enemies. At higher levels, this is not an option since they hit so very hard; hence the confuse scroll to hopefully reduce the number of attacks to 1-2 rather than 8-10. The clincher as always is the maidensnow ability, it is IMPOSSIBLE to get far without using this ability and relying on equipment and innate stats to pull through.

350 IS the record for a normal map, I think the hard-core players in Japan can pull off something close to 300 in the forest. At floor level 350, apparently players have witnessed monster levels in excess of four digits.
really strange, confusion scroll don't grow on tree so how can they survive that long on normal map? 0_0
and by using hypno I mean, just by using one hypno scroll, you get 20-30 free turn to escape from enemies and advance to next floor easily.
not to mention the degrading state of weapons (not talking about armors, let's just say they play it safe and don't get hit), where would they find repair scroll that much easily ?
oh and Dragonpaladin, here is the screenshot with only 90 magic and 70 evade, seem like the glorious days with over 100 magic and 80 evade is gone

Attachments

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Confusion scrolls are quite common from my experience, I pick up on on average every 5-10 floors in the border forest. As for repair scrolls, I have 15+ of both types sitting in my storage chest while hard-core players have the inventory space to carry 1-2 at all times.

You can't run forever when you get to three digits in the border forest, plus the whole reason for making it that far is for the loot the high-level enemies drop. Mythical equipment like multiple red essence weapons at level 3 and something like a vitality 3 silver 2 armour is only available at the very highest floors, the only way to get those is to loot the monster rooms when everything has been cleared.

The strategy I spoke of works because it uses almost no durability for weapons.

Yukihirou

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Confusion scrolls are quite common from my experience, I pick up on on average every 5-10 floors in the border forest. As for repair scrolls, I have 15+ of both types sitting in my storage chest while hard-core players have the inventory space to carry 1-2 at all times.

You can't run forever when you get to three digits in the border forest, plus the whole reason for making it that far is for the loot the high-level enemies drop. Mythical equipment like multiple red essence weapons at level 3 and something like a vitality 3 silver 2 armour is only available at the very highest floors, the only way to get those is to loot the monster rooms when everything has been cleared.

The strategy I spoke of works because it uses almost no durability for weapons.
ok... ok... this tickle my sense of curiosity, maybe I just figure out what i'm going to do this summer
so after a bit of calculation, the difference between normal and makai distribution of points is a difference of 10 points in every stats except for res,endurance once you reach lv 20...

Last edited:

Aarkken

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

@Yukihirou
I have already beaten and beaten off to all the bosses, and any time I try the Border I either get fucked in the border or before I get to it due so some mistake on my part or a complete change in what I want to do.

@Dragonpaladin
So I suppose that dashes any hopes of a gunblade, so is the Alternate just a gun with better melee compared to other guns?

In regards to a build is it possible to make a build that makes you a fortress, maybe lacking in damage but if you get hit you can just not care, or is it just not worth it, talking normal dungeons / early border because I am too scrub for anything further at the moment.