What's new

VN/TEXT [Taifun Riders] Space Paws

Taifun Riders

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hi everyone!

I'll introduce ourselves. We're Taifun Riders. We're 2 developers that are trying to make a furry/human game.
Recently, the first alpha was released. You can test it in our blog.

Our first idea was to make a mix between a visual-novel and a dating sim (with some minigames like puzzles, riddles, etc...). Once that demo was released yesterday on newgrounds we had some reviews loving text in the game and others ones complaining about the extension of the text.

We'll really appreciate your oppinion about that. Do you prefer the actual format of the game or do you prefer a typical dating sim format?

About the game, I must say that there's a lot of work to do. We wanna put many h-scenes, all of them animated. It will be 4-5 planets where you will find different races of furry. And of course, there's a human female you will be able to flirt with.

I will love to hear your oppinons, but please don't make shitty reviews complaining about things non-finished. It's an Alpha!

Of course, we have a patreon just in case there's someone that relies on us.

Our Blog

Our Patreon

FINAL release:

Share your impressions!

Last edited:

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Space Paws (0.10)

Looks pretty neat

Few comments:

Training stats kind of encourages savescumming, as you can get a max of 10 in one day, and a minimum of 6. That's a pretty big difference. At the moment not a problem, but you may keep it in mind if you add more stat requirements for longer term things. Make sure that the average stat(As if 4 was gained per day) is at least enough to pass, so that people won't be messed up just by luck

As I was absolutely awful at riddles(Always was), I pretty much went through those with trial and error. I've done a fair bit of saving and reloading to not lose out on the days though. I did get a few right on first try

The final 'date' was nice, though the pop quiz near the end seems kinda...Well, I don't know. I remember there were small fishes that were carnivores and big ones that were herbivores, but I can't remember their names. Kind of feels like I should be keeping notes which I don't think is really good design. I paid attention, and yet I can't get through this bit.
Perhaps allow a high int character to remember these things/give additional hints in the riddles to make up for the player not being able to do these?

The puzzle in the dungeon was good, and the dungeon guardian was great. That was amusing.
The dog-kids were amusing too, plus cute

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

with the purpose of re-population. can we hope to see cross species pregnancy :)?

OP
Taifun Riders

Taifun Riders

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Looks pretty neat

Few comments:

Training stats kind of encourages savescumming, as you can get a max of 10 in one day, and a minimum of 6. That's a pretty big difference. At the moment not a problem, but you may keep it in mind if you add more stat requirements for longer term things. Make sure that the average stat(As if 4 was gained per day) is at least enough to pass, so that people won't be messed up just by luck

As I was absolutely awful at riddles(Always was), I pretty much went through those with trial and error. I've done a fair bit of saving and reloading to not lose out on the days though. I did get a few right on first try

The final 'date' was nice, though the pop quiz near the end seems kinda...Well, I don't know. I remember there were small fishes that were carnivores and big ones that were herbivores, but I can't remember their names. Kind of feels like I should be keeping notes which I don't think is really good design. I paid attention, and yet I can't get through this bit.
Perhaps allow a high int character to remember these things/give additional hints in the riddles to make up for the player not being able to do these?

The puzzle in the dungeon was good, and the dungeon guardian was great. That was amusing.
The dog-kids were amusing too, plus cute

Thanks for your review. About the final quiz, we'll put V & X the let you know what are you failling and what are you doing right, in order to make it a bit easier.
About stats, there will not be more abilities. So, we estimate you can fail 3-4 times every quiz without worrying about abilities. If you fail more, we recommend to save & load to avoid the 30-day bad ending. But this is only in the alpha version. In the final game you'll choose your ending (your chick and a few more things I can't tell right now...)

It's interesting your suggestion about high int character & quizzes- We'll think about that

Glad to hear you like the dungeon guardian and and the chiuauas :D

with the purpose of re-population. can we hope to see cross species pregnancy ?
Don't make spoilers!:p
It's very possible, we are waiting for players reactions but it would be nice:D

Last edited:
OP
Taifun Riders

Taifun Riders

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Sorry for the double post (after some days) but I really appreciate if your share your opinions with us

What do you like? What do you dislike?

Is the first quiz challenging? Or it's boring? What do you miss? More h-scenes? More girls/furries? Sex animations? A better gameplay?

We need to hear you to be sure we're working in the right direction :)

Thanks!

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

i'd personally like to see pregnancy, but that would have be ending type stuff. maybe combat? i mean, the guy does have a strength stat. like monsters blocking the path and can combat it. the higher the stat the higher chance you have of passing it.

also, could we have something work in the opposite way? if our human guy can screw all the furries of the universe. why not have a way that the furries can have a chance with the last human female in the universe too. i'd like to see a furry guy get it on with our human woman.

OP
Taifun Riders

Taifun Riders

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

About human woman,a user of NG asked us about something similar. We thought about it yet. It's a good idea, but we're thinking about "how we can do it". We need to focus in the main story as male character, the other furry races/planets...there're a lot of h-events to come so play as a female would mean double work.We would like to do it, but we are not so well supported yet.

About pregnacy, it's very possible that some event shows some but it'll be ending events.

About strenght/fight... Are you thinking about something like in Simgirls? We're thinking now about some minigames that will make the player do something more than point&click or read text. Fighting? Why not? Maybe shooting aswell.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

For the human girl, I was thinking strength can come into play. in one of the world's maybe she can come off the ship too.

For instance, in this world if you traveled with her a dogman can try hitting on her. You tell the guy to buzz off. He doesn't like that. You two fight and this is were strength comes in. Yours is higher, you kick his butt, you guys keep walking. You lose, the mandog takes your girl for a... On all fours "ride". How can we use dog people and not have a doggy style :p

Other areas could be say a swamp, tentacles lash out, maybe you could have used intelligence to avoid that path NY saying " this looks to dangerous", let's take another path", but if it was too low you guys fall for the tentacle traps. One does the tentacle penis sucking plant for guy, while the other does what tentacles do to girls.

So I was thinking every world has thing that wants to get your girl and it can only happen if she gets off the ship with you and can a be overcome by using strength or intelligence to keep them off her.

Pretty much all sex scenes on her would be her unwilling. Unless it's your MC of course. Unless she pulls off a "not even if you were the last man In The universe" and means it. Giving you a bad end and seeing her settle for a furry lifeform instead.

My 2 cents on how you can use the human female.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

About human woman,a user of NG asked us about something similar. We thought about it yet. It's a good idea, but we're thinking about "how we can do it". We need to focus in the main story as male character, the other furry races/planets...there're a lot of h-events to come so play as a female would mean double work.We would like to do it, but we are not so well supported yet.
Once you're done with the original, you can always make a version 2 where instead of a male and a female, the ship accidentally got two women send on it.
Aside from that, I'd recommend focussing on the original idea first and getting the game done, then once you have your initial content you can always expand on it. Expanding wide by making more content of the same things already in the game will inevitably mean you're going to be expected to have similar(furry on female) content on later parts of the game. It's probably a good idea to focus on one thing first

And of course, for this game, you'd definitely want pregnancy so you can see the results of saving humanity

MidnightXV

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

doesnt work for me. trying to use google chrome to launch the swf file just yields a loading screen with a moving bar that continues forever

M-77

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

doesnt work for me. trying to use google chrome to launch the swf file just yields a loading screen with a moving bar that continues forever
Me too tried "Mozila Firefox" and on "Epic" (Chrome based) and got only loopings, in an SWF Editor i was able to jump around in the Game.
I always tried to Update this damn Java/Flash Runtime but my System blocked
it or did not recognize the Updates, so i give it up with Java/Flash Stuff.
But you still can find some SWF Editor and watch whats inside, evwn try to Play in the editor (like "Flash Decompiler").
I like the Game and the Space Themed Envoriment. Funny Graphics as well.
M-77

OP
Taifun Riders

Taifun Riders

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

For the human girl, I was thinking strength can come into play. in one of the world's maybe she can come off the ship too.

For instance, in this world if you traveled with her a dogman can try hitting on her. You tell the guy to buzz off. He doesn't like that. You two fight and this is were strength comes in. Yours is higher, you kick his butt, you guys keep walking. You lose, the mandog takes your girl for a... On all fours "ride". How can we use dog people and not have a doggy style :p

Other areas could be say a swamp, tentacles lash out, maybe you could have used intelligence to avoid that path NY saying " this looks to dangerous", let's take another path", but if it was too low you guys fall for the tentacle traps. One does the tentacle penis sucking plant for guy, while the other does what tentacles do to girls.

So I was thinking every world has thing that wants to get your girl and it can only happen if she gets off the ship with you and can a be overcome by using strength or intelligence to keep them off her.

Pretty much all sex scenes on her would be her unwilling. Unless it's your MC of course. Unless she pulls off a "not even if you were the last man In The universe" and means it. Giving you a bad end and seeing her settle for a furry lifeform instead.

My 2 cents on how you can use the human female.
I'm not a fan of raping or tentacle scenes. So don't expect many scenes of this kind:p
The only sex scene that it's already in the game, is a doggytyle (more or less...)
However, there're many H-events to come with our female character. And in some worlds our Alison will get out of the ship...but I can't tell you more right now (professional secret).

Once you're done with the original, you can always make a version 2 where instead of a male and a female, the ship accidentally got two women send on it.
Aside from that, I'd recommend focussing on the original idea first and getting the game done, then once you have your initial content you can always expand on it. Expanding wide by making more content of the same things already in the game will inevitably mean you're going to be expected to have similar(furry on female) content on later parts of the game. It's probably a good idea to focus on one thing first

And of course, for this game, you'd definitely want pregnancy so you can see the results of saving humanity
You're right. We'll follow this way. We're focusing in our first ideas ( that we love). Then, if we are avaible to do the final version and people like and support our work, it's "easy" to do a female main character version.
We thought that the story has a big potential, we could even do a 3rd or 4th part if we wanted to. At this moment, we'll focus in part 1. We have easily more than a year of development ahead until the final version.

Don't use browsers to play the blog's version. This version runs fine in flash player. If you try to play with a broswer the preloading loop screen will appear.

-So play it online in NG
-Play it offline with flash player

This weekend i'll upload a version without preloading. This will fix the loop issue, but until then, follow my instructions :)

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

So I just took the time to play through the game once, and here are my opinions of what it is so far.

1: The art is, okay/good. I've never been a fan of the style of nose that you've chosen for drawing the humans, but that's personal preference. I haven't really found any of the art to be actually stunning, but I'm also not into furries that much so it makes that part difficult.

2: The gameplay is, overall, just kind of annoying unfortunately. A literal/logic puzzle like the merchants can be fun, but it went on for a long time with some extreme swings in difficulty. (The Sister in law question and the 30th, 31st question spring to mind.) The final quiz with the queen is very unforgiving even for someone who read the text, with the small differences in flower type and native fish being the worst offenders. The puzzle could probably be turned from a 6x6 to a 4x4 to make it less time consuming. I did read in your responses to other people that you were planning on having less puzzles later, which is good. Puzzles can be fun provided they aren't terribly slow or frustratingly difficult, and currently I'm afraid Space Paws trips across both of these obstacles.

On another note with the gameplay, the time limit combined with the RNG for levelling up stats meant that I spent about 15 minutes save-scumming until I was getting +5+5 with my levels so as not to waste time. I would reccomend removing the RNG element entirely, and perhaps making that a minigame, or making other ways to level up if you want to keep some sense of optimization in the levelling system. I don't really see a benefit for you (as the developers) or the players in terms of possibly having an overall weaker character after the same # of days passed.

Finally, I understand that the "energy per day" mechanic is a classic of dating sims, but god it is annoying to spend a third of my game time walking back to the spaceship and out to the planet again. Is there a way to either remove the "actions per day" thing and maybe just add an overall action limit before the cutoff?

3: The music starts off good, but in cases where you're spending a lot of time doing something (all of the puzzles so far!) it gets rather repetitive. Maybe a longer loop?

4: The writing so far has been good. You can't say he took an arrow to the ELBOW though! That's just wrong!

5: Can we see more of Rosalyn in the other outfits she was wearing? On that note, I feel like a couple of Ecchi encounters throughout the game would make it feel more fun the whole way through. There wasn't much of a carrot-on-a-stick feel for me until I actually met the queen. Throw some more pretty girls in there somewhere! (opinion)

6: Do the dates themselves have any level requirement as far as stats go? That or a minigame would make those parts of the game more engaging, so people would be less likely to skip all of the text and then get blindsided later, I think.

Overall, I think the game is a solid start to a Visual Novel, with some strange dating sim elements kind of shoehorned in. Perhaps these will improve with more characters to interact with, but I feel like you guys would be best served focusing on a specific angle to take the game.

Please let me know when you have some updates ready, because even though I'm not the biggest furry fan, I'd love to help with feedback!

SIDE NOTE: I feel like a single dollar on Patreon is too-good a deal for the early updates. But perhaps that's just me.

OP
Taifun Riders

Taifun Riders

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So I just took the time to play through the game once, and here are my opinions of what it is so far.

1: The art is, okay/good. I've never been a fan of the style of nose that you've chosen for drawing the humans, but that's personal preference. I haven't really found any of the art to be actually stunning, but I'm also not into furries that much so it makes that part difficult.

2: The gameplay is, overall, just kind of annoying unfortunately. A literal/logic puzzle like the merchants can be fun, but it went on for a long time with some extreme swings in difficulty. (The Sister in law question and the 30th, 31st question spring to mind.) The final quiz with the queen is very unforgiving even for someone who read the text, with the small differences in flower type and native fish being the worst offenders. The puzzle could probably be turned from a 6x6 to a 4x4 to make it less time consuming. I did read in your responses to other people that you were planning on having less puzzles later, which is good. Puzzles can be fun provided they aren't terribly slow or frustratingly difficult, and currently I'm afraid Space Paws trips across both of these obstacles.

On another note with the gameplay, the time limit combined with the RNG for levelling up stats meant that I spent about 15 minutes save-scumming until I was getting +5+5 with my levels so as not to waste time. I would reccomend removing the RNG element entirely, and perhaps making that a minigame, or making other ways to level up if you want to keep some sense of optimization in the levelling system. I don't really see a benefit for you (as the developers) or the players in terms of possibly having an overall weaker character after the same # of days passed.

Finally, I understand that the "energy per day" mechanic is a classic of dating sims, but god it is annoying to spend a third of my game time walking back to the spaceship and out to the planet again. Is there a way to either remove the "actions per day" thing and maybe just add an overall action limit before the cutoff?

3: The music starts off good, but in cases where you're spending a lot of time doing something (all of the puzzles so far!) it gets rather repetitive. Maybe a longer loop?

4: The writing so far has been good. You can't say he took an arrow to the ELBOW though! That's just wrong!

5: Can we see more of Rosalyn in the other outfits she was wearing? On that note, I feel like a couple of Ecchi encounters throughout the game would make it feel more fun the whole way through. There wasn't much of a carrot-on-a-stick feel for me until I actually met the queen. Throw some more pretty girls in there somewhere! (opinion)

6: Do the dates themselves have any level requirement as far as stats go? That or a minigame would make those parts of the game more engaging, so people would be less likely to skip all of the text and then get blindsided later, I think.

Overall, I think the game is a solid start to a Visual Novel, with some strange dating sim elements kind of shoehorned in. Perhaps these will improve with more characters to interact with, but I feel like you guys would be best served focusing on a specific angle to take the game.

Please let me know when you have some updates ready, because even though I'm not the biggest furry fan, I'd love to help with feedback!

SIDE NOTE: I feel like a single dollar on Patreon is too-good a deal for the early updates. But perhaps that's just me.
Thanks for you review! We love this kind of feedback!

1. In the game half H-scenes will be furry and half will be human. In alpha we only put a furry h-event :(
2. We’ll reduce the content of the riddles, we’ll make it easier. The puzzle will have a hint and we’re working in a new mini game we think it’ll be more…interesting and enjoyable for players
The RNG system will last for the moment. It was thought for some events they haven’t appeared yet.
3. Longer loops, means heavier file. In our alpha we need not to overpass 100mb. We’ll reach this weight in few updates. Then, we’ll consider making longer loops, but we can’t yet (NG limit is 100mb)
4. Nothing to say
5. Totally right. Ecchi events will begin to appear in the next update. We’re working right now on them.
6. Yep, it’s a good idea. We want to skip text and put more minigames in the future.

This alpha is a basis for us. We want feedbacks to know what to do with this basis. Now, we have many good ways to improve enormously the game.

SIDE NOTE: Do you think a 1$ is a too good deal for a early acces to updates? Maybe it is. But all patreon games do something similar. We can’t ask more.

thswherizat

Reputation score

4. Nothing to say

SIDE NOTE: Do you think a 1$ is a too good deal for a early acces to updates? Maybe it is. But all patreon games do something similar. We can’t ask more.
ARROW TO THE ELBOW AHHHH it will just assault my sensibilities every time I see that line, I suppose.

I think most patreons do 5$ for the early access, but that is of course up to you.

OP
Taifun Riders

Taifun Riders

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

ARROW TO THE ELBOW AHHHH it will just assault my sensibilities every time I see that line, I suppose.

I think most patreons do 5$ for the early access, but that is of course up to you.
Totally right! Arrow in the elbow! That's the problem of not playing Skyrim in english.

Well, but I'm having 7 patrons asking 1$. If I ask 5$ not many of them will remain I think lol. For the moment, as many adult games we'll let early access for 1$ processed.

On the other hand, we're working in the next update right now (0.11). Later November early december will be avaible for patrons. Free players will have it when 0.12 is finished and available .

Animated scenes are coming!:D

OP
Taifun Riders

Taifun Riders

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

If there's someone interested, we are pretty sure that the next update (finally named 0.15) will be available next week only for patrons.

So, if you want to check it soon be sure to have at least 1 processed dollar. Patreon usually charges patrons the 1st of every month. If you don't have any dollar processed you should wait until patreon charges you to play it. It's a securty matter.We've realised that there're many parasites in patreon :(

If you prefer to wait until the update becomes public you will have to wait until the second one (named 0.30) is available for patrons (about 2 months, because the second update will be bigger than the first). Thanks to our patron's feedback we will fix some possible bugs meanwhile.

Thanks for reading!

M-77

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Fine that the Game is going forward.
I don´t use PayPal or Patreon and do not trust those Online-Banking Stuff.
Do not have Time to mess around with them.
So i will have to wait for the next free demo of your game.
Would like to see what was changed+is new.
M-77

OP
Taifun Riders

Taifun Riders

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Fine that the Game is going forward.
I don´t use PayPal or Patreon and do not trust those Online-Banking Stuff.
Do not have Time to mess around with them.
So i will have to wait for the next free demo of your game.
Would like to see what was changed+is new.
M-77
In a few days/a week, when the 0.15v is released, we'll post the changelog in this topic ;)

thswherizat

Reputation score

If only I wasn't so dang poor I would try that. I look forward to testing the next chapter when it's available for us plebs.