What's new

Your Class

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Your Class

Short range spell is bad because arcane casters have no AC and no hit points. Even with False Life, Stoneskin, and the upgraded Mage Armor, you're lucky to get durability comparable to an unbuffed Cleric, since they can wear full plate and have the d8 hit point. The one hickup in that is that besides Dexterity and their spellcasting stat, arcane casters have a lot more leeway to put points into, while Clerics need Wisdom, Charisma, and probably Strength and Dexterity to be get their full combat potential, so clerics might have less constitution than an arcane caster, depending o how stats are done.
I shall repeat myself: How often are you in battles where you are going to be at medium or long range? (Especially when the enemy has to close in to fight in melee fighters.)

I'd say, most fights occur in areas where the max range of a short range spell ends up being inside a solid object. Especially seeing as how medium spells are tend to be accurate over longer range than ranged weapons and long ranged spells completely outdistance ranged weapons. If you need medium or long range spells, the only one fighting in that battle is the mage anyway.