What's new

Yeah, I know... I do this a lot. (PF RP check.)

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score
So, yet again with an RP setting comprised of filtered brain-sewage from me. Pathfinder, again, especially since I'm getting the feeling that my previous PF game is trailing off.

Anyway, long version of the details found here: http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?p=577163#post577163

The "Teal Deer" version is as follows:

History: Huge war nearly wiped everything out. Three hero-types worked to stop it, only one came out alive. Other two died/vanished under mysterious circumstances. Remaining hero goes on to found most successful surviving settlement. Eventually grows into a full country-typed thing. Key element of the eventual victory was a new "race" of sentient(-ish) constructs.
More Recent History: Adventure-y research-type goes loose-cannon and eventually rebels, BECAUSE REASONS! Early skirmishes, then suddenly, Dwarven colony makes the Hyneman happy with a Big Boom. Fighting kind of stalemates afterwards as rebels retreat to well-protected Dwarven homeland. And the rebel-leader guy makes a slightly improved version of the constructs.

A few notes:

First off, anything in spoilers in the linked threads is NOT public knowledge. Unless I approve otherwise, your character will not know it.

Second, for per-level HP gain, and starting monies: Max it. Also, basic components for Warforged/Forged Ones exist that simply mimic the effect of the basic armor and weapons of "normal" characters have equal prices to what they mimic.

Third: No, I'm not allowing psionics.

Leaning towards a Level 2 start, and still debating on stat-gen. Considering either the usual 4d6-lowest, or working on getting a char-gen-questionnaire off of Hardware that's kind of funny. (Maybe, laughs not guaranteed.) Questionnaire prototype here: http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?p=577235#post577235

Also, as stated in the long-version-thread: Forged Ones will only be playable at start by GM approval.

Last edited:

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Yeah, I know... I do this a lot. (PF RP check.)

Interest shown.

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Interest shown. However, I'm now busy Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Interest shown as well. Sundays are my only not available days.

Would the PCs be aligned with Grand Spire or Forge Lands?

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

How this will play out will kind of depend on what people are wanting to play.

I know I've already had one person ask about playing a Forged One, so there's one already for playing allied with Licht. If there's a split, then I'll likely just do threads on the forum. If not, I'll probably be using Fantasy Grounds through Steam. Demo version will be enough for players. If that becomes the case, it'll likely be run either Tuesday or Wednesday night, starting probably around 2200h Eastern Time (10p).

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Well, the character concepts I have so far would work on both sides, so it doesn't really matter to me. I was asking more to start pinning down ideas.

I've never used Fantasy Grounds before, but I'm downloading the demo now. Assuming there's nothing about it that I have a problem with, I'd be fine with that time on either of those days. I'd probably be less inclined to play on the forum, but that depends on things.

Edit: So Fantasy Grounds seems okay to me. It's got more glitter than Maptools, but doesn't seem quite as friendly. Anyway, like I said, I've got no problems with it.

Also, are any non-core races available? Other than Forged Ones/Warforged, of course.

Last edited:
OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Possibly, I'd have to see which ones there's interest in, and how I'd want to work them in.

UPDATE: Some extra races worked in. Also at this point, I'm leaning towards having the PCs being allied with Tomas Licht and the Forge Lands.

ALSO, Stat-Gen. You can make your choice between 4d6-lowest, or the questionnaire. If things seem too unbalanced, then stats will be re-rolled at the start of the first session. I suppose you could also wait until then if you really wanted to.

Last edited:

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Right, right, you talked me into it. I hope ya don't mind constructs cus apparently someone latched onto that idea mention '-'

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Not necessary to do that one, it's just out of the two ideas you'd mentioned in the shout, that's the one I've got ready racial stats for.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Not necessary to do that one, it's just out of the two ideas you'd mentioned in the shout, that's the one I've got ready racial stats for.
Hey, it's more than a blank slate and a hook to drag me in kicking and screaming with :p

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Okay, so Plan B...

Seems FG only likes 1 Demo User per game or some such. This is on a slight delay while I figure out what Plan B is.

EDIT: Okay, so thinking roll20 is going to be the Plan B for the moment.

Last edited:

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Ah, quick question. Considering the emphasis placed on constructs, would is be allowable for a PC to take the Craft Construct feat at some point?

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Simple question, simple answer.

Well, I have a duergar forgemaster cleric. Can't do the whole energy channeling, so slightly less healy ability. Built more as a buffer/combat cleric, really.

Also had an idea last night for a fortune telling gypsy-like Witch. Would also have some healy powers there too, but more on the longer range support and controlling abilities than the cleric.

So it's up to what everyone else makes which one I'll go with. If we need more front liners, the cleric can step up, otherwise, I might go with the witch.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Well for longranged combat we got my (currently backgroundless) cryomancy Forged One, and of course could have Caulder throw shit constantly

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, while I'm not quite ready for running, due to a variety of reasons, I'm going to spend time tonight and tomorrow with the deal up.

Sort of doing a bit of an "open house" style of thing. Anyone working on a character can hop in and ask questions or work on their character. Here's the link: Start time for both nights will be around 2200h Eastern.

EDIT: If you hop in to do a character, give me some manner of name for them. I'll need it, since apparently roll20 only allows the GM to actually create character sheets.

Last edited:
OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Campaign is up again for character work/questions. Looks like I've got three done (or close enough to done) so far.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Okay, with three complete: I'm considering trying to make a start on this Wednesday at 2200-ish Eastern. IF either I get someone else still expressing interest, or some offline stupidity interferes, then I'll do "open-house" style runs Tuesday and Wednesday nights starting at 2200-ish Eastern and running until whenever. (Past two such sessions have been running until at least 0400 Eastern, so basically all night.)

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

And up.

Last edited: