What's new

RPG [Vanja] Witchcraft II

Raxon66

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Witchcraft II

Pretty much, and when someone offered to pm the games, the posts in the thread degenerated into lurkers clawing through the walls and demanding to PM ME THE GAME, PLEASE and no discussion regarding the games happened in the thread from then on.
Well, that's why most of these threads gets shut down or locked in the end. Lots of people not caring to bother with the forum rules. I recommend that people read DarkFire's post further up, and try to stick with talking strictly about the game instead of derailing the thread with other stuff.

Altough I found Witchcraft 2 to be lacking (probably mostly because it felt very repititive) I have yet to give her any advice on what to do differently if she'll make a third one. More side-quests or something, maybe? I've talked to her a few times on e-mail regarding some of her other projects, and she's actually really nice and every time I've given her some critique or suggestions she always appreciated it. If any of you have some suggestions for her on ways to improve, I'm fairly certain she'd love to hear it :)

The main "new" thing I really liked about Witchcraft 2, is that Lilybell can transform into a futa and screw her enemies. Other than that, it was a lot of the same as the first (blowjob, titjob, anal sex, cunnilingus and so on). Also, while the new characters here were nice, I still actually liked the characters from the first game better.

Lumino

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Only one of her games I actually liked, and felt well made, was 'Running Raccoon'. Fun little game, simple controls but decent challenge, and good art. It was a good one to play, but not worth the membership fee for all the bad and buggy games.

ROTLOT was a perfect example of NO thought put into the actual programing of the game. The art and animation was decent, but the game was riddled with glitches and incredible gameplay flaws. Sub Par at best.

DoggieDog52

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The main "new" thing I really liked about Witchcraft 2, is that Lilybell can transform into a futa and screw her enemies.
:eek:

Ahhhhhhhh now I REALLY want to buy it! Reverse rape is one of my favorite fetishes; combined with futa, oh man.

imercenary

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

There's something up with the way Vanja's games are designed, or at least the action games. The last major game I played, the tentacle one, had this one incredibly glaring problem: though it had save states, it was possible to have a game save be forever incomplete if the player didn't get hit by a boss' particular H attack. You could not fight a boss again without starting a new game from the beginning.

I don't know any other game that uses saves that can lead to screwing yourself over in such a way. The art is not bad, it's just the programming seems...not thought out well enough?
This is off topic but, Lightning Warrior Raidy 2 had a similar screw-up. You could get items in the game that would view (and unlock) H scenes (I think there were 3 or 4 of them). But at a certain point in the game you lose all items, permanently, so if you didn't view the scene and the item was in your inventory when you passed the "lose all items" point (in theory you could skip them and backtrack for them later), you had to load an earlier save/start all over/use someone else's 100% save.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

As far as I know, Lilibell got a penis in the first game too after some magic or something. Maybe I'm wrong.

I have all of Vanja's games up to Witchcraft 2. But I'm not sharing it. I usually join her site after she's made a couple of games, but it's gone from a game a month to only animations being updates.

Maybe she's tired, maybe the next game is huge, maybe her site isn't doing so well and she can't continue her work. I dunno.

Do not PM me asking for these games, I'm not going to share them.

Raxon66

Demon Girl
Reputation score

As far as I know, Lilibell got a penis in the first game too after some magic or something. Maybe I'm wrong.
I don't think I've seen Lilybell as a futa in the first game..there's this lamia (Pashina) that's futa, is all I remember. Then again, it's a while since I played that one.

Maybe she's tired, maybe the next game is huge, maybe her site isn't doing so well and she can't continue her work. I dunno.
I'm currently a member on Ero-Mania and she's been writing several posts on her blog there about the upcoming game, one called Medusa's slave. It looks like she's working very hard on it, and from the screenshots she posted it appears it will have both turn-based sex animations (just like in the Witchcraft games) and animated sprite sex too. So I guess that keeps her quite busy.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

Ah yes. I'm waiting for the Medusa game to come out before joining again, that way I can get Witchcraft 2 and the Medusa game. I like returning after she's stocked up a few games. It's good to have a lot of content to go back to, and honestly I like her very simple art.

Learch

Lurker
Reputation score

This is off topic but, Lightning Warrior Raidy 2 had a similar screw-up. You could get items in the game that would view (and unlock) H scenes (I think there were 3 or 4 of them). But at a certain point in the game you lose all items, permanently, so if you didn't view the scene and the item was in your inventory when you passed the "lose all items" point (in theory you could skip them and backtrack for them later), you had to load an earlier save/start all over/use someone else's 100% save.
Actually, you could backtrack for them even if you'd picked them up earlier. It seems that when you entered the room, the game asked "Does the character have the item in this room"? instead of "Was the item picked up?"

A perfect example of "It's not a bug, it's a feature!"

kenshin6671

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I've actually been meaning to make a torrent of the stuff I got up the Tentacle World game. I tried to get the stuff since then after Witchcraft II was out but my card doesn't like whatever sign up thing the site uses now. Maybe this weekend I'll get that torrent together but I guess I won't post it here at all

molitar

Lurker
Reputation score

If you ONLY want a discussion thread than I ask to have some COURTESY and title it appropriately! I keep forgetting when I come to look for new games click on link and curse you under my breath for not titling it properly! It should be titled something to that affect! Witchcraft II Discussion Only!

If a game is not being shared I have absolutely no interest in discussing the game which means I do not want to click on the link when I check out new posts everyday. So please re-title this thread properly as discussion only so I don't keep wasting my time clicking on it.

I think you should of realized the title was deceptive when you started the entire thread with.. "Can we have a civilized discussion about it instead of spamming download requests?"

kenshin6671

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Can anyone actually prove they can somehow track files besides that threat on the page? Like if this was possible why doesn't every other website in the world use it?

Learch

Lurker
Reputation score

Can anyone actually prove they can somehow track files besides that threat on the page? Like if this was possible why doesn't every other website in the world use it?
It is a trivial task to write identifying information (an account number, for instance) into files downloaded from your site. This is perhaps what Vanja does. It's possible to create code that does nothing in a .exe (which is what Vanja's games come as) and it is also easy to tack such information at the end of a .jpg using basic techniques of steganography (I don't know if this is what Vanja's art comes as, but it works as an example).

In other words, Vanja can track files back to the original account, and it's easy.

As for why there are sites that don't do this...Such security is easily defeated by a mediocre hacker: All you have to do is figure out where that information is and write over it. (My mildly educated guess is that getting two of the same file from different accounts and finding the differences in them will enable you to do this.)

So, yes, Vanja can do it, but people sometimes don't bother with such techniques because even a below-average CS major can defeat them.

kenshin6671

Demon Girl
Reputation score

It is a trivial task to write identifying information (an account number, for instance) into files downloaded from your site. This is perhaps what Vanja does. It's possible to create code that does nothing in a .exe (which is what Vanja's games come as) and it is also easy to tack such information at the end of a .jpg using basic techniques of steganography (I don't know if this is what Vanja's art comes as, but it works as an example).

In other words, Vanja can track files back to the original account, and it's easy.

As for why there are sites that don't do this...Such security is easily defeated by a mediocre hacker: All you have to do is figure out where that information is and write over it. (My mildly educated guess is that getting two of the same file from different accounts and finding the differences in them will enable you to do this.)

So, yes, Vanja can do it, but people sometimes don't bother with such techniques because even a below-average CS major can defeat them.
Yea you could do it for individual files but how are you going to do it for every file for every individual person at once? And you have to make sure they're all unique identifiers too. I don't see how it would viable if you had to worry about hundreds(?) of people at once

reddo

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Yea you could do it for individual files but how are you going to do it for every file for every individual person at once? And you have to make sure they're all unique identifiers too. I don't see how it would viable if you had to worry about hundreds(?) of people at once
It's certainly automated.

That or she has very, very few subscribers.

And perhaps it's just a bluff.

Learch

Lurker
Reputation score

What? No, what I was suggesting would be implemented by the person who originally downloaded the file. This way the file they share with other people has their unique identifier written over, so that everyone gets the file that doesn't have a unique identifier.

1) Person A downloads legit file from Vanja.
2) Person A somehow deletes the unique identifier from his copy (by writing over it with junk).
3) Person A shares the (now not-legit) file with the internet, which Vanja can't track back to anyone.
4) Everyone except Person A gets a file that can't be traced back to Person A.

This scheme probably defeats whatever Vanja came up. This is an example why a non-negligible number of companies don't bother with copyright protection; in general, it's easily defeated.

Of course, if your product is mediocre and your market isn't sharp enough to realize that there's better work out there, then you can rest assured that nobody who actually cares about your work will be intelligent enough to do the above.

And now to root us back into the topic: I'm not exactly excited for this. Vanja is to Toonpimp as a pinprick is to a knife wound. Getting stabbed is certainly painful, but a pinprick is not exactly desirable either.

DoggieDog52

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Eh I dunno. I enjoyed the first Witchcraft but it just felt so short. The newer one based on the preview images on the site look like it's a lot longer and covers a few more fetishes so I look forward to that. If only I could just buy the game, I would be so happy just to test it out myself to see how it stacks up to the original. I already like the story a bit more based on the demo.

ZhouTai

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Nobody is forcing you to be a member forever. One month and you can DL all the games you want for your own enjoyment and really its not breaking the bank and to be honest what you get is worth the one month membership.

Last I heard Vanja already contacted the site to request things be blacklisted anyway, and Yes there is a system where uploads get taken down insanely quick.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

I remember being a member and her posting up plans to prevent piracy of her games. I forgot the details, but she's doing a pretty good job. Whether people like them or hate them, people want them, and not a lot of people have them. They are near impossible to get without a membership or directly contacting someone with a membership, who will then be blacklisted for sharing.

Like Zhou Tai mentioned, paying for one month, non-recurring and downloading all the games, animations and pictures you like is worth it. Especially if you've never been on her site, which gives you all her games up until now.

I'm just waiting a few months more because I want that Medusa game, and maybe a second game with that as well. Lately she's only doing animations, and that's not going to get me to join again, as cute as they are.