OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Hey everyone,
thanks all for the feedback.

Want to point out some stuff.
Neither of the levels in the Arena will make their way to the game, so don't worry if you don't like any of the levels. Also they're there for testing purposes (not to show level design skills or anything like that), we already mentioned that a few times.
I mentioned just before, and it's mentioned in the release post as well, but I'll tell again just in case anyone is still confused about this: Everyone can unlock everything now. Unlockables are not behind a paywall anymore. The problem with some not popping up is explained in the post I link just below.

As for the bugs, yeah, it's important for you all to read the new post in Patreon (is public)

ZapRabbit

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I got stuck on this tree in Mission 2 (twice because I'm an idiot). I tried to take a picture of the rock to make it easier to find, and attached it Mission 2.jpg .

My (very much unsolicited) suggestions:

1) Split mission 4 into 2 different missions. It is far too long for 1 mission.
2) Would be great to get more H moves and creatures, especially gang-bang type animations; rather than focusing on more missions with the same enemies.
3) Find-able items need a much brighter twinkle animation. I had to look on another forum for finding the 4th L plate in Mission 2, I would have literally never found it. Actually left outside of the manhole and went back because I was out of ideas. Very much pushing the boundary beyond challenging into just frustrating to find this stuff.
4) The marker when you press the M key is very nice, I think it should be included for more things, like the manhole.
5) Getting surrounded by 3 or more dogs results in an endless loop of pushing them off and getting tackled again. Maybe insert a pause in their behavior or something after the 3rd time of getting tackled, because I got stuck on Mission 3 for probably close to 5 straight minutes, and no amount of hammering the round-house kick could save me.

All of those hopefully-constructive criticisms aside, I think this continues to show great potential, and wish you the best with it.

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
I will echo @hhh7773 's post - the game's biggest non-technical issues are basically down to level design imo. Of course, these are just test maps so that's fine, but I think it's important to highlight what's wrong here.

In my opinion, "egg hunts" are never any fun, unless they're optional. Endless searching of rooms you've already been in three times just to find that, oh, the thing you needed was on this shelf just tucked out of view; It's just frustrating.
The open environment outside the mansion grounds completely lack telegraphing, ie somewhat subtle ways of indicating to the player the direction they should go, as well as any distinctive landmarks. It features a lot of dead-ends that don't reward the player for exploration, and involves a lot of aimless wandering.

While the mansion looks great, navigating it is a huge pain. Most hallways are far too tight, especially the one with the sewing machine - you can get stuck at the blue herb planters in there. Again, few of the rooms or hallways are distinctive enough for a player to really get to know their way around.

Shooting feels much better, but there's still some weirdness. There's a bias to the left of the cone-of-fire at greater distances. Rapidly entering/exiting aiming feels awkward, especially after you've been hit, has led to a couple situations where that input was delayed, but not cancelled, leading me to hold rmb again, which restarts the enter/exit aim animiation.
I think a clean headshot should always stun enemies. Maybe making their massive dongs a weak-point could be a fun twist too.

The dodge, while welcome, seems very finnicky and it's not concrete what triggers the prompt. I think it would work better as its own dedicated control.

It'd be nice if, during sex scenes, the player could change the point around which the camera pivots.

There are a lot of ways to get stuck on the menus, sometimes backspace doesn't work, particularly if alt-tabbing with a submenu (eg. Audio) open.
I'd be much happier just being able to navigate them with the mouse, enter/backspace isn't the most intuitive scheme for it.

Graphics settings don't save when backspacing out of the graphics menu during gameplay. It seems like it only saves if you do "auto" with enter. An "apply" button wouldn't go amiss here. Speaking of, I'd prefer if the game didn't apply each resolution setting as you're flipping through them.

Bloom/postprocess, something about it feels way overdone. Especially that a lot of objects will glint at certain angles, tricking the player into thinking they saw an interactable item.
Something about the MC's eyes don't fit, they're almost luminescent.
Entering the mansion, and the waterfall at the start both still tank my FPS, despite having upgraded between now and the last time I played. It seems light sources in particular contribute a great deal to frame drops - that one long room in the mansion with a few windows is the worst by far - but that's just a guess.

There are some spots in the mansions foyer where you can hop the barriers and get stuck in a couch or chair.
You can walk up the railing immediately outside the mansion entrance and get stuck
There's a tree on the South mansion wall (Stage 2) that you can get stuck in

Breast jiggle causes clipping with default outfit
When MC's belly's inflated, it "vibrates", seems it rapidly swaps between different sizes and can't decide to stay at one.
Sometimes the pistol animation will bug and the slide will stay locked back until fired - I've noticed this most when transitioning between levels.
It seems that sometimes zombies will be invulnerable when in a "stun" animation.

I suggest going with something other than "bloody screen" for indicating damage. Generally, overlays that obstruct the player's vision without that being the intended purpose should never be used.
If it's not to prevent the camera clipping with the environment, limiting the camera's pitch feels awkward
MMB as the control for drawing the knife is very awkward - of course this is a none-issue if the player can bind keys, but a better default should be found.

I think the big guys should have a de-aggro timer, or be limited to certain zones outside of which they won't chase you.
Controversial opinion for RE2 fans I imagine, but generally I hate invulnerable follower enemies - they just add tedium, not tension, outside of scripted sequences. Having no way to slow them down makes them doubly frustrating to deal with.

The checkpoint system I find very weird - The map and inventory status persists, but enemies are reset - meaning if you die, any ammo or supplies you expended in that life are effectively wasted.

Right now I'm finding it impossible to enter the manhole on mission 2, after powering up the thingy in the mansion. This is complicated by one of said big guys chasing me all the way to it from the mansion lol

I got to the sewer, couldn't find the 4th L-plate after killing all the enemies and searching every single prop and corner of the map. I assumed it dropped from a zombie who'd got himself stuck in some boxes and was therefore inaccessible - I hit restart to see if I was right and found myself right back at the start of level 2, I had to alt+f4 at that point.

A level-select or manual save/loading is desparately needed

Last edited:

hhh7773

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Well i hope Version 0.4 and 0.5 comes quick..

Also hope the new weapon is a Shotgun ^^
Shotgun just feels like the most natural progression to me honestly, seems to be the second weapon you get most often in RE games anyways. XD

I will echo @hhh7773 's post - the game's biggest non-technical issues are basically down to level design imo. Of course, these are just test maps so that's fine, but I think it's important to highlight what's wrong here.

In my opinion, "egg hunts" are never any fun, unless they're optional. Endless searching of rooms you've already been in three times just to find that, oh, the thing you needed was on this shelf just tucked out of view; It's just frustrating.
The open environment outside the mansion grounds completely lack telegraphing, ie somewhat subtle ways of indicating to the player the direction they should go, as well as any distinctive landmarks. It features a lot of dead-ends that don't reward the player for exploration, and involves a lot of aimless wandering.

While the mansion looks great, navigating it is a huge pain. Most hallways are far too tight, especially the one with the sewing machine - you can get stuck at the blue herb planters in there. Again, few of the rooms or hallways are distinctive enough for a player to really get to know their way around.

Shooting feels much better, but there's still some weirdness. There's a bias to the left of the cone-of-fire at greater distances. Rapidly entering/exiting aiming feels awkward, especially after you've been hit, has led to a couple situations where that input was delayed, but not cancelled, leading me to hold rmb again, which restarts the enter/exit aim animiation.
I think a clean headshot should always stun enemies. Maybe making their massive dongs a weak-point could be a fun twist too.

The dodge, while welcome, seems very finnicky and it's not concrete what triggers the prompt. I think it would work better as its own dedicated control.

It'd be nice if, during sex scenes, the player could change the point around which the camera pivots.

There are a lot of ways to get stuck on the menus, sometimes backspace doesn't work, particularly if alt-tabbing with a submenu (eg. Audio) open.
I'd be much happier just being able to navigate them with the mouse, enter/backspace isn't the most intuitive scheme for it.

Graphics settings don't save when backspacing out of the graphics menu during gameplay. It seems like it only saves if you do "auto" with enter. An "apply" button wouldn't go amiss here. Speaking of, I'd prefer if the game didn't apply each resolution setting as you're flipping through them.

Bloom/postprocess, something about it feels way overdone. Especially that a lot of objects will glint at certain angles, tricking the player into thinking they saw an interactable item.
Something about the MC's eyes don't fit, they're almost luminescent.
Entering the mansion, and the waterfall at the start both still tank my FPS, despite having upgraded between now and the last time I played. It seems light sources in particular contribute a great deal to frame drops - that one long room in the mansion with a few windows is the worst by far - but that's just a guess.

There are some spots in the mansions foyer where you can hop the barriers and get stuck in a couch or chair.
You can walk up the railing immediately outside the mansion entrance and get stuck
There's a tree on the South mansion wall (Stage 2) that you can get stuck in

Breast jiggle causes clipping with default outfit
When MC's belly's inflated, it "vibrates", seems it rapidly swaps between different sizes and can't decide to stay at one.
Sometimes the pistol animation will bug and the slide will stay locked back until fired - I've noticed this most when transitioning between levels.
It seems that sometimes zombies will be invulnerable when in a "stun" animation.

I suggest going with something other than "bloody screen" for indicating damage. Generally, overlays that obstruct the player's vision without that being the intended purpose should never be used.
If it's not to prevent the camera clipping with the environment, limiting the camera's pitch feels awkward
MMB as the control for drawing the knife is very awkward - of course this is a none-issue if the player can bind keys, but a better default should be found.

I think the big guys should have a de-aggro timer, or be limited to certain zones outside of which they won't chase you.
Controversial opinion for RE2 fans I imagine, but generally I hate invulnerable follower enemies - they just add tedium, not tension, outside of scripted sequences. Having no way to slow them down makes them doubly frustrating to deal with.

The checkpoint system I find very weird - The map and inventory status persists, but enemies are reset - meaning if you die, any ammo or supplies you expended in that life are effectively wasted.

Right now I'm finding it impossible to enter the manhole on mission 2, after powering up the thingy in the mansion. This is complicated by one of said big guys chasing me all the way to it from the mansion lol

I got to the sewer, couldn't find the 4th L-plate after killing all the enemies and searching every single prop and corner of the map. I assumed it dropped from a zombie who'd got himself stuck in some boxes and was therefore inaccessible - I hit restart to see if I was right and found myself right back at the start of level 2, I had to alt+f4 at that point.

A level-select or manual save/loading is desparately needed
Lots of good points here, and lots of stuff I definitely failed to mention as they were issues I just kind of ended up accepting I think, particularly the issue where the game will lockout menu's based on you alt tabbing out of them, particularly REALLY annoying when you're trying to enter one of the card codes and just alt tab back in to find the menu's unresponsive completely. Definitely agree with the idea that the big guy should also have some sort of stun state or just something where you can at least temporarily slow him down. Something akin to how Mr.X works in RE2 would be just fine. Heck even just something like the executioner would be alright too, dropping him to one knee after enough damage and open him up for a melee attack if you want to pursue killing him, or just leave him to sit there for a bit if you'd rather save the ammo/time and just move on. While I'm definitely a fan of Mr.X/Nemesis type pursuers on a grander scale, especially when done in a horror game in particular, I do think there should be at least a decent option of taking them out... or possibly even outright disabling/killing them and getting a reward like you would in RE4 for enemies like Dr.Salvador (chainsaw dude), and the executioners in RE5. More or less just winding up a minibosses, rather than full on, unstoppable stalkers... even if they can also be REALLY well done in horror, though I can't say for sure if going horror route is the best option here given just how strong it leans on the action side of things... though I'm still all up for spooky locales/ambiance.

Also, side note, you can find the 4th plate on the roof in the little arena where you fought all the zombies on mission one in the upper part of the sewer, at least, I imagine thats the last plate you are missing. One does drop off a zombie up top though, and there are two on the lower level, one resting on a barrel i think, the other somewhere on one of the platforms in the watery area. Big feel on the restart into Alt+F4 though. Missions can definitely feel too long to go back through again, at least right after being so close to completing them too.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I'm of the opinion that we can't have more weapons until we get an expanded inventory.

I'm always finding myself with like 4-5 of 1 type of herb and not enough of the other one to make the magic potion.

(Except for mission 4, where the first aid spray drops out of the ass of every zombie),

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Oh, speaking of which - the ability to discard inventory items (Ideally dropping them on the ground to be picked up later) would be very much welcome

hhh7773

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I'm of the opinion that we can't have more weapons until we get an expanded inventory.

I'm always finding myself with like 4-5 of 1 type of herb and not enough of the other one to make the magic potion.

(Except for mission 4, where the first aid spray drops out of the ass of every zombie),
Oh, speaking of which - the ability to discard inventory items (Ideally dropping them on the ground to be picked up later) would be very much welcome
Eh, doubt either will be implemented, and not sure I'd personally like to see either implemented considering just what game this is more or less emulating thus far. Could use more enemies, or really just more difficulty perhaps so that our inventories aren't so chock full of healing wares really, that or space them out more really. Its more or less how RE5 handles it really, and it works well, keeping you on edge for the most part in terms of your inventory, and if you perform well you can dump most of what you don't need into a intermission item box of sorts, also the same between mission menu where you would purchase stuff from the games store/merchant, as well as upgrade weapons. Seems to be what they are going for here at least.

Regardless, it'd definitely be interesting to see how they tackle this or if they want to change things up anyways, give it an RE0 like quality where you can pick up and drop items. Depending on how frequent item drops are though, and how densely spaced they are within the levels themselves,I'd say 9 slots is just fine. Gives you enough space to work with a couple, or even three guns for more variety, while lacking either space for those extra healing items, or stockpiles of ammo.

If anything, depending how much they want to take from older Resident Evil's and if they want these missions to be really long, or just have more of a persistent world, could always add in item boxes at checkpoints too, or even more out of left field, give us a RE4 style attache case/tetris mini game basically.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Now that you mention it, an item box which you can deposit and withdraw from like RE2 and RE3 could work too. That would solve me holding onto 7 magic potions if I think I don't need 3 right now, but can't really "save" them somewhere.

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score
Hi there.
So, I'm on what appears to be mission 3 (?) and I have to find a way to open the manhole:

May anyone explain to me what you're suppose to do here? I've been on every nook and cranny of the layed out map, killed a bunch of zombies and if I try to get into tthe mansion again it seems to start mission 2 again, but this time you don't even have the key anywhere to get into the mansion...

ZapRabbit

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hi there.
So, I'm on what appears to be mission 3 (?) and I have to find a way to open the manhole:

May anyone explain to me what you're suppose to do here? I've been on every nook and cranny of the layed out map, killed a bunch of zombies and if I try to get into tthe mansion again it seems to start mission 2 again, but this time you don't even have the key anywhere to get into the mansion...
You have to kill a bunch of zombies around the mansion to get the key again, go into the mansion and find 4 plates again. This time the plates are in different areas, but the concept is pretty much the same. One of the plates is actually hidden in a certain area, you won't just stumble onto it, so search every inch of the floor on all levels.

If you cannot find the Mansion key, search around the gates pretty well, even to the point of walking slowly around the vicinity of the gate.

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score
You have to kill a bunch of zombies around the mansion to get the key again, go into the mansion and find 4 plates again. This time the plates are in different areas, but the concept is pretty much the same. One of the plates is actually hidden in a certain area, you won't just stumble onto it, so search every inch of the floor on all levels.

If you cannot find the Mansion key, search around the gates pretty well, even to the point of walking slowly around the vicinity of the gate.
Allright, now we're getting somewhere. Thanks for the info. Now I just need to find the diamond key lol

Last edited:

Pootis404

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Allright, now we're getting somewhere. Thanks for the info. Now I just need to find the diamond key lol
You won't actually need the diamond key to get all 4 plates for the 2nd run of the mansion, the room it unlocks only has a few zombies and a first aid spray (iirc, the 1st floor room to the left of the entrance).
If you're in desperate need of a spray though (unlikely), the key is in a drawer on the 2nd floor of the main foyer.

passdummy1

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
In my opinion, this game is already on its way to be the best western H-game ever made. I like the Resident Evil games and this feels and plays a lot like them. At first I took a closer look at the animations cause I was convinced they were straight up ripped from the retail games.

Animations, graphics and sound are all top notch. Even caught myself jamming in my chair to the stage 3 music at one point. Special mention goes to the animations however - That's usually where most games, especially 3D ones, fall short. The animations are fantastic and the sex animations match the scenario - Julia isn't exactly thrilled to be fucked by zombies and undead dogs and at the same time not so rapey that they'd throw off the more squeamish people. That last bit being objective praise cause personally I wouldn't mind a bit of ryona. Particularly I want to praise the transition animations between failing a QTE to free yourself and the zombie/dog having their way with Julia. They're only there for a few seconds, but they add so, so much. Looks fantastic how the dog is standing on Julia's back, barking wildly before it transitions to black screen and sex. Same with the fat guys. The way they hold their catch in front of the camera is great!
Like others said, the stun animations after getting hit are occasionally a bit long. I'd not discard the Ow-Me-Belly one though. Maybe add it to an enemy that's supposed to stun you or something if you're adding one?

Gameplay wise it's honestly a good third person shooter in my opinion. Plays a hell of a lot like the later RE games, which may not reinvent the wheel or anything, but they don't do a whole lot wrong. The fact you could replicate this with a small team and for a hentai/porn game is a miracle in itself. Difficulty is a little low overall and as a RE veteran, you're quickly used to baiting enemies into positions and then just running past them. I feel the dogs would be the ideal way to counter that if you sped them up considerably and made them able to pounce on you while you're running. Also it's damn near impossible to fail the QTEs to escape a grab. The only ones I can't shake off easily are the fat, invincible guys - if you can even shake them off to begin with.

The only bad part I can think of are the levels. Or rather, the "puzzles" in them. Finding the items needed for progression can be downright frustrating. The fuse or whatever it was on the ceiling in the sewer of mission 2 was a bitch and I only ever found it because out of frustration I Google'd it, only to find F95zone's pictured walkthrough of it. In mission 4, it took me 2 hours to find the last fuse and then another hour to realize the laser beam was blocked by an invisible barrel. I play on highest settings, but all the obstacles are still invisible to me for some reason. That mission was not fun, even though I very much like the idea of open levels and finding stuff to progress. Just would love if the objects were easier to see or rather, harder to miss.

Overall, considering this is "early" in development going by version number, the game is shaping up to be amazing. All I really want is more of it. Most of all more enemy variety, but reading your blog/Patreon, you seem to have this covered in the future. Hoping for more RE inspired and grotesque monsters or more dogs personally! : D More animations, customizations (at least one where I can get rid of the ugly boots all the outfits seem to have) and more missions.

Lastly, as was pointed out months ago, the whole inflation thing is not for everyone. I'd personally love to have a toggle to at least get rid of the inflated belly, but that's mere personal taste.

Fantastic work! Keep it up please! :)

Pootis404

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Everyone can unlock everything now. Unlockables are not behind a paywall anymore.
I can't seem to access any of the cosmetic options, despite having completed mission 3 which should have yielded the ability to edit the name and change the hair style, according to the blog post with the download link.
There might be an issue with the rank check you said you removed, because even after replaying missions 1 through 3 the end card for the levels say there's no unlocks available.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I can't seem to access any of the cosmetic options, despite having completed mission 3 which should have yielded the ability to edit the name and change the hair style, according to the blog post with the download link.
There might be an issue with the rank check you said you removed, because even after replaying missions 1 through 3 the end card for the levels say there's no unlocks available.
Eh? I could have swore that is for an intended future release with the of the bugs from 0.3XXX fixed. I might be wrong.

Pootis404

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Eh? I could have swore that is for an intended future release with the of the bugs from 0.3XXX fixed. I might be wrong.
The way he worded it in his recent posts here made it sound like cosmetic options should be available to all in the most recent version, and on the blog states the requisites for unlocking each feature.

ZapRabbit

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I'm confused by this point too. On the blog (link on page 1), it is strongly implied that you can change outfits and hair NOW if you meet certain requirements like have killed 100 enemies. On the Patreon (link on page 20) it is said that there is a bug where the appearance resets on Mission 2, 3, and 4.

What is actually happening is that I have completed a lot of the requirements but cannot change appearance on any mission. I think he should probably re-phrase the bug list, and also link the bug list on the blog.

passdummy1

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I can't seem to access any of the cosmetic options,
The way he worded it in his recent posts here made it sound like cosmetic options should be available to all in the most recent version, and on the blog states the requisites for unlocking each feature.
I'm confused by this point too.
I unlocked customizations after finishing the fourth mission. Had nothing unlocked by that point either but played mission 3 again (cause it's the shortest) and ended up getting multiple unlocks at the same time. For accuracy >80% and various other things. So seems like you have to finish all current missions first before you become egligible for customizations? Not sure

DustyX

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Would it be worth pinning a walk through to the OP? Every few pages it seems like there's at least 2 posts (if not more) along the lines of "I can't find "x" in mission "z", wth?".

I envision myself making a similar "where can i find the thing?" post very soon as I tackle this latest release. :p