What's new

VN/TEXT Nanie's Type-Moon Thread

Nanie

Lurker
Reputation score
162 Megs-ish.
Type: Visual Novel [Choose your own adventure like]
Language: English

Tsukihime's pretty fucking legendary. It is pretty much a requirement that you should play through this visual novel at some point in your life. Rather than be a douche and spoil stuff, I'll just lay the intro on you guys. You may discuss Tsukihime and ask questions in this thread, but NO SPOILERS AT ALL else you get murdered ruthlessly.

Sweet artwork and incredible story!

Hot, well described sex scenes - not that they will be the main attraction, what with how you'll get reeled into the story.

Epic Battles!

Nine endings.
So well written you can feel what the main character feels.​
Possibly the best story period.​

Remember to support Type-Moon and purchase a valid copy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Stranger

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Tsukihime

links to images you posted in spoilers are down... 32 minutes after you posted them....?

at least fo me that is...

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

They were down 3 minutes after posting. I think they were never up properly.

OP
Nanie

Nanie

Lurker
Reputation score

Ah hell. One sec.
I guess Luscious wasn't having any of my bullshit, so I have to upload some of my own elsewhere. No problem, I was just in a rush.

Edit: Resolved. Should be fine now. Hosting the non H pics on Nanie Booru and threw the H pics on image shack. Should last.

Last edited:

nanaya1234

Lurker
Reputation score

Guess you'll show us what it means to really kill something?

OP
Nanie

Nanie

Lurker
Reputation score

Gah! An uploaded picture got aced by Imageshack!
Alright. I never really had these issues so - anyone know a service that won't delete them?
<<;

Edit: Waaait, what do you mean? xD

Kirshz

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ah, Tsukihime...it's been a while since I've played this.@@

As OP said, the story is damn nice, the game is rather long, but I liked it regardless.

Gah! An uploaded picture got aced by Imageshack!
Alright. I never really had these issues so - anyone know a service that won't delete them?
<<;
Hmm, I'm not aware of any good ones, just upload the pics to an album here on the site, and make sure the album set to public.

Now if only I could drag my lazy ass to actually finish up Fate/stay night.

OP
Nanie

Nanie

Lurker
Reputation score

The first time I played Tsukihime, I didn't make it past the Hospital scene like three times. Just didn't feel like it. After I really got into it though I was hooked. Fate/Stay is pretty good too. I feel Tsukihime is a notch above, but Fate is definitely good. Just long. Somehow, even though Tsukihime has nine paths, the three routes of Fate seem to be endlessly longer.

On a side note, if you haven't seen the Unlimited Blade Works Movie make sure you see it after you finish at least the Fate route of FSN or see the anime. I suggest playing UBW before. They had little time to work with so the first thirty minutes are supa rushed. :( It still wound up fairly awesome though.

Last edited:

nnescio

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

The first time I played Tsukihime, I didn't make it past the Hospital scene like three times. Just didn't feel like it. After I really got into it though I was hooked. Fate/Stay is pretty good too. I feel Tsukihime is a notch above, but Fate is definitely good. Just long. Somehow, even though Tsukihime has nine paths, the three routes of Fate seem to be endlessly longer.

On a side note, if you haven't seen the Unlimited Blade Works Movie make sure you see it after you finish at least the Fate route of FSN or see the anime. I suggest playing UBW before. They had little time to work with so the first thirty minutes are supa rushed. :( It still wound up fairly awesome though.
For some reason I find Nasu's writings to get progressively worse over time. Kara no Kyoukai > Tsukihime > Fate/Stay Night > Fate spinoffs. I'm not sure exactly why.

His...ecchi scenes do get better though, but the ones in Tsukihime were, admittedly,

Shitflops

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

MU alternate link.

EDIT: Also, get all the endings, the bonus is worth it.

..Should I post kogetsu tohya while Im at it?

OP
Nanie

Nanie

Lurker
Reputation score

MU alternate link.

EDIT: Also, get all the endings, the bonus is worth it.

..Should I post kogetsu tohya while Im at it?
My laptop still lacks a power cord so I can't properly upload that one. If you could that would be epic. Play through at least one full route of Tsukihime before attempting Kagetsu Tohya, as a suggestion guys.

kagerou

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

For some reason I find Nasu's writings to get progressively worse over time. Kara no Kyoukai > Tsukihime > Fate/Stay Night > Fate spinoffs. I'm not sure exactly why.

His...ecchi scenes do get better though, but the ones in Tsukihime were, admittedly,
While on the whole thats true, I found that fate Zero really good.

But yeah, nothing beats the awesomeness that Is Rakkyo.

I'm hopping for Nasu to be released work (Mahoutsukai no yoru) to be really good, after all the script is also older than tsukihime as well.

nnescio

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

While on the whole thats true, I found that fate Zero really good.

But yeah, nothing beats the awesomeness that Is Rakkyo.

I'm hopping for Nasu to be released work (Mahoutsukai no yoru) to be really good, after all the script is also older than tsukihime as well.
IIRC Nasu didn't write Fate/Zero. Some guy from NitroPlus wrote it instead. (Urobuchi Gen)

For some reason said guy is also the scriptwriter for Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.

Shitflops

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Sorry about the late response.

OP
Nanie

Nanie

Lurker
Reputation score

It was a long, long time since I enjoyed the Visual Novel. I read through it again a bit and was following Mangafox's Tsukihime and came across this.

I feel infinitely stupid xD

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Geez, I don't know if I missed it somewhere, but is there a SAVE option to this story?

EDIT: Wow, I'm loving this story. It's very in depth, and characters aren't bland and stereotypical. It draws you in slowly with the main characters past, wondering what he did or went through. I'm only on chapter... 2? But I don't want to spoil this for anybody. I've missed good books and stories. It's like I'm finally able to read another good book.

Last edited:

kagerou

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Geez, I don't know if I missed it somewhere, but is there a SAVE option to this story?

EDIT: Wow, I'm loving this story. It's very in depth, and characters aren't bland and stereotypical. It draws you in slowly with the main characters past, wondering what he did or went through. I'm only on chapter... 2? But I don't want to spoil this for anybody. I've missed good books and stories. It's like I'm finally able to read another good book.
Save is simple, just hit 'esc' and choose save game and save on any slot you like.

The story is great, but be ready for a long although satisfying ride, Tsukihime is really about 30 to 60 hours, depending of your reading speed.

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Huh.. didn't know you could die in this. I love the mixture of a horror theme though! It makes it REALLY interesting. Involving me in the story and such. And it is satisfying!

So far I've died twice. Both in... unatural and illogical ways.