What's new

ACT [WOD] Metal Flame

JUST_HIT_IT

Reputation score
lUZ_gf.gif

DLSite:
Steam:
A new game developed by WOD( / ),same dev from Dancing Reaper(ulmf) but better CGs so far.

This is a sci-fi style 2d platform shooter game and now get a free public version( ).

Gameplay: An action shooter platformer game where you run along the level, jump on platforms, aim and shoot mechanical enemies, and a support bot will follow you and provide firepower.
Enemies will grab you when you run out of HP, and you will switch to control the support bot to help escape and give first aid.

Story: A girl named "葵", fight against mechanical enemies with support bot. Not much is known yet.

H-content: Pixel animated erotic scene, High-res animated CG(not in the public version), touchable character standing drawing(None-H)

Fetishes: Combat Rape, mechanical sex, Pregnancy
The game can be controlled with the keyboard and mouse.
A/D: Move
S:Squat
W:Interact
Space: Jump
R: Reload
E: Change weapon
Q: Menu
Mouse L: Shoot
Esc: Quit

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
This thread has been moved to the H-Section to be locked due to a lack of gameplay information. If you wish to preserve this thread, please PM a moderator with an updated OP.

Edit - Thread unlocked.

Last edited:

tsuchinoko92

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Nifty that the public demo includes an extra stage, it even gives a rocket launcher! Really hoping the handgun gets buffs, not even 2 chips make it close to decent.

The lighting effects are impressive so far, outdoor stage seems promising:

IAmAKi

Reputation score
Eeeeeh, I'm fucking pissed about this title.

They introduced a demo of a 2D metroidvania-like before this with a couple of demos, you could play a girl with a whip-like weapon and beat up various enemies that attacked you with H-scenes for some. The graphics looked much nicer overall, the gameplay was a good framework of things to come, and then they just stopped working on it...

The second demo came slightly before the development of this game, which leads me to believe they either postponed or cancelled that title to work on something significantly less impressive.
Like I don't know what's with this circle. They have good artists and coders but they squander what they got on mediocre titles with tiny pixel art.

tsuchinoko92

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
They introduced a demo of a 2D metroidvania-like before this with a couple of demos, you could play a girl with a whip-like weapon and beat up various enemies that attacked you with H-scenes for some. The graphics looked much nicer overall, the gameplay was a good framework of things to come, and then they just stopped working on it...
Having tried the first demo of ''CodeNameRH'' , it did have interesting mechanics like the whip being able to pull enemies, and glaringly, a double jump I wish Metal Flame had; could have worked better as a one shot game if it was to cease development so soon.

analogman

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The whip weapons sounds more interesting than just shooting enemies

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
The game came out btw a few days ago.

There's a pretty good amount of content for a 2D ACT game. Sprite sex and in-game HCG sex while able to use a continue to keep going right there and then, as well as an impregnation and pregnancy mechanic that rewards you with more chips to equip or fuse for better stats. After the egg laying scene anyway. There is also a GOR ending on various stages with a preggo belly alt if she's preggo at the time, but the game lets you continue afterwards. Now this is a good example of ACT H game mechanics done right; not much fuss, H game mechanics that go hand and hand with the gameplay, and plenty of reason to keep playing on your joystick heh.

I will say however, that there was a bit too much grind and platforming in-between the content. The final stage is 7-3 and there are a few stages that don't offer anything new content wise, the game probably would have been better if the developer trimmed the excess fat so to speak on the extra levels and currency to upgrade. On the plus side, after you level the pistol or the 4th gun, they have a dash ability that seems to be bugged and allows you to infinitely dash megaman/contra hard crops style if you just hold on to the alt fire right click. It's not perfect invulnerability, but it does make speeding through the stages exceptionally faster and probably should never be fixed heh. The Beam electro sword sup weapon is really strong and probably the best weapon to use to clean up the bosses. You can drag the chips to the slots with the left mouse button, even though it doesn't show the chip being dragged it is being dragged.

Here's my full save in case people want to check out the HCG gallery, the gallery unlocks everything when you beat the last stage and pick up the H recorder somewhere in the Metroid style escape stage. Savedata location is C:\Users\--you---\AppData\LocalLow\WindofDaybreak\MetalFlame

Attachments

Last edited:

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Thank you very much for sharing friend and for the detailed review on the game, that way i know exactly what i'm getting into. This one has been on my radar for some time but wasn't entirely convinced on the contents, and judging by your description i'm still a little wary, i'm an old fart that's not a fan of those "well implemented H systems on gameplay" as it takes away from the immersive aspect that classical game over rape brings from a narrative perspective. Glad it still has some of it, pretty much the sole reason i'd be trying tnis.

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Not sure what kind of narrative you speak of considering there's never any text. The GOR scenes in this H game are indicative of what happens to her after capture. All the same, you probably just need to play those html text based games.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Thread moved to the H-Games section.

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Not sure what kind of narrative you speak of considering there's never any text. The GOR scenes in this H game are indicative of what happens to her after capture. All the same, you probably just need to play those html text based games.
narrative does not mean text you dummy
anyway, as much as i'm interested in this topic, this is not the place to discuss these things, though, all discussion should be about this game

Last edited:

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
narrative =/= text you dummy

I take it English is not your first language. Either way, the only presentable representation true GOR brings is frustration. I guess masochism in the sense of time wasted and perhaps edging can be considered a fetish to enjoy in that manner.

JuJuBee06

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Just curious if I am the only one experiencing this bug: most of the time when I die, if the enemy reaches me for the animation before I use the revive command, I get locked into the animation and am forced to quit to title screen with esc. Anyone had this issue and know a workaround?
Edit: maybe this is due to me playing the demo version that certain features are locked out?

Last edited:

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
wikipedia said:
...Narratives can be presented through a sequence of written or spoken words, still or moving images, or any combination of these....
Hey, Mikufanboy are you perhaps young Earth creationist (flat-earther ?) / originalist ?

Also, there's at least one more way that term is used in story-telling context - one that refers to the way events are retold.

Last edited:

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Just curious if I am the only one experiencing this bug: most of the time when I die, if the enemy reaches me for the animation before I use the revive command, I get locked into the animation and am forced to quit to title screen with esc. Anyone had this issue and know a workaround?
Edit: maybe this is due to me playing the demo version that certain features are locked out?
I haven't experienced this issue in the full game, but there are bugs in the game like the infinite dash so who know.

Hey, Mikufanboy are you perhaps young Earth creationist (flat-earther ?) / originalist ?

Also, there's at least one more way that term is used in story-telling context - one that refers to the way events are retold.
What kind of opening is that? You trying to shit on people that believe in CTs or just meme'ing? Because if it's the former then your issue isn't English so much as gullibility, but that's nether here nor there for sure. But to answer the question, no.

The point of the argument was that text is a narrative tool, so his notion that text isn't, was invalid, even if text isn't the only method it is still a method.

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
more off topic banter for this guy (if you keep your replies as nonsensical i may just stop replying, mikufanboy, maybe i should have done so already)

I take it English is not your first language. Either way, the only presentable representation true GOR brings is frustration. I guess masochism in the sense of time wasted and perhaps edging can be considered a fetish to enjoy in that manner.
From your very same link, in one of the very first paragraphs:
Narratives can be presented through a sequence of written or spoken words, still or moving images, or any combination of these.

I take it using your brain is not the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning. Either way, let's see

"The point of the argument was that text is a narrative tool, so his notion that text isn't, was invalid, even if text isn't the only method it is still a method."
Lacking reading comprehension i see, let me sort it out a little more for you.
Narrative does not necessarily mean text
Narrative can be text OR images OR a combination of both

Is that okay enough for your little brain to comprehend, or not yet?

GOR, as we all know, stands for Game Over Rape. Rape is meant to be a punishment, that's what makes it hot, how rapey is it when it's truly less punishing or even beneficial in some way?, unless the MC is a succubus or something that absorbs cum or whatever then no, it does not make sense, you can suspend your disbelief, you can enjoy it, but you cannot go saying hurr durr the only thing it brings is frustration.

Slightly off topic, this is about that other game, i'm trying out the demo. That white haired girl is cute, anyway, i'm getting an error the moment enemies knock me down, it outputs this line multiple times:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
The game keeps going on like nothing and i can get up however i believe enemies should approach her and initiate the h animation when she's knocked down, but they do nothing? Also if i die the error pops up again and i can keep walking. Anyone of you who played that demo experienced this?
Maybe the proper place to discuss that other demo would be in a new thread, but tbh i think this is the last we'll be seeing of it, considering there was yet ANOTHER game in the works before that also silently died. Sad.

Last edited:

IAmAKi

Reputation score
Now that the full game of this is out, may the circle swiftly forget about it and return to their previous one.

No offense to anyone who enjoys this title though, it's not bad. Just the other one looked so much more interesting.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
No idea how to change chips for the support robot. Each time I click on the chip, it will change to the new one but will default back to the rocket launcher when I exit from the interface.

Edit: Figured it out. Click on the desired chip, drag it to the grey box for the suit or the grey rectangle for the support robot. For weapons, click on the weapon until it's in its own screen, then do the same.

Last edited:

DoggieDog52

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
It's not bad. Plays well, feels mostly fair, and the weapons are enjoyable enough. I will agree that it feels a bit slow at times, especially since there aren't many new mobs per level. There's usually only one or two per world with a boss and some don't give H-scenes while others use the same ones as others.

Good H though. My only gripe is that the gallery doesn't give you the option to have sound effects on. You can turn the music off in the options if you wanted but no sound effects devalues the gallery sadly. The pregnancy scenes also aren't in the gallery which there are a lot of and often have full body art where other scenes are slightly cut off. Would've been nice to have those. Also would've liked to be able to change her facial expression as she has different ones depending on how much sex you've had.

Overall enjoyable with good art. A few tweaks and cutting down the length of the game would make this even better.