What's new

What ever happened to the reorganization?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
This was one of the problems I had with that previous thread and probably the reason why that one went nowhere fast. In that previous thread, the main topic of discussion was how to divide the section. People voted pretty heavily in favor of splitting the place into genres, but despite me asking multiple times how they wanted to divide it and what guidelines I'd need to follow to maintain it, not a single person gave a concrete plan on how to implement it; just that it'd be nice to have it split by genre.
Of course, this is the part where major fuck up can happen and no one wants to take the blame. No shock there, better to not hurt that image no one cares about, eh?
BUT if we were to split it, we do have to acknowledge few things.
  • First, there is a huge separation for Japanese/Non-Japanese, reason behind it doesn't matter (and it goes from idiocy up to elitism, but still is, so no point in going deeper).
  • Second, RPG Maker vs non RPG Maker vs VN, with last one being not as important from the perspective of forum itself and that's just my view after looking at threads.
  • Third, 2DCG vs 3DCG.
  • Fourth - WIP vs Completed.
Now, I would say that first would work best as subforums for hentai games. Rest could easily work as tags for each (plus, more tags to help with searching that people don't use, kek). Next, since majority of patreon games are west based, this also solves that issue (extra tag won't hurt).
As for actually implementing it, this will depend on other things, with most important: What methods and tools are available? A person with mod powers having to manually go with each thing? Access to query to do some batch cleansing? After details like that are known, some things can be changed/tweaked if possible.
Rest is simply execution of whole plan.
At the same time, even if there were legitimate suggestions and a solid plan, we're still pretty much at the mercy of the admin team. I'll admit that getting actual forum changes can be like pulling teeth at times. At a certain point, there really isn't much more we're able to do until somebody with the actual means can execute changes. Just as a recent example, I've already had a thread posted in the forum suggestions two weeks ago, asking for the already-agreed-upon changes we came up with here, and it hasn't been responded to by admins at all. I've already got a draft for the new rules for the first round of re-structure, but can't enact them until the place actually changes. I understand that people are busy and ULMF doesn't really register as a place of priority in people's minds, but when the RP section has a trillion sections and sub-sections due to asking an administrator directly, I'd hope that a public request with multiple people's agreement for the largest section on the site would at least garner a response.
Pretty much, though... isn't Sam an admin now? A bot should be more available for that xD
But seriously, things like that need to be figured out before doing anything, there must be some agreement first so we can poke people later and repeat few words over and over until demands are met. It always works, lol.
On the point about moderators, it's entirely possible to recruit mods with lesser privileges for the sake of cleaning the place up. But, as Yoshiki's pointed out over and over, there really hasn't been any pre-requisite steps taken to prepare for any larger changes. Frankly, I could probably just do it all myself, but as with everything I do, I don't like just acting by myself to make sweeping changes without at least seeing what the community feels about it. I've wanted to try categorizing the place so that Patreon/Enty threads are moved in their own section for like a month or so, and see what happens to the traffic, but the only resource I have for it besides just combing every single page of the section myself, is the Patreon list thread. I don't mind diving into every page, but I don't want to just slowly move threads over to a dead area and cause a mass panic. Other stuff like adding more prefixes to titles are good examples; you could leave it to the mods and admins to come up with more, but the last time that happened, there still wasn't enough to accurately describe everything and people still want to add more. If the community could come up with a well-thought out and executable course of action, it'd make more sense to start granting "helper" statuses to people.
Simple, stop trying to be fucking nice. You will get eaten alive, not always by people, but often by useless worries. And no, ffs, I am not saying don't be nice, but learn when it's time to say "enough" and "no".
Of course it will somewhat hit patreon developers, especially new ones... So? There are other places where they can easily get more interest (F95 for example), it all depends on how they manage their own promotion. Other thing being, western devs hoping to actually compete with Japanese products are... delusional (at least in current state of things). If their product is good, then it will compete with crap/mediocre patreon projects and actually do better than trying to compete with east. How so? Well, even if we divide by Jap/Non-Jap, it won't mean that non-Jap section will die. Supplies provided by Japs are limited and people with demand will go and check other subsection to satisfy their needs. We are basically talking about two different markets working in different ways. While at first there will be lowered traffic on non-J subforum, it will balance itself out after a time.
So basically... meh, no need to worry as much.
Is this womanly enough?
No, that was just gay and you both suck at this. -_-

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Better yet, edit them to be nice and womanly (I don't even know how that's a thing, but apparently...), he'll love that.

I give good head.
I think that should be the go-to response from staff wherever. Then again, I literally can't be offended by something like that so I might be a bad sample group.

I like Ninja dick.

As an aside, while I don't agree with all Yoshi brings to the table, I can agree as far as Japanese and English being the most easily achieved divide that makes the most sense. - you either don't mind japanese (or speak it) or you do.

Last edited:

Sasquatch180

Reputation score
Honestly as far as reorganization goes I'd sort of like to see certain categories of games have their own section, such as Action games (Side-scrollers, fighters, beam 'em ups, etc...) and RPG games have their own special areas to make it a little easier at a first glance to determine what game is what since people tend to have preferences (for example I prefer action games over RPG games).

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Honestly as far as reorganization goes I'd sort of like to see certain categories of games have their own section, such as Action games (Side-scrollers, fighters, beam 'em ups, etc...) and RPG games have their own special areas to make it a little easier at a first glance to determine what game is what since people tend to have preferences (for example I prefer action games over RPG games).
That's one of idea that won't work, so my guess is: you won't see it.
There are certain games that are mix of different genres, so where are you going to put them? This is why stuff like that needs to be thought through before doing anything. Better option is to have tags as multiple of those can be applied to a thread. Place of origin (Eastern/Western) is distinctive enough to work as a subforum and tags are created once, but work for both sides.
While atomicity is always worth pursuing, not always achievable without redesigning stuff too much.
You also have to keep in mind amount of needed work and time, because someone has to do it. Ordering a time consuming job that can be achieved faster and in different means is always better, that's why not everyone has qualities for designing things/being a leader. Sifting through pages and isolating non Japanese games will take less time than what you would like to see.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
I dunno, for the life of me I can't figure out what he's talking about.

Pro job on moderating though, disruptive influence nullified.
Don't worry, if you finally get a girlfriend, you will understand what I am talking about.

Anyway, thinking about it... Some amount of work could be reduced faster by taking a little jab at thread owners. Basically, if set of tags is created, a big spam mail could be sent to all, telling them to properly tag their threads or it will be removed in [x] amount of days and poster will loose ability to create threads. Of course, it would be just an empty threat, but should work as I can guarantee that majority of patreon devs will go at it right away, rest is simply "dunno". Doesn't matter though, as it will help with filtering a chunk of threads, as those will be tagged and can be sorted faster.
Rest of tagging can be done later and be demanded when creating a new thread, since it is going to be a slow and mundane process.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Doubtful as I lack whatever mental handicap bestows upon you the delusion that one can identify a user's gender based on text messages that don't explicitly state it.

Also, I'm in the mood to answer OP's question.

I remember talk a long while back about reworking the hentai games section - including giving rpg maker games their own sub-section, among other things. What ever happened to that?
The person who keeps bringing this topic up, and indeed the one who'd be responsible for enacting any changes, doesn't intend to actually do anything. We've beaten this dead horse to paste twice before and the forum is still organized the same.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Doubtful as I lack whatever mental handicap bestows upon you the delusion that one can identify a user's gender based on text messages that don't explicitly state it.
Talks about delusions - speaks some random incoherent bullshit without commas so it's hard to read.
See, now everyone can tell it hit you right in the fee fees... Also, worst part is (for you): I am correct. So... nicely done slicer *slow clap*, I don't even need to add anything more when you sunk yourself xD
Don't try jabbing if you can't take a swing - and no worries, man's pride is not something you have to bother with :D
Also, since Darkfire will feel the need to inject himself because of reasons, unless it's topic related, I will ignore it (not like you can throw anything good anyway), there are other threads if you want to be slapped. Just @ me.
The person who keeps bringing this topic up, and indeed the one who'd be responsible for enacting any changes, doesn't intend to actually do anything. We've beaten this dead horse to paste twice before and the forum is still organized the same.
I guess you are talking about Darkfire here, well, if you actually read what he wrote instead of puffing and getting offended like a woman by shit tier joke, you would know:
Frankly, I could probably just do it all myself, but as with everything I do, I don't like just acting by myself to make sweeping changes without at least seeing what the community feels about it.
Simple issue of not wanting to fuck it for everyone, but you can't satisfy everyone so it's going to loop itself. Shit, I think that Dark can speak for himself, dunno why I even bothered.

OP
Y

YuriTenshi

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Really? That's a bummer. The site could really use some level of organization to make things easier to find. Off chance there's other people who'd be willing to help out in the undertaking? Or was it just the one guy?

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Really? That's a bummer. The site could really use some level of organization to make things easier to find. Off chance there's other people who'd be willing to help out in the undertaking? Or was it just the one guy?
The "guy" willing to do it didn't left. Do you guys even read?
And no, no one else is willing to even try, so "he" already gets enough points for that. You could always do it yourself though.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Don't you have someone else to be an asshole to?
He doesn't, that's why he's on this thread like white on rice. It's better to just ignore him, using the actual ignore function.

It's not an issue of people willing to help. I can't say for certain, only that given the proof I've seen nothing will ever actually be done.

Last edited:

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
I'm assuming this is a dig at me? When have I ever given the impression that I don't intend on doing anything? Why would I even bring up the topic twice if I didn't intend on actually doing anything about it? What possible purpose would that even serve? If I could implement format restructuring, none of these threads would even exist. I would just be moving things around until people were mostly comfortable with it. But instead, I have to get admin approval for it. So now I have to plan all my moves well in advance and that means I have to make sure the changes I make are as close to what people want as I can. This section is nothing like the RP section, where it's just mine to control and everybody has to follow my rules.

But hey, according to both you and Yoshiki, I should apparently just ignore all of you and do as I please from now on. So thread locked. Please await for some changes in the next couple hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.