Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Through the Mists: In Character

Vita the Tiefling Warlock
Village of Barova Pastry Seller
Tags: Morgantha

Vita grinned at the pastry seller taking a step back. "Mhmmm yu-P." She popped the p. "Ah generally like them being only touched after ah get to know ah person. At least be more of ah friends with them. And I can't be ah sure. You might be one of those gals that likes pinching where pinching not appropiate." As Vita's cheeks now far less colored smiled at her happily, before stepping closer again.

Even leaning in towards Morgantha. Her breasts blatantly shaking in front of the woman. "Since yah willing to listen and not go to far, go ahead and get yah fill of my naturalness. Just ah a warning tho. If yah heft them again, then I get to weigh yours as well. See if yah as natural as me." As the tiefling smirked, with a challenging glint in her eye.

The dumb farm girl stepped back, not crowding the dream pastry seller as she turned to her cart. "Ah. Thanks yah." As Vita held the pastry, looking at it. "What ah ingredients do yah put in these? They smell like spiced minces and warmth ah berry pies to me. Oooh, even ah flaky and crumbly. Ah reckon they must have some sort of secret ingredient to be worth an ah, gold coin for a lonesome one." The tiefling warlock honestly tempted, just from the smell alone, of figuring out how to cook such a delicious pastry. And without any waiting for answers on how she made her dream pastry, she took a munch and a bite of it. Tasting the lovely spiced mince and some sort of fruity berries. She took an inordinate amount of time, marvelling in the pastry in her mouth. This...this tasted amazing! Somehow making her remember of festival of pies from a village over yonder! Dedicated to the Lord's Son for his recent rising in military rank and coinciding with a holiday.

The tiefling warlock physically licked her gloved lips, popping the last bit of pastry crumbs, the whole thing gone in an instant. She thought to take only a bite but it had disappeared so fast, she hadn't noticed.

(Perception Roll to keep track of the conversation and roll to discern what is in the food.)
Perception Roll: 17 (+-0)
Food Roll: 16 (What do I use?)

"Mmmmm delicious ah." As the tiefling warlock shivered, her stomach radiating happiness and energy! She felt like she could go thousand miles and leagues. The phantom aftertaste lingering as she listened sweetly to Morgantha's words, a very happy smile on her face. The dumb farm girl not realizing a few certain things. "Ah. Will yah collections be grabbing any other kids along the ah way? I confess, I am a nosy busybody and mah conscience won't let me leave yah alone if that's the case. I'd rather ah pay their ah debts off now as before yah go along your collections instead of learning about it later." Bluntly spoken, Vita reeked of sincerity.

(Persuasion Roll and Insight Roll to not get cheated)
Persuasion Roll: 16 (12 + 4)
Insight Roll: 7 (+-0)

"Ah um. Isn't ah using magic not make it ah natural? I'd rather ah, um get bigger through natural. Like having ah little kid of my own. My da and my ma both said hers got like big bigger! Like ah um..." She mimed her hands and cupped her own breasts before expanding them outwards, showing a stupidly massive increase of 3 inches, 3 full cupsizes. "And I'd need to worry about that when I start having my own. Of course ma said it ah goes away after a while."

After all that, Vita pursed her lips as she spoke "Entertaining ah your daughters? Ah need to ask him about it. As for the ah milking, if thats all yah want then ah can easily do that! Just need to ask Ireena if she is ah okay with doing farmwork. Ah um, Esvele? Are yah okay with doing some ah farmwork to get another ah traveller that knows her ah way about?" As Vita looked at Esvele.

Last edited:

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Don't try that with me, Miss Morgantha. Robbing someone blind is never fair, with warning or without." Esvele swallowed hard as soon as she realized what had just left her mouth. Memories of the past flashed in her mind, her eyes darting back over her shoulder to the Burgomaster standing behind her.

The nun accepted the pastry, planning on keeping it to inspect later... and watched, with stunned disbelief, as Vita devoured the treat in the span of a few breaths, and then proceeded to start negotiating about hiring the detestable child-thief as a travelling companion. Esvele cleared her throat, loudly.

"WE," she said, "Have business. Evidently Miss Baker has some of her own. Let's leave her to it, shall we?" She turned her back to the woman, and focused on the child, holding out her hand for him, smiling. "What's your name, lad? I'm Sister Esvele. We're going to pray for the Burgomaster at the Chapel, and I'd like it very much if you came to pray with us, too."

This is mostly just a note to myself but once we actually disentangle from Pastrytits and we're a bit away so she doesn't see me I want to set Nevermore with watching her ass to make sure she doesn't steal anymore kids. And/or see if she does anything interesting a-nd maybe just how many people she hits up I guess.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

DM
Barovian streets/Church
Tag: Esvele and Vita

"Yes, many ingredients. The recipe is a trade secret however." Morgantha grinned toothily when Vita began to munch down, savor and swallow her dream pastry.

"You may feel a little drowsy, shortly. But it'll be the best sleep you've ever had, I wager, my deary. Now now, don't you worry, I've learned me lesson. No children of course."

Morgantha grinned and turned away towards her pastries, only to have Esvele right in her face, staring at her hard eyed, even when given the pastry. The busty pastry seller looked uncomfortable and a bit annoyed at what the nun had to say.

"Fair? Fair as can be expected in these lands. At least I'm giving people something. Don't knock it 'til you tried it, I say!" So saying, she then shuffled sideways and then, with her plump ass sashaying side to side, wiggled her hips to the front of her card and picked it up, wheeling it down the street, with her chin up in the air, haughtily.

"Yes, my time's very precious. Mayhap we'll meet, mayhap we'll not, before ye head out on the road. The horned beauty will let me know later I'm sure what she thinks of my pastries. They always ask for more!" She called over her shoulder before going on down the street.

The boy clung to the nun, wrapping his hands around her leg. The parents called for the boy in their own dialect, but he clung to Esvele.

"My name's Lucian," the boy said, then turned and yelled at his parents in Common. "No! Go away! I hate you!"

Ireena came forward. "Don't worry, Mr and Mrs Jarov, Lucian will be fine now. We're just going to pray for my late father at the church. We'll have him back to you before supper."

Lucian shook his head, but seemed to recognize and like Ireena. He stayed by Esvele though as they walked away from the meeting ground. The Jarovs seemed content that Lucian was in good hands and seemed to understand that he was upset, so they watched him go down the road and then returned to their house.

Nevermore pecked a bit at the ground and hopped up to Esvele to receive its instructions. It nodded and took flight up into the air, on its mission to keep a look out for what Morgantha got up to while they were occupied at the church.

Along the walk, Ireena spoke to both Esvele and Vita.

"I'm not sure that traveling with that woman is a good idea. There's something not quite pleasant about her. And she was trying to take Lucian away from his parents. That isn't good. As for doing farmwork... Vita, I'm not above it, but I'm not very experienced with it either."

Upon a slight rise, agaisnt the roots of the pillar stone that supports Castle Ravenloft high above them, stands a gray, sagging edifice of stone and wood. The church has obviousy weathered the assaults of evil for centuries on end and is worn and weary. A bell tower rises toward the back and flickering light shines through the holes in the shingled roof. The rafters strain feasibly against their heavy load. The heavy wooden doors of the church are covered with claw marks and scorched by fire.

Passing through the unlocked, creaking doors, Ismark, Ireena, Vita, Esvele and Lucian walk into a ten foot wide, twenty foot long hall leading to a birghty lit chapel. The hall itself is unlit however and reeks of mildew. Four doors, two on each side of the hall, lead to adjacent chambers.

Ahead, the party can see that the chapel is strewn with debris. A soft male voice within is reciting a prayer to the Morninglord. Suddenly the prayer is blotted out by an inhuman scream that rises up from beneath the wooden floor.

"FATHER!!!!! FATHER, PLEASE!!! I'm STARVING!!!! Bring back the lady! The one who gave me blood and spoke strangely. She was willing to feed me! WHAT SORT OF FATHER STARVES HIS ONLY SON?!!?!"

The priest shudders, and grips a holy symbol of the Morninglord with shaking hands. He notices you with haunted, exhausted eyes.

"Oh my... more visitors... Ismark? Is that you, boy? What brings you to this forsaken place? And... your sister. And.... I don't think I know the two of you.. Anyhow... now isn't a very good time. There's little I can do for you... damned as I am to my own hell..."

Vita, you are feeling more and more horny... but also sleepy. You feel as though you'll start to fall asleep unless you attempt to make an effort to satisfy your growing lust. If you fight either effect, you'll eventually start to make CON saving throws.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Village of Barovia; Streets/Church
Tags: All

Vita paused at Esvele's words. The nun choosing now to stop things. The tiefling drooped at the abrupt parting that Esvele seemed very inclined to do. "Ah. Their ah called dream ah pastries for ah reason then." As The tiefling mused.

"Have ah good day Miss Morgantha." The tiefling called out to her before drooping. "Well there ah went ah way to get someone that has ah been on the roads." The dumb farm girl feeling like a chance had been missed.

"Farmwork ah just needs effort and guts to ah do it! Just needtcha to be good ah listener and yah can do it easily." The dumb farm girl looked down as she spoke "Ah got the feeling that she ah isn't good ah. But this ah place is a dark place and she knows how to ah get around the devil Strahd. It ah be good to have ah...um..." Vita frowned niggling at the word she wanted. "Co-con- bah! Relationships! Ah relationships. Yah know, maybe not ah friends but ah at least can ask ah." As the tiefling rolled her shoulders a tad.

"Oh ah Esvele, pastry tastes ah great. But ah feeling warmey and..." She yawned. "Sleepiy. But that ah taste is ah delicious." As the tiefling's cheeks held a rosy flush in them and her yellow orbs glowed with a burning fire.

Vita wandered closer to Ireena and just walked closer to her as the cart traveled to the church.

The shocking noise inside of the church and the priest. "Ah - wh-what is ah that?" Vita glanced around the church. That tortured sounding scream. Inhuman and bloody. Thirsty for for food. The noise made her heart beat wildly and... she squirmed. The warmth getting worse. That pastry is dangerous but very yummy. Feeling this way inside of a church. Her tail drooped and wrapped around her leg, the feelings of both warring inside of her even as struggled to resist yawning again.

(Not saying anything more as the annoucements as to why their here belongs to Ismark and Ireena. Vita currently resisting both effects.)

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

DM
Church in the village of Barovia
Tag: Vita and Esvele

Ireena nodded at Vita's reasoning.

"You're right. We're in a rush to wander a dangerous road with a devil on our backs. We can't always afford to be picky about who we ask for help. Still - she wanted to toss young Lucian here in a sack. What might such a person do to us if we were to let our guard down? But come... the situation is mended now, thanks to your kind payment. I don't know that the Jarovs can reimburse you, but that was a gracious thing you did, Vita. You may have the visage of fiendish ancestry, but you have the heart of an angel, I think."

After that, the noble woman stayed close to Vita and held her hand as the warlock got sleepy - and also horny. The build-up was fast, but not so strong that the farm girl couldn't resist it for the time being.

They entered the church together, with the late burgomaster in tow on the wagon behind them.

"Yes, Father Donavich, it is us, but what is going on here? We've come to bury our father, Kolyan Indirovich. We are in haste and my sister, as well as the visitors Vita and Sister Esvele wish to be on our way after the dawn ritual could lay my father's soul to rest, so that Strahd's magics cannot raise him for evil means."

These last words seem to cut deep into the frayed emotions of the old priest standing in front of you.

"Evil means... ah my... my dear Ismark. I d-do not have the heart to perform such a rite, not while my own son, Doru, haunts my every waking moment. My poor boy."

There came once more an inhuman scream from the wooden floorboards beneath them, and some pitiful wretching and sobbing.

"I-I do not have the ability to lay my son's soul to rest. The devil has sent my only son back to me as a spawn of evil. If only there were a way to bring him back to me... No... I am no use to you and your father. I am so sorry... I must bear the pains of my poor Doru and wait for a sign from the Morninglord as to how my son can be set free from this curse."

Ismark shook his head and looked to Vita and Esvele. He was seemingly at a loss for what to do.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Village of Barovia; Streets/Church

Wincing at the explained logic and reasoning, Vita murmered "Ah dund't think about thaht." As Vita tail flicked and rolled behind her. The warlock blushing at Ireena's compliment. She smiled at Ireena happily. "Thanks for ah humoring ah me." As Vita tail lightly touched against Ireena's leg, a thankful happy touch.

"Good ah morn Father Donavich." She greeted softly as Ismark introduced her, a small nod of her head as she looked at the old priest. The man is frayed and ragged. He looked like the village outside. The tortured spirit of his prescence seemed to match the despair looming over the village.

Listening to the sad tale and the haunting words. Vita pursed her lips, the singing in her blood and the sleepiness in her head making her feel like her thoughts are going through Fabric. She didn't know what to do about this. She felt the light singing inside of her. She felt the darkness inside of her and... with some trepidation tried to talk to the fiend within her.

The creature that crowed and went silent around Morgantha. "Do you know of anything that can be done?" She asked the fiendish prescence inside of her. Her thoughts and mind... She held little hope that he'd be able to offer a solution without some sort of condemning price.

Vita looked as lossed as Ismark. She really didn't have an idea on healing this Doru. This is bad... But maybe it wasn't. Esvele prayed much to the morninglord. She may have an idea of something holy to lift the curse. But... "Father ah Donvavich, do you ah mind if ah we speak to your Doru? Ah um, see him?"

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

DM
Barovian Church
Tag: Vita

When Vita's tail lightly touched Ireena's leg and wrapped around it slightly, the young noble woman blushed deeply and put an arm around the tiefling's waist, walking together with her, hip to hip. She nuzzled her nose against Vita's shoulder in an affectionate way that drew an awkward, uncertain glance from Ismark, though he said nothing about it.

Later, after the screams and the explanation from Father Donavich, the fiendish voice within Vita responded to her when it was asked a direct mental question.

"Yes, I do know of something that could be done. Obviously, you should kill the boy. He's a tool of this Strahd fellow and he's getting in the way of what you need to do. It doesn't sound like his father's happy about him being a monster. And I doubt very much that the boy, Doru, enjoys being a monster. Just kill him..."

The fiend pauses, as if satisfied with his answer, but then senses that there's hesitation in Vita's mind and there's the feeling of the fiend heaving a sigh.

"Oh. You mean you care about what the priest thinks? Well. I must grudgingly admit I'm not an expert about healing such a curse. There's magic spells that could remove some curses... but I've a feeling something like this has extremely powerful magic associated with. If you knew a necromancer or better yet, a powerful priest that can raise the dead, you could kill the boy, then resurrect him. Of course... you'd need a diamond for such a ritual. Very precious, diamonds are, for their resurrection properties. And to think, some mortals waste such things by giving them to loved ones as a sign of devotion. Bah... Of course if you wanted to forgo the whole killing him thing, I suppose you could find a really, really powerful mage who would cast a wish spell on your behalf and twist reality to make him human again. Seems a bit of a stretch to me, but hey, altruism really isn't my thing. I'm more about straight up winning. At everything. Part of why being cooped up in here is rather annoying. No offense. I mean... I usually love being inside women. Just not like this. Believe me you'd enjoy it too if I... ah... I think I may be upsetting you. I'll just... ah... be quiet now. But ah, if that Morgantha woman gives you trouble later on, you let me know, okay?"

With that, the talkative fiend inside of her shuts up.

Father Donavich nodded with a look of complete despair and forlorn resignation.

"The other woman, with the weird hat and the cutlass, she asked to talk to Doru too. She couldn't do anything for him. Same as you'll see, I suspect. There's a trap door in that room over there. It's padlocked and I've lost the key, but that's for the best. If you opened the door to talk to him, he might escape... and he's been hungry for a while now. But I can't let my son do anymore evil... he's got to remain locked away. Away until a cure can be found! Yes... a cure... a cure..."

Vita and Esvele get the feeling that Father Donavich may be a bit... insane.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Village of Barovia; Church

The fiend gave the answer she expected. Kill the son of Father Donavich and put him out of his misery. The fiend reading her clearly, the darkness is keen indeed. The other solutions one's that helped actually were... Difficult to say the least but they were solutions. Solutions to healing Father Donavich's son.

"Ah cure... Father Donavich, ah have no manner of curing yah son. But ah do have knowledge of how he ah may be cured. Father, ah priest is needed. Ah priest that is ah powerful. Really powerful. Power enough to ah raise the ah... dead."
As Vita stumbled over saying that aloud. "Thah means there is ah hope for your son to ah be returned to yah Father Donavich." As the warlock tiefling struggled to express herself better, feeling like she is being wooden in her words.

"Do yall know of any powerful priests ahbout? I uh, um remember mentions of an ah... abbey?"

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The screams from the Morninglord's holy chapel gave Esvele pause, and she looked at the little boy she'd only just coaxed to stop clinging to her leg. Her plan to give the Morninglord's adherent here in Barovia a surrogate son to replace his lost one did not seem to be one that would come to fruition. "Lucian, yes? Lucian, think you should wait outside."

Esvele pulled open the door behind her, barely looking at the boy as her eyes darted around the room, thinking hard. Even the reproach she had been constructing for Vita fled her mind - none of the ways the nun could think of to approach this situation seemed neither feasible nor satisfactory.

"...Yes," Esvele said, when Vita mentioned an abbey, looking first at Vita, then Father Donavich. "My superior has held his position in our Abbey for many decades, so he perhaps might wield the power Vita speaks of. Many decades. Many, many decades... I fear he would not be able to make the journey, and undoubtedly, with your son locked away and in the state he is in, transporting him their is likewise unfeasible." Esvele looked away, distracted, as she spoke.

Esvele then focused once again on Father Donavich. "...Brother, your predicament is truly dire, and I envy your strength, to have bore with it so long, however much the strain has wore on you. I want to believe in redemption for all, even those cursed to be neither living nor dead."

"I don't believe your child's condition makes him evil... but he must now kill men to live himself, which is an evil act. Starving and desperate as he is, I do not think he truly could choose not to kill another. And I think I can hear the same pangs in your voice, Father. I can tell that you hunger for salvation for your boy - and that that hunger may soon force you to do something evil, just as much as the curse on your boy would force him, too."

Esvele strode forward, grabbing the man's wrists in both of hers, and forced him to look her in the eye as she spoke. "One of the tenets common among our scattered faith that does not change is that 'the undead are the enemies of the dawn.' Though the undead kill men, the undead prey on our spirits as well. Your son has been denied his natural death, and now suffers as the undead. You suffer, because your son suffers, and you cherish the idea that he can be saved... but he has already died, Father. He has died, and now he suffers, and you yearn for something far out of reach."

"IT IS TRUE," she says, shouting to recapture his attention and beat down any argument he might have - at least until she could finish. "That the Morninglord urges us to hope. Salvation may be possible for him - but how long will he, and you, have to wait for it? Your child will suffer as an undead until then, or else he will manage to free himself, and then to save himself from his suffering, he will do evil to the unfortunate and the undeserving, just as evil was done to his unfortunate and undeserving self."

"Father, putting your boy to rest, both in body and in your heart, is the best choice here, but our Lord also teaches us to endure. When I return to the Abbey, I will ask my superior if anything can be done for your boy. I do not know what he say. I do not know if I will make it home, for the roads are dangerous. But I must know: will you continue to endure, or can you put your son to rest and move on?"

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

DM
Barovia Village Church
Tag: All

The weary priest listened to both women, hope and despair fighting within him as they each suggested different ways of handling the situation.

"N-no! You mustn't kill him!" He said, gripping Esvele by her shoulders. "Of course I know what the Morninglord proscribes of the hated undead. That is why I have locked him under the church! Don't you see? I'll never let him out, never feed the evil lust for blood within him! He'll never harm another living human being so long as he is trapped in the undercroft!"

Donavich's eyes were wild, desperate grey blue orbs now.

"I-if you could give me assurances of this superior of yours' ability to return my son to life with his powers, then I would consent to letting it happen. I did not know my holy brethren in Krezk possessed such a mighty conduit to our celestial lord. But it sounds as if the logistics of it are impossible. N-no, it's too risky! Perhaps if later you find some way... yes, later. I could find some sort of prison box to transport him in..."

Donavich's eyes flitted from side to side as he began to mutter and babble to himself, falling further from reality.

Ireena looked dismayed by this.

"Father? Father Donavich?"

The priest just murmered to himself and bent over his alter, clasping his hands in prayer, now seeking guidance and ignoring the noble's pleas.

"How will my father be put to rest now? Without a priest to oversee the rights and conduct the burial?"

Ismark, meanwhile, hung back with young Lucian at the edge of the church, just to look over him while all this was going on.

Another inhuman scream came from the floor below, shrieking and further fraying everyone's nerves.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Village of Barovia; Church

The father's desparate cries and looks. His eager eyes and words mixed with that developed madness. The devil Strahd knew how to break people, knew how to break men of faith. For Father Donavich must be a true man of faith, even in his broken mind that he'd still worship the morninglord instead of seeking the evil that corrupted his son. (Approximation of thoughts going through Vita's head - Not that exact wording.)

The tiefling warlock just looked at Esvele, waiting for her answer to Donavich's desparate questions.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Esvele let go of the priest as he pulled away and lost himself to his grief and prayers. "I can give no assurances other than that I will ask... my superior, and the Morninglord, Brother. Praise the Dawn."

"Perhaps it would be better to hold your father's last rites out under the Morninglord's gaze," Esvele said, as she swept back towards the chapel doors and the rest of the group. "I can conduct them for you, given Father Donavich's... circumstances."

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ismark and Ireena
Barovia Village Church
Tag: Vita and Esvele

Ireena and Ismark looked at one another, then at the forlorn priest, and nodded.

Ismark stepped forward.

"Given these circumstances, we will place our father's soul in your capable hands, Sister Esvele."

"The blessings of the dawn be with you, Sister Esvele," Ireena added, with hope and thankfulness in her voice.

"FATHEEEEEEEER! I AM STARVING!!!!!"

The brother and sister winced.

"Perhaps we can move him to the cemetary and choose a plot for him," Ismark said.

If this was the consensus of the group, they would leave Father Donavich to his depression within the church, and move out to the dreary morning within the cemetery. They found an open plot of land with a grave pre-dug. Death was a common sight in the village and the gravedigger was kept busy. Esvele was welcome to begin the proceedings.

[Charisma (Performance) OR Intelligence (Religion) to see how well she conducts the ceremony. Additionally, you may make a Wisdome (Insight) roll to intuitively guess at proper defenses against necromantic animation.]

The little boy, Lucian, wandered up to the group during the ceremony, remaining quiet until it was over and the late Burgomaster was lowered into the pit and his body was covered with dirt. He tugged at Ismark's pant leg and whispered into his ear. With a sad expression, Ismark stood up.

"I'm afraid you can't come with us, Lucian. It wouldn't be right to separate you from your parents."

Lucian protested at this, and cried openly. He seemed convinced that his parents would just ignore him more and sell him to the mean lady with the big boobs.

Ismark hung his head at this and Ireena sighed.

"He's right, Ismark. Without someone to keep an eye on him and the other children in Barovia, there could be many problems. The Jarovs were both born... you know... without souls. They won't be able to look after a child like Lucian."

"It's too dangerous on the road. Besides, where would we bring him? We don't know enough about Vallaki."

"Maybe you should stay here. You're the new burgomaster. And you would have Jasmina to stay with you as well. The two of you could look after the town. Vita and Sister Esvele can take me where I need to go, and if you're here, you could still distract Strahd and his minions. They may think that you'd never leave my side."

"I wouldn't!"

"And that's just why you must, brother." Ireena patted him on his cheek. "Don't worry for me. Vita and Esvele are capable women. If anyone in this land could take me to Vallaki and a safe place, it would be them. Right?"

The siblings looked to Vita and Esvele, to see if they raised any objections to this.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Village of Barovia; Church to Cemetary
Tags: Ismark, Ireena, and Lucian

Esvele's answer, to seek hope for the priest, Vita felt gladdened.

"Stay ah strong Father Donovich. I'm ah sure Esvele's superior will have ah way." The tiefling's platitude falling from her lips as she looked at the priest square in the eye. Sincere belief in her eyes that HE would have the strength to hold on, to continue holding out hope for his son. She nodded her head as Esvele approached and then swept past, her eyes still staying on Father Donovich even with that loud cry of hunger from his cursed child.

She felt for the light inside of her... This light had saved her and even imprisoned the fiend inside of her. Allowing her to have control or at least press the fiend for doing things. "Ah um I would like to ah um try something while ah yall pick out an um ah, plot for good ah memory for your good father." Vita spoke up at hearing Ismark's suggestion. "It shan't ah take long. It'll work or it ah won't work. I ain't shure of which it'll be." As Vita took a breath.

She turned, knowing it be rude but she must try all things at her disposal. She hoped her desperation and the strange ways she is able to bring forth magic, giddy errant thoughts roiling through her at that thoughts, may help the priest's son. "Ah Father, do yah mind if I go and try something with yah son?" Vita's posture timid and entreating. "Ah can't put smarty words to what ah trying to do. Ah um." As Vita fumbled, knowing the father wanted an explanation as to what she wanted to do.

"Ah um am going to ah pull on mah." Vita paused for a moment, collecting her thoughts before continuing "inner light and ah try ah um sharing mah light with ah um your son. I ah hope to balm him with it. Soothe uh, him with it." As her fumbling words got better as she put words together, stringing them along to make sense to her mind and offering a hopeful salve to him.

(Charisma Roll: 22 (18+4) (-.- not even sure if I needed to roll this but better then not at all.)

(IF gotten permission from Father Donovich and directions) The tiefling walked to the barred door that kept the cursed son on the other side. She had heard his screams, his cries for food. Her heart ached at hearing it. The dreadful, mournful noise filled with that inhumane timbre... Paradoxically tugging on her and repulsing her. "Ah hello, m'names Vita. Ah uh, wish to try and soothe yah. But... But! I ah, need yah name and um ah granting of permission. Ah don't think I can ah force this upon yah without your willingness. I also won't ah lie. I think my soothing will hurt yah badly. Really badly! It ah, won't mix well with the ah curse put upon ye." As Vita took a breath, waiting on he on the other side of the door to speak. To talk. She... she had done something with Ireena during the night. While laying in bed with her. Even now, she felt that connection of light between them. A coupling between them. A sharing of fluids. She hoped she could do this - nay she WILL do this. Make a connection with him and use her light to kindle his own and hold back his darkness.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

DM
The Church

The priest doesn't seem to mind Vita's offer of trying something to save his son, but by the look in his eyes, it's clear that he doesn't have any real hope left that the tiefling might succeed.

Moving over to the trapdoor in the storage room that leads to the undercroft where his son, Doru, is kept locked up, Vita is able to speak a few encouraging words through the wooden boards. There is a short pause, then a scuttling as the sounds of some poor wretch below get closer to the door.

"Hnnh? Hnnh? Nice lady? Will you feed me? Hmmh? The other lady gave me a few drops. But it was so little! So very little! I still hunger! I must feed! Hardly more than a drop for nearly a year! Mmm, I smell your blood! Sweet blood! Give some to me! Open the door and let me out. Free me, please, I beg you! What kind of act is it to keep a man trapped and without nourishment a whole year! Huh? It's torture I tell you! Please, just a few drops! Kind lady! Nice lady!"

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Tags: Doru

Hearing the poor cursed inhuman wretch behind the door, Vita's lips pressed hard together. Her head bowing, horns brushing against the wood as she heard his words. "I ah, dun think I'm ah going to be ah nice lady like yah hope. Not in ah, feeding yah." Taking a breath, she focused in on herself, feeling the chaotic swirl of her thoughts bubbling inside of her head.

She needed it to quiet. Needed them to go. Needed to hear only her heartbeat. Feeling her heartbeat. The steady thrum of her life. Palm on her chest. Feeling her light, feeling her heart. Blood flowing with each thump. Life flowing with each thump. Light beating in tandem to her heart. Light beating within her. Light beating along the connection she felt to Ireena. Light beating in tandem. The connection thrumming. She... in her mind, she remembered that darkness. The fiend's essence moving within her. How the darkness moved at the fiends beckoning when she lessened the light.

Instead of lessening the light... she tried to pool it together. Bringing the imagery of spiderwebs inside of her mind. Forming countless intercrossing bridges, slowly forming inside of her skin. Forming along her thumping rhythm of her heart. She... she didn't know. She tried anyway. He'd drink her blood. So her blood she choose. Her very life is in her blood. In her fluids. In and under her skin. She brought up her left hand, yellow orbs opening. She didn't know when she closed them as she looked at her thumb. Opening her mouth - she bit harshly and suddenly. Pain flashing through her, the light wavering as the pain hurted. She felt warmth eeking out of her thumb. Cold numbness spreading. Bloody metallic taste in her mouth. She brought up the bloody thumb, pressing it against the biggest crack in the door.

"Dr-drink. Tr-try to feel my light." Her voice coming out strangled and slowed, concentrating so much on trying to maintain her light, the imagery in her head... She felt her light at her thumb, it's erratic pooling, the webbings pulling and flexing, letting her blood flow out without catching the light... but she tried. Tried to get the flowing blood from her thumb to bring her light. Bring her emotions. Of wanting to kindle Doru's strength. Kindle's Doru's resistance to Strahd. Kindle Doru's humanity. His inner goodness. Bring greater light to the embers within him.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Doru
Barovian Church, Storage Room

Vita pressed her bleeding thumb to the biggest crack and let her blood drip through. With her darkvision she could just make out a pinkish-grey tongue press up against the thick wooden planks and lick away as the blood drops fell.

"Ahh... ahh... ahh..."

There was a pause as she withdrew her hand and waited. Then a dry cough. Then more coughing. Doru sounded like he was convulsing down there. After the coughing there was a retching sound, and a scraping and shuffling on the steps just on the other side of the trapdoor.

"Uuuurroooooo...." Doru moaned. "Uhghuu... p-please let me out... now? I-I'm better now... really, I am."

Doru's voice was soft, weak, and pitiful.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Esvele coughed, and cleared her throat. "Today, in the sight of the Morninglord, we who have gathered here bid farewell to Kolyan Indirovich, the late Burgomaster of the village of Barovia. Those who grieve for his passing will remember him as a strong man, adept warrior, compassionate burgomaster, caring father, and a blessing to the world, who now leaves us behind not at the hands of grisly conflict, but by the touch of time upon his body." Esvele laid her hands both on the coffin. "I ask you all to take a moment in silence, and recall your most cherished memories of the deceased."

Esvele closed her eyes through the moment of quiet. She'd memorized the rote words that were to be said, but she'd never conducted such a ceremony herself before - only watched and assisted. She tried to suppress her shivers and anxiety. What if she failed to put the Burgomaster to true rest?

Steeling herself and reviewing the words in her head once again, Esvele recited the prayer for the deceased, breathing in deep. She let her voice ring out in the morning air as she spoke. "O Dawnmaster, support this soul in his last hour by the strong arms of Thy Brightness and the fragrance of Thy consolations. Let Thy Shining Mercy pour over him and let Thy own body be his food, and Thy blood his sprinkling; and let Thy glorious Chanticleers and our own dear patrons smile on me, that in and through them all he may die as we desire to live; in Thy Arms, in Thy faith and in Thy love."

"We would also remember our fellow comrade-in-arms... Tristam," Esvele continued, once she had let the moment of silence drag on long enough - a very slight awkward pause in the sister's speech, as she realized she knew next to nothing about the man. "Though I knew him only a short time, I found comfort in his soft, serious demeanor, and am deeply grateful for his quick reflexes, which saved many among us from doom just hours ago, and mourn his untimely passing."

Once again, Esvele inhaled. "O Dawnmaster, support this soul in his last hour by the strong arms of Thy Brightness and the fragrance of Thy consolations. Let Thy Shining Mercy pour over him and let Thy own body be his food, and Thy blood his sprinkling; and let Thy glorious Chanticleers and our own dear patrons smile on me, that in and through them all he may die as we desire to live; in Thy Arms, in Thy faith and in Thy love."

As the subject of Lucien and their impending travels, Esvele tapped her foot and crossed her arms, thinking. "Truthfully, I had hoped to leave him with Father Donovich as a surrogate for his lost child... but, ehm... I no longer think that would be wise," she said simply. "Though I would feel secure with another warrior with us, I think if we are to make it, we'll not want to fight anyway." Esvele knelt down, and patted Lucien on the head. "Perhaps he can help you repair the damage to your home, or somsuch?"

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lucian, Ismark, and Ireena
Village Church
Tag: Esvele

Ireena and Ismark bowed their heads and listened in silence as their father was laid to rest with the words and prayer led by Esvele, who was for them a voice of frail hope in the overwhelming gloom of their lives. Whether or not she had appropriately been of aid to the late burgomaster's soul, Esvele could not know, but it appeared at the very least that the man's two children were appreciative.

Afterwards, Ismark began to cover the gravesite with dirt, filling in the hole under his own power. He spared a moment however to nod to Esvele and murmur his thanks.

"Your words were calming, Sister. I know you may just consider yourself an acolyte of the Morninglord, but you would be a natural priestess, in my opinion. You have a real zeal of faith that is admirable. The devil does his best to oppress those of us who do, like the poor Father Donavich. Your words show however that the harder the fiend tries to crush out hope, the more people there are who step up to carry on the creed. I don't know what providence brought you to my village last night, but I thank them nonetheless, Morninglord or any other force of good fortune."

Ireena smiled and nodded enthusiastically.

"Yes, Sister Esvele. Your words are so moving. Even the good priest, in his better days, would have been hard pressed to speak better."

Despite their kind words, the nun could not help but feel as if she could have done more for the village's late protector, but if so, she could not think of what it might be. Lucian smiled at her and Ismark, and said that he would be extra helpful, so long as Ismark let him stay away from his parents.

"I know, my blade might be useful, but I think I am needed here. The village is still going to be attacked, and young ones like Lucien here could use my sword to defend them. That was what my father did, and it falls to me to now walk in his footsteps. The Lady Jasmina will be around to help as well, while you and Vita take my sister to safety. I will pray for you all."

Esvele would then walk with Ireena back to the church doors, while Ismark and Lucien remained behind to finish the filling in of the grave. When the two women had recrossed the threshold to collect the tiefling, they would hear the tail end of the conversation Vita was having with Doru, who was pitifully appealing to be let out of the undercroft.

"I feel better now. Really. I think whatever you did has worked. Uooh... so light headed. I need food."

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Tags: Esvele and Ireena

Hearing the lapping of flesh against wood, the tiefling warlock shivered. The imagery she kept in her mind, she didn't know if it worked or not even as she listened, hand away from the door. Doru's words coming from behind it.

Did it work? She looked at her bloody thumb, placing it in her mouth, sucking on her own thumb for a moment, slathering her bloody thumb in saliva before wiping it down and pulling out a rag and ripping and wrapping it around her thumb. "Ah. Lemme go talk to your Father about that. He must have the final word on it." As the tiefling woman got up and noticed Esvele and Ireena.

"Ah! Wheres...?"
Vita questioned uncertainly before looking around the church for Ismark and the boy that Esvele rescued, only to see neither. Two + Two conked in her head as realization slowly meandered through her mind. Did the burial rites already happen?

The tiefling warlock's tail curling in shame at not helping but spoilt milk is no use crying over. "Esvele, Ireena, is it ah done? And um ah, do you know how to ah... test someone? I don't ah um know what I did with um ah Doru worked."