What's new

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Aylia's Story - English H-Game Goodness!

d'oh! I knew i forgot stuff. Thanks for clarifying.

yitan1983

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

:eek:and step 8k congratulations again
Could we soon 10k? I think yes:)

by the way I can not see creator post and patron post ¿someone else feels the same?

problem solved

Last edited:

MasterQ2

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

by the way I can not see creator post and patron post ¿someone else feels the same?
Yummy's Patreon? I've no problem.
Anyway, I expect a new post in the week-end...hoping for good news! :D

Imlerith

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Can't w8 4 the release, but let me ask smth:if it took 2 years for chapter 1 to come out(which we expect to be 3-6 hours long(I haven't heard anything about the length)) then how come chapter 2 is coming out so soon afterwards? Did he spent the last 2 years working on the entire game? And he just started finishing up on what chapter 1 is supposed to be a bit late which led to the delays, or is chapter 1 the meat of the game and the following chapters will be a lot smaller? oh man I'm so hyped^^ I might have to get my wallet out for this game. the demo was really just that damn good! sry for my English.

yitan1983

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

the duration is about 10 hours in one play and not skip the tex,(a 4 o 5 hour skip the text):rolleyes:
and for chapter 2,the chapter one has almost all maps basically just need to draw new drawings and add text is very fast

Last edited:
OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Can't w8 4 the release, but let me ask smth:if it took 2 years for chapter 1 to come out(which we expect to be 3-6 hours long(I haven't heard anything about the length)) then how come chapter 2 is coming out so soon afterwards? Did he spent the last 2 years working on the entire game? And he just started finishing up on what chapter 1 is supposed to be a bit late which led to the delays, or is chapter 1 the meat of the game and the following chapters will be a lot smaller? oh man I'm so hyped^^ I might have to get my wallet out for this game. the demo was really just that damn good! sry for my English.
Valid question. I released the first version of the prologue in December 2014. That version contained no working battle system, and lacked many of the art improvements that are in the prologue now.

I released a final prologue in August 2015, with a working battle system. The first half of 2015 was spent figuring out the battle system, figuring out stat progression, designing a lot of the "system" elements that were not finished or were half-assed in the first prologue release. That took a lot longer than I anticipated, and I was a complete rookie in doing all of this.

Going forward, a lot of the system stuff is done. Plus, I've now got a programmer helping me, which makes my job so much easier--programming was by far my weakest area. But, the biggest reason it won't take another year to produce as much gameplay or more? Because I'm working 3-4 days a week now. For pretty much ALL of 2015, I'd say I had on average 3-5 hours A WEEK to work on the game. Think about that for a second, it takes me 2-4 hours to finish a CG, meaning I'd be lucky to get a CG done in a week. That does not include brainstorming dialogue, writing, editing, learning eventing, making things more efficient, changing portraits, etc. There is a lot to do.

I've made more progress since mid-April than I did the entire year of 2015, and that is with getting sick twice, my sump pump failing (and partially flooding the basement), and something else I'm forgetting at this moment.

All that said, Chapter 2 will not be released in June. I plan on running the next pledged update in June, it will be billed at the beginning of July, and then I plan to release Chapter 2 in July. I won't run the pledged update though if I'm not confident I will release it in July.

@yitan: Actually, Chapter 2 will have quite a few new maps. You'll be able to visit either Trellion or Escala (major cities) depending on your choices. Plus, lots of minor areas along the way. Chapter 2 will flesh out the world, Chapter 1 fleshes out Zalran and the surrounding areas. Chapter 3, well, you'll just have to wait :)

MasterQ2

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

the duration is about 10 hours in one play and not skip the tex,(a 4 o 5 hour skip the text):rolleyes:
and for chapter 2,the chapter one has almost all maps basically just need to draw new drawings and add text is very fast
That's not quite true. In the following chapters you will move to new city, travel around the map and so on. The fact is that in chapter 1 Yummy created a lot of stuff that will be needed for the following chapter (the entire combat system for example) so things will be faster. Of course Yummy is always a bit optimistic, but right now he's working on the game part-time, before the last month he was working on it only when he had the chance (evening, the week-end and such) and he plan to start working full-time in the future. I don't know if he will be able to release chapter 2 in June but it will not take another year of development, that's for sure! :D

yitan1983

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

wow :eek:by cities I thought it would be only a town that would be done by creating according to our decisions in the game, this game is very BIG:)
And thanks for answering YT, I did not know the cities:eek:

Last edited:

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Question: Beast/tentacles, can we expect it and how much?

yitan1983

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I just hope that our dear friend perverted Bogwort have many good ideas in Aylia:D
my first question:what differences between the city Trellion and Escala?

Last edited:
OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Question: Beast/tentacles, can we expect it and how much?
Yes, not sure how much. I tend to like tentacle situations in particular, so at least a number of scenes. Beast will be in the form of beast monster battle-h. I don't have plans for anything like becoming a dog, or acting like a dog, etc. that I've seen in some other games.

Yes, Yitan, I'm probably shooting too high with this game. If I determine later that it is impossible, I'll tone it down. I think I can pull it off though.

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I've made more progress since mid-April than I did the entire year of 2015, and that is with getting sick twice, my sump pump failing (and partially flooding the basement), and something else I'm forgetting at this moment.
Family sickness if I recall.

I was actually wondering a lot more about the gods within the universe, but I need to format my question properly. I'll likely post it on the patreon side tomorrow.

Ryuukun

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Question; Will our prologue saves work for chapter one? Or is the prologue not included in chapter one?

Also, when you will release chapter 2, will it be chapter 2 only, or a game that is Chapter 1 + 2 , and so on? ( 1 + 2 + 3 etc.. )

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

He said the prologue saves wouldn't carry over, but if you skip the text you should be able to play through the prologue in about 15m so it shouldn't be too bad.

I believe he's planning on releasing the later chapters as still part of the same game as well. He's possibly looking at hiring a programmer at that point to figure out how to make the save games carry over.

BackArcher

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

To distract a little bit from this thread's uncontainable hype I decided to walk through the Prologue again.
There're some thoughts, if you're not against YT:
- about the effect of Ctrl: 1) it's not significantly faster than hitting Space fastly; 2) single Ctrl hit accelerates multiple replies and it can't be cancelled, so it gives bad control on dialogue speed; 3) it doesn't speed up scenes (not dialogues), so it's slightly unconvenient while replaying some parts of the game.
So, I'd advice is to make the effect like "accelerated action" (see RJ132271 from ましまる堂 (and FYI they have nice character and face animations) also Scale Garden has good text-skipping speed (but not with scenes), ヴェラの地方漫遊記 (Vera's country tour diary) by Cool Sister (く~るシスター) ("A" key) has a good speed). I also think that having held the speed-up key in battle for utilizing previous type of action or attack (or if the choice automatically gets there and Ctrl just fastly chooses the item) will make non-decisive battles less time-consuming and solves the problem (for me atleast) to skip Bog's action when he can't do anything. And, I consider making speed-up for movement and text on the one key slightly easier to use, but it's insignificant.
Not long ago I've played some Z-jirushi (Z印) games like MYSTIC MINE, and there they suggested using separate key to increase speed of the whole gameplay incl. text, battle, movement (of everyone, not only you), scrolling scenes. And holding common speed-up key (Shift for them) increases even such running speed. Not sure if it will really fit to such rich-plotted and detailed gameplay of Aylia though;
- gallery: since the most of J-HRPG are for H and have galleries, like lists in menu or "books" in inventory, but Aylia's story provide even something additional - good jokes and puns, I'd enjoy to call those small scenes to memory in some similar form (of course aggregated by quests/locations or another plot parts because of quantity);
- well, I slightly am not aware of what to do with the badges and what they are for.

Sorry for my overexplanating style of narration - it's so different from fluent one like yours in the game.
Oh, and btw shrooms are not plants ;)

deem

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Since i think the game has multiple paths in regard to the options, i think there will be a cg room after you finish a run, if it has a new game+ mechanic, which i hope it has, on the skip funtion it has felt better when in the "Q" key or the "A" than when it was in the control key, but that i leave to the programmer that knows which is easier to put in the game and dont cause a crush or other errors in the game, maybe just make the text go by faster not full machine gun action like some VNs
Also the hype is real not only will yummys game happen but i know a few women that owme a date thanks to yummy :D

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, unfortunately for those waiting, NOW, there is a delay. I was sick pretty much ALL of last week. Meaning, I'm basically exactly where I was last Monday (made a few updates, but not much). Last Monday, I was hoping to bust my ass and get the game out on the Weekend, so... same, but don't hold your breath. Next week is much more likely. (I'll post on Patreon this evening with a teaser).

@Ryuukun: All chapters will be together as a complete game. I'm just releasing the game in 5 chunks so as to facilitate Patreon pledging and build excitement. Save games should transfer from the chapter 2 release and on. I have a programmer working on fixing it now.

about the effect of Ctrl: 1) it's not significantly faster than hitting Space fastly; 2) single Ctrl hit accelerates multiple replies and it can't be cancelled, so it gives bad control on dialogue speed; 3) it doesn't speed up scenes (not dialogues), so it's slightly unconvenient while replaying some parts of the game.

So, I'd advice is to make the effect like "accelerated action" (see RJ132271 from ましまる堂 (and FYI they have nice character and face animations) also Scale Garden has good text-skipping speed (but not with scenes), ヴェラの地方漫遊記 (Vera's country tour diary) by Cool Sister (く~るシスター) ("A" key) has a good speed). I also think that having held the speed-up key in battle for utilizing previous type of action or attack (or if the choice automatically gets there and Ctrl just fastly chooses the item) will make non-decisive battles less time-consuming and solves the problem (for me atleast) to skip Bog's action when he can't do anything. And, I consider making speed-up for movement and text on the one key slightly easier to use, but it's insignificant.
Not long ago I've played some Z-jirushi (Z印) games like MYSTIC MINE, and there they suggested using separate key to increase speed of the whole gameplay incl. text, battle, movement (of everyone, not only you), scrolling scenes. And holding common speed-up key (Shift for them) increases even such running speed. Not sure if it will really fit to such rich-plotted and detailed gameplay of Aylia though;

- gallery: since the most of J-HRPG are for H and have galleries, like lists in menu or "books" in inventory, but Aylia's story provide even something additional - good jokes and puns, I'd enjoy to call those small scenes to memory in some similar form (of course aggregated by quests/locations or another plot parts because of quantity);

- well, I slightly am not aware of what to do with the badges and what they are for.

Sorry for my overexplanating style of narration - it's so different from fluent one like yours in the game.
Oh, and btw shrooms are not plants ;)
Well, the text skip that I'm using is 1) compatible with VX Ace (ScaleGarden's is not), and 2) Does not skip text when the window is hidden (have not found another that does this). It's not the perfect speed through, but since I'm aiming for a story-rich experience, you should be reading anyways! With the current text skip, it takes me about 12-15 minutes to get through the prologue--I consider that acceptable.

Gallery will have a full scene callback (with text and options) and a picture only callback. It will be accessible whenever Aylia goes to sleep. There will also be a battle arena that allows you to battle any currently defeated enemies.

Badges will play a major role in the game. Aylia will only see pretty generic growth via experience and leveling. Most of her dynamic growth is done through badges. Slap a lot of people? Earn more slap badges and her slaps get stronger. Spend a lot of time fighting munchkins? Earn munchkin badges and do more damage to them. Work in the farms frequently? Gain badges related to that and get strength stat bonuses. This is my way of allowing dynamic character growth throughout the game.

Bah, fungi are plants, screw the overly complicated labeling systems :)

yitan1983

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

He said the prologue saves wouldn't carry over, but if you skip the text you should be able to play through the prologue in about 15m so it shouldn't be too bad.

in 15 min I did it without skip texts, skip texts in 5 or 6 min:D
including battles

and congratulation again for 1000 patreons in your game YT

Last edited:

BackArcher

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

It'd be great if mods cleaned the hype (incl. this) and left the constructive info.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

I'll only do it if Yummy gives the okay.