What's new

[Complete - Full] [whiteapple] Forest and Elf and Friendship (RJ184679) (English Translation)

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
DLSite:
Couldn't find a thread for it.

Here is my third translation, done with the help of kanji reader and online dictionaries, done on RPGMakerTrans. I cannot guarantee this translation in 100% correct.

A small and simple project to get back into the swing of things. A yuri focused game since so few of those get translated.

I like the game, but translating it made me realize that it is incredibly lacking in polish. It is programmed weirdly so that there are multiple identical maps with different events, making it a lot more annoying to find the text to translate. And there are so many mistakes, a ton of formatting errors, people with the wrong names, and even the name of a scene in the gallery was wrong. There's also a bunch of redundant text, as well as text you can't actually see in game. It is a complete mess, but the game is still fun enough, and I did my best to improve things for the players.

Patch is in the attached files.

Patch instructions:
0 - If you don't have a Data folder, you'll need to start by decrypting the game's files, as taught by other tutorials.
1 - Extract the files.
2 - Use RPGMakerTrans, targeting the RPGMKTRANSPATCH.

TL Notes

- Important characters in this game are actors, so you would only need to use actor speaker tags to put names on their dialogue boxes. Just translating the names of the actors was enough to deal with most of those, but one particular actor's name in dialogue boxes refused to change even after translating the actor name. I had to change the actor speaker tags for every dialogue of that actor into normal name dialogue tags used for the npcs in order to get around that issue.

Attachments

OP
Arenara

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
Oh yeah, this was something I was planning to ask earlier, but I forgot. Is there anyone who would be willing to do some small image editing for this project? It would simply consist of redrawing the images used for the main menu in order to say "New Game", "Continue" and "Quit". It's not really a big deal, but it feels a bit annoying to have japanese characters featuring so proeminently in a translation.

Shiryuu612

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Oh yeah, this was something I was planning to ask earlier, but I forgot. Is there anyone who would be willing to do some small image editing for this project? It would simply consist of redrawing the images used for the main menu in order to say "New Game", "Continue" and "Quit". It's not really a big deal, but it feels a bit annoying to have japanese characters featuring so proeminently in a translation.
Hello Just wanna ask there seems to be a bug in the game here I'll screenshot it
Game_tl55LJH4xa.png
Is this related to your translation or is it from the game?

OP
Arenara

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
I... Didn't really do anything that would affect this. And considering how badly programmed this game is, I don't find it surprising that there are bugs in it.

Shiryuu612

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I... Didn't really do anything that would affect this. And considering how badly programmed this game is, I don't find it surprising that there are bugs in it.
Oh so that bug came from the game then? I was just asking because i was suprised that happened

OP
Arenara

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
I have no idea where I'd even start trying to fix something like that.

Flaiv

Reputation score
Patch instructions:
0 - If you don't have a Data folder, you'll need to start by decrypting the game's files, as taught by other tutorials.
1 - Extract the files.
2 - Use RPGMakerTrans, targeting the RPGMKTRANSPATCH.

Can't get the patcher to work, can you give a little more detailed instructions?
It doesn't react after I select the game EXE as the source, so I can't even proceed to choose a path for the TL patch.

using rpgmakertrans version 4.5.7

OP
Arenara

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
Can't get the patcher to work, can you give a little more detailed instructions?
It doesn't react after I select the game EXE as the source, so I can't even proceed to choose a path for the TL patch.

using rpgmakertrans version 4.5.7
Do you have an rgss3a file in the same folder as the executable? You'd have to use a decrypter on it to get the data folder and whatever else out, place them in the folder and delete the rgss3a file.

Otherwise, what do you mean by 'doesn't react'? Does the 'patch location' option simply remain grayed out? Lastly, do you have any patch options enabled? Because you don't need any of them.