What's new

Your opinion on H games (please read)

Nytemare

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Hello everyone, I've been here for a good long time now, maybe some of you know me, perhaps some of you even like me, and certainly some of you don't. :p

I have a few questions about English H-Games and I'd like feedback from everybody that is willing to give it. There are no wrong answers here, just opinions on games. I'm going to make a list below and if you could copy the list and reply to each question in that manner, it would be easier for me to read.

1) Would you be more likely to buy games off of legit sites like DLsite if they had genuine native English full translations? If so, would you be willing to pay a slightly higher fee than for a purely Japanese game?

2) What type of H-game do you like best? Visual novel style (like Library Story or Dating my Daughter) or RPG/adventure style (like Eclipse Work games, H.H. Works games, Fleeting Iris or basically anything that uses wolf RPG or RPG maker)?

3) If you like/play the visual novel style games, do you like games that focus on a main character and maybe small bits about other characters (like Witch Trainer) or the ones that let you work with more than one girl/conquest (Dating my Daughter, Glassix, Summertime Saga).

4) If you like/play RPG/adventure games, which format/platform do you like best? RPGmaker VX? ACE? WolfRPG? If the game was made in perfect native English, would you even care what program was used to make it?

5) In RPG/adventure games, do you like games that have fighting systems in them (the ones that are done well, like Adrianne and several others that I can't recall names for. Basically no English H-game has a good fighting system that I've seen so far) or do you like the games like Acerola makes that don't include fighting, but it focuses only on daily life?

6) Let's talk sex stats! Do you like games that track them and limit your options based on things like lewdness levels or previous choices? Or do you just like games that track them in general even if they don't affect gameplay much?

7) How important is the storyline? Would you rather play a game with a good storyline, with a good plot, with well written sex scenes and average CG/art or 3D models, OR would you rather play a game with a really shitty plot as long as the sex art or 3D models were good?

8) CG and hand drawn art VS 3D models, is one better than the other? Or does it depend on the way the game is put together?

9) Male or Female lead? Do you like playing as a guy who shacks up with the ladies or do you enjoy playing as a female lead and corrupting her as you see fit?

10) How do you decide what games to play? Do you read threads here and elsewhere and just see what looks good? Or do you look for games with certain fetishes only? (Basically how do you find your favorite titles).

These 10 questions are a start, but basically what it's looking like is that I'm getting bored in my day to day life and I'm thinking about making my own H-game.

A little more about me:

I'm a native English speaker, so it won't read/play of these dime a dozen 3D rendered games that are being translated from another language. I've already started purchasing assets for DAZ 3D and creating concept characters. I've written about 3 and a half games worth of notes that just need to be worked into fully developed stories.

I've done a bunch of personal partial translations on RPG maker and Wolf RPG games when others didn't pick them up. I've bug tested a few of the indie games on these forums and I can generally find every bug with a 95% or better ratio even if I'm the only tester.

Back story rant ahead, sorry
In the past I worked on HHS+ quite a big, I'd like to think I was a big part of the development team considering I was able to learn the Visual Editor the game used in 4 days and then spent a week memorizing every single event (out of hundreds) and locating bugs left and right (fixing the ones I could on the front end and passing along the back end engine bugs to other team members). I also created several events for the game to fill up empty areas with content as well and repaired around 50 others that either had bugs or logic errors (events are set up with certain conditions and occasionally there were entire events or event chains written that would never start because the conditions were impossible). The reason I slowed down and eventually stopped working on HHS+ is because I felt like there wasn't a clear goal of where the game was going, many people with development rights in the SVN shouldn't have had access and they would upload such things as loli/shota content even though HHS+ is against that. Also some of the devs were uploading their own random events that were basically fluff, had zero content and/or occasionally broke other parts of the game. Also, many convoluted event chains were already implemented into the game and unfinished when I joined the team, after looking into the events, the images for them were stolen from visual novels and pretty much had already used most of the CG from the original game despite the event chain not being finished in HHS+. I liked the use of paper dolls in HHS+, but instead of using random images stolen from the web, the game should have had it's own original artist, but because the game is/was 100% free of charge, all the work and effort put into the game was donated time. So though some of the other main devs liked me and appreciated me, it felt like the public was always questioning the entire dev team and begging for the next update. (Super sorry about the long rant)

Anyway, all said and done. I think I could create some really good material and give something back to the H-game community, your feedback is appreciated.

herfmat

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Your opinion on H games (please read)

1) Yes and ehhhhhhh. My money's tight and I'm paranoid about my statements being monitored. I have a monthly discretionary budget set aside for entertainment purposes. I tend to use it for major game releases or audio books if I'm over my point limit from my audible sub. A game has to be really special, and either not reliant on language for me to understand, or yes, English. My willingness to pay for a markup would require either a low markup, or a low initial asking price for the JP version. (As well as my initial desire to own the hypothetical game)

I used to just download most of my games, but my current living situation makes me less likely to be scrutinized for legal purchases pending a promise I made to the landlord regarding avoidance of piracy strikes. I also have better pay than ever, so that helps.

2) Personally, I prefer RPGs, both action and turn based, so long as the mechanics are simple or interesting/novel.I don't like overly complex systems that punish you for not following very precise play. I haven't played a VN I didn't feel fit that description.

3)N/A (I will note, that seems like a limited set of 'options')

4)I've enjoyed games from each of these platforms, the platforms themselves don't really draw my favor, although I much prefer playing games I can grasp.

5)Again, I don't really have a preference. But if a game is to have fighting, I prefer ARPG style, but tactics RPG style is a very close second. I suppose that depends on whether the game has a party or solo player character. I'd concur, you don't really get a lot of those in English h-games, more of the bog standard.

6) I think sex stat tracking can be good, but some limitations seem incredibly arbitrary. I enjoy sexual corruption plot threads, but don't see why that usually gives the player a bad end, isn't that sort of the point of those games, to stumble into lewd scenarios?
I much prefer games where the player/character isn't constrained to preserving some sweeping definition of "purity" but free to explore their perversion(s) without some pretense of judgement from something they paid for.

7)Storyline hasn't always been necessary for me to enjoy a game, but it can go a long way. To me, those make a difference between an H-game I'll replay, and one I'll never run again after getting everything I wanted from it (Which is usually just the h-scenes from a 100% save). A sense of humor is almost always an enjoyment multiplier for me.

8) Depends on the models and the hand drawings. If you're really good at hand drawn stuff, good artistic perspective and proportions, I prefer that every time. If the 3D models are some stock asset, as have become popular of late, that's fine. I can no longer take popsicle-stick women with tacked on cantaloupe breasts seriously.

9)I prefer a female lead hands down. I only really give male protag games the time of day when it's what some might consider painfully consensual, relationships based on mutual exploration and respect, etc, at least on the male's part. Please look at Redamz' "Monster Girl Island" or Kerny's "Abandoned: A tale of forgotten lives" for examples. In the latter, coercion comes into play, but it's mutual coercion by a third party.

10) When I do go looking, I typically go around to a couple of sites and see what people are excited about. I have a handful of blogs I check, about half of which are accessible through Urielmanx7's blogspot list, or through a connection to one of the people on that list. Helps if the blog URL is easy to remember and connected to other games.

Last edited:

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

1) If I can buy from dlsite/other in language I can understand, then fuck yes. Other than that I will buy game in Japanese if some kind soul translated it.

2) I don't like Action ones (I have only 2 hands, ok?), rest is fine as long as it's not garbage story or ero-scene wise.

3) Both, developed characters add a lot of flavor to VNs.

4) If it's not falling apart or buggy, is in English (or translated) then I don't really mind what was used to make it.

5) Ariadne battle system was ok, simple with few extra things added, Scale Garden games also had nice system. Even simple ones are fine, as long as it's not effect of overthinking and complicating to the point it's no fun.

6) Those need to have some effect on game, even if linear. Going from pure to slut heroine is a main dish for me :D

7) If story is shit, sex scenes better be good af. If art is incredible, story should be at least not retarded.
For example, if it's another Daz3D 3DCG with models everyone already knows, it would better have great story to cover that and not be another copypaste of what I have seen.

8)Drawn art first, CM3D2-like models second, Illusion-like models third, meh art fourth, shitty art fifth and Daz3D models at the very end.

9)If a guy, then I prefer Trainer type, Brothel Sim or a MC that isn't a looser and knows what he wants (example: Rance). If a female, then I wan't degeneration of some kind :D

10)I try to check as much as I can, in english or translated, as long as it's not Action type. If it's 3DCG made in Daz3D then only if I have extra-extra spare time (geez, sounds almost like I hate stuff made in Daz3D :p).
I'm a native English speaker, so it won't read/play of these dime a dozen 3D rendered games that are being translated from another language. I've already started purchasing assets for DAZ 3D and creating concept characters. I've written about 3 and a half games worth of notes that just need to be worked into fully developed stories.
If you can get your hands on models that are similar to Illusion stuff or even better, some cel-shaded waifu-tier ones, then you have my attention :D
If not, then it would depend on my free time <_<
Also, yes, I am aware that I could miss a lot of titles with nice story/sex scenes, but so far ratio of good vs bad ones makes up for that.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

1) I'm fine with paying higher, provided that the increase on the price is reasonable and logical.

2) RPG, and the aspect i prioritize most is the gameplay and mechanics.

3) Um, this question is kinda ambiguous to me, so i will just pitch in my opinion. I think i like a Hentai VN where Harem Route is actually the default route, but to actually get the Harem Ending, there are some requirements.

4) Honestly i'm going to answer with Game Maker Studio :p. I think i would care about the maker program if it's something that i can also theoretically use to make games, for free.

5) What i love most on RPG/Adventure/Action games is Boss Battles, so i'm gonna say i prefer those with Battle Systems of any kind compared to none at all. Be noted tho, Battle System isn't necessarily Physical Fighting, i'm fine with Mental Fighting, Debate Fighting (ala Danganronpa), or even Puzzle Fighting. I would recommend to take a look at a still-under-development Non-H game titled 'Profit Motive" and its Battle System. :D

6) Keep track of em! ;) But, i would hate it if we doesn't have significant control over it, unless that was part of the gameplay.

7) Hmm, in case of H-Games, then i wish for the balance, but don't let everything to be mediocre either.

8) I honestly prefer anime style, so as long as they looks like anime-styled, i'm fine with either 2D or 3D.

9) Male MC, it kinda depends on the game mechanics you want to implement tho.

10) A mix of it. Honest, my fetish is Monstergirls, and sadly new Monstergirls game doesn't sprouts much often as of late. So during that, i just read threads and will check out anything that hooked my attention.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I think this thread calls for a proper survey, i'd be interested in seeing the limits on what people are willing to pay too. not that i could make a game that could reach those limits, but so i know how to price my stuff so as to not piss people off

voyeurkind

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

1) It's unlikely. I've yet to play a single game off of DLSite. However, if there was a properly translated English version, I might try.

2) Either works, but it depends. I like a game I can play, not a situation where I'm just along for the ride and to click the ENTER button over and over again. The more choices and options I have that affect the game, the better. I've enjoyed both, but I do want some level of control. I can read a book whenever, and if that's what I want to do that's what I'll do, but if I'm playing a game I want to play the game.

3) Either can work, and either can be done poorly. Some games actually have too many girls, others not enough. What I would like to see is contrasting personalities--for instance, some naive girls, some smart ones, some virginal, some sluts.

4) Most o f the games I've played have been in either RPGMarker or RenPy. I think I prefer RenPy because I think that devs of RPGMaker games tend to throw elements into their games because they're there, not because it makes the game better.

5) Eh, the fighting can be tolerable, but it's usually not what I'm there for. More often than not, it becomes tedious.

6) I don't see a purpose in keeping stats if they aren't being used, but it would be nice to be able to get a character to do certain things within a game before a certain lewdness level. However, I'd say for now that having usable stats works better.

7) The two most imortanti things to me are the characters first and the story second. I firmly believe that characterization should drive plot, and not the other way around. I have little interest in games where you just meet and fuck or win a battle, fuck your opponent.

8) It depends. A quality 3D artist can pull some really good stuff together, and a quality artist can really make a game shine. On the other hand, if the 3D models are the same ones that are always used or the art is subpar, that takes away from the game.

9) Either or. It can be fun playing as a woman and simply put her into situations where she'll be corrupted, but it's also fun to have the challenge as a male of seducing the available female characters.

10) I'll generally look at the first post to see what the dev is offering. If I like the artwork and the basic premise I'll give it a shot. I've learned over time that there are some genres and styles I'm not so fond of (NTR, for instance).

Casual19

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

1) Yes, and sure I suppose. As long as were only talking slightly higher for a translated game.

2) RPG/adventure for sure. I'm not opposed to visual novels especially if they have meaningful choices during the game, I just prefer more game play in the games I play if you get what I'm saying.

3) N/A. Don't play enough visual novels to provide a good answer.

4) Doesn't matter to me, but if I have to pick a preference, I prefer RPG maker to WolfRPG.

5) I especially like battle systems in RPG/adventure games! Its one of my main focuses actually. Bonus points if theres combat rape and clothing damage. If a game has those aspects in it, its spikes my interest in a very good way.

6) Sure, sex stats that affect the game is nice to have. Not really a big deal though if its not included.

7) If its in English then yes the plot does at least somewhat matter. If the game completely drops the ball on the plot, then who really cares what language its in.

8) CG and hand drawn art. I understand that not everyone has the talent to draw their own assets, or the money to hire someone to do it for them, but if your going to to use 3D models like 3DCG or DAZ 3D, then your going to have to bring your A game for the other aspects of your game. Especially if you want to charge money for it.

9) Female lead all the way for me!

10) Bit of both really.

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

1) Would you be more likely to buy games off of legit sites like DLsite if they had genuine native English full translations? If so, would you be willing to pay a slightly higher fee than for a purely Japanese game?
If the game is to my taste, definitely. Translation tool can only help you that much, and playing a game you don't understand isn't fun.

2) What type of H-game do you like best? Visual novel style (like Library Story or Dating my Daughter) or RPG/adventure style (like Eclipse Work games, H.H. Works games, Fleeting Iris or basically anything that uses wolf RPG or RPG maker)?
I've always been a fan of RPG (paper or video game) since a small kid, so that a kind of game I really love. Of course, the game quality is important ^^ After that I enjoy plateformer / scrolling game (like fighting girl sakura or Bullet requiem, kurovadis....), even if I'm not that good with them. I'm more conflicted about VN / ADV game, since playing them in japanese is a pain and most of the translated one are often old game whose cg aren't tempting by that time. But the genre has some charm.

3) If you like/play the visual novel style games, do you like games that focus on a main character and maybe small bits about other characters (like Witch Trainer) or the ones that let you work with more than one girl/conquest (Dating my Daughter, Glassix, Summertime Saga).
Difficult question. I think the more important thing for me is to be taken by the story / characters - meaning that the side character aren't just standing CG but you can feel their personalities. I also prefer them when not linear (keep skip button and you finish the game in xx mins).

4) If you like/play RPG/adventure games, which format/platform do you like best? RPGmaker VX? ACE? WolfRPG? If the game was made in perfect native English, would you even care what program was used to make it?
Usually I prefer VX / VX ace because it's easier to use (and hook from) than wolf rpg. I also like better the graphic and sprite look of rpg maker than wolf rpg. However, for me the more important point is the game quality. I've enjoyed some acerola game in wolf rpg better than many vx / vx ace game. Dunno if it's related to the engine, but I've found way more sprite / animated scene in wolf rpg than rpg maker, And I'm rather fond of that thing ^^

5) In RPG/adventure games, do you like games that have fighting systems in them (the ones that are done well, like Adrianne and several others that I can't recall names for. Basically no English H-game has a good fighting system that I've seen so far) or do you like the games like Acerola makes that don't include fighting, but it focuses only on daily life?
Both are fine if well made. Like everyone (I think), what I don't like is the grind fest too frequent in rpg maker game. I honestly would prefer to have both in a game -> a good fighting system with lot of lilberty in how you manage the fight (which usually mean a complex system of different skill, state, item, class....), without ruling out your life outside of the grind area. Having a game with a nice combat system but where you also have to deal with town(s) citizen - like reputation, quest... would be the best.

6) Let's talk sex stats! Do you like games that track them and limit your options based on things like lewdness levels or previous choices? Or do you just like games that track them in general even if they don't affect gameplay much?
If it's just a counter, I don't really see the point. Having game that open or close path / action depending on you H stats / counter (or even on H stats) are really attractive (on paper at least), but that require a hell of a work to make correctly. The most attractive feature in that, is that you can experience several different game run, and you can play the character as you like - from the frightened virgin to the all out sex addict - it's the freedom of choice and the search for hidden scene that's bewitching.

7) How important is the storyline? Would you rather play a game with a good storyline, with a good plot, with well written sex scenes and average CG/art or 3D models, OR would you rather play a game with a really shitty plot as long as the sex art or 3D models were good?
Can't we have both ? :D Story is the core of a game, at least for RPG / VN. In that kind of game I'll rather have a solid good plot & storyline with decent art (of course, everyone has is own favorite kind of art) than top quality art and shitty story. If the only good thing is the art, better just go for a CG set.

8) CG and hand drawn art VS 3D models, is one better than the other? Or does it depend on the way the game is put together?
If I had to summarize from experience - 3D model are usually better when there used for animated scene while CG / hand drawn are better for non animated scene. That's from the many number of game I've seen. I've seen great animated scene with CG and poor 3D model (animated or not). My personal taste is on the CG / hand drawn side however.

9) Male or Female lead? Do you like playing as a guy who shacks up with the ladies or do you enjoy playing as a female lead and corrupting her as you see fit?
I can take both if the game is well done. As I usually like to see different girls in a game, the male MC would be the safe bet, but some game manage it very well with a girl MC (like Ordeal of princess Eris). I'd rather step out of the "guys going around raping / seducing every girl" and the "MC girl going to full whore as she progress". if it's a girl MC, I'll rather have choices ranging from virgin run to debauchery. And if I can ask for more, I often enjoy some more game featuring multiple character in the party (when you can have each have some scene, together or on their own side).

10) How do you decide what games to play? Do you read threads here and elsewhere and just see what looks good? Or do you look for games with certain fetishes only? (Basically how do you find your favorite titles).
Well, the circle making them is always a strong point - to attract or repel. I don't usually check the fetish except to check for some I really dislike (like scat or guro). After that, I really look at the art (to see if I like it or not), the story, of course, as well as the feature (to see if any point I like / dislike is in it) and what other peoples said about it. And of course, I ceck the trial.

As a side note, I'll mention that one point I like in game (especially RPG), is when the different character are really different - not just the skin or the class but have an uniqueness from their skill (character specific skill rather than class specific skill). And also when you have some liberty about how to develop your character (I'll take some old example like FF 2 (I think) where your proficiency with a weapon increase as you use it; even maybe learn some new skill that way. Or perk / skill to choose from a list), and the best is choice about progressing (the best non H example is Deus Ex), just having some simple choice like: To get inside a lokced & guarded warehouse you can 1) attack the guard and step in 2) Break a back window 3) Seduce the guard 4) pay someone to distract the guard...
I know it's a bit too much for a H game, but that would be really nice

x421

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

PayPal direct buy is completely off the table? i am not keen on the idea to pay extra for some middlesman..
direct answer tho, yes i would buy and pay a slightly higher price...

MGQ did show that novel style games could work too but in general i am for rpgmaker or wolf games.

i enjoy the idea of summertime saga but i prefer the idea of train/customize a main character. different costumes, poses, gimmicks

i do care about it regarding the ram usage and overall playability, rpgmaker mv(the latest one?) is horrible, i try to avoid games that run on it. wolfRPG and ace is good

actually both...big help yeah...sry...

tracking and limitations/choices based on stats, absolutely yes

a good balance would be a solid start, a plot and models that are mediocre at least, games like arumero soft are a total killer for example, game idea/mechanic seems nice but story and art are a no go for me...

cant say which one is better as its a personal opinion but i prefer 2D, the only good 3D ive seen so far is in monstergirl island.

this really depends on the genre of the game. will the male main be transformed? is he the dominant or submissive type of character? will the female main be hit by the NTR? corruption? costumes? as long as there arent odd shots in the genre/maincharacter combination i would say i do enjoy playing both, male and female characters.

lurking in the shadows observing threads and blogs...

NLL

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Thought this was gonna be an interesting discussion thread... instead we're just here to ensure you make as much money as possible using rpgmaker and daz3d?

This whole survey feels so... emotionally stunted. What's wrong with just having a vision and working towards realizing it? No need for this market research bullshit.

OP
Nytemare

Nytemare

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I think this thread calls for a proper survey, i'd be interested in seeing the limits on what people are willing to pay too. not that i could make a game that could reach those limits, but so i know how to price my stuff so as to not piss people off
There was just to many questions for a simple survey, heh. Unless it's possible to do many surveys in one post? But this discussion thread helps give me some good insight anyway

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Yes and yes. Slightly.

Between the two, RPG/Adventure. VNs barely qualify as games in my book.

In general, mainly focusing on one character.

RPGMaker, since if I'm not enjoying the game I can decrypt it for pictures :>

Yeah, battle systems especially ones that feature combat-rape are the way to go

The latter. I don't like being locked out of seeing stuff within the same playthrough.

It's a huge balancing act. Better art is the safer bet, but without strong context it might as well not be part of a game, but a gallery.

3D is usually too poor-quality, not animated well enough and/or reaches uncanny-valley territory for the extra work it takes to be worth it over 2d. 2D art can be stylized a lot easier too.

Female.

Checking on here for the most part.

OP
Nytemare

Nytemare

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Thought this was gonna be an interesting discussion thread... instead we're just here to ensure you make as much money as possible using rpgmaker and daz3d?

This whole survey feels so... emotionally stunted. What's wrong with just having a vision and working towards realizing it? No need for this market research bullshit.
Uh. No. If that's what you got from this, you're way off base. When did I say I was going to use either RPG maker or Daz? I didn't commit to anything?

I am debating if I want to explore more with Daz or if I will hire an artist. Also, I was asking people's opinion on several different things. And market research is important to anybody who's even remotely serious about making a good product.

As for money, I never once mentioned money or asked about money unless you're thinking of me asking about have 100% native English translations on Japanese games. The reason I asked if people would pay more for perfect translations is because I'm considering starting/funding a translation studio (with my own money) and offering to translate games for places like DL site for a percentage of the money for the game's selling price. So for example if a game on the Japanese DL site sold for $15, the translated English version might sell it for $19 (to recover some of my personal costs for establishing a translation company). We would offer our services to the Japanese game creators to give them a chance to reach a bigger audience.

Sorry you didn't like my thread. But that's on you, not me.

f4s1k1n

Demon Girl
Reputation score

1) If the game is translated > Probably... Purely Japanese > (-_- )a...

2) Basically everything if the content is interesting... Mainly RPG...

3) Depend on the game...

4) I play in all platform... I dislike MV because the memory leak (i don't know if it's already fixed or not)... If the game in English > Probably...

5) Every game have their own playstyle... If it's interesting enough i will try to play it...

6) Is it that important? As long as there are sex scene...

7) As long as the CG/art or 3d models is not ugly (average is still good)...

8) Why not both? Hand drawn art is good in the hand of someone who knows art and 3d models is good for someone who cannot draws...

9) Mainly female lead... But some male lead in the mix is not bad too...

10) I find my favorite games by browsing translations forums... By then i already read the threads and see the game preview...

OnyxShadow

Reputation score

1) I'm much less likely to buy something that's not in English. A higher fee wouldn't be acceptable, though. Already most H-games are vastly overpriced based on their amount of content and man-hours required to develop them.

2) I'm not going to spend a paragraph bashing VN or RPG Maker. But suffice to say action and SLG are about the only things that catch my eye.

3) I prefer games that let me let me play with multiple girls.

4) Most of those platforms are so limited in what they can create that I can disregard them without even glancing at them anymore. For instance, I tried dozens of RPG Maker games including those suggested as the best of the best. I still conclude that the platform is too limited for all but the most outrageously dedicated developer to actually make a good game from them, and at that point the time/talent would have been better spent on building something from the ground up. Hmmm...it looks like I ended up bad-mouthing the things mentioned in question two after all.

5) I have no particular fondness for fighting as a theme in H-games but nothing against it either.

6) Insomuch as H-games are sophisticated enough to make past decisions relevant I find it to be a compelling feature.

7) To me hentai content itself is primary. If it isn't attractive and titillating enough then the rest is pointless. Nobody is making otherwise Oscar-worthy hentai movies or GotY-tier hentai games. IF the game does turn me on then, yeah, a great story massively works to it's advantage.

8) I'd prefer 3D, and I'd imagine it is also less time-consuming to produce. We're just getting to the point that the tools to make quality 3D are becoming available, too.

9) Best of both (Futanari) is actually my preference. Pretty to look at but has a tool I'm familiar with.

10) If a game isn't obviously going to be amazing (from looking at DLSite at a glance, for instance) I'll usually wait until 5-10 comments about the game's quality have been posted. I certainly have particular types of content that are favorites, but there are SO FEW quality hentai games that actually get released that I cannot afford to be very picky on that.

D-D

Reputation score

H-games are interesting. I wish I had the skills to join and develop the industry.

1) I'm sure if there were more H-games available in english then they would have a higher chance of selling internationally. If I had the money I would buy H-games even if they were in japanese.

2) I like RPG/Action H-games the most. Visual novels are boring.

3) -

4) I don't care as long as you can run fast and skip text fast. Diagonal movement is a plus.

5) I don't think combat needs to be anything too complicated for H-games. It's cool if boss fights are a bit more complicated as long as you can breeze through normal mobs. Also would be preferable if you could see and evade enemies. Basicly fighting shouldn't be a focus. Also H in combat is neat.

6) Lewd stats are neat if they have consequences. If it's absolutely necessary to have consequences that block you from stuff, you should be able to manipulate your lewd stats so that you don't have to start the whole game from the beginning to get some stuff. I think that when it comes to H-games, it's bad to force the player to start anew / play in a specific way to get everything there is in the game.

7) The storys plot isn't that important but good writing in H-scenes can improve the experience. I've noticed that when I read doujinshi it's more enjoyable when it's been translated and I can understand more what's going on. Scenes shouldn't be too text heavy though. There have been some games that even though there's the skip buttong, you'd have to press it for like 20 seconds to get through the whole H-scene (not to mention how long it would take if you were to read everything).

8) 3D models only if it's animated and looks very good (think that one elf x orc action game with cellshade). Overall I think hand drawn would be the best, bonus points if animated somehow. I think the most important things would be the characters postures, camera angles and that sexy bits look good.

9) Female. Corruption is what I enjoy. I rarely enjoy games with male mc.

10) I check pictures and hope to see things that indicate that the game has corruption/prositution and gangbang. Note, if the female characters have hearts in their eyes in every picture, it's possible that there is no real corruption involved as they are corrupted from the start. In a way the player should have power over the corruption.

DawnCry

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I would buy it if it's a good game and it's at least in english. No dlsite, I hate that site, however I would buy it from nutaku or mangagamer.

My favourite ones are RPG, but I don't hate visual novels.

Ok this one is hard and it won't be just one line:

-What I personally like is a game that isn't focused on your character, that npcs can enter relationships with others and the world moves. But it is clearly shown that people prefer having sex with anything that moves and that all girls or whatever remain loyal to your character.

RPG maker XP I actually find it the best be it for playing or creating a game, I find VX quite bad for now.

Both are good options, it depends on what you focus.

Ok lewdness should have an effect in games. A 100% pure girl won't be like a bitch in heat. However what I personally find optimal is:

-Have something like "character fetishes"
-Have a dominant/submissive stat
-Have a lewdness stat

It would make quite a few interesting things.

Storyline is necessary, what you can actually do is make a light storyline, for example "you are just a little boy that wants to become rich by being an adventurer", that's a light one because it won't force you to be too especific, however that type of game needs quite a lot of good lore and is more centered on "world changes based on events".

No one is better than the other, however depending on the situation it is better one or the other. If you make a rpg maker game then 3d models will be inconsistent with the game assets. It will give a bad feeling to the player because it is a mess.

It is clearly shown that people prefer a female lead, however I personally prefer male lead.

Well fetishes are quite important, I won't play anything that has scat or watersports for example... I don't like gore too. It's more like "I will play everything that doesn't have the fetishes I veto".

Last edited:

SirMalo

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I would pay up to 20% more.

I love hentai RPGs with Interspecies (Wolf, Lizard, Furries in general and Dragons!!!). Pure human sex scenes are kinda boring.

Both can be fine but usually i want to know more about my character.

If the game tries to show you some very nice artstyle and story i don't care which platform was used.

I love fighting and leveling. Gonna reach lvl-cap, son!

Tough question for me. On one side i'm enjoying to try many thing without reseting the game cuz i can't do it anymore. On the other side i want to feel that i can't have everything by fucking around liek a whore.

Depends on my horny level. Since i fell in love with the Monster-Girl-Quest triology it's both an option for me.

It has to be extremly well done 3D models to get my interest. I prefer CG and selfmade artworks.

Well i'm already male and that wont change until i'm dead. So theres little reason why i would demand to play only as a guy.

I sometimes try to find a CG gallery for my games. If i see some nice scenes and i'm getting horny i try it out. I often google with my favorite fetishes to get a quicker overview.

Last edited:

stone147

Demon Girl
Reputation score

1) Of course i would, every H-game is more enjoyable in english, right now it feels like the fan/free-translations are much better than the "offcial-ones"

2) I prefer Rpg/ADV but still like the library story type. its up to the style and playable content.

3) Witch/Princess-trainer type

4) I dont care, as long the game is enjoyable. Again, all about the content

5) Personally i enjoy the fighting types more, but this part is up to the story itself.
If the main protagonist is a warrior-type for example, theres no point in avoiding fights.
if the main protagonist is a shool girl in a big city, maybe theres no need for fighting, since there are plenty oppurtunitys for H-stuff even without battles/bosses/GOR/etc. Good example for this type would be

6) I like corruption systems overall, start with that innocent girl, end up with this cock begging gangbang slut. but im not much interested in tracking other stats like sex/anal/oral/etc. its all about the corruption :rolleyes:

7) Well, im not much interested in the main plot at all, all about the art & ingame mechanics. But of course, well written h-scenes are a BIG +.

8) I like the CG and hand drawn art much more, but there a good 3d games aswell.

9) As i said before, Female lead and corrupting her:rolleyes:

10) Its a shame but mostly i look for the translation/hentai games section and pick full / partial translated games if i like the art. or the unfinished patreon ones since they are in english.

Cailveh

Demon Girl
Reputation score

1) Yes, and would be nice if they could create a way for fan to help in the translation, like a freelancer job or something.

2) Well... some patreon games are following a VN model that I like a lot, which you can touch and interact with a lot of things... very different the japanese ones, that 90% of the times just go scrolling images...
RPG maker games are really great, it's just that the all grinding stuff that bothers... there's no need for so many fights, and if there's a reason, make them more dynamic and content-wise.

3) Oh, work with more than one is the thing. It's as close as you get of a sandbox h game, and that's really awesome.

4) To tell you the true... RPG Maker XP for me is really awesome, never liked VX, and Ace is aceptable... although MV is surprising good, but that leak memory bug really mess things up... and wolf rpg I usually don't like because I can't edit. I really, really love play as god, you know? I decrypt the game, run through rpg maker and change things, add more events, turn things hard, less grindy, more development...

5) Well, if you focus only in the daily life it gets boring... "That Life ~The Rural Survival RPG~" from Crotch makes a amazing job in the regard. There's fight, you face pigs, boars, etc to eat, some thugs, but also, you have to manage your survival, and avoid pervs.
There's a lot of small things to do, and that's what keeps you playing. Tons of new things to do in the same game, but not boring things.

6) Well, violated heroine has the most popular h track and is one of the best... usually some games have nude sprites, but don't explore exhibitionism too much, and some check the corruption, but only for the sexual aspect... I mean, if you trespass a house, steal a potion, there's no way you can haply talk with the residents not being a corrupt person.

7) Now that's a real deal... some games have such amazing CG, but I feel so lazy to play because they're boring as hell... but I can't also play a game that begin with a really nice story, but has ugly scenes... so, there should be at least one pretty character that really turn you on, nice art and stuff, with and smart ways to get to her, instead of boring ones...

8) That's all about talent. Some patreon games use Daz or something, but in such a amazing way, that really makes it worth. CG usually is only good when made by big companies, and that's kinda lame... sometimes I think they are only good at that.

9) I used to like female lead... but the usual "hey, I got crazy, fuck me!" or "oh no, I have a sword and can slice the king of demon, but there's nothing I can do against this unarmed peasant...*raped*" just makes me sad... but maybe a "change of perspective" is a good thing. Mad Paradox was the first I remember with something like that... you're a guy, and there's a girl, and another man in your party... but the girl has personality and some development... so, I think that something is good... you control the guy, but sometimes you control his sister, or girlfriend... of course, it's kinda lame to point out that only the girl has CG, but if you want to make game for both genders, that's a start, and it's also a amazing sandbox h game wise.

10) Yeah, well... exhibitionism is my major fetish. Usually if the game don't have it, I create it to play lol but if it already has, I go and check the art... look for a walkthrough, or if there's something at hina-game... those foruns also help, but yeah, the initial art and the "exhibitionism" word really calls my attention...