What's new

[2/6] [Abandoned] The Comprehensive Patreon List

Status
Not open for further replies.

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [3/10] The Comprehensive Patreon List

For me, I think it would be nice if you noted on the list itself that development has stopped or is on hiatus. I think this list has the potential to bring in new patrons. Giving them information on the Patreon would be nice. Especially, if the developer's front page doesn't make that clear.

The update winds up in the persons email. The failure of the recipient to read the email is not the fault of the sender. The senders obligations are met.
For people who pledge to a high number of creators, they may turn off post notifications, as they can get annoying. So, in not putting it clearly on the front page, I'd argue is a bit shady. He did post a public update, so that's nice. I guess a potential patron should look into what he is about the pledge to, but I don't see any reason aside from greed to keep collecting money if you're not developing. Don't close your patreon completely, let support grow while it is on hiatus, but collecting money? That seems questionable at best.

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hey, could you add the Reclaim Reality thread to the Patreon list for my topic threads?
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=29884

Additionally, could you change the title for the "Hwriter & friends" Patreon to "Internal Interrogation"? (the link stays the same)

Tit Dang

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You know he could change fucking campaign to per major update
No I couldn't. I cannot change pledge method using "charging patrons up front" method. I've made new head message to warn people.

Last edited:
OP
D

Dragon248

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Hey, could you add the Reclaim Reality thread to the Patreon list for my topic threads?
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=29884

Additionally, could you change the title for the "Hwriter & friends" Patreon to "Internal Interrogation"? (the link stays the same)
The Reclaim Reality thread was added to the list along with the change of the title from Hwriter & friends to Internal Interrogation.

The [Stopped] tag was added to Tit Dang and the news in the first post was updated as well.

Last edited:

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score

1. You know he could change fucking campaign to per major update
Oh look at how little you know! Do not dribble information that you dont even understand youself.

2. How is that related to anything? You need to be in power now to say anything?
Well then how about, you're neither moderator here nor at patreon so JJATH and Daggerun doesn't owe you anything in your outburst of rage and your expectations are pulled out of ass.
Oooo, look whos so smart.
Theres a difference between telling someone to shut down a patreon/account and telling someone to apologise for being a cockhead.
Please, wake the fuck up.

No I couldn't. I cannot change pledge method using "charging patrons up front" method. I've made new head message to warn people.
Im sorry about the 2 abusive twats that attacked you on your patreon.
Hoping for the best and that maybe you can get back to work soon.

If you want, you might be able to put your patreon on "hiatus" While you are not working on it. :)

devvah

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The update winds up in the persons email. The failure of the recipient to read the email is not the fault of the sender. The senders obligations are met.

Just like when your credit card company sends you a bill.
I'm not sure how many patrons you support but I wasn't up to receiving 50+ mails/month from Patreon, neither making new email specifically just for Patreon and even though I check daily I still miss posts every now and then when a lot of creators decide to post the same day. That's more true for posts without images which just gets lost in walls of text.

You can always email Patreon explaining it and I'm sure they can change it for you. That's what they have support for.

Oh look at how little you know! Do not dribble information that you dont even understand youself.
"I don't have arguments but I want to talk."
Oooo, look whos so smart.
Theres a difference between telling someone to shut down a patreon/account and telling someone to apologise for being a cockhead.
Please, wake the fuck up.
Both assume that you have power to tell others to do something so they are opposing positions of the same logic. Your childish insults don't help your case at all.

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Both assume that you have power to tell others to do something so they are opposing positions of the same logic. Your childish insults don't help your case at all.
The only "power" i have over you is pointing out what you did wrong and expecting you to fix it.

You are pretentious, ignorent and lack knowledge on the subject of which you speak of.
You are delusional, fix that.

EDIT: This is it, i wont reply to this again.

Last edited:

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [3/11] The Comprehensive Patreon List

To just clarify something here, Patreon will not change you back to monthly after picking instant charge.

Have clarified this with their staff, and this is namely because in the future, as they have stated, ALL Patreon accounts will be made to be instant charge and "charge by demo/art piece/video/song" and "at the end of the month" will no longer be options for anyone.

Obscure

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

To just clarify something here, Patreon will not change you back to monthly after picking instant charge.

Have clarified this with their staff, and this is namely because in the future, as they have stated, ALL Patreon accounts will be made to be instant charge and "charge by demo/art piece/video/song" and "at the end of the month" will no longer be options for anyone.
Wow, that's a thing. So the monthly update becomes mandatory.

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, fuck me... that sucks :(

Last edited:

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ok, possibly scratch what I said; this page no longer states that it's going to be forced on everyone.

I'll email Patreon and ask and get back to you all ASAP.

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ok, possibly scratch what I said; this page no longer states that it's going to be forced on everyone.

I'll email Patreon and ask and get back to you all ASAP.
Would be nice to know.

"charge upfront" doesent always work best for the supporter. Charged upfront than charged at the end of the month, twice in under a month. Not everyone likes that.

I think giving the Supporter a choice to support monthly(delay rewards and payment to the start of the next month) or charge upfront(pay now get stuff now and recharge at end of month)
Seems the most logical process.

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Would be nice to know.

"charge upfront" doesent always work best for the supporter. Charged upfront than charged at the end of the month, twice in under a month. Not everyone likes that.
Charge upfront just gives you a chance to get the current month's rewards even if you're joining the party after the beginning of the month.
And you're not charged twice, the second charge is for the next month.

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Charge upfront just gives you a chance to get the current month's rewards even if you're joining the party after the beginning of the month.
And you're not charged twice, the second charge is for the next month.
Yeah i know that, im talking logically. due to the end of the month being close for example some people dont want to be charged twice within a few weeks of eachother.
What im thinking is have a "ill pledge at the start of next month" button, next to a "i want to pledge now" button.

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Yeah i know that, im talking logically. due to the end of the month being close for example some people dont want to be charged twice within a few weeks of eachother.
What im thinking is have a "ill pledge at the start of next month" button, next to a "i want to pledge now" button.
Yeah, I see how it may feel a little weird if you join at the end of the month.
Your idea sounds good. You should write Patreon, because I'm not sure the their staff visits here :p

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So I asked to get clarification, and yeah, they've went back on making everyone have "instant charge", so good news for those who don't want to switch to that :)

That said, once you HAVE switched to it, there's no going back, as the site repeatedly warns you before you do switch to it.

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah, I see how it may feel a little weird if you join at the end of the month.
Your idea sounds good. You should write Patreon, because I'm not sure the their staff visits here :p
It took them 3 years to finally implement polls, i guess messaging them sooner rather than later would be a good idea huh?
HAHAHAHA!

So I asked to get clarification, and yeah, they've went back on making everyone have "instant charge", so good news for those who don't want to switch to that :)
Ill admit, you had me a little worried.

That said, once you HAVE switched to it, there's no going back, as the site repeatedly warns you before you do switch to it.
Yep.

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [3/15] The Comprehensive Patreon List

I could be mistaken, but it seems as though a couple other Patreons are replying to my public patreon updates "just to get free advertising", and actually have not played or have any interest in my game at all.

Admittedly I do sometimes post on other Patreons, but only if I actually have an interest in their Patreon or the games they're developing. There is that small hope that it might be good for free advertising, but that's not the primary purpose when I post.

It's certainly not something as crass as , "Good job!" or "Great game design!".

I recently made a quick post about a little progress, just to see if I could goad them into posting again. Of course they did...

So, my fellow Patreons, how do you feel about this kind of activity on your Patreon?

Part of me says I should ignore it, because you don't want to burn bridges (flimsy and unsightly as they may be). Another part of me says I should feel insulted, delete their comments, and block them. And then there's the slimy part I don't listen to, that suggests I should go and do the same thing on their Patreon profiles.. but that just feels dishonest because.. well honestly I have no interest in their games. :p

Esgaldin

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: [3/15] The Comprehensive Patreon List

I could be mistaken, but it seems as though a couple other Patreons are replying to my public patreon updates "just to get free advertising", and actually have not played or have any interest in my game at all.

Admittedly I do sometimes post on other Patreons, but only if I actually have an interest in their Patreon or the games they're developing. There is that small hope that it might be good for free advertising, but that's not the primary purpose when I post.

It's certainly not something as crass as , "Good job!" or "Great game design!"...
Yea, that true, especially few most annoying scummers like "BEST MULT CLUB" or "TaylorNeller Prod.", they replying in literally every fucking H-games or pron ralated patreons posts. Annoying as hell - slimy bastards! =P

Status
Not open for further replies.