What's new

[Complete - Full] Crystal Fantasy

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
For historic accuracy, it was mayak's partial that I just tried -and hopefully, managed- to get working with the v1.6 (and it is v1.6 that is the latest - just saying so nobody gets confused with versions...) of the game. :)

MidnightXV

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
edit: I may have found the root. the problem is with replacing the rpg_managers.js file. once that is replaced in the 1.06 version, no voices were played. leave that alone and the voices work.
So if we have the original version of that file sounds will work? If so can you upload it? Does that have any other effects on the game?

OP
kingearl

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
What version of the rpg_managers.js comes with 1.06 crystal fantasy? Can someone send it to me, I could re-patch that file correctly and post it with the patches.

I must be using 1.00 crystal fantasy, though I can't find a version number anywhere... rpg_managers.js v1.3.1 comes with it. And that is the modified file that is packed with the patches.

~ Nevermind. I'm getting it myself. Not sure how long it will take to sort out these little issues with Crystal Fantasy 1.06. Hosting a big christmas supper tomorrow and kids around today. Real life calls ya know.

Last edited:

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Yeah, it seems that 'rpg_managers.js' is the culprit with regards to the sound issues. It effes up the voices if you try to apply a 'rpg_managers.js" from a v1.0 of the game to a v1.6. Some changes to it must have been made during the updates...

The data manager js file is the same (v1.3.1) in both v1.0 and v1.6 of the game, it's just that they changed how voice volume is adjusted (through which function and data) - as far as I can see...
Anyhoo, here is an original (from v1.6 of the game) 'rpg_managers.js' and one with the escape altered a lá kingearl - both fully compatible with v1.6, of course. Attached.[SUP]EDIT[/SUP]

I haven't a clue if any other issues may arise applying a patch, made for a v1.0 of the game, to a v1.6. Quite possibly nothing else. But maybe, just maybe... Something else may eff up.

You should get v1.6 of the game ASAP, kingearl! :)

EDIT: aaaand since I for some reason can't upload attachments (forum still playing hard to get, I guess...), someone else will have to do the honors! Also, how to do strikethrough text? ... not working? lol [COLOR=inherit !important]

[/COLOR]

OP
kingearl

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
lol ya I have it now thanks. Just doing some comparing between the two versions. The main thing I'm thinking is that I hope there wasn't any extra features added to 1.06 from whatever version I translated from. My files would have over written them. It's not likely though. Most of the updates were probably stuff that I fixed myself along the way anyways like name/picture display issues... collision issues... walking through walls... they probably fixed that issue for h-scenes where sometimes it is a black screen or the eyes are fuzzy. If that is the case, those fixes would have been nullified. Minor stuff though.

MidnightXV

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
EDIT: aaaand since I for some reason can't upload attachments (forum still playing hard to get, I guess...), someone else will have to do the honors! Also, how to do strikethrough text? ... not working? lol [COLOR=inherit !important]

[/COLOR]
you could upload it to mega dropbox google drive etc and then share links.

OP
kingearl

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Obviously I will be re-patching when I find a few of these minor issues. Sounds like there are 3 so far but I'm going to keep looking. In the meantime if you do not have battle voices from any of the girls I found the fix for you 1.06 users.

MOG_BattleCry.js

Close to the bottom...

//=============================================================================
// ** Sound Manager
//=============================================================================

//==============================
// * select Voice
SoundManager.selectVoice = function(voices){
if (!voices) {return};
if (voices.length === 0) {return};
var voiceIndex = Math.randomInt(voices.length);
var fileName = voices[voiceIndex];
this.playVoice(fileName);
};

// * Play Voice
SoundManager.playVoice = function(fileName){
var se = {};
se.name = fileName;
se.pitch = 100;
se.volume = AudioManager.voiceVolume; <------------------------------- CHANGE THIS LINE TO------------------------------> se.volume = Moghunter.v_volume;
AudioManager.playSe(se);
};

MidnightXV

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
ok... I changed exactly what you said copy and paste and now its like broken lol
edit: yes dont do that unless i did it wrong that completely broke my game.. If you have successfully edited that file and everything works maybe u can upload that file but i must of did something wrong. I have to go back and start over get the game and repatch it

Last edited:
OP
kingearl

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Ya I'm running v1.06 and fixing the issues. I got the recovery sound fixed aswell from playing while the attack action commences... but I got all the battle voices working from changing that one line to this:

se.volume = Moghunter.v_volume;

Can someone else confirm it worked for them?
I'll re-post patches hopefully tomorrow... I'm pretty busy tomorrow though.

~ Done. The 3 issues that have been mentioned here are fixed and re-posted on the first page. Let me know if anymore come up... or if existing problems are still there i guess.
Also a little side note. The hard mode patch is missing a few skill translations and a couple other in game text translations that you probably wont run into while playing.
If you want those minor things translated use the expert mode patch.

Last edited:

MidnightXV

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
trying new patch now...
IT worked! thanks sounds are now working

Last edited:
OP
kingearl

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Your welcome. Thanks for confirming. Have fun.

marcus3708

Tentacle God
Reputation score
alright I unpacked the game but I dont understand how to repack the game after I dumped the patch in the folders that got unpacked. Can someone please instruct me in how to do so

MidnightXV

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
alright I unpacked the game but I dont understand how to repack the game after I dumped the patch in the folders that got unpacked. Can someone please instruct me in how to do so
you dont repack it. You just launch the game.exe file where it was unpacked to. Game.exe.. NOT the named one.

marcus3708

Tentacle God
Reputation score
no exe file was unpacked how do I get the game.exe to unpack I see it in the extractor but only the folders come out not the exe

Last edited:

Nurblets

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
when I try to use the extractor I get the error: Invalid mask "*.*" entered, see documentation.
Am I not supposed to select extract subfolders? The www folder that gets extracted only has audio in it...

kholdy

Lurker
Reputation score
when I try to use the extractor I get the error: Invalid mask "*.*" entered, see documentation.
Am I not supposed to select extract subfolders? The www folder that gets extracted only has audio in it...
Set both extractor and game to Win XP compatibility mode.

marcus3708

Tentacle God
Reputation score
is there a value somewhere we can switch to get mp recovery back? not sure I want to be normal attacking through the entire game. I'll attempt it without but I want it just incase this gets too ridiculous like no decently price mp recover items or I end up having to save scum because I run out of mp and get stuck.

MidnightXV

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
is there a value somewhere we can switch to get mp recovery back? not sure I want to be normal attacking through the entire game. I'll attempt it without but I want it just incase this gets too ridiculous like no decently price mp recover items or I end up having to save scum because I run out of mp and get stuck.
I too am not a fan of these harder modes. I dont play H games for the challenge really I play more to just clear the game and get the scenes. But what I ended up doing is using the online save editor tool and just boosting my chars so they are stronger. ITs really easy

Exsalent

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
How do you apply this patch/translation ? Version that i have only includes exe file fro game. So there nothing to replace with files in patch.
I tried putting patch files in same folder as exe of gmae but that dosen't work.