What's new

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Aylia's Story - English H-Game Goodness!

Hello, sorry for bothering!
I'm having some issues in game.... i ve played this game for weeks( also trying to figure out the probs...)
When i got the new suite, the next day i met the shopowner and she gave me a quest( searching for flowers) , but i could'nt find the right way.... i know it seems so dumb..but i jus tried everything i could( when i go outta the vilage and turned back to the bridge to the main entrance, it triggered the even of the first day( meet borgut's buddy), the i got stuck there.pfff)
Could someone please help me with it ? I got stuck in the first chapitre for weeks...)
thanks again for the great game and the community!
You're in incomplete territory. All future versions have a much clearer distinction as to where the current game ends. So, it should prevent issues like this unless people want to go further and experiment.

Wait, why's the thread unlocked again... G-Damnit.
Thread was unlocked weeks ago. I realized locking was a bad idea. A few trolling people should not control what is and is not discussed.

Woohoo part of Chapter 1 after 3 years and its still uncertain whether he will actually release anything substantial. YT cant be trusted after so many lies, broken promises and missed deadlines.
I will believe it when i see it and when it happens theres obviously a question - is it any good?
It'll never be released. If somehow it is, it's going to suck, you'll hate it. Now, feel free to go find ANY other game and discuss that. There's a new Fall: out game that look pretty good, or Claire's Quest is solid, or maybe you'd like Meridianna's Investigation if you like 3D. I'm sure you'll be happier there than discussing a terrible, lying developer like me. Bye.

Whoa great news. I mean unlocking the thread. That means a download link is there somewhere to all the new amazing content. It's just a matter of finding it. He wouldn't have asked to unlock the thread without the link, would he? I'm so hyped right now.
No link. It'll be posted when the next release goes public. You can probably find a version of the most recent prologue, but that's about it. Here is the changelog for that (Note - all future releases will have updated changelogs so people can decided whether it's worth playing):

RELEASE - Version 0.10

Systems

- Database organization reworked (Will break prior saves)

+ Skills, Items, Weapons, Armors, Switches, Variables, Common Events all renamed and moved into appropriate groupings. This broke A LOT.

+ Iconset updated with weapon and armor variations

+ States defined and created in preparation for the final battle system

+ Drastic changes to common event organization and moved a lot of map events to the common event system to better enable dynamic eventing

+ Gold became "Bits" to reflect that Talyron's currency is based on gold bits. Currencies differ between regions, but all are based on bits.

+ Finalized terminology through for HP, MP, Stamina, Stats, etc.

+ Updated scripts (BlackMorning, MOG, OvertureAce,)

* Added FullScreen++, Bug fixes for pictures and Yanfly's battle system

- Mapping

+ Chapter 1 maps added (Northern and Southern road, Zalran Lake, Zalran hills)

+ Maps reorganized in preparation for Chapter 1 release. Many maps will now be chapter specific to prevent overwhelming number of events

Game Script

- Massive changes throughout. Nearly every written aspect of the prologue has been updated or rewritten. This was done to better transition to Chapter 1 content.

- Nearly every dialogue event modified to change upon multiple interactions. Meaning, you don't get a repeat of an initial dialogue repeating itself as it typical in JRPGs

- Many events now controlled with global switches and variables so they can effect each other

- Changed gem retrieval event line in Zalran mines

- Added minor events

+ Zalran mines

+ Foreman's cottage

+ Zalran Hills

+ Zalran outskirts

+ Zalran Proper, Mayor House, Lida's Shop, Doan's Inn

+ Zalran Fields (Church plaque is a notable addition for those interested in lore)

- Made a number of interactions more dynamic by referencing past choices/interactions

+ Example would be referencing Dirk's interaction with Lida or checking the old Inn before talking to Doan. This is an example of where I'd like the script to go. They are minor little additions, but I feel they go a long way in make the world "living and breathing."

- Added a lot more of Aylia reminiscing about her past throughout. You should now have a better understanding of WHO she is.

Artwork

- CGs

+ CG 1 (crystal) - added panties

+ CG 2 (Mine changing) - 90% revamped

+ CG 3 (Gem searching) - redrew that beautiful, bodacious butt.

+ CG 4 (Standing on cliff) - 50% redrawn (Hair, lower body, panties)

+ CG 5 (Potato Sack pulldown) - completely redrawn

+ CG 6 (Peasant Dress introduction) - redrawn to make the peasant dress more of a sundress, and less of a formal gown.

+ CG 7 (Night conversation) - cleaned up significant, face and hair redrawn, facial expressions added.

* Night conversation changed significantly and moved to Chapter 1. It was only added to the prologue before to test this type of branching dialogue and get feedback.

- Facesets

+ Reorganized facesets to bring consistency throughout.

* Aylia will have 3 full facesets (Primary emotions, secondary emotions, sex emotions)

* Rivals will have 2 full facesets (Primary emotions, secondary)

* Bogwort will have 2 full facesets (Primary, secondary)

* Major characters will have 1 full faceset (Dirk and Tian are the 2 currently in game)

* Minor characters of note have custom faces now (Zalran outskirts and Zalran proper residents)

+ Aylia, Bogwort, Kira, Triste, Tian, Mayor, Doan, Wanda, Voran, Drake, and Saladin faces redrawn or added

+ Vane, Joseph, Dirk, Lida, Goddess faces cleaned up and neck/shoulders added

- Standing Portraits

+ Aylia standing portraits revamped

* Panties High Pride (3 emotions)

* Panties Low Pride (2 emotions)

* Potato Sack (4 emotions)

+ Bogwort standing portrait revamped (7 emotions)

+ Kira standing portrait cleaned up and left arm changed (5 emotions)

+ Triste standing portrait revamped (3 emotions)

- Sprites and tilesets

+ New sprites commissioned for most characters

+ Tilesets added for Divine statues and lore established for each Divine

- Menu artwork updated to reflect revamps

- Enemy battlers created

+ Beholder (H planned)

+ Giant Bug

+ Knockers (H planned)

+ Water Slime (H planned)

+ Mangy Mutt

+ Stickler

+ Fanged Snail

+ Slithering Slime (H planned)

Music and Sound

- Music normalized throughout

- Sound effect normalized throughout

- Music added from the Community RPG Maker Pack

+ Enjoy the Life

+ The Ritual

+ Hamlet

+ Mellow Darkness

- Music removed due to copyright concerns

+ Troublemaker

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah I was aware that thread was unlocked by last month at least because I was looking for updates and forgot the patreon address so I ran to this thread for the link to aylia's patreon xD

Noticed it was unlocked and wondered if there was some kind of error or something.

Anyways so first half of chapter 1 is coming this month?

I'll just wait for chapter 1, I got tired of checking out the prologue all the time. :p

Freedom12312

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Now this is nice game I'm willing to try.

PeanutGallery

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Oh, hey, neat. For those of us that aren't in a position to contribute to the patreon, it's nice to get news updates.

geltoo9

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

- Enemy battlers created

+ Beholder (H planned)

+ Giant Bug

+ Knockers (H planned)

+ Water Slime (H planned)

+ Mangy Mutt

+ Stickler

+ Fanged Snail

+ Slithering Slime (H planned)
Nice lineup! Is H not planned for the mangy mutt? :: holds out hope ::

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Nice lineup! Is H not planned for the mangy mutt? :: holds out hope ::
Not currently, at least in terms of battle H. I've tried to keep the battle H limited to creatures that have rational thought. Doesn't mean a mangy mutt couldn't be driven by instinct, but I don't see how it would pull her dress down and engage in battle H.

Battle H is outfit specific, and chapter 1 focuses on the peasant dress which is exploited in the bust. Other outfits are exploited differently. But, in having creatures with limbs and rational thought engaging in H, they would know to pull down her dress and attack appropriately.

That doesn't mean creatures like a mangy mutt never get their moment. There may be a NPC in the game who has a mangy mutt as a pet, and Aylia may end up compromised by this NPC. Who knows?

@Freedom - Thanks!

@PeanutGallery - that was the idea, plus I'm actually thinking I might release more content in our lifetimes.

geltoo9

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Not currently, at least in terms of battle H. I've tried to keep the battle H limited to creatures that have rational thought. Doesn't mean a mangy mutt couldn't be driven by instinct, but I don't see how it would pull her dress down and engage in battle H.

Battle H is outfit specific, and chapter 1 focuses on the peasant dress which is exploited in the bust. Other outfits are exploited differently. But, in having creatures with limbs and rational thought engaging in H, they would know to pull down her dress and attack appropriately.

That doesn't mean creatures like a mangy mutt never get their moment. There may be a NPC in the game who has a mangy mutt as a pet, and Aylia may end up compromised by this NPC. Who knows?
Thanks for the response! And that sounds just fine to me :)

As for how the mangy mutt might exploit Aylia with the peasant dress, maybe he can knock her down on all fours and stick his nose in while she's recovering? No real H, but it would freak out ch 1 Aylia. I don't wanna add more chapter 1 work for you anyway so I'm just spitballing.

Faucheur24

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

oh thanks for your reply guys! Hmmm so the game ends right after the first night? I was wondering where to find the scenes that were showed in preview pics ( like up skirt etc), cus once i get into the vilage, idk how to go outside. I'm stuck there, instead of taking the quest of the clothshop owner, which line should i follow? Thanks again!

Freedom12312

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Will there be H animations in this game? Will it be for the battle H focus, Defeat scenes or the usual talk to a certain NPC for H scene?
Also what other costumes do you have planned on doing? (Other than the usual Maid, Bunny suit. Bikini Etc...)

Last edited:

Shiryuu612

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

That's what happens when you pissed someone,who worked hard for this game who's been busy in real life,No offense to YummyTiger Just saying that you shouldn't pissed the creator of this game I mean people should be appreciating someone's doing this not to say something bad about it okay that's it.Please don't be offended xD Peace!

Last edited:

Peter_Snayde

Reputation score
Will this game receive an update ever? I know, that it's not polite to lamenting, about games, that has no visible progress since 1-st demo, but I'm curious.

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Will this game receive an update ever? I know, that it's not polite to lamenting, about games, that has no visible progress since 1-st demo, but I'm curious.
Considering his patreon is still somewhat active, i am fairly confident that his creation is at some point seeing the light of day.

wouldn't start a(nother) hype train, however.

SirMalo

Cthulhu
Reputation score
You should visit F95 Zone. The dev loves to write comments (the usual excuses ofc, what were you thinking?^^) there AND works on the game at the same time. The only reason this game is still somewhat alive is because most of his patrons are suffering from delusional disorder and give him wrong ideas. Like everything is fine, take your time (i wonder if chapter 1 is completly done by the end of 2018!), you don't charge any money so you can't be blamed for anything, blah blah blah.

Well...just a little update from a person who is able to put 1 and 1 together but is called an asshole or something worse because of that. :D

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Yes, there will be an update someday. Thank you for your patience, and thank you Keep for the positive outlook.

@Drumbeat - I've made about 10-15 posts in the past two months, way to blow that out of proportion. I get it, I'm an asshole for giving out false release dates for a free h-game. Thank you for letting me know.

Peter_Snayde

Reputation score
Yes, there will be an update someday. Thank you for your patience, and thank you Keep for the positive outlook.

@Drumbeat - I've made about 10-15 posts in the past two months, way to blow that out of proportion. I get it, I'm an asshole for giving out false release dates for a free h-game. Thank you for letting me know.
Man the only thing that upset me really - that demo and 0.11 was good. Something that touch. The story could be deep, the gameplay could be interesting.

Kitty Kat

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The game doesn't need to be perfect... people will be happy with whatever you come up with. Because the demo was in fact, good.

Don't push yourself too hard. It's just a free game (by using your own words)...

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score
The game doesn't need to be perfect... people will be happy with whatever you come up with. Because the demo was in fact, good.

Don't push yourself too hard. It's just a free game (by using your own words)...
Good advice, and boy do I wish I'd followed it years ago. If not for revamping, rewriting, redrawing, re-everything, I'd have released updates throughout. Apparently, I have mental issues with letting go... I did release a shitty alpha last month, so there's that.

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Good advice, and boy do I wish I'd followed it years ago. If not for revamping, rewriting, redrawing, re-everything, I'd have released updates throughout. Apparently, I have mental issues with letting go... I did release a shitty alpha last month, so there's that.
I think I waited four years just to see Aylia naked. And every time I play the demo I haven't seen anything wrong with it other than the bugs during ur first release ever. I did download ur demo at least once a year something like that. And it was pretty much just the same and I couldn't find anything new mostly other than minor art changes. Art has improved indeed. I think you're worrying too much but it is still missing the combat battles. Which may come out this year or something, just so that you know LoH:TiTs 1 came out in July 29 2014.. That's legend of heroes: trails in the sky. LoH:TiTs 3 came out for usa last year in May 3rd 2017. There's at least one game left in that sequel which is extra I think.. Those games have a shitload of writing to translate.

I'm waiting to see if chapter 1 of Aylia or the LoH:TiTS ex come out first.

I love me some blond blue eyed elves that actually have good art drawn which is why I make an effort to remember this game. I'm not mad. XD Its probably a good thing your real job isn't an game developer. lol

Crispin

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Perfectionism is a common problem among artists of all kinds. What can help is to have an editor who will tell you "this is good enough, stop working on this part now and start working on the next part" and "no, the game is fine without that feature. Don't add it, because adding it will only waste a bunch of time without adding much quality to the game." Otherwise you get projects like Dungeons & Prisoners and whatnot, where the dev just keeps adding useless features instead of content and the game just gets buggier and buggier each mostly content-free release.

A book-example of this phenomenon is George R.R. Martin. He spent longer and longer on each book, but the quality didn't improve with that time investment. I'd argue that the latest book was actually the worst of the lot. Compare that to someone like Jim Butcher who keeps a mostly consistent yearly or bi-yearly release schedule. His books generally improve each release, even though he often has to rush to finish books in time. The thing is, he has beta readers and editors to tell him when a part needs to be re-written and when something is good enough and he needs to move on. He's also said numerous times that parts that he himself hated while writing and that he couldn't re-write due to having to keep deadlines were often the parts that were the most popular among fans, and that he himself often ended up liking those parts too when re-reading them months later with a fresh eye.

A more famous example of a perfectionist is J.R.R Tolkien. He wrote The Hobbit in two years (although it took several more years until it was published) and it was great. The Lord of the Rings took 12 years, and although it got famous the story itself was slow and boring, especially when compared to The Hobbit, and had a bunch of bad parts that dragged down the story and should have been cut out entirely during editing, most infamously the entire Tom Bombadil part which added absolutely nothing to the story and which basically all adaptations cut out completely with no negative impact, apart from a few LotR purists whining.

The moral of the story is that time investment does not equal quality. In fact, it's often the reverse. You need an editor who will tell you to stop working on parts that are already good enough and to move on, and who will tell you to not bother adding certain features, or even outright discard features that you've been working on but having trouble implementing or finishing so that you don't fall victim to the Sunk Costs Fallacy and keep thinking "I've already invested so much time in trying to add this feature, so I have to make sure it gets done" instead of doing the rational thing and just scrapping it.

If you really find yourself dissatisfied with something, then wait until the game is done and then go back and edit/add content/whatever. There are big h-games that add content years after the initial release. Off-hand, Rune's Pharmacy comes to mind. Point is, you can wait. The problem is that as a perfectionist you don't have the discipline to monitor your own work-flow, so you need to do what other famous perfectionists do, which is hire other people to do it for you.

Last edited:

Keyen

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
If you really find yourself dissatisfied with something, then wait until the game is done and then go back and edit/add content/whatever. There are big h-games that add content years after the initial release. Off-hand, Rune's Pharmacy comes to mind. Point is, you can wait. The problem is that as a perfectionist you don't have the discipline to monitor your own work-flow, so you need to do what other famous perfectionists do, which is hire other people to do it for you.
Worse, it's supposed to be part 1 (or chapter 1, or whatever). So it's not like it will be "there, the game, end of story", he can always add thing after without any problem.