What's new

Venus Blood Ragnarok

PrivateEyes

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: Venus Blood Ragnarok

Wait, there's a new game coming out?!

I thought Hypno was going to be the last game? (I heard the reason was because the one person doing all the shit for the series was going blind or something)

OP
A

Azope

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I thought Hypno was going to be the last game? (I heard the reason was because the one person doing all the shit for the series was going blind or something)
I dont know but i realy don't think some one make the full game and so even if it the case they can have make someone different for make the game or can be a urban legend

sonata-s

Sex Demon
Reputation score

They definitely did say that.

... And then Gears of Dragoon 2 sucked like Gears of Dragoon 1 did so now we're back to good games.

Hopeful Death

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I think Hypno was originally going to be the last one but they're kind of in trouble at the moment. They had 2 different game projects that ended up falling through because of a combination of management issues and lack of developer confidence(they just moved to Unity and they're still getting their grounds with the engine) so they had to fallback on sequels(Gears of Dragoon 2 and Venus Blood Ragnarok which is basically Venus Blood Frontier 2) because they didn't want to strike out on something new when they were still unfamiliar with Unity. If you noticed, there hasn't been much new information about Ragnarok coming out, most probably because there actually isn't much added or changed to it to begin with. It's definitely looking to be the entry in the series with the least amount of evolution. Some may even consider the lack of Legion battles to be a de-evolution but personally I think I prefer them gone.

Will they finally add a sort/filter option to search for specific abilities ?
Also VenusBlood likes to recycle characters' design, I wouldn't read too much into people looking like someone else in other games.
Considering Hypno already has the option to literally just search for specific abilities, I doubt they'll bother adding something like that.

Not sure what you mean by recycling character designs(or is that just a stab at the easily distinguishable artistic style?) but I can't really think of a reused design. Heimdall is literally just Regret.

Don't know what to make of Ymir though. It's spelled differently after all. I don't think they'd bother changing the spelling if they wanted you to make that connection.

Also also hope that you don't have to kill the first game's protagonist, I can see he's a character in this but I hate when sequels pull that shit.
Frontier's story sucking was 80% his fault though, go ahead and kill him. Well, Loki was the worst protagonist but turning him into a cocky shota is actually kind of clever because it sort of lampshades his flaws from Frontier.

I think it'll probably be something like you end up enemies on the chaos route but allies on the law route. You may end up killing him on chaos, I wouldn't be too surprised. I don't think they'll go that far though.

Last edited:

Hopeful Death

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Game delayed to 12/16/2016.

No surprise really considering the trial wasn't even out yet.

Last edited:

ragm54

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

It really fucks me how much I'm gonna like the Venus Blood series, with corruption, breeding, actual solid gameplay but I can't play any of them because there is no translation. Nada de nada.

I really should learn moonspeak one of this days.

sonata-s

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I just combo text hooking software, auto-translators and the wikis. Works well enough for the most part.

Also, easy mode.

kusobaba

Reputation score

there was a partial translation for Empire, translating the interface of the game and the choice. You still don't know the story though

Hopeful Death

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

They released a gameplay video with the trial supposed to be coming in less than a week.

Personally I'm kind of disappointed since for me, the ideal was to combine the element from Hypno of placing units inside cities to defend them and the keep all your properties and alter them as you see fit element from Frontier. The best of both worlds, imo. Instead they've done the opposite and combined the Hypno element of resetting all your properties with each chapter(and you can't alter them or anything) with the Frontier element of just selecting whatever group you want to attack without having to worry about placing them in cities and stuff. For me it's like they've combined the weakest element of Hypno with the weakest element of Frontier. I'm sure there are people that would disagree though. it'll be a decent game but it sucks to see them go the complete opposite direction of my expectations lol.

The battle load times are also a bit jarring considering they border on 10 whole seconds. They really couldn't cut that down a little? Hopefully it'll be alleviated with a patch or something(or maybe just by using a SSD) Battles themselves feel a little sluggish but there will doubtlessly be an option to speed them up so that's not an issue.

OP
A

Azope

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Venus Blood Ragnarok 13h

i just seen they give the a new trial and start to download but for now that will take 13 houre :mad: for only 672 MB it not my connection because i start a stream for know if i have problem and the stream of 700 mb was ready in less that one minute and it don't change the time for the download

OP
A

Azope

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Since i am tired to waiting i decided to start to translated the first dialogue to japaness to french to english for pass time here the translating :

* = not sure at all of translations
Jap ルナよ。『VenusBlood-RAGNAROK-』の特設ページを見ていて思ったのじゃが、世界観やあらすじが、なんとなく小難しいと思わんか?

FRA :eh runa je pensait voir une page special Venus blood ragnarok car le synopsis et le monde est un peu confut

ENG :Hai runa i think seen a special page about Venus blood ragnarok because the synopis and world is a little hard to imagined

J同意。ユグドラシルや。オーディンなど。よくわからない。単語が。散見される。

F Je suis d'accord: ygrid, odin je ne comprend pas que des mot compliqué de ci de là.

E I agreed : ygrid,odin... i don' understand all is complicated word here and here.

J今作の『VenusBlood-RAGNAROK-』、通称VBRは、シリーズ6作目に当たる『VenusBlood-FRONTIER-』、通称VBFの後の世界が舞台だからな。初見では戸惑うところがあるかもしれん。

F Le travail actuel venus blood ragnarok racoursie en VBR est le 6e de la serie venus blood.IL est la suite de venus blood frontiers et se passe dans le future de ce monde

E The actual work is venus blood ragnarok abridged VBR it the 6th of venus blood serie and take place in same world of venus blood frontiers (in futur)

Jおわっ、なんじゃ、おぬしは?

F? "pas sur du tout, peut être" Qui est omushi?*

E? "not sure at all, maibe " who is omushi*

疑惑。この子供。どこかで。見たことがあるような。

F. Cette enfant est louche. où est ce que je l'ai déja vus?

E That is a weird kind. where did i meet him beford?

J俺はロキ。世話の焼ける貴様らに、今作VBRの世界観を解説してやろう。

F Je suis loki . [Parlons de ce monde. Ce travaille VBR a propos de ce monde.]*

E I am loki. [talking about world.This work world talking about]*

Jロキじゃと? うむむ……ますます知っている顔の気がするのう。
(the mascot of ninetail is hard to understand for me the dualtail mascot and loki is a lot more easy to understand)

F Loki donc ? [???]*

E You are Loki ? [???]*

J 名称。確か。VBFの主人公が。ロキという名前だった。気がする。

F Ce noms . c'est vrai le protagoniste de VBF s'appelai Loki si je ne me trompe

E This name. It true the name of VBF protagonist was loki if i remember.

J 貴様が言っているのは、覇王ロキのことだろう。女神達を従え、地上にアースガルズ皇国を興した伝説的な王……、さっき触れたVBFの主人公だった男だ。

F Vous avez raison:le seigneur s'appelait loki.[Après les déesse]* il a été l'empereur d'ascade le roi légendaire. Il était L'HOMME de l'épisode VBF

E Yes you are right he was the verlors.[after the goodness] he was the emperor of ascard the legendary king. he was THE MAN of VBF

J 想起。確かに。私たちの知っているロキは。もう少し大人だった。

F Mémoire.Je vous asure que nous connaison Loki. Mais ilétait un peu plus adulte

E Memories. I can say we know loki. But he was more adulte

J 思い出したのじゃ! ロキは浮遊樹大陸を守護していた四季の女神を悪堕ち……もとい従属神にして、浮遊樹大陸ユグドラシルの戦乱を戦い抜いたっていう話じゃったな!

F Je me rappel ! loki [celuis qui a protége l'arbre flotant avec les quatre déesse corompu. Il était un dieu sulbalterne et a combatu lors de la guerre de l'arbre du continant flotant ysgrasil]*

E I remember !loki [was the man that protect the floating tree by the 4 fall goodness. He was a subaltern god nd fight in tree floating war in ysgid continental.]*

ユグドラシル大陸……、VBFの舞台となった場所だな。ちょうどいい、かつての覇王ロキの活躍を大雑把に語っておこうか。

F L continant Ygrid... C'est la scène de VBF. c'étai bien . Mais ne parlons pas du continent des exploit du suzerain

E The ygril continant... IT was the VBF scene. IT was great. But don't speack about great tie of ovelod loki.

J自慢。気のせいか。この子供。ドヤ顔をしているような。

F Vantard. Peut être est ce l'atmoshère. Cette enfant son visage je le conais ...

E Boastfull Maybe is the atmosphere. This kid face i know it ...

J……かつて覇王ロキは、祖父である大魔王スルトの後継者候補に名乗りを上げ、女神達の守護する天空の大陸ユグドラシルに乗り込んだ。

F..... Aprés que le suzerain loki a erité du grand royaume de grand père surt [les déesse sont devenu les vasaux de moki en ygril]

E After loki inerited of surt grand father[the 4 godness became lokiz vasal in ygrill]*

J ユグドラシルでは秘宝『聖樹の鍵』を巡って、各地を守護する四季の女神や主神オーディン、それにライバル候補である従姉妹や従兄と激戦を繰り広げた。そして最後には大魔王スルトとも雌雄を決することになったのだ。詳しい話を知りたければ、VBFを実際にプレイしてみればいい。

F [Dans ygril il y avais une clé saint caché. protégé après l'avoir pris il y a eut une confrontation avec un cousin piuis avec surt mais pour plus de détaille joué VBF]*

E [In ygril it was a holy secret key Protected After take it a cousin have to be deafed and after that surd. But play VBF for detailes]*

i make a break will continuded soon (or never)

Last edited:

jellypubes

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

What exactly does 魅了 and 解除 do? I've learned 魅了 prevented actions and units of fire are immune to it but it does it enable affected targets to attack their allies?
解除 prevents only stat raising buffs?

I recall from Empire the classes go something like Crusher>Guard>Shooter>Lancer>Blade>Crusher. In this game, it goes Destroyer>Guarder>Caster>Shooter>Lancer>Blader>Destroyer. There's a healer. Edit* Oh it's a neutral unit.

I notice these two skills have the same description. 自爆障壁 and 自爆結界 are the same? Not sure if there's a difference unless 自爆結界 protect against 自決自爆 for all friendly allies instead of individual units.

Game is out now and i notice from screenshots there's a new thing other than law and chaos. 破滅 is a third route?

Last edited:

falenheaen

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@ @ So confuse in ending requirement.
2 time in a row that I have no any real route ending.[one game over ... one only end near final ...]
Anyone can tell their requirement?

Edit: So this game need destruction point for chaos route. [Older game not have]
And may be ... need event that transform one of girl to 3rd form too.
Thanks for hint sir
V
V

Last edited:

jellypubes

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@ @ So confuse in ending requirement.
2 time in a row that I have no any real route ending.[one game over ... one only end near final ...]
Anyone can tell their requirement?
Don't you have to get a certain amount of points in Law or Chaos to unlock an ending other than normal or worse? Perhaps you're missing a certain amount of hearts for each girl?
Viewing their events and improving their hearts toward you maybe depending on what route you're going might be important too.
In mission select screen, you should be able to talk to the girls and have choice selection dialogue to enter law or chaos. Negative choices would make them dislike you until you corrupt them to become positive.
プリュンヒルデ was negative heart for me but became positive when i viewed an event to corrupt her.

Maybe it's 30+ points for law/chaos? I'm not sure as i didn't play the previous games.
I still haven't found out what 破滅 leads to though. It sounds bad considering the choice selections for it that i have encountered are poisoning water supply or engraving fear into enemies.

Edit* I found out that you need the destruction points for chaos route. If you are attempting chaos route, then the destruction points are a must. They're usually in choice selection 3 so you can't miss them if they appear. Otherwise, you'll get a game over even if you have over 40 or 50 chaos after completing stage 22. I had 1 破滅 but it wasn't enough. The most I've seen you can get before stage 22 is 4.

Unrelated but if anyone needs it, PM me and I'll provide my excel spreadsheet of most passive skills, assist skills translated and a reference. Stats of all units included but it isn't translated and inferior compared to another spreadsheet. I don't have enough posts to link or have attachments.
Edit2
Also, there's an example of an english interface on youtube as a reference.

Last edited:

Mark3000

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I always have a bit of trouble with the venus blood games. Is there a wiki I can use to help with the combat and strategy sections? Even a wiki from a previous game would help with skills and units.

grazer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I always have a bit of trouble with the venus blood games. Is there a wiki I can use to help with the combat and strategy sections? Even a wiki from a previous game would help with skills and units.
Kind of. There's an English wiki that is generally useful for explaining UI elements if nothing else.

The Japanese wiki is still in the process of being filled out but that won't take long. i'd suggest throwing the link into googletranslate if you can't into moon.

sonata-s

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Right, okay, the destruction points thing makes sense and explains why I keep getting game overs.

At this point I think I'm just going to dial it down to easy, auto-win the fights and cheat engine the event "stamina" meter (fuck that thing) for a breezy chaos.

grazer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Right, okay, the destruction points thing makes sense and explains why I keep getting game overs.

At this point I think I'm just going to dial it down to easy, auto-win the fights and cheat engine the event "stamina" meter (fuck that thing) for a breezy chaos.
You can just rest to recover that meter; also there's now two walkthroughs, to get true law/chaos endings on the Japanese wiki.

Hopeful Death

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You don't need any 破滅 points at all to go the chaos route, there's 2 chaos route endings and getting those points is for the 2nd one. You can still go the normal chaos route without a single point.

jellypubes

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You don't need any 破滅 points at all to go the chaos route, there's 2 chaos route endings and getting those points is for the 2nd one. You can still go the normal chaos route without a single point.
It would be great if they automatically put you in the normal chaos route instead of giving a game over after completing stage 22 though. It was very underwhelming for me to get a game over after a win because i got 1 破滅 point instead of 0 or 4. I guess this is for replay value to attempt the route again.

Side Note Info:
I found out there's a bug where certain units won't get 武勲 if you set them as leader. For example, the caster unit, アルヴィスの賢者 is one of those units. He'll earn it in battle as long as he's not the leader.

I tried to make the strongest holy/flying/cavalry composition but i keep getting a black screen whenever i try to attack. It took me a bit of checking whether any of the 6 units are bugged and it turns out if you change the name of your division to something the game doesn't like, it'll go black screen in combat. I named the division 'OP as fuck' and it even went black screen on 'OP as'. If i leave it as OP(short for Overpowered), there is no black screen. There is some weird coding going on and this is on patch v1.02.

Also, all units and their variations from the game