What's new

[WIP - Full] [62studio] 不思議の国のサキュバス / Succubus in Wonderland translation (RJ278424)

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I notice that game constantly loops in some battles when you are defeated with zero energy, without the option "lose battle or continue to be squeezed" appearing in order to finish the battle.

Also when I entered the first challenge, I enter another infinite loop and this white line with text appears too. Same dialogue continues to pop up. Game is unplayable at this point
This also happens in the untranslated version

For the latter, holding the Up key will eventually end the sequence. Not sure about the former.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
For those who've contributed to this translation: how do you automatically machine translate in Translator++? I haven't found any way of doing that in the instructions for the program. I've currently been going through the files one by one, which is slow and thus prevents me from translating everything in the larger games. Being able to automate the process would allow me to release complete translations for Lust Friend and Succubus Puttel, instead of partial ones (though much of this translation would remain unedited).

Fatalus

Reputation score
Just use the "Batch translation" option. What I do is tick one box (say Map001) then right mouse button, choose "With 1 selected" and then "Batch translation".
In theory you can order trans++ to do the whole game at once, but translation engines will most likely ban you for too many requests at once. Those bans are automatically lifted, though the period of them is unknown.

(I always wondered why you didn't bother to just machine translate the rest, I guess I know now :D)

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
how do you automatically machine translate in Translator++?
T++'s answer about that is quite clear:
http://dreamsavior.net/docs/translator/getting-started/working-with-translator-in-a-nutshell/#d-generate-machine-translator-as-a-supplementary-guidance said:
A lady named Sarah told me her opinion regarding machine translation:
But yeah, typically you just need to press "batch translation" (right of 'import project'), choose a column (like 'machine translation') and you're all set (to now refine every line, that is).
If you're using translate.google, T++ automatically creates batches of text that are sent every 5s, to avoid ban issues. You can get crazy times there - I've had 10+ hours for dolls :LOL: and other games with a similar amount of sweat, work and love poured in them.

You'll likely run into further issues with pre-MV games, like Lust Grimm, and you'll probably need to check out Scripts (and often CommonEvents). The relevant RPGM editor and/or a tool like Gemini will then be required if you're aiming for 100% English.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Just use the "Batch translation" option. What I do is tick one box (say Map001) then right mouse button, choose "With 1 selected" and then "Batch translation".
In theory you can order trans++ to do the whole game at once, but translation engines will most likely ban you for too many requests at once. Those bans are automatically lifted, though the period of them is unknown.

(I always wondered why you didn't bother to just machine translate the rest, I guess I know now :D)
T++'s answer about that is quite clear:But yeah, typically you just need to press "batch translation" (right of 'import project'), choose a column (like 'machine translation') and you're all set (to now refine every line, that is).
If you're using translate.google, T++ automatically creates batches of text that are sent every 5s, to avoid ban issues. You can get crazy times there - I've had 10+ hours for dolls :LOL: and other games with a similar amount of sweat, work and love poured in them.

You'll likely run into further issues with pre-MV games, like Lust Grimm, and you'll probably need to check out Scripts (and often CommonEvents). The relevant RPGM editor and/or a tool like Gemini will then be required if you're aiming for 100% English.
Thanks for the answers. By using batch translation, I've been able to release a complete patch of Lust Friend now. Likewise, my Succubus Puttel translation should be much faster and will also be complete instead of partial.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Just a head's up: when 2.0 comes out, I'll take a crack at translating it. It would be a machine translation at first, to let people play it immediately, and I'd do the editing later.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Okay, I've now made a preliminary translation patch for 2.01. This is mostly unedited, and I plan on doing more editing after I actually play the new content. Additionally, for some reason there's a bug with how succubi are displayed in battle. This bug isn't present in the untranslated version.
SIW bug screenshot.png

Attachments

Fatalus

Reputation score
Trans++ must have translated some gibberish lines (like /^Mロール:"(.+?)",\s?([縦横])/ for example). MV games usually don't crash from that, but something will be messed up. I had the same issue with Lilith, where big monsters always looked like small dream eaters, but the game still worked fine except that.

You'll need to find lines that are not sentences at all and delete whatever trans++ made out of those. (I strongly suspect it's going to be a mix of some Japanese and numbers)

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Here's a new version of the patch, with the aforementioned bug solved.

Trans++ must have translated some gibberish lines (like /^Mロール:"(.+?)",\s?([縦横])/ for example). MV games usually don't crash from that, but something will be messed up. I had the same issue with Lilith, where big monsters always looked like small dream eaters, but the game still worked fine except that.

You'll need to find lines that are not sentences at all and delete whatever trans++ made out of those. (I strongly suspect it's going to be a mix of some Japanese and numbers)
Thanks, I've solved the problem now. I think the problem lines were in the Enemies file (I'm not sure since I deleted a lot of files at once).

Attachments

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Took a crack at the version you just posted and the font being too big still seems to be an issue, for me at least. The ends of the sentences are cut off.

Attachments

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Took a crack at the version you just posted and the font being too big still seems to be an issue, for me at least. The ends of the sentences are cut off.
I'm aware of that, but thanks for bringing it up. That issue was fixed in an earlier version by adding plugins that would decrease the font size. However, I'm not sure if those plugins would be compatible with this later version of the game.

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I'm aware of that, but thanks for bringing it up. That issue was fixed in an earlier version by adding plugins that would decrease the font size. However, I'm not sure if those plugins would be compatible with this later version of the game.
All good. I would say try it out again but they're applying for patch ver 2.02 in the next few days and it includes fixing various typos, which might change things with your translation. idk though

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
By the way, if anyone wants to read the text that runs out of the text boxes, a simple way to do it is using the conversation log. You can access this via Page Up (Function + Up arrow key on a Mac). Alternatively, as mentioned earlier in this thread, you can use RPGMakerMVGame Hook patcher to view the text in a separate window.

raeganomics

Reputation score
Perhaps someone could help me since I wasn't able to spot an answer earlier in this thread, but when I try to unpack this game (v2.03) with Enigma Unpacker I hit this roadblock:

[x] Expected section name ".enigma2", found ".reloc"
[x] This file is not protected with Enigma Virtual Box or is hacked.

Only purchased it from Japanese DLSite today, and I notice that the game executable doesn't have a "_boxed" suffix. Does that make a difference or is there something else I'm doing wrong?
Also thanks for your work on the translation!

Fatalus

Reputation score
Perhaps someone could help me since I wasn't able to spot an answer earlier in this thread, but when I try to unpack this game (v2.03) with Enigma Unpacker I hit this roadblock:

Only purchased it from Japanese DLSite today, and I notice that the game executable doesn't have a "_boxed" suffix. Does that make a difference or is there something else I'm doing wrong?
Make sure you're using the latest version of Enigma Unpacker. Older ones tend to have problems with new games. Try using .

raeganomics

Reputation score
Make sure you're using the latest version of Enigma Unpacker. Older ones tend to have problems with new games. Try using .
Thanks for the reply, but updating the Unpacker version was the first thing I tried (probably should have mentioned that in my post) and same result. Got any other suggestions?

Fatalus

Reputation score
Thanks for the reply, but updating the Unpacker version was the first thing I tried (probably should have mentioned that in my post) and same result. Got any other suggestions?
Hmm... that is weird. The only other things that come to mind are:
1. Change your PC to Japenese unicode.
2. Change the folder name to non-Japanese letters.
3. Both 1 and 2 at the same time.

If none of these work... I'm sadly ouf of ideas,

raeganomics

Reputation score
If none of these work... I'm sadly ouf of ideas,
Tried all these, also tried with the Unpacker in the game folder and again with it out and no luck. I'll keep trying things, if anything works I'll post an update for anyone else experiencing the same issue. Cheers for the help

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score

I just tried unpacking (with 2.01, not 2.03) and ran into the same issue. It's weird because I was able to unpack an earlier version without any problems. On the other hand, with this version I was able to apply the translation without unpacking the game, as there's already a data folder inside the www folder. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I've updated the OP to reflect this.

raeganomics

Reputation score
On the other hand, with this version I was able to apply the translation without unpacking the game, as there's already a data folder inside the www folder
Can't believe I didn't even realise that, despite looking inside. Such a simple solution and it works, great help!