What's new

Wolfenstahl

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Wolfenstahl

Sooooooo... how long do you have to wait for the game to start? I've been waiting for 5 mins now lol. I checked the task manager and noticed the game takes up 1GB RAM loool! Well I have 8 GBs ram and atm only 43% are being used (with the game running) so I can't understand why it's taking this long...

Kunoichi ninpocho

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Step Event
for object Loading_Engine:

Failed to initialize loading engine

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Step Event

You probably have Windows 7 and I'm gonna assume you have the game extracted into desktop, so just move the game fold into C drive and it's fixed.

On another note regarding my last post, been waiting for 15 mins now and it's still not past the loading screen... any help here would be appreciated.

J

jb28147

You probably have Windows 7 and I'm gonna assume you have the game extracted into desktop, so just move the game fold into C drive and it's fixed.

On another note regarding my last post, been waiting for 15 mins now and it's still not past the loading screen... any help here would be appreciated.
Did you try pressing the X or Enter key inside the game? It could be that the game did freeze.

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

Did you try pressing the X or Enter key inside the game? It could be that the game did freeze.
I can't get past the loading screen, I've been waiting and waiting, pressed every key already lol.

J

jb28147

I can't get past the loading screen, I've been waiting and waiting, pressed every key already lol.
Then you might have to exit the game by task manager. It seems like the game might have freeze.

Could be a bad download, could be that it might need Windows Vista/7 to run.

Last edited:

Minerve

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Failed to initialize loading engine[/quite]

I've got it too wherever I stock the content... Maybe
a bad download, but then, there's not only one person.

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

Then you might have to exit the game by task manager. It seems like the game might have freeze.

Could be a bad download, could be that it might need Windows Vista/7 to run.
I have Windows 7 Professional lol

Edit* Re-downloaded the game, ran it, waiting.... and still nothing...

Last edited:

DarkfallDC

Lurker
Reputation score

Somehow, it just doesn't have the same impact for me without the story and endings =(.

Jaydubs

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm gonna say, I really missed the text. I know there are translation hurdles associated with that, but the writing was really quite good.

And is it just me or did some of the pics disappear completely? I remember there being more from the first tentacle ending in the earlier versions.

Still a buy (assuming ease of purchase and reasonable price), but I would encourage you to put the text back in if at all possible. It added a lot to the game IMO, and I can't imagine it's that much work compared to the spriting/art/programming. I could be wrong of course. If translation is the issue, have you considered asking for volunteers? There might be some japanese speaking fans in either these or some other forums willing to help?

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

The only thing I can think of is make sure you have the latest Directx, and make sure the game path is short and not write protected.

Other options:

You could try unzipping in either 7-zip or Peazip
Make sure the file cgzerosave.sav is being created
Try to run in fullscreen by opening options.ini and setting fullscreen=0 to fullscreen=1

(Sorry, running out of ideas.)
Latest DirectX (Check)
Short game path (Check)
7-zip or Peazip (Ignored, I'm 100% sure it has nothing to do with the file compression method)
Check if cgzerosave.sav file is being created (Check)
Toggled Fullscreen option (Check)

Still not getting past loading screen...

Edit* Well now I even did a full clean, meaning, I released every resource that was being used for no main reason and shutdown my computer for 5 mins, could be an overcharge of the components, so did it just in case and to no avail...

Last edited:

RoadBuster

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I get the same error running Windows7.

I tried to copy the game to the C: Drive without any help.

I also tried running it as admin with no luck.

J

jb28147

Ignore what I said above, this game isn't working correctly because there is no text on any bad ends, while the game didn't crashed for me, it seems like it is crashing for others.
wolfenstahl.blogspot.de/2012/12/paperheads-20121201-trial-ver09.html#comment-form

For anyone who want to still played this game, here a copy of the older beta.
mediafire.com/?a0dcxshhbbgqgfr

To be honest, I thought the game was fine when I played it for a little bit, but then I realize when I hit a bad end and found out the text was missing.

I realized that I'm not very good at tech support.

Jose

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I have windows 7, and I don't know if it makes a difference, but I ran rf.exe, then I clicked paperheads trial.exe and now it works, maybe I'm just weird...but if you haven't tried, you can try it, it doesn't hurt anyway...

MoodWhiplash

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

cgsave.sav values for the lazy folks out there:

cgunlockone = 221
cgunlocktwo = 103
cgunlockthree = 483
cgunlockfour = 512
cgunlockfive = 744
cgunlocksix = 577
cgunlockseven = 819
cgunlockeight = 361
cgunlocknine = 428
cgunlockten = 587
cgunlocktwelve = 263
cgunlockthirteen = 811

Wolfenstahl

Demon Girl
Reputation score

FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Step Event

I think I might get rid of some of the external loading, since this error is related to that.
(yeah I used some script I found for external loading, and it worked so far... but somehow this error message only appears to some players... in any case, I can't ignore this, so I guess I remove the external loading stuff)

I have windows 7, and I don't know if it makes a difference, but I ran rf.exe, then I clicked paperheads trial.exe and now it works, maybe I'm just weird...but if you haven't tried, you can try it, it doesn't hurt anyway...
Usually the game starts up the rf.exe for loading itself, yes.
Maybe it doesn't start up if you're not in administrator mode?
(I'll investigate this a bit, but I guess I'll just remove the external loading stuff)

I'm gonna say, I really missed the text. I know there are translation hurdles associated with that, but the writing was really quite good.
Yes, the text has been removed on purpose.
Only very few CG's have some text, and this is only for explanation of the situation.

I'm also aware that it's taking away something nice from the game, but well, even after asking multiple times for volunteer japanese test-readers I got no real response to it.
And I don't like the idea of having weird japanese text in the final game, that might look stupid.
(yes there will be two versions of the game then)

Skipping on the text also saves us time, so we can work a bit faster.
I hope that the finished game gets us a bit more attention, so we might find some test-readers for future projects then.

And is it just me or did some of the pics disappear completely? I remember there being more from the first tentacle ending in the earlier versions.
Yes, we removed some of the tentacle hentai-pics.
Currently only boss enemies have CG-scenes (more than one pic).

In fact in our early stages of the game, we made a whole CG-scene out of the tentacle stuff... it was uhm... 13 pictures?
(I only implemented 4 of them into the game)
But we realized that it is way too much work, so we made a decission here.
(well, maybe those 13 pictures of the CG-scene will be uploaded somewhere? I have no idea what our artist wants to do with it, the CG's are also in the "old" style, so it would be weird to use it ingame)

Anyway, I'm going to check out that loading error.
As soon as I come up with a solution, I'll upload it and post the fixed version on the blog.
(but I think this will take a couple of days, since I also have to go to school and have other private stuff to do)

I think I'll get rid of some of the external loading stuff, as I mentioned before.
(this should fix it for sure)

Thanks for the bug reports!

~Wolfenstahl~

Sephra

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I love the newest update, it gives me alot of hope for the game as a whole! As a windows 7 user it didn't trigger any problems for me, and despite an initial frame rate lag it seemed alot smoother than the previous versions I've played.

As far as the game over scenes go though, I would urge you to include the text into the game again; I realise it is not as important to everyone but speaking as someone who is used to having to translate from a foriegn language, even if the translation isn't 100% it's still alot nicer to at least see a narrative rather than a simple 'this is what happened' picture.

Quite honestly if it meant having even a short description to accompany each picture I'd offer to write it myself; in my view it can only add to your game.

DarkShadow

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Sooooooo... how long do you have to wait for the game to start? I've been waiting for 5 mins now lol. I checked the task manager and noticed the game takes up 1GB RAM loool! Well I have 8 GBs ram and atm only 43% are being used (with the game running) so I can't understand why it's taking this long...
IDK, I honestly think that something went very wrong during the development process of this game. The first demo that was released ran perfectly on my PC and as far as I know there were no complaints about performance issues at all. Once the later versions started being released a bunch of people started having performance issues.

At any rate does anyone still have the first demo that was released? I lost mine. I would really like to get it back because that's the one that worked on my PC. Could anyone upload it, please?

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

Only problem/bug I ran across was when you get to a room where you must fight through to be able to open a door out, if you try to get out before, it left "Someone is blocking the door..." up and it will not go away. Even after saving, exiting and loading. Must start a new game for it to go away.

ngansex

Sex Demon
Reputation score

oh yes,game need some text as old :D
people may not understand JAPANESE but can understand ENLICH (english ) :D