What's new

[WIP - Full] [62studio] Succubus Puttel (RJ265677) translation

Reputation score
I've now decided to translate this game (Main thread). At first, this was a machine translation followed by editing, but I've started learning Japanese and later parts of the translation are more accurate.

List of versions (will be updated as I work on this):
  • SP TL1: This should cover everything up to Shrug Forest and the first boss. This assumes that you go in the proper direction: if you go west or east at the crossroads, you'll start running into untranslated text. It includes most of the menus, though the Achievements are still untranslated.
  • SP TL2: This translation should let you do everything in the game all the way up to the final boss. The Achievements are still untranslated, though, and it's likely that I missed some other lines somewhere.
  • SP TL3: This has everything other than the H-scenes and most of the battle dialogue translated. The Achievements were translated with @Strange's help, and I also translated a few lines that I'd missed in the previous version.
  • SP TL4: This has the battle dialogue translated as well. The Achievements are back to being untranslated, something I'll fix in the next version.
  • SP TL5: This has everything translated in version 3.18, the latest version as of time of writing. Most of the older text has also been edited.
  • SP TL6: This fixes various typos, overly long lines and untranslated bits of text, and includes some image files translated by @NopeNeverEver. Unless any major issues are reported, this will be the final translation patch.
To apply the translation patch:
  1. Unpack the game using the tool Enigma VBUnpacker (look here for how to do that; the most recent version of the unpacker can be found ). In some versions, the game will be already unpacked so you won't need to do this step, but you'll get a loading error when you start the game, so look at the bottom of this post for how to resolve that.
  2. Download the patch and unzip it using 7-zip (look for how to do that)
  3. Open the patch and copy the "data" and "js" folders into the game's "www" folder. Before doing this, it's strongly recommended that you backup the existing "data" and "js" folders in www, in case something happens. One way to do this is to rename them to something else (e.g. "data backup"), in which case you can skip the next steps if it's your first time applying the translation.
  4. You will be asked if you want to merge the folders, say yes.
  5. You will be asked if you want to replace the files, click on the box that asks if you want to do the same for all the files, then click on the first option to replace the files.
  6. SP TL6 has an "SP pictures tl" folder as well. Open this, then open the "img" folder inside the game's "www" folder, then open "pictures". Copy over the contents of "SP pictures tl" into "pictures" and say yes when asked to replace the files.
If you get an error along the lines of "Loading error: Failed to load:" when you start the game, then this post has the solution (go to the original data folder and then start from Step 3).

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
This translation took less time than I thought, as I was able to automate part of the process. I've released a new patch that (in theory) should cover the whole game. The Achievements are untranslated because (as with Lust Friend) they're not in the files loaded by Translator++. There's also likely to be other lines that I simply missed. This probably won't be the final patch I release, and if you find any issues, please tell me so I can fix them in the next patch.

EDIT: Also, I made sure to base this translation on the latest version of the game (3.13), to prevent the issues that I encountered with the Lust Friend translation.

Last edited:

NopeNeverEver

Reputation score
Looks like its something in the Actors.json file, cause it appears with an untranslated version of the file.
Also when you try to enter the special thanks room in the succubus house it gives the same "TypeError Cannot read property 'split' of null" error that you had in Lust Friends.

EDIT: I looked at the Actors.json file and it looks like it's missing the lines for the lust meter, should be an easy fix

Last edited:
OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Looks like its something in the Actors.json file, cause it appears with an untranslated version of the file.
Also when you try to enter the special thanks room in the succubus house it gives the same "TypeError Cannot read property 'split' of null" error that you had in Lust Friends.

EDIT: I looked at the Actors.json file and it looks like it's missing the lines for the lust meter, should be an easy fix
Okay, I've now fixed those two issues. I'll wait a couple of days before releasing another patch, in case anyone else reports an issue.

Az0th

Reputation score
Great Work surprised to see ya almost done so quick. So are the H scenes Translated or they still need editing done?

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Great Work surprised to see ya almost done so quick. So are the H scenes Translated or they still need editing done?
Almost all of the H-scenes are machine translated with no editing other than simple Find & Replace of common words. The only ones I edited were Bosewicht's final scene and
Demon's scene.

sinnerofmight

Reputation score
Almost all of the H-scenes are machine translated with no editing other than simple Find & Replace of common words. The only ones I edited were Bosewicht's final scene and
Demon's scene.
i wish you make a translated with edit of Before, in battle and defeat by Ella, sir.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I've now released what should hopefully be the final version of the translation, with everything translated and the aforementioned bugs fixed.

i wish you make a translated with edit of Before, in battle and defeat by Ella, sir.
Sorry, but that's too much work for what is, ultimately, an amateur translation.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
does patch 3 considered complete translation or still incomplete?
It's complete in the sense that everything is at least machine-translated. Story, menus and a little battle dialogue is also edited to be proper English. But thanks for reminding me, I've now fixed the thread prefix to show that it's a complete translation.

Kamil118

Lurker
Reputation score
So... What made you think that using \! instead of \n for linebreaks is a good idea?

ghravid

Reputation score
So, I've been trying to get this to work but I've ran into a few problems. Firstly, the download from DLsite is coming apparently unpacked; not too much of a problem, just noting for completeness. Secondly, trying to apply the patches causes:
Loading Error
Failed to load: img/system/IconSet.png
to come up when I start the game. I also get a box saying a profile load error occurred.
Your profile can not be used because it is from a newer version of NW.js.

Some features may be unavailable. Please specify a different profile directory or use a newer version of NW.js.

Looking at the patch notes, there was an update at the start of August that states the encryption of the game was changed. Might have broken the translation.

Morkor

Demon Girl
Reputation score
So, I've been trying to get this to work but I've ran into a few problems. Firstly, the download from DLsite is coming apparently unpacked; not too much of a problem, just noting for completeness. Secondly, trying to apply the patches causes:
Loading Error
Failed to load: img/system/IconSet.png
to come up when I start the game. I also get a box saying a profile load error occurred.
Your profile can not be used because it is from a newer version of NW.js.

Some features may be unavailable. Please specify a different profile directory or use a newer version of NW.js.

Looking at the patch notes, there was an update at the start of August that states the encryption of the game was changed. Might have broken the translation.
Try this:

1. Get a fresh copy of the latest version.
2. Extract the translation patch but don't paste it over the game files just yet.
3. In the game's folder go to www\data\system.json.
4. At the very end of system.json. there should be the encryption key, you need to copy the following 3 properties: hasEncryptedImages, hasEncryptedAudio, encryptionKey.
5. Go to the translation patch and open data\system.json.
6. Add a comma just after the last property and then paste in the 3 properties you copied to the end of the file just before the } and then save the file, should look something like:
"windowTone":[0,0,0,0],"hasEncryptedImages":true,"hasEncryptedAudio":true,"encryptionKey":"sdwe897weew9sfde7ds9ds98fw"}
7. Paste patch files over game files like normal.

Hopefully the game will load now.

Last edited: