What's new

Zoo scouting party [Melissa, Jenn, Mina]

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Zoo scouting party [Melissa, Jenn, Mina]

"We could set the building on fire... but, um, not really no. Are you going to try to get into that office anyway?"

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

"Well... if you think you can get that gate open without it... I don't like the idea of baiting those things up here, but neither do I like the idea of just leaving them free to cause havoc. Mina... you did pretty good against those tentacle-things yesterday... what do you think?"

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Mina jumps as her name was called, as she was spending her time behind the two girls, eying their bottoms up, which Melissa caught onto, "Uh..." she began with uncertainty, "I don't know... All I know is that they're real soft, and break easy!" she announced with a devilish grin and giggle.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Thanks for the help >.<)

"Fine, as long as at least one of you can deal with tentacles reasonably well, I guess we can risk it. You get to be the bait, though..."

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

"That's... not exactly what I was asking about, Mina... you were staring at my butt again, weren't you? Pay attention."

Melissa sighs.

"Well, tentacles in here can't reach out to the parking lot and grab at things there - not easily, at least. Let's go check the gate out - if you can pick the lock, we won't have to try wrestling with the tentacles."

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I must say that I don't mind this outcome."

Jenn proceeds to lead the others back to the gate and attempt to pick the lock.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Melissa follows along, rifle at the ready as she keeps watch, stretching her aura-sense somewhere beyond the gate as Jenn fiddles with the lock.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Mina takes a step back in surprise when Melissa noticed her ogling of her lover's ass, "I-I didn't... I wasn't...!" she tried looking for an excuse in vain, and heaved a sigh of relief upon Jenn's distraction, following her back outside, to the locked gate, where Jenn proceeds to take out a pair of lock pick tools hidden in her hair, and tries picking the lock...

(Lock pick attempt)

Jenn nearly slips up, but her moderate skill with locks saves her from sealing the lock from her, as the lock snaps open, and frees the chains from it's bind. Jenn then pulls at the chains, unwrapping them from the fence, as the large gate could now be moved.

Like a sliding door, to open it, one would push the gate off to the side, rather than move it back and forth like a door. It also appeared very heavy. Two people could move it with little trouble, all three girls could move it with no problem at all, while Melissa or Mina alone would have to struggle a little just to make it budge, as they both seemed to have equal strength.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Melissa giggles at her lover's discomfiture, then sobers up as she keeps watch. Jenn's little mutters of annoyance, and then triumph, let her know she's succeeded in unlocking the gate.

"Nicely done. I don't suppose we could chain the gate open, could we? If not, we should at least try and close the lock so that nobody can close and lock the gate on us."

Having sensed nothing from beyond the gate, Melissa joins the other two in opening it.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"It's worth a try..."

Jenn aids Melissa in her endeavor.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The gate just seems to slide into the wall, with the chain, there doesn't seem to be anything to attach the chain to that would prevent it to be closed behind them. The chain itself is not very long, and there is only open space for as far as it will stretch.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jenn pockets the lock itself (in her pack, if that's even possible, otherwise ignore that...) and takes a look about the entrance area to the zoo, looking for options.

There's usually a stand of maps or something...

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Melissa grins as Jenn tries to pocket the lock.

"Won't that be kinda useless until you get a key for it? Though yeah, if we can't keep the gate from being closed on us, we can at least keep it from being locked on us."

Then she joins her in looking around the entry path.

(Time to indulge your descriptive talent, RJ. What do they see? Ticket booths, concession stands, washrooms, a souvenir shop? Trees, benches, other pathways leading off?)

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

After they looked the chain around the gate, so as to try and prevent it to be locked on them, they look at their surroundings as they enter the Zoo...

They're standing on what appears to be a make-shift road, large enough for a parade to come through. There's grass along both sides of the road, ending at the wall which encases them. There is a building in front of them, it doesn't appear to be for the guests, though, as the only door that they can see is sealed by a metal shutter, operated by electricity, which this place is obviously devoid of. The road divulges in two directions, one going to the right, North, the other, west, and to the left of them. Along the paths are little lamplights along the road, likely for the nighttime workers. The North road only goes for about 25 feet, before stopping at a large, wooden fence, with a door on the side of it, for people to walk through, likely present to make sure any breakouts of animals are easily contained. It looks as if it could be moved, but a method to move it here and now seems non-existent.

The other path, West, leads down a much longer stretch, to another wooden blockade, with yet another door on it. It also branches right, likely to another fence.

Along the path north, there is some kind of stand on wheels, but instead of selling hotdogs, it contained zoo pamphlets. Many of the pamphlets were scattered along the ground, and ripped nearly to pieces by some savage force, though some remained intact, as most seemed to suffer some act of random violence.

Taking some steps along the large hallway like entrance to the Zoo, Mina points out the last thing of interest after she looks to the North path, pointing at a wall unseen by Jenn and Melissa due to the angle. As it turns out, a large hole was in the wall, as if some terrible brute force broke it's way out... Or in.

Mina gasps at the hole, "Damn!" she exclaims, "What the hell could have made that!?!"

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Well that doesn't look good... but with luck whatever did it isn't around anymore. We should very quietly gather up those maps, and take any intact enough to read. One for each of us, then we'll tuck the rest somewhere for anyone who comes after us - radio in the hiding place or something."

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

(Heh... no "deep water" to avoid yet? Kewl.)

The ongoing lack of any auras is making Melissa more confident.

"Yeah, good idea, Jenn... I'm gonna take a closer look at that gigantic hole..."

She suits actions to words, stepping further down the path and eyeing the hole and the stone wall around it - not willing to step on the grass just yet, as something that large would've left SOME tracks, right?

(I assume the hole's in the outside wall of the Zoo. How big is it? Human-, bear-, or elephant-size? On which side does there seem to be more debris - inside or out? Scorch-marks on the stones, or was it just broken? Any tracks in the grass?)

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Melissa examines what they might be expecting via the tracks...

(Intelligence + notice check)

Melissa doesn't think to look for very many signs that would point out what monster they might be expecting. The hole looks like a monster the size of an elephant made it, seeming to have been smashed open via brute force. Whatever did this was powerful, and very large. The imprint in the grass was very vague to her, as her eyes didn't look very well at what she should be seeing.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

(I take it Melissa failed that INT+notice check... so much for Acute Sight.:eek:)

Huh, elephant-sized. Well, I guess an elephant must've made it... maybe when that woman in white wandered in, she panicked an elephant and it broke out here. Oh, well, if it's gone it's not our problem.

So thinking, she goes back to the gate intersection. Depending on what Jenn found, it might be time to call in a report...

Last edited:
OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

( It was mostly the intelligence that messed her up. Even if she had perfect notice and perception stats, they receive a penalty if it's partner stat is terrible. )

As Jenn searched thought the piles of torn pamphlets, Mina assisting her after Melissa had investigated the hole, all she truly found were advertisements to the Zoo's attractions. This Zoo apparently had a wide range of animals, the kinds that could threaten to mutate were many, the most frightening were, horses, hyenas, an octopus, lions, and a large Silverback Gorilla...

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Hrm... I was kinda hoping there'd be a map, but at least we know some of what's in here now. So there's two ways to go, North and West... since we're already here I say we keep going north. And we ought to radio that in so the next group that comes can go West. Or, you know, go North and save us."

While she waits for an answer Jenn takes a look at the hole herself. It really is quite large... could it have been made by - say - a large silverback gorilla? And more importantly, which way was the beast going?