What's new

RPG Maker MV; How to translate/Decrypt?

LEDAHGRIM

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: RPG Maker MV; How to translate/Decrypt?

• Create a new empty project
  • Save it
  • Take the Game.rpgproject file of this empty project which opens MV Editor
  • and paste it into the www folder (contains data, audio, fonts, js, ...) of the unencrypted game
  • then double click it and it should open this game in the editor
Okay, gonna try this

EDIT:
Okay so it worked but I am unable to save anything translated because of an "unable to write file actors.json" error... Any ideas how to fix this?

Last edited:

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Okay, gonna try this

EDIT:
Okay so it worked but I am unable to save anything translated because of an "unable to save actors.json" error... Any ideas how to fix this?
the file is not simply tagged "read only" ^^ ?, if that that just change it

LEDAHGRIM

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

the file is not simply tagged "read only" ^^ ?, if that that just change it
There isn't even an actors.json file in the game, I'll do a windows search and see if the directory has one, Otherwise it might be encrypted

EDIT:
Problem solved... Damn, MV has a totally different folder structure, no wonder people bashed it soooo bad on release, You even had
to manually add resources to the game directory and know their naming schemes (for the generator that is)

Last edited:

YllariusCroceus

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

So, I have this weird bug with VNR with this.

For some reason, the text from Cliploger manages to insert text into VNR behind old text. As if it were said previously in dialog.

So the oldest dialog is displayed, and any new dialog is hidden deeper in VNR's 'log'.

I'm playing around with it now to figure out if it's some kind of weird setting in VNR or something.

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

So, I have this weird bug with VNR with this.

For some reason, the text from Cliploger manages to insert text into VNR behind old text. As if it were said previously in dialog.

So the oldest dialog is displayed, and any new dialog is hidden deeper in VNR's 'log'.

I'm playing around with it now to figure out if it's some kind of weird setting in VNR or something.
mmmm, things to verify ^^

- you have maybe... surely... :p... hooked the wrong things in cliploger in VNR, you need to hook " lstrlenW 571d UTF-16 " and NOT the other one, the other one is the "log" box, so he have all the previous text in it, if VNR get this one you will have problem :p

you can esealy change that in the "text seting" in vnr =)

- take care to not let VNR send anything to the clipboard himself too ^^

those option need to get diseabled ^^

YllariusCroceus

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I feel silly now, but it's fixed and I swear to god I don't know how.

I checked the copy text options and both were disabled, so next I checked the hooker. It was the same as you said, so I just hit cancel and hit save and loaded up the game.

And suddenly it's working in the right order and I have no idea why.

Thanks a bunch for your help Libellule! Sorry for wasting your time. xD

mrsaporito

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Whenever I use that unpacker thing, either of those 3 that were listed earlier, the game now is just a blank white screen. It won't run any more...
I can still use your hooker thing on it to install the plugins but the game is useless after unpacking.

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Whenever I use that unpacker thing, either of those 3 that were listed earlier, the game now is just a blank white screen. It won't run any more...
I can still use your hooker thing on it to install the plugins but the game is useless after unpacking.
if you have a blank screen after extracting, that because you used EnigmaVBUnpacker, this one extract thing in a "%DEFAULT FOLDER%" folder

MV game realy dont like to have a "%" in the folder name, so just delete the 2 "%" or rename the folder, and the game will work :)

eyes232

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Libellule thanks for the toll. It's the use I try to use when I play these MV games. A question: What is the tool you use to show the color text in the game? Until now I only used AGHT and Chiitrans. But the tool you use is better. How can I do that too?
Thanks for the help. Sorry if my english is not clear.

calranthe

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I have an issue with the Hook patcher, I have used it on many MV games and it works fine (thank you :) ) but one recent purchase.
(I can't post urls yet)
Game is by 6colors
RJ201211

Game starts up fine after patching, does not matter if you start a new game or load a save, once a text box comes up it is blank no text inside and stuck.
(not changing any of the options in the patcher)

snooze321

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks again for creating this Libellule.

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
I'm sorry, I cannot access the ULMF fetch data, can someone pm me Virtual Packages Extractor 1.1 link ? Thank you in advance !
Try deleting your ulmf.org cookies from your browser and log in again. That cured the cannot-download-anything-coz-when-I-click-on-link-nothing-happens phenomena. (which for me was the case with the links for the unpackers in Libellule's thread, too)

foamy111

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I'm having an issue with clip logger where it is getting the text, but not copying any of it ever, so it basically just ends up being useless. Anyone know why it's not copying any text?

Jhony20

Reputation score
English discussion only.
Como puedo extraer los textos en RPGMV?