What's new

ACT [X・らびっと] Vivi and The Magic Island/ヴィヴィと魔法の島 (RJ01129599)

nguyentri666force

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Every time I try to start up the game it closes itself and I'm not sure why. Already tried to allow the firewall to make an exception for it.

Kiniho

Reputation score
Every time I try to start up the game it closes itself and I'm not sure why. Already tried to allow the firewall to make an exception for it.
Problem with your antivirus. Same with me, windev blocking to run this game

nguyentri666force

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Disabled antivirus but it still didn't do anything. Also tried running it as administrator

crat1n3

Lurker
Reputation score
I hope this doesn't count as necro yet but I just can't resist to point it out
She kinda resembles Chii Aruel from Soulworker

probably coincidence? but the first attacks 4 atttacks also looks similar
1575304446989.png
Chii Aruel.gif

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
o_O Days or even months of inactivity do not make a post in a thread a necro. As a rule of thumb, close to a full year is what would. I comment now because I see alot of people mentioning necro when threads haven't even been inactive for half a year.

Tenma

Reputation score
Yeah, as the post is vaguely on topic it's not a senseless bump. Forums exist because activity happens, if old threads or even newer thread can't be used after a day, or even years of inactivity than new threads need to be made. Leading to redundancy in the search results, and more work for moderators were old threads in need of locking and editing to direct to the latest thread.

We're trying to talk about the games, not just aggregate news.

inlolzwetrust

Reputation score
It's not necro even after more than a year if you have something useful to point out such as some news on resumed development, update patch, uncensor patch, translation patch, mods etc. Not even when you point out that all links are dead without actually asking for a link. Nor when you have an issue with the game and hope someone remembers how to fix it or when there was a patch posted long ago but all links to it are long dead (such as HF links) and maybe someone still has it. It's necro when you make a useless statement after a year and if you have half a brain you can figure that you shouldn't post it. However there are rare instances when even the silliest necro can be useful for new users. There can be great titles long forgotten that could have never been discovered by new users. So taking all that into account do we even have a rule for that? Is it really necessary to point it out? What's even the point of having a dedicated thread for a game if you can't post in it after a year of inactivity when the discussion is not officially closed by a moderator. Just because it might annoy some old users it's not fair for the new users. It's not that hard to ignore a thread if you lost interest in it.

inlolzwetrust

Reputation score
It was rethorical. Though if I recall corectly the rule goes something like this. Those who necro are scum. But those who point out a necro are worse than scum.

On to the point now. It looks like the dev is using compression now which is nice. data.unity.3d is 230mb compressed and 1.13gb uncompressed. Will look into it tonight to see if I can uncensor it.

FullNovaAlchemist

Reputation score
It was rethorical. Though if I recall corectly the rule goes something like this. Those who necro are scum. But those who point out a necro are worse than scum.

On to the point now. It looks like the dev is using compression now which is nice. data.unity.3d is 230mb compressed and 1.13gb uncompressed. Will look into it tonight to see if I can uncensor it.
mandatory upvote for the naruto reference

inlolzwetrust

Reputation score
The game is very easy to uncensor. Also needs some minor texture uncensoring and the good ol' fashion CG uncensoring. I will provide a patch later in development but for now if you want to remove the mosaic effect just change "_Pixelation" to 0.001 in "CensorEffectMat_Smooth" material in sharedassets0.assets using Unity Asset Extractor. You'll have to do this yourself because the game is compressed. You'll have to uncompress data.unity3d (and then compress it back if you want to).

Looking through the sprites I came upon something interesting. It might spoil elements of the story or create some unreasonable expectations so discretion is advised
It looks like Alps might make an appeareance in this game because there is a texture that wasn't in the previous game. There will also be some other female boss/ally. The rest of the textures could be just temporary but those two look like they are there for a reason not just used for inspiration from other sources

eppolon2718

Reputation score
I found out that there is machine translator for Unity-based games (XUnity.AutoTranslator).
Using that plug-in, I roughly translated in-game language to English. Here is a sample screenshot.

You can download that plug-in from (ReiPatcher is enough, and version does not matter. If you want, you may use newest version, 4.7.1). After finishing installation, extract the attached zip file ("Vivi_December_En_text.zip") into game folder.
I'm not good at English. So if you find awkward expressions in this rough translation, open "_AutoGeneratedTranslations.txt" file at "AutoTranslator/Translation/en/Text" folder and edit it.
I would be glad if you share your revised translation file :)

Also, I roughly translated "Alps and Dangerous Forest" (X-Rabbit's first work). Here is sample screenshot.
After finishing installation of the plug-in, extract the attached zip file ("Alps_En_text.zip") into game folder.

Attachments

GranTurboAutismo

Reputation score
I found out that there is machine translator for Unity-based games (XUnity.AutoTranslator).
Using that plug-in, I roughly translated in-game language to English. Here is a sample screenshot.

You can download that plug-in from (ReiPatcher is enough, and version does not matter. If you want, you may use newest version, 4.7.1). After finishing installation, extract the attached zip file ("Vivi_December_En_text.zip") into game folder.
I'm not good at English. So if you find awkward expressions in this rough translation, open "_AutoGeneratedTranslations.txt" file at "AutoTranslator/Translation/en/Text" folder and edit it.
I would be glad if you share your revised translation file :)

Also, I roughly translated "Alps and Dangerous Forest" (X-Rabbit's first work). Here is sample screenshot.
After finishing installation of the plug-in, extract the attached zip file ("Alps_En_text.zip") into game folder.
For Alpu-chan. What exactly did you change in the files to uncensor it? globalgamemanagers.assets still has Mosaic and Pixelation monoscripts and you did not remove those. So what did you even edit? Will i have to go through sharedassets 0 - 12 guessing and checking which one to edit? Because I am looking through them and seeing lots of mosaic assets still. But the game is still uncensored somehow.
Edit; whoops this is not the uncensor but its translation. oof

inlolzwetrust

Reputation score
I did the uncensoring for Alps a while back. The texture editing part. The shader/material uncensor mod was made by someone else. You'll find it on the f95 thread or the torrent on the cat site. As I said in post #32 this game is even easier to uncensor but still requires texture editing

OP
Yuyami

Yuyami

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

this month's update consist of one new stage, one new enemy and yes, another new H scene. Plus, Vivi now has a voice! As a matter of fact, one H scene with the dog enemy is already voiced in this month's version (the new H scene however has yet to be voiced), also, March's version of the game will include both November and December 2019 version. The new enemy with the new H scene as shown:
main_ed8e7ed0-afab-4f74-be24-c30629e2a5a9.jpg

and the H scene with this dog enemy is voiced as well

main_6605c2e2-eb37-4b9a-90f2-405777ca6ec3.jpg

Also, the fire and stance buttons can now be bound to the keyboard, which should make it easier for those playing on laptops (y)

antares23

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Nice! finally a human enemy, cant wait to see the H scene for this

OP
Yuyami

Yuyami

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

alright, here's this month's version of the game, the human enemies are actually more than just one type, some will run to try and grab you, some throws projectiles at you (including molotovs) and a heavy version of them that deals a heck ton of damage with an axe, there's a lot more combat mechanics you can do against them, such as countering their projectiles with your sword, which you can send back flying to an enemy, stunning them if it hits or shooting the guy with the molotov as soon as he is getting it ready which will cause him to drop it and instantly eliminates him and etc. I recommend trying this a couple of times to get a taste of the combat mechanic. :)