What's new

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I do plan on updating the first page when I actually release something. I'm severely disappointed I didn't get one done before this year ended, but I did put out a few very short alphas this fall to get the ball rolling. Hopefully, 2022 is a great year.

Thedeadly

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Tried the demo. Glad to see we're back in Zalran and battles seem to be working well. Didn't find any bugs or crashes, hopeful to see where we go from here.

foamy111

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Speeding up game with normal MV confirm key hold will softlock game when entering Bogworts house. Not an issue on your part, but a warning to anyone trying to speed up movements. MV needs to fix that crap.

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Yep, I did find out about the speeding through the cutscene in Bogwort's house issue after release. I will tweak the movement route just slightly so that it can't happen. One good thing is now that the introduction portion of the game is done, I should be able to cut down a little on those types of cutscenes. It just made sense to me that the first time Aylia comes to a village she's going to get lots of introductions to people and places. Now, it's time to start living!

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
After playing the demo:
Will the campfire scene with Bogwort be updated to allow the dress slip like the old demo?

Wouldn't the Eliandre having few children mean they had a declining population?

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score
After playing the demo:
Will the campfire scene with Bogwort be updated to allow the dress slip like the old demo?

Wouldn't the Eliandre having few children mean they had a declining population?
Yes, the campfire scene has variations, but there will be multiple campfire conversations with Bogwort throughout the game. It will be one of the ways their relationship grows.

As for your question about Eliandre children. It was more in relation to other races. Goblins for example have many children, and humans tend to have quite a few. So, in comparison, the Eliandre had very few, but their lifespans were much longer. Pretty much in line with much of fantasy and elves.

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
Yes, the campfire scene has variations, but there will be multiple campfire conversations with Bogwort throughout the game. It will be one of the ways their relationship grows.

As for your question about Eliandre children. It was more in relation to other races. Goblins for example have many children, and humans tend to have quite a few. So, in comparison, the Eliandre had very few, but their lifespans were much longer. Pretty much in line with much of fantasy and elves.
Kinda meant, the scene doesn't seem to have those variations right now, compared to the old demo.

Still means that newer generations are smaller than the previous ones, and while long lived, they aren't unkillable (even if they once believed so).

Mechanics:
- you might want to nerf the early enemies a little, especially the bats, their 50~75% evasion rate is annoying, their crit rate also seems very high.
- might want to look at the weapons' part of things, the Chisel missed way too often.
- Bogwort's Dirt Throw also suffer from hitting only 20~25% of the time.
... some of those might be a result of mixing + and - in some of the calculations.

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I meant the variations where her dress falls down are saved now for future events. There are more variations as well, but her dress slipping and exposing a nipple is one of them.

One the mechanics, I appreciate the feedback. I am tweaking the battle system and balancing things took a lot of time. The default RPG Maker system has a chance to miss the attack and a chance for enemy evasion. I've removed the attack miss chance altogether and the weapon you use has no impact on hit rates, as hit rate is 100% all the time. The only factor in the system is evasion now, which is based on a base evasion rate and enemy/character AGI. The bats are meant to be evasive so they have a base rate of 15% + 6.4% from their AGI score. So, an evasion rate of 21.4%. I'll keep your comment in mind during future testing and see if this strikes me as too high.

For the prologue enemies:
Rats evasion: 6%
Bats: 21%
Snake: 4%

I also believe that Bogwort's fizzleboof spell should be a guaranteed hit, so that might be the best way to remove bats. His Dirt throw skill has a 75% chance to hit, but 100% chance to blind for 2-3 turns (Unless the enemy has some form of blind resistance, which I have not implemented yet).

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
Weird, or maybe the Random Number God just hates me.

Is Luck (stat) supposed to play any role in the calculations?

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Luck increases chances of a critical hit. It also will impact drop rates for rare items. In the current game, enemies only drop common items and they have a 100% drop rate for things like rat teeth and bat wings.

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score
BattleTeaser.PNG

Just a quick status update. Got the peasant dress battle portrait and exploited variation done and working. Finishing up battle cut-ins now for the first h-enemy (munchkins). Aiming for a patron-only beta release at the end of this month. If all goes well, there will be another public release at the end of December which should have 5-7 chapter 1 quests, 2-3 h-enemies with battle cut-ins, and other miscellaneous events. I'll try to update here when I post publicly on Patreon.

Thanks!

Seikatsu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Give it 2yrs... to b playable..(by then most ppl would probably forget this game again)
Just hope this game update faster & not snail pace...
i suggest u make it Monthly Update & another month for public update so u can pull more patrons... no point making this if everyone forget about this game again

Ghotty

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Give it 2yrs... to b playable..(by then most ppl would probably forget this game again)
i suggest u make it Monthly Update & another month for public update so u can pull more patrons... no point making this if everyone forget about this game again
I mean, it's not even a big deal anymore. This game looked like the mona lisa by 2014 standards, but now? I really doubt anyone is going to lose their shit over it almost an entire decade's worth of higher standards later.

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Not sure I understand what you're saying. It's already playable. I don't plan on taking years off this time around.

I mean, it's not even a big deal anymore. This game looked like the mona lisa by 2014 standards, but now? I really doubt anyone is going to lose their shit over it almost an entire decade's worth of higher standards later.
That's why the entire game was redone in higher resolution, new tilesets, improved artwork, etc. I enjoy these games and I still don't see very many games with quality stories and good artwork. What games are you playing that make this game look old?