What's new

RPG RPG Maker [うさぎめしや / usabox] MaiDenSnow Eve / MaiDenSnow Eve ~さる前夜祭~ (RE115762, RJ115762)

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: MaiDenSnow Eve

The Alternate is basically an ordinary rifle but with a very nice range-2 melee option. Players make up for the lack of slots with a melee attack more powerful than anything bar a fully-decked knuckle duster.

The requirements are a bit stiff since not everyone likes running Belle for the required essences.

Yukihirou

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

@Yukihirou
I have already beaten and beaten off to all the bosses, and any time I try the Border I either get fucked in the border or before I get to it due so some mistake on my part or a complete change in what I want to do.

@Dragonpaladin
So I suppose that dashes any hopes of a gunblade, so is the Alternate just a gun with better melee compared to other guns?

In regards to a build is it possible to make a build that makes you a fortress, maybe lacking in damage but if you get hit you can just not care, or is it just not worth it, talking normal dungeons / early border because I am too scrub for anything further at the moment.
yeah, everyone here tastes bitter defeat there already, fun isn't it xD, so you gotta plan your move first hand and prepare to spread havoc there again.

about Alternative, it's in the core a witch/wizard killer gun (kill in the sense of shutting them up), very practical in the corridor, but not so much in big monster room.

And you can have high defense all you want, 3 hit from purple mushroom ero skill and you're goner, paralyzed by a bunch of arachne then you're goner, let someone get behind you while you're knocked down and you're goner too....

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

High-defence builds are doable, but they rely heavily on equipment and players can't be careless when in the field.

Prior to shifting to a stray cat, my build using a cardinal's robe was focused on defence. It worked quite well since I could take hits even when surrounded but as soon as the equipment started to deteriorate so did my stats.

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The Alternate is basically an ordinary rifle but with a very nice range-2 melee option. Players make up for the lack of slots with a melee attack more powerful than anything bar a fully-decked knuckle duster.
And a full-decked out knuckle duster ruins even burial blades in terms of normal attack damage (AND skill damage at range of 1)
It also criticals like a maniac <3

So I suppose that dashes any hopes of a gunblade, so is the Alternate just a gun with better melee compared to other guns?
Alternative requires both skill and strength stats, hence it's actually one of the harder weapons to use properly. Due to shutter enchant (50% magic) and with magi-tech 2 (20% magic and applies to both), magic is actually king when it comes to alternative.

Gunblade - Vanguard Lancer & Force Launcher actually. But still no protector's oath.

here is the screenshot with only 90 magic and 70 evade, seem like the glorious days with over 100 magic and 80 evade is gone
That's still hell impressive. Even if you had to use agi and library essence to do it.

Stick with Harley's status alignment build though, your strength and dex is indeed low.

Yukihirou

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

And a full-decked out knuckle duster ruins even burial blades in terms of normal attack damage (AND skill damage at range of 1)
It also criticals like a maniac <3

Alternative requires both skill and strength stats, hence it's actually one of the harder weapons to use properly. Due to shutter enchant (50% magic) and with magi-tech 2 (20% magic and applies to both), magic is actually king when it comes to alternative.

Gunblade - Vanguard Lancer & Force Launcher actually. But still no protector's oath.

That's still hell impressive. Even if you had to use agi and library essence to do it.

Stick with Harley's status alignment build though, your strength and dex is indeed low.
Say Dragonpaladin, in Makai, how many golden stars can you get for a single piece of equipment ?

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Arguably 99, doesn't do anything after 40.

Stars just let you reduce the effect of negative stats.
For example, at max, you are looking at -75% reduction on negative stats.

i.e.
+20 Magic --> +20 Magic
-10 Strength -> -2.5 Strength

So it's useful for some gears and completely useless for others.

Yukihirou

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Arguably 99, doesn't do anything after 40.

Stars just let you reduce the effect of negative stats.
For example, at max, you are looking at -75% reduction on negative stats.

i.e.
+20 Magic --> +20 Magic
-10 Strength -> -2.5 Strength

So it's useful for some gears and completely useless for others.
thank, I just figure out something interesting, i'll test it out and see how well it goes first tho... a little bit of calculation won't hurt I guess

Aarkken

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for the replies.

I guess I will stick to farming for the Alternate for now at least try it out.

Would it be a good weapon to use with a build similar to draa's magic build?
I used a similar build ages ago but with glorious melee, got brick walled by that pretty much mandatory essence which comes off black knights I think.

OP
lazycat

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

Thanks for the replies.

I guess I will stick to farming for the Alternate for now at least try it out.

I used a similar build ages ago but with glorious melee, got brick walled by that pretty much mandatory essence which comes off black knights I think.
There's no reason to not use Invoker essence when running magic build really :v

Element
Invoker
Magic 3
Maybe silver

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@Yukihirou
I highly suggest gunner's broom for you. It would be a better ranged weapon than every other weapon in game. 10% from clock's engine, 30% from gunner's broom, 20% from invoker, and 10% from mithirl bullet.
(@90 Magic, that's +63 attack)

Add in gunner's broom has +1.35 attack, giving you over 2.35 attacks (2 attacks and 35% more chance to attack again)

Best of all it's a 3 slot, so Elem 3, invoker, and another status alignment essence is possible.

Yes, Alternative works best with general build and magic build. Arguably, due to magic build can proc off invoker, mithirl bullet, and shutter enchant, it's better.

Alternative only has 2 slots btw lazycat
In my opinion, best is Mithirl 2 + Invoker for alternative. Use that holy enchant and kill stuff with shutter enchant. Despite lack of Elem proc, it makes your weapon elem independent and can farm for a long long time (since holy enchant also reduces dura wear)

At least, that's what I am aimming for. Never seen a single mithirl 2 rifle during my runs though *tears*

Last edited:

Yukihirou

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

@Yukihirou
I highly suggest gunner's broom for you. It would be a better ranged weapon than every other weapon in game. 10% from clock's engine, 30% from gunner's broom, 20% from invoker, and 10% from mithirl bullet.
(@90 Magic, that's +63 attack)

Add in gunner's broom has +1.35 attack, giving you over 2.35 attacks (2 attacks and 35% more chance to attack again)

Best of all it's a 3 slot, so Elem 3, invoker, and another status alignment essence is possible.

Yes, Alternative works best with general build and magic build. Arguably, due to magic build can proc off invoker, mithirl bullet, and shutter enchant, it's better.

Alternative only has 2 slots btw lazycat
In my opinion, best is Mithirl 2 + Invoker for alternative. Use that holy enchant and kill stuff with shutter enchant. Despite lack of Elem proc, it makes your weapon elem independent and can farm for a long long time (since holy enchant also reduces dura wear)

At least, that's what I am aimming for. Never seen a single mithirl 2 rifle during my runs though *tears*
My dear friend, I already had it with all the essence needed, but the problem is I only use it to 2-3 shot ko the count since he is so weak to magic and to clear Iron Jack or the like... outside of that tho... it burns durability like :rolleyes:
anyways, once I settle down with my assignment this week I'll get to BoE extreme makai to see how far i'll go *sigh*

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

My dear friend, I already had it with all the essence needed, but the problem is I only use it to 2-3 shot ko the count since he is so weak to magic and to clear Iron Jack or the like... outside of that tho... it burns durability like
That's what holy enchant is for *laughs*
See why I want a mithiral 2 Alternative?

Anyways, despite being a magic build, I never use gunner's broom.
Automatic is just so much better for me and I am not about to switch. (That and feather-duster)

Yukihirou

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

That's what holy enchant is for *laughs*
See why I want a mithiral 2 Alternative?

Anyways, despite being a magic build, I never use gunner's broom.
Automatic is just so much better for me and I am not about to switch. (That and feather-duster)
say Dragonpaladin, what Harley told me, about some hardcore japanese guys made it to floor 300 or so (not in BoE) ... I hardly believe it

If it's in BoE then it's believable thank to the hut but on normal run, saving and reloading won't change the layout of the next map, resource is limited, how can they pull it off? not to mention equipment degrading... *sigh*
when I heard 300, I though monster :eek:

I just can't figure it out, not like I can go to the wiki and ask them out since I know not Jap *sigh*
anyways, count on it, I'll make it to floor 80 of BoE extreme makai and stop before the big monster wave crush me, no idea when tho....

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

when I heard 300, I though monster
Above is real, it's time consuming but do-able with the right build.

I have seen a screenshot of mobs with over Lv600? like it's nothing, and that guy's on floor 300ish. (Hard battle = 3 enemies and he caught in the middle *laughs* when mobs have over x hp, you bet it's hard)

Some things to note:
The guy did it in the starting forest. The mobs in there are limited in terms of variety, and he's got a poison+stun lock based build which does DoT on mobs.

Followed by maiden snow abuse.

In terms of equipment degrading, defense helps with the speed of degrading. But, 1hkoing without getting hurt makes things a lot more plausible. The most hilarious part of it is that the guy did it before inscription came out.
---
Note, we were pretty damn sure the guy save-scummed, to reach that high on a normal map without save-scumming was impossible. (Guidance thread is a trap in that sense)

Rants:
I still recall I was on floor 30ish, got a good full-slot clothing, and then made a save just in case.
Yup, stepped onto those orb (memory) trap and got instant-downed before I got out. = =
Also the only time I made a back-up, since this is a rogue game and I play it as it's meant to be.

Last edited:

Yukihirou

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I...I see...
It actually make sense !! If he rely on save scumming, he could know the loadout of the map beforehand and how the enemies move around plus the items that existed in that floor, he just have to use the same type of item (per ex: map has 3 scroll of punishment, and he knows where monster room is, he just have to use those 3 scroll without just outside the room and let maiden snow end them and restock with 3 scroll in the map)
so that explain why without the hut he could still make it...

oh and I think he tried really hard cuz if I remember correctly, us player can't deal deadly poison on enemies, if it's possible we could finish each mop in less than 4 turn. Boss don't even have resistance againt poison...

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If he rely on save scumming, he could know the loadout of the map beforehand and how the enemies move around plus the items that existed in that floor, he just have to use the same type of item (per ex: map has 3 scroll of punishment, and he knows where monster room is, he just have to use those 3 scroll without just outside the room and let maiden snow end them and restock with 3 scroll in the map)
Doesn't work that way xD

If it's a huge monster room it's a huge monster room. Now imagine huge monster room filled with Lv600+ mobs. i.e. save-scum only save you from accidents, it doesn't help you against Lv600+ mobs every where.
It does prevent that player from restart from floor 1 just because of a random trap or unlucky RNG though.

Yukihirou

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Doesn't work that way xD

If it's a huge monster room it's a huge monster room. Now imagine huge monster room filled with Lv600+ mobs. i.e. save-scum only save you from accidents, it doesn't help you against Lv600+ mobs every where.
It does prevent that player from restart from floor 1 just because of a random trap or unlucky RNG though.
And I just realized after some calculation that 600+ lv ~= over 2000 hp with the big mob, and oveer 1000 hp with normal mop, boss will be around 3000 hp.... :eek:

Ok, I dig poison build :rolleyes:
One question tho, why stun and not paralyze ?
Paralyze > stun cuz it lasts longer, deal knockdown ---> deal crit

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Stun-lock is a general term.

Anything that prevent the enemy from attacking you is considered stun-lock, that or kiting. (Though maidensnow's kiting is hard)

Also, why am I even explaining stun-lock? = =

Yukihirou

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Stun-lock is a general term.

Anything that prevent the enemy from attacking you is considered stun-lock, that or kiting. (Though maidensnow's kiting is hard)

Also, why am I even explaining stun-lock? = =
Cuz i'm not native english user, isn't that obvious ;)
tk pal
P/S: Isn't kiting a mmorpg term to design someone who help luring enemies away or toward some goal ???
edit: did my research on kiting, whew...

Last edited:

Aarkken

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Already getting attached to my swords again came across one of my old nightstalkers... stinger followed by a barrage of ice spears is too good.

Does anyone ever use the Retry option on gameover?
It seems kind of pointless to me a lot of the time it drops me in an area where I get gangbanged into another gameover or with no weapon which results in the same.