What's new

Witch's Chess Out of Character Discussion

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score
Re: A simple and elegant PbP game...

I still keep thinking of rape skeletons and all the 'boner' jokes that could be made.

ZeroSpace

Lurker
Reputation score

I could put in 'demonic dead' as Necrophilla.
Like not really Zombies, but things that technically counts as dead.
Like Ghosts, they don't need a rotting body to 'do' things to you you know.
Banshees and what not, um... we can have Ghouls or something, I don't know, but if you want to put it in I am 100% for it as long as it's not Rotting Sex.

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score

I like everything cept futa and "Heavy furries"

randomwords

Lurker
Reputation score

Tent-Yes
Futa-Not so much
Sex crazed animals-Yes
Demons and stuff-Yes
Necro-Tasteful Necro is fine nothing gross
Furries-Tasteful again bunny ears, cat ears, a tail, paws are even fine just not so furry that your eating furballs.

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

WARNING, HUGE POST INCOMING.

Here's the introduction/character creation post as promised:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tick…tock…tick…tock…

The sound of various clocks...the scribbling of a pen…the dripping of water… These are the sounds that fill your head as you slowly drift into consciousness, and the only sense you have for now. These sounds, although generally common, possess a strange enigmatic feeling to them when one is denied the remainder of one’s senses. Thinking this, you indulge yourself in this strange feeling for the longest time, almost as a child might explore a new or old toy that has come into their possession. Then, the sense of “touch” returns, and you are able to feel the smooth, cold, marble floor touching your face as you realize you have been laying face down the entire time. A shiver runs through you as your brain registers the frigidity of the room, your body reacting as fit in an attempt to warm itself. Shortly after, your sense of smell returns to you , and you become aware that asides from a faint scent of incense, the room appears to be quite dusty, implying that it’s quite old. Then comes the sense of taste as a salty sensation fills your mouth before disappearing and being replaced with that of saliva. Last but not least, is the sense of sight, which allows you to finally stand up steadily and turn towards the direction in which the sounds are coming from, to behold quite the exquisite sight. There, atop a small desk of sorts, is the only source of light illuminating what would otherwise be a pitch-black room, and behind that was an enigmatic woman dressed in blue, working away at filling out papers with a quill pen. Countless antique clocks ornament the wall directly to the back of this woman, each clock displaying a different time, each clock moving at a different speed. All the mysteries the sole sense of “hearing” had presented before you was answered with this, except for the drops of liquid which continued even now, seeming to come from the same direction as the rest, but invisible to the naked eye. What was this sound’s origin? What purpose did all these things serve? Such questions fill your mind as you approach the lady behind the desk almost subconsciously, as if the sight had been designed to draw you towards her. And perhaps the room had been designed, for this sole purpose, as when you came close enough to her, she lifted up her head almost automatically to address you.

”Ah, another faceless one in need of guidance I presume?... Curious about the clocks I take it?...”

The woman is fluent in her speech, and the tone of voice used is one that a secretary for a large scale corporation might use. However, rather than smiling kindly, or adopting a strict-business type look, the expression on her face could be described as an enigmatic smirk at best, one which she kept unchanged the entire time she spoke.

” These clocks are part of the Lady’s winnings from multiple games with her friends, quite enchanting are they not?...”

When the silver-haired girl looked at you as if waiting for a response, you found your voice lacking and unable to vocalize one no matter how hard you try. But, surprisingly enough, the woman answers this dilemma almost instantly, as if she knew the result from the start.

” No need to speak my dear, you won’t need to until the Lady arrives anyway. For now, take this to keep you occupied.”
It was then, that this blue garbed woman pulled out a golden sheet of parchment from a seemingly endless stack within her drawer, complete with many fields to form out but lacking a writing utensil with which to do so. Once again however, the girl seems to read your mind in advance, and give you the answer you require instantly.

“ Simply use your mind darling, the parchment will do the rest. Simply try to remember as hard as you can in regards to what it asks you and it will fill itself out automatically…

And this, was what the parchment read:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What is your name?:

How old were you as far back as you can remember?:

What do you look like in your memories?: ((OOC: Please do provide me with a picture if possible, as I believe I will employ a similar “avatar” system as AWMBI to allow for easy visualization. That or a VERY good description on what your character looks like.))

What took place within the past as far as you can remember?: ((OOC: Limit is 2-4 weeks, note this plays a MAJOR role in determining what your “memory skills”/ starting location is in. Your character should have no memory of things not related to things in these 2-4 weeks))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amazingly enough, the parchment fills itself with precise details about yourself derived from your memories, some that you yourself were unsure of. Somewhat astonished, as you hand the paper to the blue-garbed woman, you fail to notice a possibly cruel smile that appears upon the girl’s face when you do so, having been too awestruck by the “magic” you had just witnessed. In fact, so great was the shock of coming into contact with such an extraordinary thing, that you remained lost in thought until the silver haired girl began to speak again.

”And that’s everything! Now if I may have you turn your attention to the clock directly behind me…”

Clock? Which clock could she possibly mean? Or so you thought, until you saw her pointing to an enormous grandfather clock towering above the room that you had somehow failed to notice before. How could you have possibly failed to notice such a thing before? Was it perhaps “magic” as you saw earlier?... It is then, that your attention is drawn to the clock face itself.

11:59, a few seconds before 12:00

That’s an odd number…if perhaps a frightening one should a person be a horror buff. “Midnight” was almost always an ominous time, the end of a previous day and the beginning of a new day. Yet why had the girl pointed this out particularly?...

Ding…Dong….Ding…Dong…

Upon the bell striking twelve, the world suddenly begins to shake around you, and you begin to feel horribly nauseous, and are forced to your knees by all of the vibrations. There, kneeling on the floor, you look up to see the blue garbed girl with the same enigmatic expression as before, explaining to you in regards to what was happening.

” Rejoice oh faceless one! Everything you need that was taken from you shall now be returned to you, upon the arrival of the Lady. Everything shall then go in accordance to the Lady’s wishes as you play upon a most delightful gameboard she has prepared for you, one which will certainly be quite entertaining!”

The vibrations caused by the tolling of the bell growing stronger with each passing second, you find your vision beginning to blur as your head is suddenly filled with immense pain. Vision blurring, and your senses beginning to fade once more, you can barely make out the silver-haired woman crouching down to your level in front of you, a sadistic smile on her face, as she leaned forward and whispered into your ear in an oddly soft but stimulating tone.

” Welcome to the game little pet, I do look forward to day when we meet on the board itself…

And with that, your vision blacks out, the last thing you hear is a sinister laugh mocking you as your mind fades away…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's an OOC character sheet for anyone who fails to understand the IC character sheet:

Name:
Background(Only the past two-four weeks of the character's real life):

Also, cookies to anyone who can guess what type of being our blue girl Liza is...

That said, comments?

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

Ok ill post now that I'm finished reading that. This is all looking nice Keylo.

I have a question. Exactly what happens if your character gets defeated by an enemy? Is it game over or do people get second chances?

ZeroSpace

Lurker
Reputation score

Is Below 18 allowed?
Just asking....

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

@BG: Errr not fully ready for character creation yet, mainly as I have to finalize the memory skill trees. But as for game overs? Similar to AWMBI, in that yes... you do get second chances. Current design is that you'll all be knocked out, rescued by NPCs "once per day" (meaning, if you go out again after that and get raped unconscious again, you'll be dragged away to some breeding den until the next day's "recovery" ). Do note that in my current basic planning, there's an exception for missions, in which players will be forced to save the players... mainly as the area is considered too dangerous or too out of the way for any safe haven guards...

@Zero: Use common sense >_>;;... But in other words. No.

Last edited:

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I'll see about creating a character and reading through all that when I wake up tomorrow. (Unless character creation isn't done yet)

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Not fully done yet, as I need to finish the memory skill trees... although to be honest, you could make a character and just add the memory skills later. >.>;;

ZeroSpace

Lurker
Reputation score

Hm...
Boredom has it's ups I guess.

Name:Mirella
Appearance:
(Taken at her Senior prom)
Background/Memories: She remembers that she played Bass and was in her last year of High School. She could very easily be Bi, but she had never dated a girl as she was semi-scared, but had thought of asking a girl out recently. Her familiy was nice to her, she had a Brother, and they were all excited that her birthday is two days after her graduation and they talked about it a couple days ago. She also signed up for a Acrobatics Tournament 2 weeks ago as she was pretty agile, and it was gonna start in a few days. She also likes to swim everyday which improved her breathing. She's not a straight A student however and is quite lazy, only enegetic in things she's interested in, but she's actually quite smart. (And this is around 1 week back to 3 weeks. Did I do it right?)
(And I don't feel like adding more, tell me if you need more.)

Last edited:
OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Um, specify the time range of her memories?... Yes, I stated 2-4 weeks, but I'd prefer if you give me the actual range you're going back to...

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

What sort of world are the characters coming from and thus retaining memories of? Modern Earth copy, fantasy world, future tech world, etc?

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Modern earth actually, the setting of the game itself is also "modern earth" but in ruins/in the beginning of ruination and with a few touches of the supernatural. Of course, whether or not there's truly a difference between the "Lady's game board" and the world our characters come from is another story...

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hrm... I think I'm going to have to see how memory points work out before I post a character or anything. I mean, you can do a *lot* of stuff in two weeks if it's the right two weeks, but what's exactly useful to remember? Presumably you recall how to speak at least English (or equivalent), but I'd assume remembering how you were a female Batman... wouldn't actually give you batman-like abilities.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'll wait until the memories are finished, and keep this as a placeholder for my character.

Also, in regards to Necrophilia: Ever read the Dresden Files books by Jim Butcher? There are sex vampires.

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Here's a test of a new character sheet I'm working out which includes stats, derived stats, etc as well as a sneak peak of some "memory" skills.

Name:Reina, "Maitresse de Salut"
Appearance:

Level:20

Power: 2
Dexterity: 3
Mind: 9
Endurance: 2

Stamina: {[(End*2)+Pow] *2} + 10 = 22
Orgasm: {[(End+ Mind] *3} + 10 = 43
Speed: (Dex + Pow/2) *2 = 8
Purity: (Mind * End * 4) + 10 = 82 (+5 Sheltered = 87 purity)
Willpower: (Mind/2 + Endurance/3) = 5.1666... = 5
Skills:

Salvation: Restore a party member's purity in exchange for some one your own. ( Use one purity to heal four purity)
Heaven's Wrath: Call forth divine lightning to strike enemies multiple times. Costs 40 purity to cast. (Does the sum of 3 d10 damage * Mind).
Fortune's Blessing: Infuses party members temporarily with a "stroke of good luck". Costs 10 purity to cast. ( Temporarily adds +2 to rolls for the duration of two rounds)

Memories:

First Aid (Rank 3)

Proficiency in the art of medicine. Having been a healer and a mystic in the past, Reina is capable of giving emergency treatment as needed in a desperate situation based on what knowledge she has managed to salvage from her memories.

Charisma (Rank 5)

Beloved by people surrounding her as far as she can remember, this charisma and charm that attracts others to her has carried on even to this ruined city in which others become compelled to help and support her naturally.

Occult Knowledge (Rank 3)

Having been born a "mystic" of sorts in her community, Reina possesses a general idea in regards to common legends and lore, granting her an advantage in the Lady's game should similar beings manifest themselves. That being said, she is a bit unclear on the "finer details" of the more specific things...

Sheltered (Rank 1)

Although the members of her community tried the best to keep her protected from everything, Reina's curious nature caused her to still venture out and learn things that she was better off not knowing. That is not to say of course, that these attempts by the people around her have caused her to remain "pure" of certain things due to a lack of knowledge. Ignorance is bliss...?

Unbending Resolve (Rank 4)

Even before the start of the game, Reina has always been firm in her beliefs and in doing everything she can to follow through with them. Unwavering, confident, and never moving from her position once her mind's set, the Lady's game only serves to reinforce this aspect of her and making her one of the most valuable pieces on the side of the Forgotten.

Background: Will remain hidden until revealed by the plotline or another character's attempts at investigating...

Unused Memory points: (0.5)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Any comments/questions? (For example, the derived stats... seeing as I'm not too happy with them.)

Last edited:

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Why aren't you happy with the derived stats?

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Nah... I'm just thinking that con plays too much of a role in these stats... Course CON isn't that useful in actions but... yeah...

Oh and quick note... while there is no stat cap, do note that I severely doubt any of the characters will be able to hit "9 mind", seeing as that's probably the equivalent of AWMBI's 5 as far as stats are concerned... Anything above 10 is far beyond human limits, although that's not to say that demons and such won't have them.

Last edited:

ZeroSpace

Lurker
Reputation score

Con DOES influence too much doesn't it?
You could switch out some CON stats and put in POW instead I suppose...

Orgasm: {[(Power+ Mind] *3} + 10 = 43
It's the same as Con + Mind btw, you screwed up your math.