What's new

ACT Patreon Abandoned [Zolvatory] Lost Case: Monster Girl Takeover

labov

Reputation score
@Zolvatory

This is, by far, the highest quality pixel art ero game I have ever seen. The job y'all have done on the art and the style in generalis phenomenal. I'm thrilled to see this game develop.

This said, I really have to agree with the voices critical of your marketing and communication. A game with this sort of quality should get a lot more exposure, and 99% of your potential audience will simply never come to your discord. You need to step out of that comfort zone, for the sake of this intriguing project and the hard work you're putting into it. I'll be joining your patreon right now, but please, for the love of your own project, get your marketing up to speed - this game deserves it.

Haro

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I agree with some of Labovs points. It'd be really good to possibly get more updates on here . But yeah, overall I'm really interested since i love reverse rape, I'm but I'll wait till i see/hear more about it.

ramenslurper

Reputation score
ahhh yes, pixel ero games. what a charm. I'll try out the demo soon.

edit: well this looks promising! controls are a bit wonky at the moment, but I am aware that it's still at alpha stage. I like the art as well. May I suggest a femdom and maledom scenes tho?

Last edited:

Harkini

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
If you go into \LostCase_Data\StreamingAssets\XMLData there's .xml files containing all of the fairy's dialogue, including some that can't be seen in the game yet. There's also a whole 36 game over dialogues even though I've only ever seen 2 ingame.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
May I suggest a femdom and maledom scenes tho?
You know this does surprise me.
It seems it only goes one way too.

Fans of female assertive content don't go into traditional rape and cuckoldry game threads and ask for femdom, but fans of that bestiality, gangbang, aggressive stuff always go into game threads with a female assertive focus and ask for maledom.

From SHRIFT, to the SEQUEL series, to The World a Robot Girl Dreams Of, and heck even ExcessM's works. It's inescapable.

This is, by far, the highest quality pixel art ero game I have ever seen. The job y'all have done on the art and the style in generalis phenomenal. I'm thrilled to see this game develop.
I've noticed you didn't mention anything on the game design, but I do agree that visually, I can't think of many games that are superior.
The only game with superior art is Cloud Meadow.
Poring's castle of Temptation is also pretty damn close in art quality tho. Overall character design for Castle of Temptation is not as good though.

These guys probably have the best designer I've seen yet. I worry that the character designs might actually be too good XD
If it's too complex it'll be hard to translate into game space.

I hope you guys focus on the actual design of the game. As it plays right now, it doesn't feel like an adult game to me. It feels like a normal game with adult elements thrown in sometimes maybe. That's not necessarily a bad thing since you can create an ALL AGES version of the game tho. Preference wise I much prefer games where the adult content is merged into the design of the game seamlessly making it completely unavoidable.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Fans of female assertive content don't go into traditional rape and cuckoldry game threads and ask for femdom, but fans of that bestiality, gangbang, aggressive stuff always go into game threads with a female assertive focus and ask for maledom.

From SHRIFT, to the SEQUEL series, to The World a Robot Girl Dreams Of, and heck even ExcessM's works. It's inescapable.
People ask for content they want in games that don't have it all the time, like the guy that absolutely couldn't stand that the MC of Alien Quest: Eve didn't take off her shoes. He was literally begging other users to mod that into the game for him XD Unlike him, if they're at least moderately respectful and refrain from being spammy I don't see a problem with it since it just kinda fades into the background usually.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
People ask for content they want in games that don't have it all the time, like the guy that absolutely couldn't stand that the MC of Alien Quest: Eve didn't take off her shoes. He was literally begging other users to mod that into the game for him XD Unlike him, if they're at least moderately respectful and refrain from being spammy I don't see a problem with it since it just kinda fades into the background usually.
You're right...
I don't visit those topics too often so I can't say for sure the other way doesn't happen.

I've just gotten so many private messages on discord, and itch, that I guess I let my frustration out on a random user. It's not even my thread XD

Last edited:

ramenslurper

Reputation score

oof, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to rub the wrong way.
I like the balance of femdom and maledom sometimes, but if the developer wishes to focus on femdom then that doesn't sound bad either.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
oof, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to rub the wrong way.
I like the balance of femdom and maledom sometimes, but if the developer wishes to focus on femdom then that doesn't sound bad either.
Don't be.
I came off as antagonistic for no real reason. That was my bad.

It's not like I expect 100% of the sexual content to be female assertive myself. Heck my game isn't.

I just found it strange that the expectation is for these games to appeal to a broader audience but not the other way around.

Tenma

Reputation score
Didn't Forest of the Blue Skin, and even the successor game, have maledom scenes by having the protagonist brainwashed or hypnotized. That could easily happen in this game I think.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Didn't Forest of the Blue Skin, and even the successor game, have maledom scenes by having the protagonist brainwashed or hypnotized. That could easily happen in this game I think.
Succubus Affection is a regular game tho. It's not a reverse rape game.
That game has 50% male dominant scenes and 50% female dominant scenes. In game, the female assertive scenes are mostly completely avoidable, while the male assertive scenes are 100% compulsory.

I agree tho that Zolvatory has a lot of avenues if he wants to add male assertive scenes.

If he gives the detective a companion/enemy traitor, then the writing could include, "training to face enemy sexual attacks" and he could add male assertive scenes.
They could write a character that basically resurrects every time you defeat them, and the only way to stop them is to form a contract which can only be done by dominating them sexually.

Just because it's a male protagonist, and the male protagonist is a good person doesn't mean there's no way to add male assertive sexual content.

Haro

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Even though your points are correct. It's still a reverse rape game that appeals to reverse rape fans. It just also has male assertive scenes for the other half of the scenes. I personally prefer the female assertive scenes but to each their own. I won't get mad if there are some Male assertive scenes.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Even though your points are correct. It's still a reverse rape game that appeals to reverse rape fans. It just also has male assertive scenes for the other half of the scenes. I personally prefer the female assertive scenes but to each their own. I won't get mad if there are some Male assertive scenes.
I agree it appeals to fans of reverse rape games.
It appealed to me because Zell was the artist and I like his reverse rape content.

I just disagree that it qualifies as a reverse rape game.

If half of the game is maleassertive and the other half is female assertive, wouldn't that just be a normal game? In fact the female assertive sex is completely avoidable. You only see it if you're bad at the game, while the male assertive stuff is how you form contracts that are important for getting stats and the oh so important abilities.

I say it's a normal game but in design, it leans closer to a maledom game than a female assertive game, but this discussion is off topic so i'm going to stop here.

____

All I wanted to say is that if Zolvatory wanted to there are ways they could add maledom scenes to this game that wouldn't ruin the tone they already set up.

Last edited:

Someone92

Demon Girl
Reputation score
New public version is up:

There seems to be no new H-content, though.

The game crashes for me if I try to go to the options through the inventory.

OP
Zolvatory

Zolvatory

Reputation score
Yes, a new verison has been published adding the shop and inventory!
We're aware of the bug with the options at the moment (and a few others at that) and will try to find a fix for 1.1a

As to the whole maledom question: We aren't planning on it. Of course there would be options to add it in and we could explain it in a few ways, but it's not the vision we have for this game and the main character. That being said even if we are not adding it, I feel like asking for content never hurts as long as it's not demanding it!

Also just a heads up for everyone that doesn't check in on the Discord or Patreon:

The next update (1.2) will include the day/night switch to change the background/enemies and open/close some of the paths and a new enemy with 2 scenes! It was the winner of our poll a while ago. A wolf girl patrolling the streets at night. We'll also work on changes for the resolution but in doing so have to adjust some of the current graphics we have, so they don't bug out. Hope you're looking forward to it!

Mirza86

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Most definitely looking forward to it! The game looks and plays great and can't wait for more! Keep up the amazing art quality!

ramenslurper

Reputation score
Yes, a new verison has been published adding the shop and inventory!
We're aware of the bug with the options at the moment (and a few others at that) and will try to find a fix for 1.1a

As to the whole maledom question: We aren't planning on it. Of course there would be options to add it in and we could explain it in a few ways, but it's not the vision we have for this game and the main character. That being said even if we are not adding it, I feel like asking for content never hurts as long as it's not demanding it!

Also just a heads up for everyone that doesn't check in on the Discord or Patreon:

The next update (1.2) will include the day/night switch to change the background/enemies and open/close some of the paths and a new enemy with 2 scenes! It was the winner of our poll a while ago. A wolf girl patrolling the streets at night. We'll also work on changes for the resolution but in doing so have to adjust some of the current graphics we have, so they don't bug out. Hope you're looking forward to it!
Looking forward to your game!

IAmAKi

Reputation score
Good to see this game's still being updated! I'll give my 50 cents on things after the next update so I've got more content to go over in a post.

OP
Zolvatory

Zolvatory

Reputation score
Most definitely looking forward to it! The game looks and plays great and can't wait for more! Keep up the amazing art quality!
Looking forward to your game!
Thank you both~! Veila is really flattered by the comments about the art quality, haha. We hope you are just as excited for 1.2 as we are. More enemies in the game also means that I (Avan) can test out more things in terms of movement and combat so it feels a little better.

Good to see this game's still being updated! I'll give my 50 cents on things after the next update so I've got more content to go over in a post.
We're looking forward to it! Any feedback we get helps us out in big ways.

ADM

Reputation score
I'm really liking the pixel art. I look forward to seeing what you do with this game; I'm keeping tabs on this and hope to support you in the future.