What's new

VN/TEXT [Zyx] Ikazuchi no Senshi Raidy III ~Gyakushuu no Jashinkan~ / 雷の戦士ライディIII ~逆襲の邪神官~

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Lightning Warrior Raidy III

Raidy is kind of inspired by the same games as Etrian Odyssey - only the first one, as mentioned, didn't even have a built in map, so you had to make it yourself like those old games.

The grinding nature of the games tends to just fit the stereotype of the games they try to emulate, I imagine.

Still a shame JAST hasn't finished the patch still...

Gryphose

Lurker
Reputation score

Raidy is kind of inspired by the same games as Etrian Odyssey - only the first one, as mentioned, didn't even have a built in map, so you had to make it yourself like those old games.

The grinding nature of the games tends to just fit the stereotype of the games they try to emulate, I imagine.

Still a shame JAST hasn't finished the patch still...
Actually, the first game has a map, it just doesn't fill in as you walk around. Each floor has a map you can find though. Until you do, though, there's not even an indicator of where you are on the map (Leaving you to guess based on the co-ords it gives you.)

2nd game improved on this by filling in the map as you moved about. Typically finding the floor's map just helped to seek out any secret areas you may have missed.

an anonymous

Banned
Reputation score

sry for necroing this but i've kinda deleted my version by accident:eek:

and all links are dead, so could someone upload his and send me a link?
(pre installed/translated would be nice):)

spaminator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

There is no English version yet.

gandalfrockman

Demon Girl
Reputation score

JAST apparently has a translated script and paid for the licensing, but they've been super quiet about it.

an anonymous

Banned
Reputation score

fine no translation but what about a reup?

all links and torrents around are dead and i deleted it out of accident to,
(need it for my collection)

i'm sure someone has it and can up it on mega:)

JonathanCS

Sex Demon
Reputation score

dude, there's loli and no one will bother uploading the game in japanese. try to search for a torrent on nyaa

echidna

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Fresh from the JAST blog, an actual update!

Translation is done and they're doing bugfixes on test builds. So on that pace, I'd expect bugfixing to be done in 3-4 months and processing at least another 2.

gandalfrockman

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Translation is done and they're doing bugfixes on test builds. So on that pace, I'd expect bugfixing to be done in 3-4 months and processing at least another 2.
C'mon this is JAST we're talking about, we'll be lucky to see it by 2017!

JonathanCS

Sex Demon
Reputation score

translation was finished since july last year

defcab

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Not quite. As of the start of this year the translation still hadn't been fully inserted into the game.
(They were "waiting for alpha versions from Japanese developers" ... lol ZyX)

They now have a complete translated build of the game.
If they didn't care about QA they could release it right now, but that would be a stupid decision.

Dyhart

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

(HAD To DELETE URL)

I'm straying from the topic a bit but some of those other games/VNs look amazing at least where cover art is concerned. Off to the official site I go.

echidna

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Anyone else notice that the art quality of ZyX games has lowered dramatically recently? It's weird to me seeing art that could have been from the early 2000's being advertised as Win 8 compatible.

horisbeccham

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Anyone else notice that the art quality of ZyX games has lowered dramatically recently? It's weird to me seeing art that could have been from the early 2000's being advertised as Win 8 compatible.
if you're referring to interactive mahjong, isn't that a re-release of an old game? their to-be newest release, Raidy 3.5 has pretty good art assuming zyx ever gets around to finishing it by 2020

moonblack

Reputation score

We finally have some news about Raidy 3.5: Release date is 27th March and the price has been decreased from 8800 to 6800

Gryphose

Lurker
Reputation score

Necro with news: Eng release set for 'Spring 2015'. Jlist is already doing preorders.

echidna

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Dear god, it may actually be coming out. JAST is finally releasing games at a regular rate again, so Spring seems possible. Looks like this pre-order is for a limited-edition boxed version of the game and the digital version will come out at latest on the release date. The physical stuff looks okay as well. Manual/artbook with a fancy dvd case and kinda cheap-looking collectible cards. I'd say it's lore or something, but it seems each of them have the exact same Latin description and are just oddly cropped images of the monsters.

Meh, I'd consider getting the digital release if it's $30 or less.

imercenary

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Necro with news: Eng release set for 'Spring 2015'. Jlist is already doing preorders.

'Spring 2015' you say? Spring... yeah I could see that as possible. That '2015' part is pure nonsense though. I'm sure they mean 2017 at least.

spaminator

Reputation score

I'm starting to lose hope the translation will come out in the next, say, 5 years. Does the japanese version of Raidy 3 work with text hooker?