What's new

[2/6] [Abandoned] The Comprehensive Patreon List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: *UPDATED* [4/23] Comprehensive patreon list

Seriously stop double voting akabur, he won't be chosen, he already won once, and its so obvious there is one obsessed fan double voting, every time I check the results, there is always a back to back akabur post with "great writing" "just great".
Sounds like Tony the Tiger enjoys Akabur's games. xD
"They're grrrreat!"

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Some of those Patreon accounts look absolutely dead. I understand keeping the posts to your patrons, but every now and then show the potential new arrivals that you're still alive and kicking. People just see some revenue streaming in and they kick their feet back and stop caring.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Some of those Patreon accounts look absolutely dead. I understand keeping the posts to your patrons, but every now and then show the potential new arrivals that you're still alive and kicking. People just see some revenue streaming in and they kick their feet back and stop caring.
I wonder if my birthday post got more comments because it was open to the public

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I wonder if my birthday post got more comments because it was open to the public
Well, it probably contributes to the comments as well, but that's not the point.
How could someone expect me to give him my money, when the last update I see on his page is from more than a year ago...

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but the way Patreon works is that I can pledge, see all the hidden posts and then withdraw my pledge and be on my way. So, unless I'm wrong, the whole point of having hidden posts is meaningless.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, it probably contributes to the comments as well, but that's not the point.
How could someone expect me to give him my money, when the last update I see on his page is from more than a year ago...

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but the way Patreon works is that I can pledge, see all the hidden posts and then withdraw my pledge and be on my way. So, unless I'm wrong, the whole point of having hidden posts is meaningless.
well people stopped posting links on those posts instead theyre more like feedback posts and shit...bugs me the people who give me money don't wanna tell me what they like so i can cater more to them

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Actually, the reason I (and many other Patreon owners) hide our posts is because it's part of Patreon's rules for NSFW Patreons, especially since all the posts are on the front page now.

Absolutely nothing with nudity, sexuality, etc. can be shown on the front page of a NSFW Patreon, nor can it be shown in public creator posts.

As many of the NSFW Patreon accounts post NSFW content (specifically art) in practically every post, visually or in text, it keeps it pretty hard to make posts public.

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Actually, the reason I (and many other Patreon owners) hide our posts is because it's part of Patreon's rules for NSFW Patreons, especially since all the posts are on the front page now.

Absolutely nothing with nudity, sexuality, etc. can be shown on the front page of a NSFW Patreon, nor can it be shown in public creator posts.

As many of the NSFW Patreon accounts post NSFW content (specifically art) in practically every post, visually or in text, it keeps it pretty hard to make posts public.
If that's the case, then I stand corrected on the uselessness of the hidden posts. Mentioning this on the presentation page can be useful, imho. Or doing a post about it, like you did, of course.

A creator can still do a SFW post every now and then tho', or have a blog for the spicy stuff. There should be something to attract outsiders.

well people stopped posting links on those posts instead theyre more like feedback posts and shit...bugs me the people who give me money don't wanna tell me what they like so i can cater more to them
People are lazy. But you should also consider the language barrier. Many people are just not comfortable enough to write in a language they don't speak well.

Last edited:

meh65

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I have already gotten rid of some COMPLETELY dead ones. I have started to mark some others inactive.

Most I notice are just on hiatus. When I make sections I will put an inactive section which they will fit into.

I wish I could highlight new and most active patreons. But...this is just a simple forum topic. We need people like lewdgamer to write pieces on each patreon game...which I would totally do, except I don't work for them sooo ya. But I feel you.

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Most, if not all, of my posts are for $1+ pledges. Should I change my stance on that?

I feel like it would be disrespectful to the contributors to just post everything public. I don't think the NSFW thing would apply, aside from the mention of rape and stuff. I don't normally post anything visual.

As for the bogus "peek-a-boo" pledges, I don't see the point in what they do. I just post technical stuff for the most part, or reveal some area or character names on Patreon that I normally wouldn't reveal in the ULMF thread. If they're looking for early releases or NSFW material then they must be rather disappointed by the time they withdraw their fake pledge.

I get notifications in my email about new pledges and I keep those emails. I could make a list of all the "peek-a-boo" pledges and/or ban them but I feel like that is counter productive when they might be the same people who contribute to the discussion on my ULMF thread. You never know... Plus they might even come back later and make a real pledge (doubtful, but possible).

As for the dead Patreon accounts, it's kinda sad really, especially when they are still getting hundreds if not thousands of dollars a month. As for myself I feel personally accountable for every cent that my pledges give. I haven't spent a single cent yet and I plan to use the majority of early funds to purchase art, sprites, etc.. and I'll tell my pledges what I spend it on.

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Most, if not all, of my posts are for $1+ pledges. Should I change my stance on that?

I feel like it would be disrespectful to the contributors to just post everything public. I don't think the NSFW thing would apply, aside from the mention of rape and stuff. I don't normally post anything visual.

As for the bogus "peek-a-boo" pledges, I don't see the point in what they do. I just post technical stuff for the most part, or reveal some area or character names on Patreon that I normally wouldn't reveal in the ULMF thread. If they're looking for early releases or NSFW material then they must be rather disappointed by the time they withdraw their fake pledge.

I get notifications in my email about new pledges and I keep those emails. I could make a list of all the "peek-a-boo" pledges and/or ban them but I feel like that is counter productive when they might be the same people who contribute to the discussion on my ULMF thread. You never know... Plus they might even come back later and make a real pledge (doubtful, but possible).

As for the dead Patreon accounts, it's kinda sad really, especially when they are still getting hundreds if not thousands of dollars a month. As for myself I feel personally accountable for every cent that my pledges give. I haven't spent a single cent yet and I plan to use the majority of early funds to purchase art, sprites, etc.. and I'll tell my pledges what I spend it on.
Like I wrote above, having an open post every now and then makes the page look alive and more attractive to the outsiders (potentially new patrons). But I ain't giving advices to anyone, I have no experience whatsoever with Patreon or any kind of crowdfunding.
About the "peek-a-boo" pledges (cool name), it was just an example, I have no idea if it's a real thing (pledging to see the posts and then taking off).
In any case, banning people would get you nowhere. You don't actually lose anything from those false pledges. And if even just one of those guys decides to support you for real, more power to you.

meh65

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Fucking annoyed at google forms, how the hell do you export the already made pie chart?

Last edited:

BackArcher

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

May sound off-topis but I kinda like how asian sounds the name of Feodosiy.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"This may be off topic but I kinda like how Feodosiy sounds like an Asian word."
Is.. that even true..?

With Russian pronunciation, it doesn't sounds Asian at all to me.

Last edited:

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: *UPDATED* [5/3] Comprehensive patreon list

It sounds like odyssey to me, but with a "Fee" sound on the front.

It's interesting how many different ways people can imagine the pronunciation of written words.

Pecan is a strange one. I don't know why most people think it's "pee can".
I've always thought it was "puh khan" or such.

OP
D

Dragon248

Sex Demon
Reputation score
List of UMAI NEKO's Games

FIGHTING GIRL MEI

Info: Sidescrolling 2D action ryona (brutality).
Mei is a beautiful schoolgirl in search of her missing sister!
Link:
Thread: FIGHTING GIRL MEI

FIGHTING GIRL SAKURA

Info: A 2D side-scrolling action as a young girl vs. enemies in a parallel world
Link:
Thread: FIGHTING GIRL SAKURA

FIGHTING GIRL SAKURA-R

Info: Sakura lost both parents in an accident. However, she learned there's more to their death than meets the eye. As she investigates, many abrupt changes and encounters occur...

FGS-R is a 2D scrolling action game with H-anime when the character is down
Link:
Thread: FIGHTING GIRL SAKURA-R

Magical Angel Fairy Heart

Info: 2D scrolling action game with H-anime
Thread: Magical Angel Fairy Heart

Last edited:

???

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Hello thar!

You should totally add bomb's patreon to the list:

meh65

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

The Cathouse Tale is leaving hiatus and will be charging again on June 1st.

---

PixelProdukt created a Patreon for their story-driven RPG called A girl and her dog.

Patreon:
Blog:

Good to know.

#fuckfurries

meh65

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: [5/3] Comprehensive patreon list

I wish long vacation guy would make a patreon.

Status
Not open for further replies.