What's new

Partners in the Shadows (Kiyo & Kiko's Adventure)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score
Re: Partners in the Shadows (Kiyo & Kiko's Adventure)

Kiko smiled as she saw Kiyo deposit the bottle. "You are pretty kind aren't you?" She said after the man left.

She put Shuckie down on the counter next to Shade. "Okay Shuckie, need you to get into your ball for this." The pokemon seemed to nod and one of its arms reached into its shell and retrieved a shrunken pokeball that Kiko used to return Shuckie too. That done, she turned to Kiyo and nodded. "That'd be good. A good meal for a long journey."

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

"Well both humans and pokemon have to live on and share this planet. And if nobody picked up or properly disposed of their garbage this planet would turn into a dump or wasteland or something." Kiyo said earnestly as placed Shade into his pokeball and handed him to the nurse Joy "Thank you very much Nurse." he said as waited for Nurse Joy to finish healing Thierry pokemon. Once they were finishe and released from the pokeballs, he extended his arm out to Shade who promptly scuttled up it to his usual place on Kiyos shoulder, "How you doing, shade all better?" he asked as the pokemon chirped happily in the affirmative, "Haha that's good to hear! Thank you once again, nurse." he said as he joined Kiko and walked towards the cafe once there he would go up to the counter to place his order, "Excuse me," he asked to get a servers attention, "But I would like a carton of Lo Mein noodles, an order sweet and sour chicken, some butter chicken, a rainbow roll, a glass of tea, and a veggie platter for my Nincada please?" he then turned to Kiko to ask what she would like, "Kiko is there anything you want? My treat." he offered with a warm and friendly smile.

Last edited:

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Kiko nodded as Kiyo explained his belief. "You're exactly right. You know, it feels like it's kind of rare for people to have those beliefs..." She sounded uncharacteristically pensive, but quickly shook it off and returned to her blissful smile as Shuckie was returned to her. "Thank you miss!" She said to the nurse and followed Kiyo over to the cafe.

"Really? Well... I try to stick to a diet..." She said, and looked up to the server. "Uhm... let's see... A fruit salad, and some berries, if you have any. Otherwise, just another fruit salad for Shuckie." Kiko said to the server, then smiled over to Kiyo, waiting for him to say something first.

((Cause my brain go fart))

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The waitress nodded and quickly got them their meals.

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Kiyo took his plate before awaiting for Kiko to take hers as well before going to sit down on one of the booths in the cafe and would wait for Kiko to join him before speaking, "It's sad.... But very true this day and age. Sadly people seem to think the environment is inconsequential and simply treat is a large dumpster leaving litter all over the place without realizing that cleaner air, trash free soil, and unpolluted waters makes things better for all human and pokemon alike, or that the wild is home to several pokemon. Why if it keeps up I wouldn't be surprised to see a trash pokemon!" he cried out in emphasis at the litter and environmental problems. "It looks like well be cutting through Petalburg woods next, then onto Petalburg City. I believe there's a gym there but I doubt any of our pokemon are ready for a gym match just yet. I wonder what kind of pokemon are present at night?" he pondered out loud as continued eating waitin for Kiko to get a word in.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Kiko sat down across from Kiyo and smiled as he talked. "Mmm... It can be scary at night though. A Zubat once flew into my hair when I was in Johto, scared me half-to-death!" She admitted in her usually cheerful way. "But I think, if we find another Wurmple, I might try to catch it. Get some more friends for Shuckie." She gently stroked the Shuckle's head as she finished.

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Kiyo couldn't help but to laugh out a little bit at Kikos story of a zubat flying in her hair, "I'm sorry, but that was sort of funny, I imagine it had to be quite an awful start!" he said dab at his eyes before regaining his composure as he heard Kikos plan to catch a Wurmple, "Ah, okay. If we run into one I promise to try not to ko it before you can catch it, got it Shade?" he asked to his pokemon who chirped in affirmative. He finished his meal and waited for Kiko to finish before asking if she was ready to go. Once she answered in the affirmative, he would pick up his tray and deposit the trash and any leftovers in the compost/recycling bin before heading out.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

"Great! Thanks Kiyo! And Shade too, of course." Kiko scratched the bug pokemon's head with her fingernail gently before finishing her food off and doing as Kiyo did. "So, onward to Petalburg then!" She announced to no one in particular and, with Shuckie in her arms again, she started to head off to the north of the town... not the correct direction.

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Seeing Kiko start to head of into the north, Kiyo would give a sharp little whsitle to get her attention, once the goth girl would turn around and see her companion, Kiyo would answer, "Uhm...... Kiko, Petalburg is to the west......" He would kindly remind his friend while trying not to sound condescending towards her before the two of them would then begin to head west.

Last edited:
OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Kiyo and Kiko headed WEST to Route 102, the noon sun still high in the sky. The route was peaceful and serene wooded meadow with a small body of water to the north. A variety of Pokemon cries can be heard all throughout the route. There were trainers all throughout the Route challenging other trainers to Pokemon battles. There were three paths to take on this Route:

The northern path was more scenic and goes past the pond. But there was a small ledge obstructing this path and a small patch of grass, but least amount of trainers. The middle path had no tall grass or ledges, but was littered with trainers. The southern path had alot of tall grass and was more wooded than the other paths and had a few trainers along the way.

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Upon arriving on Route 102 Kiyo looked around at their possibilities before turning to his companion and asking, "Hey Kiko. Which path do you think we should take? There's a small ledge blocking the northern one, the one in the middle doesn't have any grass but tons of trainers, and I know you said didn't care about battling. Third seems to have just a few trainers, but lots of tall grass, so the odds are you might run into a Wurmple like you wanted? What sounds good to you?" He asked awaiting her answer before heading down the path that they decided upon.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Kiko nodded. "Yeah! Let's head through the grass and see what kind of pokemon we can find." She said enthusiastically, heading towards the lower path. Before they entered the grass itself however, she turned to Kiyo. "Oh, I meant to ask, is there any pokemon you're looking for here? Maybe we can find a new friend for each of us?"

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Kiyo rubbed the back of his head in thought as they headed down the southern path, "I'm mostly interested in dark, ghost and poison types. Though I do like bug types like Shade, here." he said scratching his pokemon's head.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

As they walked through the tall grass on the southern path, a wild Seedot appeared.

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

As the Seedot popped out of the grass in front of them, Kiyo abruptly stopped and whipped out his pokedex:

Code:
SEEDOT attaches itself to a tree branch using the top of its head. 
It sucks moisture from the tree while hanging off the branch. 
The more water it drinks, the glossier this POKéMON's body becomes.
"This should be a good warm up for you, Shade. First, hit it with Leech Life, then bide your time and wait for it to attack and try to dodge in get in behind it to use scratch, but don't take it out. Just try to slowly whittle away at it, okay!?" He orders his Pokemon in the battle against the wild pokemon, when Shade would have it weakened enough, Kiyo would try to catch it in his pokeball.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The Seedot is hit for alot of damage from that attack and then seems to stiffen up and Bide it's time.

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Kiyo watched the Seedot bide it's time before getting ready to attack again, he saw that the first attack did a good deal of damage, he didn't want to ko it yet, but he had to weaken it enough for his pokeball to catch it. "Shade rush in and try to get a couple of Scratches in on it!" he called out to his pokemon, that proved successful without taking out the pokemon complety he would follow up by tossing his pokeball at it and trying to catch it.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The PokeBall envelops the Seedot and it starts to shake about inside. But it breaks free and releases energy at Shade, doing ALOT of damage to Shade. CRITICALLY hitting Shade, who fainted from the powerful attack.

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

As the Seedot broke out of the pokeball and released ita energy, a shocked and worried exoression would befall Kiyos face, "WHA!? AH, NO! SHADE!" he would cry out as he saw his pokemon faint from the attack. He would then turn to Kiko, "Uh....... Hey, Kiko...... I know you hate battling...... But would mind having Shuckie bang the Seedot up a little bit more and catching it; then like trade it back to me? ILL MAKE IT UP TO YOU HONEST! But if you would I'd really appreciate it. If not it's fine. And if things get tight for Shuckie too, j can toss a smoke bomb and make a break back to the Oldale pokecenter for you, okay?" he said awaiting his friend's answer.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Kiko watched the battle, Shuckie hugged to her chest. Her expression mimicked Kiyo's when Shade fall. "Ah! Shade!" When Kiyo asked her to step in, she nodded. "I won't forgive it! Shuckie! Your turn!" Putting the Shuckle on the ground where it slowly moved towards the Seedot, Kiko backed up, an unusually intense look on her face. "Okay, Shuckie, it should be weak, but just to make sure, use False Swipe!" She commanded, pointing at the Seedot.

After a second, Shuckie turned to look back to Kiko. "Ehh... You don't know that move?" She asked her pokemon, her earlier confidence evaporating. As the Seedot started to move, Kiko fumbled around her dress hurriedly. "Ah! J-just use withdraw for now! I need to find the pokeballs." She continued to search through her dress for the pokeballs she had stored inside of Shuckie's shell, while her pokemon retracted into said shell.

Status
Not open for further replies.