What's new

Artificial Girl 4 Announced

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score
Re: Artificial Girl 4 Announced

Fluffiness is fine with me. Does this mean you'll start reading before posting?

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Maikochan is flirted with by all the boys.

If only they knew.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

If only...

But that's what they get for not checking out the rest of of our lovely forum.

OP
GargantuaBlarg

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Gentlemen.

Rin Umiko

Reputation score

Gentlemen.

Good job noticing it, sir.
So now it's Artificial Academy?
Well, I could care less about the title.
Downloading now.... and preparing some lesbian scenarios.

herfmat

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Is it easy enough to get around the fact that it's all in Japanese?

ronin

Lurker
Reputation score

lol at number of people that uploaded the game :D

OP
GargantuaBlarg

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I know, right? It's not like that splits up the seeders or anything.

herf, it's relatively easy to install - though I'm not sure if it needs Applocale, though. Just keep hitting the next button when you're installing, then get the English launcher mod. It'll be the middle button - back, next, and cancel, IIRC.

ronin

Lurker
Reputation score

Gameplay is abit odd in the beginning though.

Btw if you want to see girl on girl action, make sure they don't have the hetero trait or it's a no go (thought you could seduce anyone with enough effort, but doesn't seem that way).

It's fun to play though, the only minor things that annoy me is that you cant just walk around using wasd, pretty much no clothing customization (this will probably be adjusted by the modders though), and during an h scene, 2 girls moan abit too much tbh, it's almost annoying to listen too instead of pleasing.

Other then that it's a great game, looks good, and way more option to interact with everyone else compared to the last one, and you can switch between characters every morning, of which there are quite alot.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

This torrent is slow as hell, even with all the seeders. ETA 4 days? >_>

Oh well. I'll point anyone having trouble installing or running the game towards this technical help FAQ the new AA wiki has put up.

It looks like it should be pretty handy for most problems. (Until we get to page three of this thread and lazy sods start asking again anyway.)

I've had my set of characters designed for this all ready for a while now. Looking forward to it. Wondering how much being able to understand the dialogue will matter or not, considering this one looks to cover the relationship stuff a bit more. Even in AG3 I found having the latter more complete translation packs improved gameplay a lot. I'll probably test it and then decide if I feel I'm missing too much or not.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It does feel like you're missing quite a bit. During conversation sequences, certain things they ask you require you to know a bit about what they're saying to you. I pull a 'yes-man' and give a thumbs up to everyone that asks me a question.

However, that too can backfire. The resident obscene girl actually confessed to me after I agreed to one thing she said about 'sex.' The relationship status says we're next to strangers, but also says she's pretty much ready to get down and dirty. Meanwhile, everyone that saw the confession freaked out. And every girl I made with the 'jealous' trait suddenly couldn't leave me alone. An H-scene even activated on it's own, with her taking me somewhere private, following another 'yes' from me. I'd like to say I was taken advantage of.

But there are some things to watch out for when talking to a girl yourself. It's really hard to tell sometimes, but you can read their emotions, and try to pick the best response. If they looked bothered, they're either embarrassed about you, or they might be troubled by something. Them being troubled can result in rare refusals to do ordinary things like go to lunch, or your mutual club. A simple reassurance (the thumbs up icon) seems to make them think highly of you, as well as feel better, allowing you to retry asking them to hang out with you. They usually agreed for me.

To sum it up, yeah, translations would REALLY have helped me 2 times out of 5. Otherwise I managed to wing it just by being friendly.

Slutty McSlut: Sex!

Me: Yeah, how about that last lecture? Sheesh, teacher's killin' me.

Slutty McSlut: Stupid man, I said sex! Sex!

Rin Umiko

Reputation score

I don't know what to make of this anymore. It's rich, but poor at the same time.
Good:
  • Ton of girls
  • Ton of personalities
  • Can play as a girl (and a tsundere too)
  • The need to vary the pick-up strategy (somewhat) from girl to girl
  • Ton of H positions
  • Decent voice acting
Bad:
  • This is not a school. There's no test, no holiday, no cultural festival, and no teachers
  • No story, so the character's lines will get old after a while. It's a good thing to have that many personalities to keep thing going.
  • Limited interaction from other characters, and they're pretty random (and can be dangerous too, like groping you in the middle of your harem; again, it may be intentional)
  • No foreplay
  • Limited interaction for player in H. You can only choose position and watch. Good to free up your hand for *other thing* though
  • No clothing customization. (What do you mean I can't go frenzy with cosplaying now!?)
  • The pick-up procedure may get repetitive after a while
  • No 3P, sorry (not really that unexpected with Illusion though)

It's fun building a harem though. When you get to three or four, it starts getting hard to talk with a girl without another girl jumping in. I can always enjoy sneaking up behind my girlfriends to pick-up another girl.

Kirshz

Tentacle God
Reputation score

[*]No foreplay
Well, only one-sided foreplay anyways. Just blowjobs being given by the girl, though there's no cunnilingus at all or any other form of foreplay present, unless you count the fondling option before actually doing them, but that doesn't really count.

Girl-on-girl also doesn't have as much positions compared to male-on-girl either.

But, damn, there is so much stuff this game could of been, but oh well. One can only dream.

Btw if you want to see girl on girl action, make sure they don't have the hetero trait or it's a no go (thought you could seduce anyone with enough effort, but doesn't seem that way).
Yeah, if you make a dude, a lesbian can still fall for you but she won't accept any confessions or physical interactions at all, from what I can remember.

On another note, several UI translation stuff has been released, including a crappy google translation of all the spoken dialogue so you can at least get some idea of what some of the people are saying, what their thoughts are about a char on the little relationship chart thing and translations of most of the buttons.

There's no uncensor atm but the game still has only barely came out, just keep an eye on the that Blarg mentioned above.

Last edited:

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

Been playing around with the translated character creator...that is nice. Waiting until there is a full translation download before getting this.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Mmm, having tried it for a short while now, I would say that there is much to be gained from translation, and a fair bit of enjoyment lost from going through blindly. Also largely agree with all Rin's points about the game. Compared to AG3, I definitely like the expanded focus on relationship stuff, which is very much improved over the ridiculous AG3 routine of hugging them non stop until they give in. But the new layout and removal of direct control has come at the price of feeling very detached. I would at least like the ability to make use of a simple point and click movement and selection system, even if the buttons were still necessary for interactions.

I decided to play through with my designated asshole character, since I wouldn't be too bothered by missing anything said to him or messing anything up. Quickly set up a rivalry with the designated nice guy with unprovoked insults and starting a fight. Managed to get into a casual H relationship with one girl (Selfish type). I was very amused (and a little surprised) to notice that after switching to another character, the couple didn't refrain from starting an NPC H session right in the middle of morning assembly the next day, with the whole class around most of which went running screaming from the room.

I'll probably refrain from playing much more until the translators have made some progress. They've done a great job with the basic interface parts so far with the HF patch.

Slightly disappointed that the "Soft" male character type can't be made to wear the girls uniform. The result is that with the overly female hair I gave him, he really stands out and looks creepy as hell.

I also noticed that the simplified background models of most of my slim/short girls have enormous boobs. Which I realise now is a side effect of having set the breast slider higher on these types to compensate for the weird flat yet pointy look slim/short types have when set bellow 50%. Kinda odd. Easily enough ignorable, but odd.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I've been at this game for a while myself. And most of the girls I designed were from various manga I've read, in which, almost all of them had one thing in common; the tendency to take control of situations. So, with my own character, a male I designed myself, matching the description of your typical hero, sporting his 'hero hair,' I felt a bit more taken in than I probably would have in the preset environment, as every girl was very active, and aggressive.

Using the google-translate patch someone did quickly, I was able to understand what was being said to me to a fair degree. The 'princess' of the class immediately took to treating me like her servant, often telling me to follow her everywhere, and getting super pissed if I ever said no, as I did want to explore the area, even though I had a feeling it was pretty bland. I at least wanted to know the lay of the land.

Spending half of the day with her, she seemed to warm up quickly, already acting as if we were friends. Or at least something 'like' friends, due to her outstanding personality. Then, I was harassed by the libido driven nutcase, who had the ability to run at mach speed (which I proudly made, as a woman willing to 'pounce' me for love makes me randy). Our conversations didn't involve anything other than sex when she was talking, though everything she said 'did' make sense to me, which she seemed happy to see.

At the end of the day, I walked home with my 'sister' character I designed to look a lot like my main character. His disposition towards all of the girls of the school never went beyond yellow, likely due to his purity, as his tastes went to the horizon and beyond. But upon observing everyone else's disposition towards him, the most common result, for those that had already talked to him, was 'definitely love!' So it was interesting to take a peek inside their heads, and see the various emotions.

But, most frightening of all, is looking at the obscene girl's thoughts, and seeing many familiar faces with the bubbles above them all reading, "Better off dead."

Definitely scared me a little, to see such murderous intent. I mean, my character hadn't even had sex yet, all he was doing was making friends. And yet jealous murder was already developing. It truly felt like I was replicating School Days, and all the evil it brought. And that wasn't far from the truth.

When I decided to make a new world, and try again, five girls had died. Really, I had to get the fuck out of that Hell I unwittingly created.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

The character you control can actually be killed. Someone make a school full of yanderes and see how many girls they can fuck before getting killed.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I figured that much as well, especially after I learned that H scenes can start without me specifically working for it. All that happened was she said, 'Stay still...' and I hesitated a moment before nodding my head. And then boom, there went my chastity.

TheHamburglar

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I want to play this, I really do, but I kind of want a more reliable translation first. I mean, illusion is one of my absolute favorites when it comes the 3D (I only have three favs, but w/e) and when I heard of this I kind of flipped my shit. But the non-english always makes me hesitate. Although it is Illusion so it'll get better translated with time anyway but the stories you guys have... god.

I would actually love to hear every one's crazy mishaps and other stories when dealing with this game. The kind of characters you guys makes and the stuff that goes down.

-sigh- Damnit... I'm gonna download it anyway...

I have to make some of my favorite manga chicks...

But yeah, guys should share stories in the thread moar. gogogogo

EDIT: Dear god, so many links... I have no idea what all to download u_u;