Zoo scouting party [Melissa, Jenn, Mina]

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Zoo scouting party [Melissa, Jenn, Mina]

From the position of the debris of rocks and stone, it would appear that whatever caused this was going out of the zoo.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Melissa looks over at Jenn, confident in her assertion.

"Hah, thought so. That woman in white scared an elephant and it went barging out of the zoo right here. Just gimme a minute and I'll pull out the radio."

She suits actions to words, tugging the radio free from her backpack.

"Melissa here, you there? Over." She pauses for a moment for the pilot to acknowledge.

"While checking out the Diner, we found signs of a monster lurking in ambush. Since we think it was a mass of tentacles in the sewers, and Jenn could pick the gate lock, we left it alone - it can't grab at people outside the Diner, after all.

"So, we've set the gate up so it can't be locked. Inside we've discovered an elephant-sized hole, leading out... I think the woman in white scared an elephant into breaking out of the zoo. There's two paths leading to three doors - we're going to take the North path first, leading to a wooden enclosure. Some pamphlets from a stand are scattered here, listing major zoo exhibits. D'you want them read back? Over."

There's a longer pause while Melissa waits for any comments from the pilot and anyone else on the other end of the radio link...

Last edited:

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I doubt the pamphlets will be particularly useful. I mean, they could give us some idea of what's in the zoo, but so could common sense. Lions and Tigers and Bears Oh My!

Not to mention that judging from my experiences so far none of them will do more then resemble their former selves... "

While she waits for the radio response, Jenn takes a closer look at the barrier and the cart itself, with an eye toward seeing if she could come up with anything to restore the "moving barrier" functionality. Also she looks through the viewing glass.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

( Barrier..? Viewing glass..? There's just a wooden fence with a simple door, and a simple wooden stand meant for advertising pamphlets... )

The pilot on the other side was silent for a little while, before answering Melissa, "What the fuck's a woman in white? Is there someone else there in the Zoo with you?"

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Barrier, blockade, big wooden fence with a door in it... same difference.

"It looks as if it could be moved, but a method to move it here and now seems non-existent." I guess you meant something like a forklift, then. Right then)

Jenn attempts to get a look on the other side of the big wooden fence with a door in it, trying to see through a crack first, then trying to climb up it just enough to see over if that fails.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

"When she briefed us, the Director said she thought the 'infamous' woman in white was responsible for the strange activity here. Ask her. We haven't seen anybody else, but then we've only been here for a few minutes. Anything else? Over."

(And yes, she does remember that conversation - Photographic Memory FTW.)

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The pilot responded to Melissa, "Yeah, that's great, and what the hell are ya talkin' about, 'anything else?' Yer the one tellin' me shit I ain't got a fuckin' clue about." he told her in a blithe sounding voice.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

"Well, gee, and here I thought you'd be passing this stuff on to somebody else - ya know, like the Director? Or maybe anybody who she gets to help recon the Zoo with us? So since there's no questions, we're moving on. Out!"

Melissa starts stowing the radio once more. "Dumbass." A few tugs on straps to close up the backpack, and she stands, looking over to where Jenn is already inspecting the wooden fence.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jenn's could barely reach the top of the large fence at the height of a jump. Either two of the women would have to boost one another, or they'd have to try the door itself in order to explore what might be on the other side.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Could you give me a boost, Melissa?"

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

"Hold on a minute, I wonder if I can sense anything... I mean, if you get pulled over the wall, we wouldn't be able to follow except through the door..."

She concentrates, bringing that inner sight to the fore...

(Reactivate Divine Sight, if it's worn off. Peer through the wall, looking for auras. If all she senses is on the level of grass, then Mina and Melissa give Jenn a spot to stand on as she peeks over the wall.)

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

( Perception check )

Melissa peers across the gate with her inner eye, not spotting anything on their particular level of standing, but does happen to see activity coming from below their altitude. She couldn't quite make out a shape, but she does see feint activity from some level below the ground they're standing on.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

:)D What I meant by "level of grass" was "has the aura-strength of grass"... but that works.)

"Eh? What's that?" At muttered comments from the other two girls, she responds, "I dunno... something below the ground on the other side...?"

(Take a longer look. Look down to see if it extends on to this side of the fence.)

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Melissa looks a little longer, it doesn't look like something that's extending, rather, a lone, ball of light, sitting on it's own. If their path kept leading straight north, they'd find that the ball was a little on the right side.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Well... I guess we just be careful. We're in the zoo now, we have to check it out."

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Melissa continues staring, apparently at the grain of the wood, for a moment longer, then turns back to Jenn and Mina.

"It's like a ball... sorta... an egg, maybe, or something curled up? It's kinda hard to get an idea of just how big it is, or how far off it is. But it's definitely a little off to the right, and under the ground. So - you wanna peek over the fence first, or work on the door?"

Having gleaned as much information as she can, Melissa waits for Jenn. Whatever Jenn decides now, Melissa will help. After all, it's not like she'll be the first one attacked if Jenn's in the lead...

:)D)

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Mina lets out a sigh as the two bore her with their tactics. She walks over to the door leading to the other side, and tries the knob, "It's open!" she announces, before heading through, disappearing behind the wooden fence, leaving the door open.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

(You meanie, RJ. :mad:)

"MINA?!"

Melissa hastily shoves through the door, rifle cocked and ready, as the aura of her all-too-impatient lover moves along the path...

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

( Blah, blah, blah, she has Clown and Showoff drawbacks, what'd ya want me to do? :rolleyes: )

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Heh, I was pretty much going to do the same thing, really...)

Jenn quickly follows, in a defensive stance, trying to get a good look at the area beyond the fence.

(Oh, and if I'm the last one through, closing the door behind me if I don't see anything threatening)