What's new

Witch's Chess Out of Character Discussion

Re: A simple and elegant PbP game...

i did not say full limbs or anything like that. Just injuries and stuff. You would not exactly know if you had any Injuries... Well not with that opening. But its mostly like mental diseases or stuff like that really that you could use. Physical things could be figured out if the Master of the game wants to mess with someone depending on their memory.

Example:

*I remember walking out of shop. I went to cross the road and there was an accident that barely missed me as i got up i noticed one of the cars was on fire so i went to help the people out of the cars. I got everyone out and then when trying to get away the cars exploded. I remember waking up in a hospital.*

The master of the game can say that the person walks with a limp due to accident or their right arm is weaker than their left. Or they might have had some internal injuries that required work but they dont know about it because they dont remember so maybe if they have something on their inside to keep them alive they can find out the hard way.

Play with it. These are just ideas

PM sent to aika and Nunu for the subforums...

On another note, I am preparing a "treat" in addition to the memory skill trees for anyone interested in the game to be due within 24 hours of the subforum's creation... One that people who like plot development/backstory, or want to actually know what the hell is going on will most certainly enjoy.

I'm so damn busy right now. Today I had to help my aunt move and tomorrow is my birthday. I hope I don't miss out on everything.

I'm so damn busy right now. Today I had to help my aunt move and tomorrow is my birthday. I hope I don't miss out on everything.

Happy early B-Day :D

And yes i know there is a b-day thread i just wanted to say it here lol.

Yay!

Memo to self, passing out for over 10 hours is ill advised... Either way, I'm up to drawbacks on the memory skills... guess who's actually including descriptions despite saying he won't earlier? >.>

@randomwords: "Rules of the Game" (unreleased, but still).

"The Forgotten, out of good will by the Lady, will be liberated of any and all physical ailments they may have at the start of a game so as to ensure maximum enjoyment. "

So nope to actual physical disabilities... although mental trauma and such from having physical disabilities could be added as a drawback I suppose if you want it that much.

@BG: It's fine, I probably won't be able to start this off until the end of next week anyway. Happy Birthday, and enjoy!

Double post but.. blah, my subforum.

Just a quick heads up that a "Willpower" derived stat has been added to the sample character sheet on page 2, so anyone planning out builds in advance please that note of that. Also, drawbacks are finished are finished for memory traits/skill so... that only leaves the crap load of "skills" like first aid and electronics...

First aid, Mechanic, Weaponry (heavy, light, melee, ect..), computers, Stealth/sneaking, Disguises, Barter, trapping, lock picking, driving, some kind of crafting thing??

some ideas

Something like that, not too sure about "diving" though, nor classifying weapons as "heavy, light, etc" seeing as shooting a gun is different than beating people to death with a pipe. Also, disguises won't help when everything is trying to strip/rape you, especially when the enemies can tell you're a human/rapable by scent/"purity aura"...

u mean driving i am hoping. driving can be important depending. but they were just ideas just to help you out :D

Well let's see, while driving is included... I must say, good luck finding an intact car... and the gasoline for it...

.... interest shown?

:D

I haven't missed the character creation boat have I?

I'd guess the heavy/light classifications would be for guns. Firing a minigun is quite different than firing a pistol.

yes firing a mini gun is a LOT different than firing a pistol.

one goes, BANG... BANG..

the other goes...

DAKA DAKA DAKA DAKA DAKA.

Hold on a sec, I thought it went Rat-tat-tat-tat

Guns are seperated by type (hand guns, rifles, etc), make no mistake there, same with melee weapons(blunt, swords, knives, etc).

@Gatorbait: Nope. Character creation hasn't officially started yet actually lol... At least until memory skills/traits are done.

No comment on the sounds of machine guns. All I hear are the lovely screams of people dying :3.

So much for a simple PbP game, eh? ;)

Yea I was thinking the same thing....

*Goes back to rolling dice ^_^*

Pft, it's still simple enough, in that logic/common sense take precedence over dice. And the fact that I've kept it to only a few types of dice/stats makes me happy enough ;P. Can't say the same for the assload of skill descriptions I have to type up though.

What if there's a super awesome ability called, (Raptor Jesus)?

It's automatically used when you run out of stamina, refilling it, but depleting your purity.

Best suggestion evah, am i rite? :D

Back