What's new

[WIP - Full] [62studio] 不思議の国のサキュバス / Succubus in Wonderland translation (RJ278424)

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Here's my 1.07 Translation in addition I added 2 plugins that will make the font smaller so that most text will fit without word wrap and to extend the item and skill descriptions an extra line.
Thanks, I've added that to the OP.

Oir

Reputation score
Whoa 62studio is getting a bunch of translator love in the last little while.
Happy to see it! Thanks again, yall are doing god's work!

Just wondering, is this translation edited machine translation or unedited?

Aesthetic

Reputation score

Most likely unedited. Game has too much text.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score

Most likely unedited. Game has too much text.
It's currently unedited, but I might try going through and editing some of the translation, mainly the text that you see frequently, like menus. I won't do it right now, mainly because I haven't actually finished the game yet.

Mick2000

Reputation score
wow, i didn't know you've been planning to translate Wonderland too. i thought you only do with Memory and that's it. i mean you just finish that one recently and all.
really appreciate translation effort for 62Studio games here, but compare to Memory which is small spin-off, Wonderland is a main game so i hope you're doing fine.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
wow, i didn't know you've been planning to translate Wonderland too. i thought you only do with Memory and that's it. i mean you just finish that one recently and all.
really appreciate translation effort for 62Studio games here, but compare to Memory which is small spin-off, Wonderland is a main game so i hope you're doing fine.
You misunderstand. All this translation effort's only really getting steam because of Translator ++.
It's a very useful translation tool.

Not to say Green Thoughts isn't putting in an effort, but please don't misunderstand. Current translations are machine translated.

Mick2000

Reputation score
You misunderstand. All this translation effort's only really getting steam because of Translator ++.
It's a very useful translation tool.

Not to say Green Thoughts isn't putting in an effort, but please don't misunderstand. Current translations are machine translated.
no, i'm not misunderstand anything. i'm well aware that Green Thoughts use Translator++ to machine translate both Memory and Wonderland. but after he machine translated Memory he proceed to translate the text to valid english and all.
now here Green Thoughts do have a plan to translate Wonderland later. that alone is a good news to me

malcolm474

Reputation score
This thread is for the translation of Succubus in Wonderland (main thread) and discussion thereof. I'm not the one doing the translations, I'm just gathering them here for easy reference.

Translations have been done using the tool Translator++.

First version (for ver1.02 of the game): https://ulmf.org/threads/62studio-no-nosakyubasu-succubus-in-wonderland-rj278424.13541/post-1098981. This has an issue with word wrapping and also a bug that crashes the cave when you exit the cave area.
Second version: https://ulmf.org/threads/62studio-no-nosakyubasu-succubus-in-wonderland-rj278424.13541/post-1099122. This fixes the word wrapping, but still has the previous bug and has a new bug that messes up the skill menu.
Third version: https://ulmf.org/threads/62studio-no-nosakyubasu-succubus-in-wonderland-rj278424.13908/#post-1099267. This fixes the skill tree bug.
Fourth version (for ver1.05): https://ulmf.org/threads/62studio-no-nosakyubasu-succubus-in-wonderland-rj278424.13908/#post-1099892. This fixes the crash bug, though it doesn't fix the word wrapping.
Fifth version (for 1.07): https://ulmf.org/threads/62studio-n...wonderland-rj278424.13908/page-2#post-1101436. This reduces the font size to deal with the word wrapping issue, and allows item and skill descriptions to extend onto a second line.

Due to these issues, it's recommended that you save frequently (which is also a good rule to follow in general with RPGs). You can deal with word wrapping issues by using a tool that reads text from the game (such as RPGMakerMV Game Hook Patcher), which allows you to read text that's been cut off.

To apply the patch:
  1. Unpack the game using the tool Enigma VBUnpacker (look here for how to do that)
  2. Download the patch and unzip it using 7-zip (look for how to do that)
  3. Open the patch and copy the "data" folder into the game's "www" folder. Before doing this, it's strongly recommended that you copy the existing "data" folder in www to another location, in case something happens.
  4. You will be asked if you want to merge the folders, say yes.
  5. You will be asked if you want to replace the files, click on the box that asks if you want to do the same for all the files, then click on the first option to replace the files.
I downloaded the vb unpacker program from the ulmf link and it wouldn't properly unpack the game on my windows 10 system. I went to Lifeinhex, the website for the vb unpacker program developer, downloaded the most recent version of the unpacker program, and that version unpacked the game properly and it started.

Moonchaos

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
with the translationpatch 1.07, i miss some files it seems...
if i start i get: "Failed to load js/plugins/SkipSandwich.js" maybe the unpacking went wrong?

strife2cloud

Lurker
Reputation score
with the translationpatch 1.07, i miss some files it seems...
if i start i get: "Failed to load js/plugins/SkipSandwich.js" maybe the unpacking went wrong?
You'll get that if you are using an older version of the game. It needs to be 1.07

ErogePrime

Reputation score
The 1.07 patch on version 1.07 of the game crashed for me after i left atuchu cave 8. there's a small scene with the demon queen, and then after it finishes loading i get this error:

TypeError, cannot read property 'split' of null.

rpg_managers.js:1949 TypeError: Cannot read property 'split' of null
at Function.DataManager.amnMapParams (AnimationMapName.js:223)
at Game_System.amnParameters (AnimationMapName.js:289)
at Game_Map.showMapName (AnimationMapName.js:486)
at Game_Player.performTransfer (AnimationMapName.js:502)
at Scene_Map.onMapLoaded (rpg_scenes.js:569)
at Scene_Map.isReady (rpg_scenes.js:561)
at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:2018)
at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (Torigoya_Tween.js:213)
at Function.SceneManager.updateMain [as updateMainFluidTimestep] (rpg_managers.js:1983)
at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (YEP_FpsSynchOption.js:201)

EDIT: found the source of the crash. map012.json has a null value instead of a "" which causes the TypeError. You can revert back the displayname from japanese to Road to Nostos Village 1 after and it'll display properly.

"autoplayBgm":true,"autoplayBgs":false,"battleback1Name":"Meadow","battleback2Name":"","bgm":{"name":"Atelier and Cyberworld","pan":0,"pitch":100,"volume":90},"bgs":{"name":"","pan":0,"pitch":100,"volume":90},"disableDashing":false,"displayName":"Road to Nostos Village 1","encounterList":[],"encounterStep":30,"height":26,"note":""

after "height":26 there's a "note":"" that was previously "note":null which was causing the error. you can then change displayName from the japanese string to "Road to Nostos Village 1"

Last edited:

strife2cloud

Lurker
Reputation score
The 1.07 patch on version 1.07 of the game crashed for me after i left atuchu cave 8. there's a small scene with the demon queen, and then after it finishes loading i get this error:
Thanks for that. I didn't know where the source of that error came from. I couldn't figure it out from RPGMaker Editor or Translation++. I wonder how the Note became Null. Here's an updated Translation with the fix.

Attachments

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Has anyone managed to get this game to work on a Mac with the translation? I've tried applying the translation patch to the game on my Windows computer, then transferring it via USB to my Mac. However, when I open it up, it's untranslated and doesn't have my save data. I tried reapplying the translation on my Mac, but nothing changed.

strife2cloud

Lurker
Reputation score
Has anyone managed to get this game to work on a Mac with the translation? I've tried applying the translation patch to the game on my Windows computer, then transferring it via USB to my Mac. However, when I open it up, it's untranslated and doesn't have my save data. I tried reapplying the translation on my Mac, but nothing changed.
I don't have a mac, but you applied it by overwriting the files in Game.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/data?

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I don't have a mac, but you applied it by overwriting the files in Game.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/data?
No, I did it by overwriting the files in the main game folder. I just tried what you suggested, but now the game just shows a black screen when I open it up.

strife2cloud

Lurker
Reputation score
The only things I can think of is that mac is case-sensitive for file names. So there's an incorrect case somewhere that Windows just ignore or security permissions on the Mac which sometimes mess up stuff when unzipping or modifying stuff you download.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
The only things I can think of is that mac is case-sensitive for file names. So there's an incorrect case somewhere that Windows just ignore or security permissions on the Mac which sometimes mess up stuff when unzipping or modifying stuff you download.
Well, ultimately it doesn't matter that much for me. I can still run the game on my Windows, it's just slower. Thanks for the help, though.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Okay, I had another look and discovered that some files in js weren't copied over for some reason. I copied these over but now I get the error "Failed to load: img/system/IconSet.png". A look into the game files shows that that IconSet is an rpgmvp file. Does anyone know how to fix this?

ErogePrime

Reputation score
Okay, I had another look and discovered that some files in js weren't copied over for some reason. I copied these over but now I get the error "Failed to load: img/system/IconSet.png". A look into the game files shows that that IconSet is an rpgmvp file. Does anyone know how to fix this?
You can fix it by going to the img/system directory, copying and pasting the file iconset.png into the same directory, and renaming that copy to IconSet.png. You will want to make sure that the i and s are both uppercase.