What's new

Partners in the Shadows (Kiyo & Kiko's Adventure)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score
And so Kiyo and Kiko decided to set out on their journey together:

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Partners in the Shadows (Kiyo & Kiko's Adventure)

"Well, Kiko, Shuckie. I imagine we should make our way to Oldale. We're going to need potions and pokeballs anyways, and if we have a voucher then there's no sense it letting go to waste. It will also give us a chance to get to know each other better as we talk on the way. Like where are you from? What inspired you to be a trainer, and the likes." He said as he held out his hand for Shade to crawl up his arm and roost on his shoulder as they made way for Oldale Town.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

"Yep. Off to Oldale!" Kiko said happily and started walking, Shuckie hugged to her chest, his yellow head sticking up and looking around. Happily heading off to the east, she paused when she realized Kiyo wasn't following her. It took her a second to spot the route north, but when she did, the girl jogged back over to Kiyo, smiling sheepishly. "Hehe... Sorry, I've been told I have a terrible sense of direction. Uhm, you're from Fuchsia City in Kanto aren't you? She pointed to her forehead. "I recognize the badge symbol. I'm from there too. As for why I got started, well... I really didn't until I travelled to Johto and met Shuckie... but Janine's so cool. You could say she's something of an idol for me." Kiko said, smiling and hugging Shuckie closer as she walked.

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

"Oh! I see. Janine is a nice girl from what I have heard in the dojos. I trained in her gym before coming here, but I personally have always looked up to Koga. He's a member of the Kanto Elite four you know. I hope to make it in the Elite four back in Kanto, or maybe start my own gym somewhere one day. I always admired Koga from Janine and other ninjaboys and poison trainers have said about him. He seems like the ideal ninja. It's part of what I aspire to be myself. Also, I notice you have a Shuckle. Do you like Bug types? I always liked them myself but have sort of been wondering if other types might be more suiting of a ninja?" He said absent mindedly. "Cada-cada-cada-Nin-Niiiiinnnnn-Cada!" Shade fussed at his comment, "I'm sorry, Shade. I'm not going to replace you or nothing. It's just a lot of ninja kids I've seen seem to use dark and other types." "Nnnnnnin-CADA!" The little bug pokemon huffed as they continued on their way to Oldale, making casual conversation.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Kiko nodded as Kiyo talked. "I haven't seen many bug pokemon so far, but from what I've seen, they're all really cute. I'm not much of a battler though. I don't like seeing Shuckie get hurt." As they walked through the tall grass, Kiko kept an eye out for anything that might hurt said pokemon. "As for suggestions, well, go with what you feel like. A boy I met in Johto said that having a balanced team was better than focusing on one type, but I'm pretty sure he was talking about battling."

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

As Kiko wandered through the tall grass, a wild Wurmple appeared!

[The Wurmple has the speed priority]

The wild Wurmple used Tackle on Shuckle. Not much damage was done.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

"But yeah, I don't quite like figh-Ack!" Still holding Shuckie close, the force of the Wurmple's tackle went through her pokemon and knocked Kiko on her backside, dropping the red and white ball to the ground. "Shuckie! Be careful! Just bide your time, it'll get tired eventually." Kiko ordered her pokemon, getting back to her feet and backing away as Shuckie started to faintly glow, still hiding inside his shell.

((Bide!))

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The Wurmple spewed a thin stream of string out of its mouth, wrapping Shuckie inside its shell. That clever bastard...

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Looking over to Kiyo, then back to Shuckie, wrapped up in the string and chewed her lip. Under the string, Shuckie was still gathering energy, not there was much he could have done to escape the wrappings anyway. She'd just have to wait for now.

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Kiyo was lost in thought and had walked ahead someways absentmindedly when he heard Kiko cry out, Dammit! he thought to himself, How careless of me! he chastised himself as he ran back in her direction, "Quick Shade! Use Bug Buzz on the wurmple" he directed as he pointed the wild pokemon out to Shade as the bug began rapidly vibrating it's wings enjoying a high pitched soundwave in the wurmples direction, "NiiiiiiiinCADA!" it cried out in attack.

Last edited:
OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The Wurple is hit by the high pitched sound and falls backwards, completely stunned and caught off guard by the surprise attack.

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

"I'm sorry, Kiko! I was lost in thought! Didn't mean to walk off on you! Quick, Shade! Go over to Shuckie and cut him out of the wurmples string!" he called as he ran back over to Kiko and Shuckie.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Shuckie was cut free. The Wurmple gained its, footing (?), from the unforseen surprise attack and tried the close the gap in between itself and its foe. Nincada has enough time to fit in another attack before the Wurmple can land its next attack.

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

"Shade, bide your time and wait for the Wurmple to attack and try to dodge! Once it misses go in for a sneak attack and use Scratch from behind omits blind spot!" Kiyo cried out to his Nincada.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

With Shuckie free of the string, but having been unable to gather energy to use the bide attack, it simply looked at the two battling pokemon curiously. Kiko was wringing her hands, she didn't want to see either bug pokemon harmed, but this one was pretty aggressive. "Shuckie, support Shade with Acupressure." Shuckie moved close to the Nincada and reached out with a tentacle and pressed down on certain parts of Shade's body.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Before Shuckie could acupressure his partner, Wurmple Tackled head-on into Shade. Afterwards, Shuckie applies preasure to Shade's pressure points, Shade's physical power skyrockets.

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

"Shade! Take advantage of the close contact and use Life Leech on the Wurmple while it can't dodge!" Kiyo cries out to his pokemon from beside Kiko.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The Wurmple, already on it's last breath, fainted granting Shuckie and Shade a decent amount of experience.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Kiko let out a sigh of relief as the Wurmple was defeated and went over to pick up Shuckie again. "How are you doing Shuckie? And Shade, are you okay too?" Kiko knelt down to look at the Nincada.

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

With the pokemon having fainted, Kiyo ran up to Shade and bent down over to him and held out his arm for the pokemon to take his regular position once again. "Great job, Shade! And you too Shuckie. Thanks for the assist. And I'm sorry I spaced out on you too earlier. I didnt mean to walk off on you guys. Are you to move on to Oldale then?" he asked towards Kiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.