What's new

ACT [waterspoon] ロールディアの翼 / Wings of Roldea (RJ215684)

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
Well this is retarded.

I just bought the Chinese version of Wings of Roldea from DLsite. After getting through the DRM, the game tells you that you need to switch to Traditional Chinese locale to launch the Traditional Chinese version, or Simplified Chinese locale for the Simplified Chinese version. Sounds logical right? Except it doesn't work. You need to be in Simplified Chinese locale to launch either version. Traditional Chinese locale doesn't work at all.

Edit: You know what? Fuck this official DLsite translation. The translation is obviously piggy backed on top of the English version because some of the UI remains in English, and it doesn't have the latest update content.

Last edited:

wgunder1

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Oh it gets better because the launcher is built on the English translation some of the Chinese translation doesn't work without in Japanese local setting. which because it can't be 3 different locales at once guess what easily breaks!
Oh did i mention that only the Japanese version is getting updates.... this game needs a 3rd party translator no more dlsite translations!

Cupio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Why is the Chinese version twice the size of the OG JP version?

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
Why is the Chinese version twice the size of the OG JP version?
It has the traditional Chinese and simplified Chinese as 2 seperate games.

Oh it gets better because the launcher is built on the English translation some of the Chinese translation doesn't work without in Japanese local setting. which because it can't be 3 different locales at once guess what easily breaks!
Oh did i mention that only the Japanese version is getting updates.... this game needs a 3rd party translator no more dlsite translations!
The Nov 9 update note states "extra content", so may be they finally added the new stuff in, but I can't be assed to switch locale and start a new save to find out if this is true.

The first DLSite translated game I bought was the translated version of Anthesis ( ), which was actually good (both English and Chinese). But then I read the blog and realised it was because the Dev spent time to proof read the translated games. smh. DLSite need to up their translation game. May be hire a couple of boarding school students.

Last edited:

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
It has the traditional Chinese and simplified Chinese as 2 seperate games.

The Nov 9 update note states "extra content", so may be they finally added the new stuff in, but I can't be assed to switch locale and start a new save to find out if this is true.

The first DLSite translated game I bought was the translated version of Anthesis ( ), which was actually good (both English and Chinese). But then I read the blog and realised it was because the Dev spent time to proof read the translated games. smh. DLSite need to up their translation game. May be hire a couple of boarding school students.
dlsite IS recruiting translator. There an idon on the english dlsite. Sadly they are really upping the requirement (like maternal or bilingual in English as well as Japanese AND living in Japan...).

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
Chinese version just received another update with bug fixes.

Gfurst

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Alright, at first when I saw someone comparing this to VH I had my doubts, even gave up on playing it the first time. I was under the impression that this was some sort of cosmetic clothing and monster rape only game, after a while I decide to try again, and oh boy was I glad to be wrong.
IMHO, this is the game closest to be a true loyal VH-alike (not exactly a successor), and may I say, in some regards even better than VH, it managed to be pretty polished, considerably high quality, and even great drawing design. This level of quality is even very rarely achieved by most commercial games, let alone one that tried to have this sort of scope, man just look at those lighting shadows, that smooth animation, floating dialog and whatnot, this guy really pushed WolfRPG to its limits, a decent dev finally.

Pro/Con Review:
Why did I say it's a VH-alike game? Well the rogue action-rpg is the obvious part, add to that the battle rape, the lewd stat tracking, free roaming, day/night time tracking, eating/peeing. That's some obvious influences right there, and I would even wouldn't doubt if this guy was among the devs that tried to implement this stuff in VH originally. But there is a major difference, all of these features have been decently implemented and polished, all of these things work and serve a purpose (sort of), and are reasonably balanced (like meals for bar recovery). On the other hand, one of the things that didn't have a purpose, is the pissing mechanic, which I guess could be some sort of squirting while orgasming. Another thing which is pointless, is there virginity keeper, which is nice, but apparently serves no purpose.

The game is (sort of) quest focused, you go through areas and dungeons to unlock new places, and after that you can just quick travel all around. The game is also very light on dialog, though it feels the author kind of skimped on the translation, making it more of a shell with only the essential information. For that reason, initially it felt that I was just hitting random events, quest tracking is very hard and sometimes, even when there were some hints, I didn't know where I should be going to. Still I was quite surprised, that I expected something really shallow, but instead end up with a big open world and multiple different quest lines. For this reason as well, maybe a quest tracking, or adventures guild system like in VH, could be a huge improvement.

Furthermore, the battle rape system, I hate GOR and initially it feels like a horrible design to need to be downed to see any form of ecchi, but fact to the matter is that this system was well implement, most of the time you will fall unintentionally, maybe making a mistake and getting surrounded, it even works with some (of the few) proper H-scenes, I think could even be scripted. The animations are very smooth, the stat tracking seems to have some effect, though I'm not sure which, but by the end of the game my character was cumming multiple times from a single penetration, and I was still seeing some new positions, which is unheard off...

The cons here are obvious as well, as I noted above, there are only a few scenes that aren't due to GOR, I mean, those GOR scenes aren't bad at all, but they're practically all samey, your downed heroine getting gangbanged till passed out. Those regular scenes though, they were excellent even if just about +-5 of them, but just looking at the inspiration from VH, and we can see there is a huge potential for much more, I mean just look at that strip dancing scene, imagine how well it would fit for example getting surrounded in an alley, doing some lewd waitressing, going to a mixed bath, going through a lewd maze (like in akakubi arena), doing a escape route (like fort rugoem). It would be even better if these events followed some sort script, like for example the two blowjobs at the bridge, a lot of them could benefit from having a progression. And finally, the sort of minigame (while whoring) could be expanded upon, and its also something they tried to implement in the later versions of Vh, so it could be something light like choosing just what the next position will be (for consensual sex). And finally, I got the last update which already has pregnancy, a nice addition, but again, kind of pointless at the moment.

Finally for the suggestions:
My first suggestion is for him to keep adding to this game, even if through paid dlc, because it got such good ironed out mechanics, but felt shallow in content, specially the ecchi, the most important part here. The design and code of this are already great, all that it needs now is some depth to content, different scenarios, more content that isn't just GOR. Likewise some sort of guild questing system, something to guide the player through side and main quests, could be a heck of an addition.

Regarding the H system, I think mostly all animations and positions are already there, and they are great, however I feel like there should be more ways to trigger them. For example, currently the only way to get raped in battle, is to get downed first, HP near 0, which usually only happens when you're about to lose already, with only a very dim chance of escaping, in the case that you're already surrounded. There was a point where my character was cumming multiple times just from touching even before getting downed, and still they wouldn't rape her. One way to trigger penetration could be very high excitement, and another to just manually allow it, like some games do, to just seduce whatever is close to you. And finally with that, there could a lot more groping actions, some more invasive ones, like oral/tit fucking even before the requirements for penetration are there.

I was also thinking about the EST and ORG meters, and I think instead of the way it is now, that excitement grows through the actions but orgasming lowers it instead of raising. Like being groped for example raises excitement, high excitement makes for a easier target for grope and rape, and higher effect on the orgasm meter (cumming faster), and after orgasm is reached, excitement goes down. It could be a nice way to balance things out. And instead of the succubus curse always increasing it, it would be cool if you needed to keep EST high enough to enjoy the better skills/recovery, this way it would naturally down, but give you a reason to do ecchi, intentionally getting raped to keep stronger, its a gimmick that could help the H gameplay bothways.

I know its very unlikely the dev will ever check out western forums like these, but feel free to send it to him if you feel like it. Farewell

Attachments

Gfurst

Demon Girl
Reputation score
By the way, not meant to double post but its a whole different subject from the review.
I liked the game so much and am thinking of doing the newgame+ run, since I even missed some of the quest lines. Then I remembered, does anyone knows if there are consequences for some of your actions? Just in the start of the game you have the option to help the little girl or not. Or for example with vampire dude, there seem to be a couple of options there too. In my first run, the initial village went ghosted, I never managed to get to the otherworld, Iriza somehow got killed.

Mavy550

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
This might be a very stupid question to many, but what game is VH, exactly? Doesn't ring any bells to me.

Games Dude

Lurker
Reputation score
a very, very old, rather legendary rpgmaker hentai game that set an extremely high standard for everything that's come out since, which is why you see the name thrown around so much - everyone likes to compare new games to vh whenever they come out.

Unfortunately, vh was never actually finished, it just has several different beta versions released on various websites. If you want to know more, look it up - full title is Violated Heroine

edyjaw

Reputation score
1575960396403.png
I keep getting this weird ass bug when I get her preggers. Is there any fix for this?

Bryanis

Reputation score
View attachment 27705
I keep getting this weird ass bug when I get her preggers. Is there any fix for this?
By the look of the thing, it's either a coding error => updating the game
or a problem linked to a missing component (usually happen when playing wolf rpg game on non japanese setting computer OR having the game extracted from the archive on non japanese local computer) => getting the game again using jap local setting.

If you're using the official english version, then the most probable solution is the need for an update patch / newest version download.

Gfurst

Demon Girl
Reputation score
This is indeed because of missing asset, but you likely have the proper locale (otherwise it wouldn't be showing japonese chars in the error messages).
I had this issue as well, the most likely issue is missing some clothing assets for her pregnant state, luckily doesn't break anything in the game.

edyjaw

Reputation score
Would the save have affected this since i transported it off the Trial version

Bryanis

Reputation score
Would the save have affected this since i transported it off the Trial version
Only if the costume was avaible in the trial and the dev remove it / change it's in game name between trial and full release.

Usually, dev mention on the selling page / read me if the trial file are compatible with the full game. Unless stated as compatible, then it may work fine or go down all the way to break the game.

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
Alright, at first when I saw someone comparing this to VH I had my doubts, even gave up on playing it the first time. I was under the impression that this was some sort of cosmetic clothing and monster rape only game, after a while I decide to try again, and oh boy was I glad to be wrong.
IMHO, this is the game closest to be a true loyal VH-alike (not exactly a successor), and may I say, in some regards even better than VH, it managed to be pretty polished, considerably high quality, and even great drawing design. This level of quality is even very rarely achieved by most commercial games, let alone one that tried to have this sort of scope, man just look at those lighting shadows, that smooth animation, floating dialog and whatnot, this guy really pushed WolfRPG to its limits, a decent dev finally.

Pro/Con Review:
Why did I say it's a VH-alike game? Well the rogue action-rpg is the obvious part, add to that the battle rape, the lewd stat tracking, free roaming, day/night time tracking, eating/peeing. That's some obvious influences right there, and I would even wouldn't doubt if this guy was among the devs that tried to implement this stuff in VH originally. But there is a major difference, all of these features have been decently implemented and polished, all of these things work and serve a purpose (sort of), and are reasonably balanced (like meals for bar recovery). On the other hand, one of the things that didn't have a purpose, is the pissing mechanic, which I guess could be some sort of squirting while orgasming. Another thing which is pointless, is there virginity keeper, which is nice, but apparently serves no purpose.

The game is (sort of) quest focused, you go through areas and dungeons to unlock new places, and after that you can just quick travel all around. The game is also very light on dialog, though it feels the author kind of skimped on the translation, making it more of a shell with only the essential information. For that reason, initially it felt that I was just hitting random events, quest tracking is very hard and sometimes, even when there were some hints, I didn't know where I should be going to. Still I was quite surprised, that I expected something really shallow, but instead end up with a big open world and multiple different quest lines. For this reason as well, maybe a quest tracking, or adventures guild system like in VH, could be a huge improvement.

Furthermore, the battle rape system, I hate GOR and initially it feels like a horrible design to need to be downed to see any form of ecchi, but fact to the matter is that this system was well implement, most of the time you will fall unintentionally, maybe making a mistake and getting surrounded, it even works with some (of the few) proper H-scenes, I think could even be scripted. The animations are very smooth, the stat tracking seems to have some effect, though I'm not sure which, but by the end of the game my character was cumming multiple times from a single penetration, and I was still seeing some new positions, which is unheard off...

The cons here are obvious as well, as I noted above, there are only a few scenes that aren't due to GOR, I mean, those GOR scenes aren't bad at all, but they're practically all samey, your downed heroine getting gangbanged till passed out. Those regular scenes though, they were excellent even if just about +-5 of them, but just looking at the inspiration from VH, and we can see there is a huge potential for much more, I mean just look at that strip dancing scene, imagine how well it would fit for example getting surrounded in an alley, doing some lewd waitressing, going to a mixed bath, going through a lewd maze (like in akakubi arena), doing a escape route (like fort rugoem). It would be even better if these events followed some sort script, like for example the two blowjobs at the bridge, a lot of them could benefit from having a progression. And finally, the sort of minigame (while whoring) could be expanded upon, and its also something they tried to implement in the later versions of Vh, so it could be something light like choosing just what the next position will be (for consensual sex). And finally, I got the last update which already has pregnancy, a nice addition, but again, kind of pointless at the moment.

Finally for the suggestions:
My first suggestion is for him to keep adding to this game, even if through paid dlc, because it got such good ironed out mechanics, but felt shallow in content, specially the ecchi, the most important part here. The design and code of this are already great, all that it needs now is some depth to content, different scenarios, more content that isn't just GOR. Likewise some sort of guild questing system, something to guide the player through side and main quests, could be a heck of an addition.

Regarding the H system, I think mostly all animations and positions are already there, and they are great, however I feel like there should be more ways to trigger them. For example, currently the only way to get raped in battle, is to get downed first, HP near 0, which usually only happens when you're about to lose already, with only a very dim chance of escaping, in the case that you're already surrounded. There was a point where my character was cumming multiple times just from touching even before getting downed, and still they wouldn't rape her. One way to trigger penetration could be very high excitement, and another to just manually allow it, like some games do, to just seduce whatever is close to you. And finally with that, there could a lot more groping actions, some more invasive ones, like oral/tit fucking even before the requirements for penetration are there.

I was also thinking about the EST and ORG meters, and I think instead of the way it is now, that excitement grows through the actions but orgasming lowers it instead of raising. Like being groped for example raises excitement, high excitement makes for a easier target for grope and rape, and higher effect on the orgasm meter (cumming faster), and after orgasm is reached, excitement goes down. It could be a nice way to balance things out. And instead of the succubus curse always increasing it, it would be cool if you needed to keep EST high enough to enjoy the better skills/recovery, this way it would naturally down, but give you a reason to do ecchi, intentionally getting raped to keep stronger, its a gimmick that could help the H gameplay bothways.

I know its very unlikely the dev will ever check out western forums like these, but feel free to send it to him if you feel like it. Farewell
The developer has actually been continuously adding free updates to the game. There were a lot less sex animation when the game was first released, and there was no egg laying mechanism. No new side quests unfortunately.

Regarding the decisions, I don't think any of them matters. There is one side quest that links into the main quest, but that doesn't seem to do much other than letting you find out who the real big bad is.

a very, very old, rather legendary rpgmaker hentai game that set an extremely high standard for everything that's come out since, which is why you see the name thrown around so much - everyone likes to compare new games to vh whenever they come out.

Unfortunately, vh was never actually finished, it just has several different beta versions released on various websites. If you want to know more, look it up - full title is Violated Heroine
In addition, unlike DLsite games, VH was a community effort. The original developer abandoned it but released the code for everyone to add to it. As a result there were multiple extremely high quality side quests. Unfortunately this is also what ultimately doomed it, because no one was committed to finishing the game. Still, the open world, quests, and NPCs set the standard of what an engaging open world RPG maker game can be like.

Last edited: