What's new

MasterQ2

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Aylia's Story - English H-Game Goodness!

Exactly, but mid-may is in a week, more or less...
In my opinion, we will see something the week after this one.

yitan1983

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

with lucky this weekend but it depends on YT:rolleyes:

Capid

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

More delays, folks, give it one more week.

Apparently the entire family had a bad case of food poisoning.

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

More delays, folks, give it one more week.

Apparently the entire family had a bad case of food poisoning.
Well, technically it is not a delay. I'm aiming for "Mid-May." I've not given a specific release date, but I was hoping to bust my ass this week and get it ready to go on the weekend. Given that Sunday and now Monday were wasted, I doubt it'll be ready to go. That does not mean I won't get it ready by Mid-May.

Thanks for letting people know though. I posted that on Patreon, because I want people to know what is going on.

dumai12

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Honestly I'm not looking at this as "expect it by Mid May," but more of an "end of May deadline." That is what I see, as a supporter, from our first charged content this month. I hope you can get it out by then Yummy, because (and I think you mentioned this before) a lot of trust will be lost if that isn't reached.

Personally, I try to look at it from an unemotional standpoint. A lot of indie h-game devs seem to have strings of bad luck when it comes to releases. There is a time, when, as a supporter, you have to think, "is this one too many times?" And make a judgement call. I really have admiration for your paid content releases as opposed to monthly Yummy. It makes you one of the few devs on patreon that I actually respect atm (and only dev that I support with more than a buck). Please don't mess this one up XD.

yitan1983

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Good luck YT,i wait Ayla story release public in the next week.:rolleyes:

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Honestly I'm not looking at this as "expect it by Mid May," but more of an "end of May deadline." That is what I see, as a supporter, from our first charged content this month. I hope you can get it out by then Yummy, because (and I think you mentioned this before) a lot of trust will be lost if that isn't reached.

Personally, I try to look at it from an unemotional standpoint. A lot of indie h-game devs seem to have strings of bad luck when it comes to releases. There is a time, when, as a supporter, you have to think, "is this one too many times?" And make a judgement call. I really have admiration for your paid content releases as opposed to monthly Yummy. It makes you one of the few devs on patreon that I actually respect atm (and only dev that I support with more than a buck). Please don't mess this one up XD.
First chaper is free if I remember right lol.

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

All chapters are free. Patrons will just get a beta release a couple of days earlier.
Uh no, first chapter is free. i'm pretty sure, all later chapters is pay content.

AExMachina

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Uh no, first chapter is free. i'm pretty sure, all later chapters is pay content.
From the very first post of this thread:

Aylia’s Story is meant to be a gigantic Thank You to the hentai game community. It is inspired by Japanese RPG Maker games, and by the many English indie games and unfinished demo. This game started when I asked myself, “Why can’t we have a cool English Hentai RPG?” As such, upon completion, Aylia’s Story will be freely distributed amongst the hentai community, for everyone to enjoy.

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

AExMachina is correct. The game will be completely free upon completion. Honestly, with the support I've received from patron, I see no reason why I'd ever have to charge for the complete product. Let everyone enjoy it, and spread the word. Yes, I might be able to make more money selling a complete product, but if my Patreon setup of only charging for major updates, and my lack of pledged updates for over a year, should indicate, I'm not in this to just make money.

Now, the only real decision I'll have is whether I release chapters 2-4 publicly. Originally, I intended for chapter 1 to be released for free after the patron beta period. Then, I'd release the entire game upon completion publicly--meaning, access to chapter 2-4 would be patron only. Now, I'm not 100% sure I'll go this route. I also did not believe I'd garner over $7,000 in support when I started, so, the purpose of holding chapters 2-4 back was partially to incentivize pledging--which I'm not sure is an issue.

Basically, chapter 1 will definitely be released for free. The game itself will definitely be released for free. Chapters 2-4 will most likely be released for free.

yitan1983

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

thank YT,I very difficult pay money(my wife controls the credit card but not my computer:D)I respect you for doing this,many designers go for the money I understand they have to eat but many can not pay,
you have shown that you do not only money if not for the pleasure of making a game for all,thank you very much YT:eek:

MasterQ2

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I'd like to think that in a week or less, the beta for ch.1 will be out! Can't wait!

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'd like to think that in a week or less, the beta for ch.1 will be out! Can't wait!
..beta? Last I remember it should be the full version of the prologue and Ch. 1. Beta testing was supposed to be a perk for the patreons, but it hasn't happened yet. Probably start for Ch. 2.

MasterQ2

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

..beta? Last I remember it should be the full version of the prologue and Ch. 1. Beta testing was supposed to be a perk for the patreons, but it hasn't happened yet. Probably start for Ch. 2.
Yummy mentioned a "patron beta period" in the last post.

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yummy mentioned a "patron beta period" in the last post.
Do you mean this?
Snip
...Now, the only real decision I'll have is whether I release chapters 2-4 publicly. Originally, I intended for chapter 1 to be released for free after the patron beta period. Then, I'd release the entire game upon completion publicly--meaning, access to chapter 2-4 would be patron only. Now, I'm not 100% sure I'll go this route...
Beta testing has already pretty much been done by a couple of lucky buggers who were helping him out with coding and writing a bit, at least from what I remember. It should be the full chapter at this point, and I haven't gotten any messages from him yet about it, so... Yummy?

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

Beta testing has already pretty much been done by a couple of lucky buggers who were helping him out with coding and writing a bit, at least from what I remember. It should be the full chapter at this point, and I haven't gotten any messages from him yet about it, so... Yummy?
You know your statements doesn't actually correlate to each other?

Just because some of the people helping him making the game have done some test run, doesn't equate to him having done "patreon only beta"?

He can still put it out to his patreon first, to see if there's any other bugs still left in there, THEN do public release.

MasterQ2

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

It will be released in May, and I will be releasing it for a short beta period to patrons first. I've given this a lot of thought, and have been back and forth regarding how it'll be released. I've come to the conclusion that once it is released publicly, it is out of my hands. I'd rather give my patrons a 2-3 days window to test the crap out of it and ensure that the public release it mostly bug free. So, just be patient a bit longer.
There, I knew Yummy said it here.

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You know your statements doesn't actually correlate to each other?

Just because some of the people helping him making the game have done some test run, doesn't equate to him having done "patreon only beta"?

He can still put it out to his patreon first, to see if there's any other bugs still left in there, THEN do public release.
Hm? Oh, just thought it looked like, from the posts so far on here and the patreon, that it will be the full chapter release. Sorry 'bout that then.

And yeah, I'm a patreon at that tier, got billed for that last update too. Not trying to be argumentative or anything, sorry if it came across like that.